Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

May 27th, 2017, 4:36 am #11

Matt walked down the stairs. The bell tower was pretty interesting - maybe in the future if he had a rile of some sort he could camp out on the top - and maybe his favorite place on the island so far. He figured he had a special connection to it. He'd met Jerry and Toby - was that her name? Toby? - within view of it. The ocean view was a constant companion and it lost its appeal to him after a few days. The bell tower was different. From the top he could see for a little while around. Just enough in his opinion.

Thud.

Matt raised the gun. What was that? He looked back, up. Towards the top. Nothing. He called out, quietly.

"Aiden - that you?" He thought for a moment. It probably was. Maybe he'd tried to get up and collapsed or something. "Just stay there," he said, starting to walk back down again. He was ready to meet Serena and what's her name? The other one. He couldn't remember their name. Whatever. Maybe he'd learn it soon. Maybe he wouldn't. Danya knew everyone's name and he had the most direct way of finding out in his hands.

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

May 30th, 2017, 12:01 pm #12

They had a plan, get the reward, roll around in a jeep and make sure none of these assholes get home. She thought they had been on a roll to this point, invicible, couldn't be touched. All of that was crashing down around her as she watched Aiden's crumpled form. Mel was talking about carrying him and saving him, but she knew there was nothing they could. Not with this much damage to him.

And that was all she could do as her friend of the last few days slowly died, he spoke out, speech slurred and almost incoherent. She could make out words, Matt, gun, on his way.

Matt did this? They just saved his life the day before and this is how he repays them? She felt tears form as she looked over Aiden's destroyed body. The upper half looking less so than the lower, and all of this because of her. If she didn't drive to this place, Matt wouldn't have had the chance to get the jump on him, if they just went along with him, maybe he wouldn't be dead, maybe that fuck would have been the dead one instead.

She watched and held onto his hand as Aiden breathed his last before finally, mercifully dying. She felt the tears forming in her eyes as she realised his stuff was gone, Matt must have done this because of the gun. Just like that, this is his repayment for that. They should have let Jerry have his way with him. Goddamn it all. "Aiden? I...I'm so sorry."

Her hands shook as she let go of him, they shook as she closed his eyes and as she forced herself up on her feet and took a few steps away from his corpse. "I...I'm gonna go pick up the re-reward, take the jeep and get away from here." It came out shrill and hard, it was all so difficult to say, a lump had formed in her throat and she didn't dare look Mel in the face as the words spewed out, They were all supposed to be in this together and now she was forcing her to leave without her. "We'll meet at the depot, now go!"

She ran now, tears streaming down her face as she left them behind at the tower, she looked like a mess and felt like a mess. But she felt a new resolve form in her mind, one that would have made her pause a few days ago. Make sure Matt never gets home. No matter what.

((Serena Waters continued On the Run))
[+] spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

June 2nd, 2017, 2:51 am #13

He heard them talking. Outside. Great. Just great. It sounded like they were panicking. Talking about something, frantically. Slowly it dawned upon him that they were talking about Aiden. Maybe he'd signaled to them or something from the top of the bell tower. Stupid. He should've finished him off. He stepped outside and suddenly it became clear to him.

He saw Serena running off into the distance. Briefly he considered shooting her when she ran away but decided against it. Unnecessary. Then he saw him. Aiden, dead. Must have jumped off the tower or something. He couldn't possibly hope to understand why. He looked at what's her name. The one whose name he couldn't remember. Aiden's shotgun now Matt's was in his hands and he looked at her with nothing on his face. Not guilt. Not malice. Nothing at all.

"Alright, uh, the jeep.. throw me the keys, now. Nothing funny or I shoot. Okay?"

He muttered something under his breath. Aiden. Jumping off the roof. Making him enemies where he shouldn't have them.

Iceblock
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 3:19 am #14

Nothing funny, Matt said.

Something had loosened within her chest, all the tension and all the doubt. Mel was standing there over Aiden's dead body, only halfway to tears, because she had to try too hard to keep from chuckling.

Aiden had jumped right off a building. Right off the tower - after he'd seen what happened to Barry and Jerry - and he'd still done it. For them.

It was crazy.

Then Matt had waltzed out when she'd turned to go for the jeep, and he said some words and they were the wrong words in exactly the right way. The words, the timing, that he was here and if not for Serena, Aiden might have died for something that was nothing at all. Nothing funny, Matt said. It was pretty funny. All of it.

And she was feeling a little crazy too.

"Okay," Mel said, and began to reach for her pockets, taking the measure of the gun with her eyes even while she felt adrenaline start pumping through her again - the gun there, her here, the jeep somewhere to the side. "Hey... don't you think you're the one with more to lose?"

In a single motion, she stripped off her jacket and ran for the car.
[+] spoiler
This space intentionally left blank.
[+] spoiler
V6:
B041: Wayne Cox -- KABAR Combat Knife -- Forget-Me-Not
G053: Melanie Beckett -- Tickle Me Elmo -- Knife to the Canvas

V5:
G069: Lauren Rowe -- Empty Syringe/Needle -- I'll be Their Bogeyman

V5 Pregame:
David Cordell -- Dead Ringer
Jason Lin -- Dead Ender

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 3:33 am #15

Dead. This was a mistake. Now he had two enemies - Serena and what's her name - to deal with. Later, he thought. He didn't feel much like killing anyone else today. The look on Aiden's face made him feel.. something. Not guilt but something halfway resembling regret and disgust.

Not at his own actions. Just that he'd let this get so out of hand. Serena was almost entirely out of sight, now. Why would he bother shooting her? She was going to be dead sooner or later maybe by his hand maybe by someone else's. It was pointless. He looked at her. The girl whose name he couldn't remember. She was reaching for her pocket.

Slowly, he started to raise the gun. So slow.

A sudden movement. Matt winced and fell backwards, firing a shot off. Towards the sun. Swearing he started to rise to his feet, pumping the shotgun and aiming it at her as she ran for the jeep. He kept staring. His finger was on the trigger but he wasn't firing.

Iceblock
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 4:37 am #16

Mel was breathing hard, crouched low with her jacket bunched in her right hand, barely behind the halfway open passenger door with her other hand in an awkward position on the handle. Disgusted - with how dumb these things always turned out - she let go and ducked behind it properly.

She'd meant to use it for cover. Guess it worked better all the way open.

He'd fired. He'd missed, somehow. Now he was staring at her and she wondered if this was supposed to be some sort of standoff where she just happened to be missing a gun.

He was there in front, almost too far away. She was here on the right. They were both in the wrong place, and she knew it.

Just a few feet away, across a seat and a gear stick, the keys were in the ignition where Serena had left them.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V6:

V5:

V5 Pregame:
Jason Lin -- Dead Ender

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 5:37 am #17

Matt stared at her, not sure what to do next. He held the gun in his hands, spent shell lying on the grass next to him. An accidental warning shot by anyone's guess. He couldn't pull the trigger and he didn't entirely know why. She was running from him. She was afraid. A born loser. She was going to die. That's what he was telling himself. He didn't feel like killing anyone else today, accidentally or otherwise. He'd let her go. He'd let someone else do it.

He lowered the gun and shouted to her.

"Start driving."

Iceblock
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 7:27 pm #18

Her anger flared, and she shouted right back.

"You scared?" She was the one hiding behind the door but y'know, she had a good reason for that. Part of her was pulling back, saying yeah, taunt the guy with the gun, see where that gets you. But she was pissed. Didn't know why exactly. Lot of whys out there. Because she was tired and grumpy. Because he figured he could order her around. Because he'd taken Aiden's gun. Or maybe because he was real fucking ungrateful - more or less - after Serena had decided to up and save him.

"Think I'll gun the engine if you come close? Or you just gonna stand there until she comes back to kill you?"

For the briefest instant, Astrid came again to mind. Her temper, that familiar sour expression, the dangerous look in her eye before either of them had known real danger, a death glare before they'd known death - and Mel knew at least one thing hadn't changed. Poking the bear, here.

Mel dove for the driver's seat anyway, keeping her head low, because she'd been plenty stupid enough already.

But there was no response. Not even another shot as the engine turned over, as she leaned over the steering wheel and thought for a moment she might as well do it, ram right into him, just crumple this car and turn the two of them into bloody smears on the tower - for Aiden, for the others Matt might hurt, to keep Serena from stewing in the revenge she'd no doubt promised herself - and then she turned the wheel to the side and peeled out.

((Melanie Beckett continued in Knife to the Canvas))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V6:

V5:

V5 Pregame:
Jason Lin -- Dead Ender

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

June 3rd, 2017, 7:55 pm #19

He watched her drive off. He didn't yell anything back in response. There was nothing to say, really. She had absolutely no idea what she was doing and that was the only reassurance Matt had that he was safe. He didn't particularly know what he was doing, either - he had only started today - but that was still more than her.

Eventually, when she disappeared out of sight, he moved over to Aiden's corpse and took what little he had.

And then he left, not really thinking about Aiden anymore.

((Matt Moradi continued somewhere else.))