Espi
Winner

August 18th, 2016, 6:00 pm #11

Jasper flung the bottle into the water. Henry was going to chastise him for littering, but then he was distracted by a fish he thought he saw in the water by the pier. Oh man, it looked like some kind of grouper. Or...was it? Henry couldn't tell. He really wished he had a fishing pole now, though.

Suddenly, a voice came through the area. "Hello!" Henry called back to the person. He recognized Arthur; he was a pretty swell guy. Didn't he have a sister? "We're okay right now, Jazz-man just scraped his hand on a glass bottle." He grinned.

"Luckily we have vanquished the offending object!" Henry raised his hand in triumph, nearly tripping as the length of bullwhip tangled around his leg and yanked him off-balance. He sat back down. "I'm okay. All good."

Then he blinked, and said, "I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay." His breathing started to speed up, and his face went pale. Then, he was back to his usual smiley self. "Do you want to go fishing with us?" He called to Arthur.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Aloha
Contender

August 18th, 2016, 7:47 pm #12

Henry didn’t answer him. Maybe it was because he was too busy looking into the water, but maybe it was because of someone calling out to them right afterwards. Jasper turned towards the voice to see yet another familiar face. Arthur was a senior on the soccer team: They weren’t exactly friends, but they were on good terms. Jasper felt lucky, having run into two friends so far.

He was momentarily worried when Henry tripped over his whip, but he recovered quickly, inviting Arthur to come fishing with them. Jasper chuckled as Henry called him a silly nickname. He didn’t even like jazz.

“Yeah!” Jasper added, waving. “It’d be better if you had, like, an actual a fishing pole we could use,” He paused, eyeing the gun Arthur held at his side. “But by the looks of it, you don’t.”

It had made Jasper jump at first, but as the other boy drew closer, he noticed the tank and a cord connecting the handle and the barrel. Arthur had either gotten a really freaky modified gun, or just some sort of paintball gun. Either way, he didn’t seem to mean any harm. Jasper didn’t think he was the kind of person to start ‘playing’ anyway.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 18th, 2016, 8:17 pm #13

"No fishing gear here," Arthur said, smiling as he got closer to the two boys. He stopped walking just a few feet away from the pair and set his bag down on the concrete ground. Henry had momentarily appeared startled as he almost took a tumble over his own weapon, but Arthur saw no fault in such a reaction. He was just happy the two had welcomed him with open arms into their little gathering. It was nice to be in good company.

"I'm guessing that whip's what you got, Henry," Arthur said, looking at the whip hanging at the boy's side. The whip looked dangerous for sure, far more dangerous than anything Arthur had on him, but judging from Henry's display just moments ago, he still didn't have quite a good grasp on how it worked yet. "You should try and be a little more careful with it," Arthur added. He didn't want to see Henry get hurt, or anybody for that matter.

He noticed Jasper taking a look at his paintball gun. "You wanna hold it?" Arthur offered, holding the gun in front of him, muzzle pointed straight down, "It's just a paintball gun. No harm to be done." Arthur's tone was as welcoming as he could muster, but humorless, the oddness of the situation lost on him. Out of the corner of his eye, Arthur could see a fish or two swimming in the water below, just a few inches below the surface of the water. They looked peaceful and content with themselves, happy to swim in the same circles every day as long as it meant safety. To them, today was just another day, living the same life. Arthur didn't feel like disturbing that peace, not today.

"Anyway," Arthur said, posing a more open question to the group, "What do you two plan on doing? Anything in mind, or were you just planning on staying here a bit longer?"

The fish swam in the water all the while, circling each other in the morning light.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Espi
Winner

August 19th, 2016, 4:54 am #14

Arthur had a gun.

Henry sharply inhaled as he identified the object in the guy's hands. Then he relaxed, because as Arthur said, it was just a paintball gun. He smiled at his new companion.

"Do you have actual paint, like, in ball form? Or just the applicator?" Henry tilted his head, examining the device. He knew some of his classmates had a paintball interest, but he'd never tried it himself. How unfortunate; perhaps Arthur could demonstrate?

Not on him, of course.

An anxious look crossed Henry's face like a cloud, but he recovered quickly. "We were just planning on hanging out, you know? It's a nice day out." In truth it was a bit brisk, but Henry was dressed relatively warmly as usual. Arizona's heat never really bothered him, truth be told.

"What about you? You wanna join us? We were thinking of finding some sticks and twine. You know. For the fishing." Henry smiled again.
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Aloha
Contender

August 19th, 2016, 7:07 pm #15

“Oh, uh, sure,” Jasper replied, taking the paintball gun and turning it over in his hands. Now he could tell for certain that it wasn’t a real gun; not that he’d ever held a real one before. Arthur’s gun just felt lighter than he expected.

Despite that, Jasper still felt a sense of danger while holding it. He’d always been like that, always nervous around things like knives - anything that could be used to hurt others. But knives were also used for benign acts like cooking, and Jasper could handle one while helping his mother around the kitchen. A paintball gun, however, was made with the sole purpose of shooting others. Sure, it wasn’t lethal, but Jasper heard that getting shot with one still packed a punch.

If he felt this way about a paintball gun, Jasper was glad he hadn’t been assigned a real one.

He handed the gun back to Arthur as Henry babbled on about finding sticks and twine. Yeah, that seemed like their second order of business. Even though they were currently on the beach, wood wouldn’t be hard to come by if they just trekked inland. But the twine, however, would be harder to find.

Jasper looked back at the warehouse again. It was the only building in their immediate vicinity, and thus the only place they could really go. He pointed it out to the other two. “Maybe we could check in there?”
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 19th, 2016, 9:59 pm #16

As Jasper handed back the paintball gun to Arthur, Henry asked if Arthur had any ammo inside. "Yes," Arthur answered, "I checked it over earlier, when I woke up." Henry went on to explain that the two planned on staying around the docks for a little while longer, and that they were looking for materials to make a fishing rod. Arthur was a little concerned that Henry was still thinking about fishing, but otherwise had no practical objections. If they could catch and cook fish, it'd taste a lot better than the protein bar he had earlier.

Jasper pointed at the storehouse building in the distance, Arthur turned and looked in its direction. He hadn't done much in the way of studying it before, but now that he looked at the building he noticed that perched on top was a run down helicopter. Though the presence of a helicopter pad on the map was clear to him, he doubted that the people who brought him here would leave such an obvious means of escape, if not for a trap. The other two hadn't mentioned it yet, though, so Arthur kept from mentioning it either.

"I mean, it's worth a shot," Arthur replied, "It's a pretty big building." Arthur was pretty sure that finding twine somewhere inside the warehouse was likely, and sticks would be easy enough to gather outside. What worried him about the warehouse was the presence of his classmates. Some would be playing, he figured, and even though there were three of them together, Arthur knew that there were stronger students out there too, with weapons more lethal than anything he had yet seen. That these two were the type more likely to throw weapons away rather than put them to use only worried Arthur further.

But he wasn't going to let the two of them go in there alone. If he did that, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night. These weren't just random people he was stranded with, these were his classmates, and two of them that he liked, for that matter.

"What do you guys think?" He asked, "Ready to head over there?"
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Espi
Winner

August 21st, 2016, 2:53 pm #17

"Yeah, let's go!"

Grinned, adjusted the strap of his bag, and started to make his way towards the building that had been pointed out.

He was excited. He was going to go fishing on a remote island. Who knew what he might find here? This was going to be fun. Just him, Jasper, and Arthur, hanging out. Maybe they'd run into some more friends, too? Henry hoped he'd meet up with Jae soon.

((Henry Spencer continued in Self Doubts and Hurricanes))
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Aloha
Contender

August 22nd, 2016, 5:39 pm #18

Jasper couldn’t help but feel incredibly lucky: he’d run into two friends right off the bat, and they all agreed to stick together. He hoped they’d run into others, people like Abby and Nate and Caedyn: good friends he wanted to see before...well, before he died.

There was always the possibility that he wouldn’t die, though. Jasper remembered the big rescue back in 2008, when roughly thirty kids made it out of SOTF alive. It hadn’t happened again in 2012, but there was always the chance that the rescuers would repeat their stunt here. Jasper hoped it would, but if it didn’t, if he was going to die...well, Jasper didn’t want to think about that. Besides, there were more pressing matters.

They needed twine for fishing.

((Jasper Bustamante continued in Self Doubts and Hurricanes))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 22nd, 2016, 10:20 pm #19

As Jasper and Henry walked ahead of him, Arthur took one last look at the fish circling around in the water below. They looked just as peaceful as they had before, content to swim in a circuit around the side of the docks. He smiled at their happiness, their purity. He wished he could be one of them, just for a little while, swimming around with nothing to worry about.

Jasper and Henry were good kids. He was glad he had run into such nice people early on. Arthur felt at ease, a momentary peace settling in his toes. He walked after them, eager to explore the storehouse ahead. No matter if there were other people waiting in the storehouse, weapons at the ready. Arthur knew that he'd be fine as long as he had friends at his side to watch his back.

The day had barely started, and already Arthur was feeling hopeful. He walked over to join his friends.

[Arthur Bernstein continued in Self Doubts and Hurricanes.]
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again