Peripeteia

The tunnels, as the result of the failed mining experiment on the island, are rather simple, leading into the mountain and heading out towards the mansion grounds. While the entrance from the mine is still clear, the entrance from the grounds is more overgrown with thick foliage as if the owner of the mansion wished for it to be kept as invisible as possible and prevent the local populace from trespassing. It is hard to breathe and almost impossible to see without a light source down in the mine. These tunnels stretch all throughout the Northern part of the island, allowing access at several points in the felled forest and near the beach.* Threads Allowed: 6 *
T-Fox
Winner

March 19th, 2011, 2:57 pm #11

Well, they had finally noticed her. She heard some kind of shuffling, and from what she could see, Brendan was shuffling backwards on all fours, like some kind of wretch, some kind of bug fleeing from the foot that was about to stomp it dead. Even without being able to discern his facial features, Jackie could tell. He was mortified. Words couldn't describe what Brendan was feeling right now. But Jackie could empathize. The poor boy was about to be labeled a murderer, and shunned by every single person he once held dear.

"Stay there. Don't move."

She was more than happy to oblige. The damage had been done, and it truly looked like Peter was in control of the situation. He was trying to assess what went wrong, trying to keep things calm... Of course she would at least be treated with suspicion and disdain, everyone on the island knew what she had done. Just like in a few hours, everyone would know what Brendan had done.

"Do you have any fucking idea what you've done? You did this. You shot him, because he sure as hell didn't shoot himself in the leg. So I'm gonna give you one fucking chance to explain your fucking self."

That seemed a little harsh. She tried to rationalize it, Peter was trying to give him a good wake up slap, because Brendan hadn't said a single word yet. He was still huddled against the opposing cave wall, shaking like a leaf. She could hear his labored, pained breathing, and she could have sworn she heard a sob as Peter's tirade continued.

"You're fucking pathetic, you know Brendan? You shoot somebody to death. Your first kill, if I recall correctly. You had this gun, and you either know how to use it or you're a fucking idiot and should never be allowed to have one. I'd have thought you could fucking handle what this all comes to mean. For God's sake, it's been a fucking week. But no, you're just going to sit there being useless and pathetic. You can't even fucking man up and accept the responsibility of what you just fucking did."

He doesn't need this right now.

But what can I do? He's just trying to he-No. Listen to his voice, or are you that socially inept? He's mad, not trying to give him a wake up call. I can hear your thoughts, I know your rationalizations, and am quite intimate with their fallacies.

Back and forth they went, until one sentence gave Cassarah the proverbial middle finger, Jackie essentially screaming 'shut your face' so that she could just listen to that one beautiful phrase akin to what she had wanted to hear for the entire time she was on the island.

"...innocent person would be dead. Like Jackie back there."

An audible gasp came from her as she shook her head in disbelief. Innocent? No... That's not what she was looking for. She was far from innocent... In fact, she would deserve 'Hunt's' fate more than she could ever have imagined another person could. Well... Except for Maxwell. Maxwell deserved to die much more than she did, that's one point that Cassarah had been working off of throughout their conversations over the past week.

"So tell me: why shouldn't I just shoot you right now?"

He's not right in the head.

She shook her head wildly, her hair still flying free whipping through the air, coming to rest all about, shrouding her view even more than the inky black of the tunnels did in the first place. Even though she knew she didn't deserve it, she still relished the little unintentional compliment. She clung to it like a little puppy.

B-But he likes me.

Do NOT tell me that you are... No. You will not side where you wish to. So weak... Must I do everything myself?

That rush, that switch of power. Her limbs suddenly felt lifeless, yet they were directly in front of her face, pulling back her hair, roughly shedding it from her eyes...

"Peter. He doesn't need this right now." It still sounded like Jackie, just as with Li before her. But the voice was somehow different, and it was obvious Cassarah wasn't trying to hide it at all. "Look at him. It's obvious it was an accident. Why are you doing this to him?"

Jackie cringed and groaned inside of her own mind. She really wasn't anything but the puppet to these puppet-masters. She couldn't do a damn thing that she wanted anymore. She had just wanted to stay here silently. Avoid conflict, let it work itself out. She had respite for once.

She felt her body drop to it's knees, not five feet from Brendan and Peter, looking on at the shadowy figures that were so animated against the same-colored backdrop.

Jackie expected Cassarah to say something else, to fuck it up worse. To make an enemy where there was none. But instead, silence rained. She was waiting for Brendan's explanation on just as bated breath as Peter was. But for different reasons. The right reasons, Jackie.

Oh dear fucking Christ no...
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
[+] spoiler
B008 - Peter McCue - "Welcome home Katlin." - "DECEASED" - (Killcount: 0) - St. Paul, Minnesota [RANK: 82/276]
B011 - Chadd Crossen - "Janet... I forgive you for everything." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Northern Cliffs: Sometimes Sanctuary isn't That Far Away... [RANK: 242/276]
B018 - Colin Falcone - Damned if Danya could stop him; even in death. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Antonio Russo) - The Costal Woods: One Final Bow [RANK: 161/276]
G020 - Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten - She was never really alone at all. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Maria Santiago) - The Tunnels: Peripeteia [RANK: 106/276]
B100 - Rekka Saionji - "Real... men... don't cry." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Tunnels: It Knows Nothing of Whim [RANK: 208/276]
What is wrong with you people?!
[+] spoiler
(7:07:51 PM) Little: "TAKE THAT MOM. YOU TRIED TO PROTECT ME, BUT I'VE BEEN TEN COCKS DEEP 24/SEV-UNNNNNN"
Rattlesnake: ...He says confidently after burning his roll null. I think Ciel just punched the RNG in the face.
Namira: Ciel: Punch RNG in the snout to establish superiority.
KamiKaze: I think Kyle enjoys the scent of poor people.

Brackie
Winner

March 25th, 2011, 7:06 am #12

Were his mind in the right place, his eyes would have been clenched shut. In some strange other world, they probably were, but definitely not here. Brendan couldn't move, it was just impossible to tell his body what to do.

In fact...nothing was going through. He was still breathing, for sure, but no sound, no reflexive actions, not even a little twitch when his own gun was tote to his head. Those eyes just kept on staring into a little pocket of isolation a million miles away, and they didn't even blink when (to whoever's knowledge) someone started to yell threats against his life.

Even when that solo chorus was bound together with a cry of protest, he still didn't speak. He didn't speak, because he never wanted to say another word again as long as he lived. Because every single word that dripped out of his mouth wouldn't be the words of the shy, unworldly Australian boy who woke up dazed and confused like the rest of them over a week ago now.

No, the words that came out would be the words of a killer.

He'd done it. Danya was right all along, and Brendan was wrong. He'd sincerely hoped, out of the bottom leveled pits of his heart, that no one could honestly be reduced to this level, especially not him. Those false layers of paint were then stripped away with each passing breath, until the only thing left beneath was a black mound of matter, whatever used to be him.

It terrified him.

No matter which way you honey-coated it, the facts were facts. Brendan killed someone. Someone innocent, someone who wasn't a killer, or a psychopath, or a loony, or any level of barmy that registered on most sane levels of the human brain, just a scared guy, like him.

Millions of voices all screamed, only inside his head. They dug themselves down to his throat and tried to claw their way into his consciousness, trying to get him to say everything he was thinking.

You're a killer I didn't mean to what do I do what will they think I didn't mean to I tried to help him it makes it all better I didn't mean to who can trust me ever again what will they all thing I didn't mean to I was scared he wasn't speaking what was I supposed to think I didn't mean to why did I think I was important what are you going to do with me I'm scared I'm so scared right now what do I do I didn't mean to

You're a killer

I didn't mean to

I was scared

I'm so scared

What do I do

You're a killer...I didn't mean to, I was scared, I'm so scared, what do I do?

What do I do?

But still, nothing came out.

A hand grabbed all these desperate thoughts, and clenched onto them hard and fast.

Leave him alone.

He needs to figure this out for himself.

He needs all the time in the world.

If someone was watching, they could see him try to mouth a few words, if even only as weak as humanely possible. The lips shaped the meaning behind them, but they were only movements, with no sound following them.

'I didn't mean to...'

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Solomir
Player

April 4th, 2011, 7:10 pm #13

Of course. There always had to be somebody to shit all over the work he was trying to do. He should've told Jackie to keep her mouth shut too.

The challenge hung in the air. Peter shifted his body, turning slightly to put Jackie in his peripheral vision. He may as well oblige her in discussion; it would beat waiting in the dim silence which was not encouraging Brendan to do anything and putting up with that dull ache in his leg. He drew up a breath and straightened his shoulders. Jackie had taken up a stand and Peter wasn't going to make himself look like he'd be easy to bowl over.

"Do I need to repeat myself? He needs to fucking man up. Sure shit happens. People die when you don’t mean them to. If he'd done it on purpose, I'd have blown his brains out already. Still, it’s been a goddamn week, Jackie. Way too late to be throwing pity parties.” Peter shuffled his feet slightly, trying to get his jeans from sticking too much on his left leg. “He wants to run? To hide? Not on my watch.”

Peter’s free hand came up and rubbed absently at his mess of hair. The words echoed hollowly around him. Of course he knew everything about running from his issues. But even then, at least he was trying. He could still do something; make an impact.

“I’ve already killed people. So have you, Jackie. And guess what: we’ve gotten through it. We’re stronger because we can live past that.” Jackie’s confident tone hadn’t escaped Peter’s notice. Back at Bayview, she had been shy and mousy, and now she was anything but that. “If Brendan can’t do the same, then what does he have left?” Peter picked at his pant leg again, trying to innocuously peel it away from his skin. When had he started sweating that much?

“What does he have to live for? It'd be a mercy to spare him that pain.”
V5
B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4
Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

Brackie
Winner

April 8th, 2011, 5:03 am #14

((Posting for a bit for Trav while he's away))
((Also, crap post is crap))

Cassarah could not believe a single word she was hearing. In all her time, she'd come across people like Peter, but only in theory, never with a single action behind their motivations. Aaron. He wanted to serve justice, but...he was just as inneffective as the rest of his group, Milo the mental retard included. But this...

There was a real threat here, not just to the poor boy on the ground behind Peter, but to Jackie. Peter had killed people, just like Jackie herself had killed, but they were different. Peter obviously didn't see it that way, and tried to...compare them?

Cassarah inhaled sharply at that particular notion, and...she let it all out.

"How dare you try to compare yourself to me, Peter." She spoke with confidence, and nothing was going to stop her, not that gun, not the threat of death, and not even the pleas inside herself begging her to hold back. "Are you talking about killing him for being a human being? This-this isn't war, Peter, it's terrorism, and you're taking part in it! You can't make these excuses for why you want to kill someone, for some...some petty vengeance. First thing you're saying that he deserves to die because he killed someone, and now you're absconding him for not hardening up like you are? Is that..."

She flicked her eyes down, then collected her words for the right thing to say.

"Is that why you murdered Jessie? Did she start crying too much, Peter? Is that what you've turned into, someone who goes around killing innocent people because they cry?"

Jackie didn't realise how much the words coming out of her mouth were going to shape what happened next.

Come on, Brendan, just hide.

Hide.

Like you always do.

Pathetic.

Killer.

You're even a pathetic killer.

Come on.

Hide.

Don't even try getting out of this.

You've gone too far.

Killer.

Murderer.

There's a reason he wants to kill you.

Killer.

Remember the word vigilante?

It applies aptly here.

He's a vigilante.

The island's knight in shining armour.

He's gonna save them.

He's gonna save them all.

He's gonna take out the people who deserve to die.

He's gonna be a hero.

You're just a name to him.

A statistic.

Not a person.

A statistic.

So go on.

Hide.

In your head.

Under someone's bed.

Just do it.

Hide.

Hide.

Hi-shut up shut up SHUT UP YOU ARE NEVER BEING LEFT ALONE AGAIN.

Who-

Here, answer this, ignore everything else, just answer his questions, quickly.

What do you think you-

"Why should he shoot you right now?" Come on, get this through, you don't have much time.

Because I deserve to li-

Not good enough, bam bam, you're dead. Think of something, but just tell yourself.

I...there's people I need to speak to-

Still not good enough, bam to the head. Come on. Think.

There's...I can't do anything else but liv-

That's exactly what he's waiting for. He's waiting for a confession that you are NOTHING but a waste of space. Do not give him that. Do not give him anything. Just tell it all to yourself. Just because you've shut off your brain it doesn't mean you're completely helpless. You've got help besides me.

What are you-

"Peter. He doesn't need this. It was obviously an accident."

Who-

Jackie Broughten. Anti-social social leper, just like you used to be. You people gotta stick together, huh? Well, don't take this opportunity for granted. She's distracted you, so now...get out of there.

How-

Get out of here. Get out of there. Just listen. You killed a boy named Steven Hunt. Accept that.

I...do. I do accept that. But how can I go on-

Easy. Do you know him?

Well...no.

Then stop whining. Wait until someone you love dies. Wait until your grief is worth spilling. Because it will happen, it's an inevitability.

You're wrong.

I'm right. I'm always. Right. I have been and I always will be right. So shut up, nut up, and get the hell out. Spill your grievances in your own time.

Here, I'll help you.

And Brendan took his first few blinks.

His retinas burned. His clothing smelt of mould.

But the messages remained intact.

He turned his head slowly towards the scene making its way to the forefront of his mind. There she was. There he was. Jackie Broughten and Peter Siu, both playing judge and jury with his life. They both wanted...wanted something to come of this kill.

But Brendan didn't know what to do, particularly as Jackie Broughten had caught a glimpse of him moving.

She blinked, flicking her eyes back to the scenic antagonist.

This is your first test, Jackie. You can save a life here, or you can end it. What will you do?

TELL ME.

"So who are you to decide who gets to live here? That shouldn't be in the hands of someone who obviously has good intentions. If you get to choose who lives over who dies...you're a monster. If you think you deserve that right, Peter...you're worse than every killer here."

A deafening roar accompanied her final insult, echoing. Jackie's feet were glued to the ground as Cassarah did not wish her to stray.

Perfect.

Jackie's eyes shot past the immediate threat and settle on the retreating figure.

Brendan.

He'd just gotten to his bag when he was assaulted once more by the pop of a gun. His reaction differed. He did not fear it.

He grabbed his bag, and he ran.

Jackie could have sworn she saw something fall out of the bag and clatter aimlessly on the rock and ground, but right now, her thoughts were on a mere celebration of her first real victory.

At least, Cassarah's victory.

It even ignored the beeping that had suddenly taken up occupancy of their thoughts.

Dear god, I'm going to die here...

((Brendan Wallace continues in Tabula Rasa))

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Solomir
Player

April 8th, 2011, 6:44 am #15

Hearing the words coming out of the girl's mouth, Peter wanted to laugh. She thought she was somehow better than him. What, because his kill count was higher than hers by one? She didn't know. She didn't understand anything. All she was doing was vindicating herself while pinning all the rest of the blame onto him.

She was doing a hell of a job of it too. Each word bit deeper and deeper. He understood how everything could be painted that way; but she didn't understand his side. She had one paradigm, one set of axioms to follow: that everyone on the island were victims, and that trying to change the status quo was bad. Fact of the matter was, everybody couldn't be saved. Peter'd already tried. All that was left was to save as many, protect as many people as he could.

People that deserved to be protected; people that deserved to keep living. Not murderers, and not spineless losers.
Maybe Brendan deserves it too.
Jackie didn't understand anything. She didn't know why Jessie had to die. Sure, there could've been other ways of handling that situation, but what was done was done. And Jackie didn't understand. She just assumed. Peter was done being painted as a villain. He was done being compared to the likes of Maxwell and Reiko.

"Shut. Up."

The words came out tersely, but quietly. Peter narrowed his eyes at Jackie with a glare that could freeze hell. Peter didn't like being ridiculed. He didn't like people making him feel useless and ineffective. Most of all, Peter didn't like being reminded of how he'd fucked up. That was his job.

Still, she kept talking. Saying he was something he wasn't. Saying he was a monster. No, saying he was worse than a monster. She just wouldn't shut up.
Make her.
So he'd make her.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

BANG

An unpracticed, jerky movement. Swinging his arm around to aim and releasing the safety resulted in blowback that Peter hadn't been prepared for. His arm whipped back, and for a split second, Peter thought his arm might pop out of his shoulder. The pistol was evidently not meant to be fired one handed. Still, he bit down on the pain and brought the gun back down to bear. His first shot hadn't been aimed at her. Just a warning shot. The next one wouldn't be as charitable.
Couldn't hit her if I tried anyway. I've never been a good shot.
Something clattered to the ground just behind his feet. Peter didn't need to turn around. He could feel Brendan pushing himself for a mad dash away from the two and from the gunshot. Peter couldn't blame him.
Gotta go after him. Gotta talk to him. Figure things out.
"I gave you the benefit of the doubt from the start. Don't make me take it back." The voice was cold steel cutting through the tunnel's dry air. "Brendan ran off. Good enough for you? Because I'm done with you making yourself sound so righteous and wholesome. So let's turn around and walk our separate ways."

Peter gathered up the few things left behind from Brendan's first aid kit. A few usable things here and there and it could go a long way. His flashlight ceased its illumination of Steven's body as he picked it up with his backpack. A few steps away, he found the thing that had fallen to the ground just moments before. It felt unfamiliar to his hand, but the rectangular shape lent credence to what it could be.

Taking a few steps in the general direction Brendan had run off, Peter felt a twinge of pain in his leg. Fuck, he'd reopened the wound. He hadn't been hit particularly hard by that piece of wood, but it would still need tending to sooner rather than later.
Can't stop now, gotta catch up to Brendan.
He didn't even bother to turn around to address her one last time. "And pray that I don't see you again, Jackie. Next time, I'll keep in mind that you're a murderer too."

((Peter Siu continued The Strength to Stand Again))
V5
B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4
Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

T-Fox
Winner

April 19th, 2011, 4:58 am #16

"Shut. Up."

Cassarah, indeed, did keep on talking. She kept going on that massive moral crusade, standing on a soapbox she had no right to even own, never mind be on top of right now. She was a killer, talking down to a... well, a two time killer. But still, Jesus Christ. Hypocrisy. And it was extremely visible that Peter was getting annoyed with her shenanigans.

See, this is exactly why I wanted to just starve to death in a damned corner...

Really, the more and more Nekane popped up in the back of her head... that was the name, wasn't it... the more and more it made sense. Why take route A or route B out of all of this? She could just kill herself, and get it over with. Well, the only problem with that was the fact she was terrified to actually hurt herself, but starving to death seemed to suit the suicidal little girl in her head more than well enough. In fact, she could have sworn she heard humming right before Peter responded again, harsher this time than even before.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

Umm, Cassarah, I don't think he's fu-

The loud crack that followed knocked every single one of them out of their jumbled trains of thought, Cassarah silencing immediately as the distinct sound of gunfire echoed through the cavern. Adrenaline poured through Jackie's body, felt by all, and each and every one of them, save Nekane, had the mind to leap out of the way, dive for cover, something. Thankfully, one of those with a self preservation instinct intact was in control.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be quick enough.

If Jackie had ever been given a chance to retell the story, she would have sworn that the world slowed down. That she was thinking in normal time right up until that shot of pain, and even then. Heck, she might have even told you she heard that stereotypical acceleration noise as soon as it did occur, just as the world seemed to move back to normal again. But really, she didn't have time to process anything. A split second before anything occurred even, she heard a crack on a nearby rock, and suddenly, just fire through the entire right side of her face. It hurt so much, four voices screaming in unison in her mind, yet the cave was eerily silent as the next sound was that of chipped, carved stone falling to the ground, followed quickly by the clang of brass on the tunnel's floor.

She tried to open her mouth. Cassarah was gone, long gone, her presence not even felt like she had finally grown accustomed to. It felt... Empty. But she didn't dwell on that. Her mouth wouldn't move, the exertion causing a shockwave of hellfire and punishment to cause the entire right side of her face, or what was left of it, to convulse. Which caused even more pain, which caused a straining whimper to slide ever so reluctantly from her throat.

"I gave you the benefit of the doubt from the start. Don't make me take it back. Brendan ran off. Good enough for you? Because I'm done with you making yourself sound so righteous and wholesome. So let's turn around and walk our separate ways."

He obviously didn't seem to realize, at all, what had happened. She was incapable of responding, and he was taking the offensive again. She fluttered her eyes, straining her will, and the very fiber of her being, trying to fight to stay awake. She felt a sticky, red, warmth oozing down her shoulder, down her arm. Her right eye was twitching, and she swore that if she moved her arm to check how bad the damage was, she would throw up on the spot.

"And pray that I don't see you again, Jackie. Next time, I'll keep in mind that you're a murderer too."

She wanted to call out, nay, plead for help from the one person who had caused her this much pain. A tear rolled down her one good cheek, pricking painfully at her other eye as these mechanisms that didn't yet realize that they were destroyed still tried to work against the will of every bit of her. Every bit of energy she expended was a second less she had to keep breathing. But what was the point?

Another presence just faded away... First it was a sense of honor that she just couldn't feel welling within her anymore, and now, it was an anger, a vengeance that just evaporated. Another voice went silent.

When did her ears dunk underwater? The footsteps trailing away were just getting that much farther away, that much harder to hear. Was ear just coated in blood? Or was the blackness starting to creep into her vision not actually an illusion created by a terrified girl?

Another voice, extinguished. She no longer felt that unbridled, child like source of Joy that she had been able to bring to the surface. It's not like she could have ever identified what it felt like if she tried. But now that it was gone, it was so obvious... So incredibly obvious... She wanted nothing more than to shed a tear, her innocence not just perverted or twisted but literally dead, just as dead as she was about to become. She knew it. That fading voice, the one that had introduced itself as Nekane... She kept telling her so. Over and over, she was sure that all that she had the energy left for was a single chant. Over and over... Berating... How she deserved it...

Jackie's body went limp, but not yet her mind. Even through the pain, even through the absolute torture of watching pieces of yourself literally die in front of you as your brain shuts down...

She still had the clarity to realize now, in her dying moment, that thanks to Cassarah, Li, Nekane, and Akakios... She really wasn't alone at all.

G020: Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten - DECEASED
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
[+] spoiler
B008 - Peter McCue - "Welcome home Katlin." - "DECEASED" - (Killcount: 0) - St. Paul, Minnesota [RANK: 82/276]
B011 - Chadd Crossen - "Janet... I forgive you for everything." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Northern Cliffs: Sometimes Sanctuary isn't That Far Away... [RANK: 242/276]
B018 - Colin Falcone - Damned if Danya could stop him; even in death. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Antonio Russo) - The Costal Woods: One Final Bow [RANK: 161/276]
G020 - Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten - She was never really alone at all. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Maria Santiago) - The Tunnels: Peripeteia [RANK: 106/276]
B100 - Rekka Saionji - "Real... men... don't cry." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Tunnels: It Knows Nothing of Whim [RANK: 208/276]
What is wrong with you people?!
[+] spoiler
(7:07:51 PM) Little: "TAKE THAT MOM. YOU TRIED TO PROTECT ME, BUT I'VE BEEN TEN COCKS DEEP 24/SEV-UNNNNNN"
Rattlesnake: ...He says confidently after burning his roll null. I think Ciel just punched the RNG in the face.
Namira: Ciel: Punch RNG in the snout to establish superiority.
KamiKaze: I think Kyle enjoys the scent of poor people.