Plush Wants To (Tarot) Read Your Kids!

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

September 3rd, 2016, 7:13 pm #1

Hey folks! I thought this might be a fun little artsy project that some people might enjoy. I've recently been getting really into doing tarot reads and I'm trying to get better at memorization of all the intricacies of the cards. So I figured it might be fun to set up some reads for SotF kiddos, and if it ends up being a thing people enjoy I'll probably do more! If it sounds like something you're interested in, let me hit you with a couple things:
[+] Spoiler
In the theory of tarot I subscribe to, it's not a way to see the future or divine absolute truth. Questions like "Will my kid win?" or "How does my kid die?" can't really be answered by the sort of reads I do. Rather, my reads are meant to be an exercise of psychological self-reflection. Think of a tarot read in this theory as a highway system with many possible routes and destinations, and which ones you take depend entirely on you.
[+] Spoiler
Every read starts at a single point: the concept. I like to think of the concept as a statement of purpose or a focusing lens for you to view the read through. A read can go anywhere and the results may seem entirely chaotic if you go into it without any idea what you're looking for, so a distinct and open-ended concept or question is useful. In this particular context, I'm looking for an aspect of the kiddo you want me to read, something that is important to them that either they'd want answers about or you'd like answers about to flesh it out further.

To give an example, say I wanted to do a read for Ty, and specifically I wanted to do a read about his family life because I'm not quite sure how to put more meat on it. My statement of purpose would look something like this: "I will learn about Tyler Yazzie's relationship with his blood relatives, so that I may explore it on a more intimate level." Obviously, you don't have to word it loaded with such pomp and wank, that's just some witchy chaos magician bullshit I do with mine that would take waaay too long to explain. The long story short is that if you want to start a read, hand me a concept and kiddo to work with either here or through PM.

For those interested in how the actual read itself will be done, I'll be doing a Celtic Cross read, which consists of 10 cards: The Present, The Challenge, The Life, The Root of Reading, Past Influences, Future Influences, Counsel, Outside Influences, Hopes and Fears, and Outcome. Further explanation of each category can be given on request. It's worth noting here that there are a lot of different names and interpretations for each of these categories, and these are just the ones I've settled on in my own fucked up amalgamate understanding of the practice. For each card, I'll give a summary of its broad meaning or associations, or in the case of a Court Card the story associated with mine.

I'll be using the Secrets of the Necronomicon deck for these readings, since I adore it and it's the only physical deck I own at the moment. This does include some differences in terms of the Suits, but they translate well enough and unless you're already familiar with tarot that's just shop babble to be ignored. There may be more decks involved in the future, I plan to get some others and when I do I'll include an option for you to pick the deck for your read if you're so inclined.
I'll summarize here at the end: Hit me with both your kid and the concept/open-ended question you want me to read about them either here or through PM, and specify whether you'd like your read posted in the thread or delivered via PM. With that out of the way, let's have some fun :3
[+] Spoiler
1. Noah Whitley, "if Noah wasn't abducted for SOTF, what would his life be like if he pursued a career as an entertainer?"
2. Sandy Bricks "How would Sandy's depression play out in his future?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Laurels
Mr. Danya

September 3rd, 2016, 7:17 pm #2

Okay, let's try it.

I give you Noah Whitley. I ask you this: if Noah wasn't abducted for SOTF, what would his life be like if he pursued a career as an entertainer?

If I asked that wrong, I'm sorry.
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] Spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

September 3rd, 2016, 7:18 pm #3

Laurels wrote:Okay, let's try it.

I give you Noah Whitley. I ask you this: if Noah wasn't abducted for SOTF, what would his life be like if he pursued a career as an entertainer?

If I asked that wrong, I'm sorry.
Nope, that works great! And a reminder that I need to make a queue. Would you like the read posted here, or in PM?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

September 3rd, 2016, 7:19 pm #4

Sure why not.

How will Sandy's depression play out in his future? (Abduction or no abduction; the former is preferable but whichever's most convenient (or you could even look at it from both PoVs if you feel generous, but that's up to you))

Posting in here is fine.

dmboogie
Winner

September 3rd, 2016, 7:33 pm #5

Tarot cards/readings are pretty much the coolest thing, so let's go!

How would a not-dead Cass cope with their confidence/self-worth issues in the future? (Posting here is fine~)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

September 3rd, 2016, 7:55 pm #6

I've got only meanwhile/pregame characters this round, but shoot.

Since he narrowly avoided being abducted and can thus pursue his life goals, how are Roderick's chances of making it as far as he wants to in his sport? Optionally, how will SOTF and the abduction (and probable death) of so many of his friends and loved ones affect his path? If that's too future-telly, feel free to reinterpret the question or ask me to ask a different one.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

Leaf
Player

September 3rd, 2016, 8:45 pm #7

Paige, I want to confirm with the tarot reading if this song is the right one for the overall theme of V6?

Edit: the link isn't working uwu nevermind
edit2: the link works now uwu uwu

Real question: with the tarot thing, I'd like you to read Jerry's parents reaction to the whole SOTF thing.
[+] Spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

Dannyrulx
Leader

September 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm #8

I'm game.

If Maria was not captured for SOTF, How would her career as a chef go?
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
AUCTIONED OFF DUE TO INACTIVITY.
My eternal shame was that I let this happen.
[V7]
Yeah, It hasn't even started yet and I already have characters, That's what happens when you're an idiot.
Elizabeth Wilson: "I rock an eyepatch. Kinda have to, but it's nice to have style in the bargain.
[/spoiler]

Primrosette
Winner

September 4th, 2016, 3:54 pm #9

(I can just barely see Lore's question)

Anyway, this seems like fun. So I'm up for this.

If Brendan was not abducted for SOTF, how would his career as an author turn out?
Their Time Is gone wrote:
[+] Spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
G014 - Scarlett McAfee: "I always liked you, y-you know...?"
G044 - Maria Cucinotta (Adopted): "Hah..."
[+] Spoiler
Emmett Bunnell: Artistic Loner
Violet Quinn: Quiet Goth

[+] Spoiler
Travis Levenson: 'Me? Nice? Please! You're being delusional...'
Tia Sullivan: 'This is a complete waste of my time....'
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'
Ravan Sharpe: 'Uh.... H-Hi.'

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

September 4th, 2016, 3:57 pm #10

If Bart had not been abducted, would he have been likely to find success with his cartoon?

[+] Spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

September 5th, 2016, 7:23 am #11

Quick broad note: These questions work best when they're open-ended rather than yes/no. I can re-interpret all the ones submitted so far into that format, but it's helpful on my end to keep that in mind~
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rorick Skyve
Leader

September 5th, 2016, 7:33 am #12

If not for his abduction, how would Aiden's future have looked career wise?
[+] Spoiler
Maxim Kehlenbrink ---- Memories 1-2--- Present 1- 2-3-4-5 --- Sadie Hawkins Dance 1

Aiden Slattery ---- Present: 1-2-3-4-5--- Sadies 1-2--- Memories 1 - 2

Jane Madison (Adopted from The Burned Handler, who adopted from Somersault, who adopted from Espi)

Cicada Days
Winner

September 5th, 2016, 7:42 am #13

This is a cool idea and I cannot resist asking at least one stupid thing so:

If Irene had continued on to take a crack at becoming a pro League player how would she have been relegated with Dignitas how would her life have gone?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

September 6th, 2016, 1:04 am #14

Reading For: Noah Whitley.

Purpose: Future as an Entertainer.

The Present: Ace of Disks(The Matrix of Earth), Upright. Material gain, productive labor, wealth, prosperity, valued possessions, property.

The Challenge: King of Disks(The Necromancer), Upright. A mature man of determined and patient disposition, capable of great physical industry. Most of his attention and energy is devoted to material matters of a practical nature. Reliable, skillful in mechanical things, usually serious and seldom given to spontaneous frivolous outbursts, he is regarded as somewhat dull by his friends, who nonetheless are glad enough to take advantage of his practical skills.

The Life: The Emperor (Amun), inverted. Instability, false start, impractical idea, lack of foundation, wasted force, initial thrust, penetration, determined purpose, passionate man.

The Root of Reading: The Moon(Hounds of Leng), Upright. Illusion, sterility, danger on the path, hostile environment, traps, pitfalls, hidden enemies, deception, lies, concealment, need for caution.

Past Influences: Ace of Swords(Matrix of Air), inverted. Despotism, wrath, concentrated force, violation, overkill, domination, force for evil.

Future Influences: Two of Disks(Inversion of Earth), Upright. Change, transformation, alternation, cycles, gain and loss, harmonious revolution, ebb and flow, cheerfulness, recreation, rhythm of life, a message, a visit.

Counsel: Knight of Cups (The Monk), Upright. A young man who is calm on the outside but inwardly intense and seething with determination. He likes to keep his purposes to himself and tens to be crafty and subtle. He works for his own ends with ruthless single-minded determination. His complete devotion to his own goals can generate mistrust and dislike in others.

Outside Influences: Eight of Disks(Analysis of Earth), Inverted. Avariciousness, hoarding, meanness, fear of risk-taking, lacking in enterprise, too much attention to small things, low cunning.

Hopes and Fears: Nine of Swords(Despair of Air), Upright.Delay, deception, disappointment, shame, suspicion, suffering, loss, hardship, heartlessness, cruelty.

Outcome: Three of Cups(Abundance of Water), Inverted. Sensuality, excess, carried away, frenetic delight, Epicureanism, indulgence, excess, surfeit, reveling.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler