Nobody Reads Meanwhile Anymore

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

June 18th, 2015, 12:33 pm #1

"Well," Lucky said, leaning back from his computer screen as Amaranta Montalvo lay in Hansel Williams' lap, her grimy form curled almost inticingly around the heavily broken body of the taller boy, "that's all, folks."

He rolled his chair backwards a bit, glanced around the library, and began to rebuckle his belt.

--

"She won!" blurted eighteen year old Chance Mayview, highfiving a girlfriend - a slap of flushed palms and red nail polish. They squealed with joy as the exhausted teenager lay in a pool of dried blood and soaked earth, hugging one another.

"I told you! I told you she'd won!"

--

Twenty-two year old Chad Rogers scrolled through Reddit, scrolling past Amaranta Montalvo Wins (Gifs/Discussion) to click on Seven Places You Didn't Know Existed In Skyrim

--

Mark Dowager - thirty - shrugged, thinking that he'd never see that two dollars again after putting in for the SOTF pool at his maintenance job.

--

"The stream is over," a man in a black suit murmured into a microphone, turning to signal frantically at two similarly dressed men, sending them running from the room.

"Close her down, boys. We expect the survivor to be on our shores in a nine day period. Start the media blackout."

The man clicked off his headset, leaned back in his chair, and sighed.

"And wait for the next one, I guess."
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.