New Official V5 Away Thread

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank
Joined: February 18th, 2009, 7:01 am

November 14th, 2013, 7:00 am #1

Hello, everyone! For ease of bookkeeping, the imminent approach of V5 carries with it a new Away thread, with some notes and changes.

If you're going to be spending some time away from the site, this is the thread to let us know in. To keep things easy on the staff, and to make tracking inactivity simpler, we ask that everyone follow the template below when posting away. If you do not do so, your away post will not be counted, and you will not receive any extra time against inactivity.

This is not the thread to post that your activity will be reduced, as doing so clutters it up and makes it harder for staff to track. Instead, there is an entirely new thread for that.
Template: wrote:Handler: Your name goes here. Use your forum handle, so we can easily find you in the list.
Dates Away: Post the dates you are away for here (January 5 2011-February 7 2011, say). Please spell out the months, so we can tell what you mean; dd/mm/yy is not the standard in every country. Do not leave this open-ended; if you have to, estimate high and return early or renew as required.
Days Away: The total number of days away goes here. This saves you from staff math errors late at night. DO NOT give a range. Pick a single, specific number. If in doubt, estimate high and then come back early if you are able. If you give a range, staff will give you the lowest number you put in.
Reason for Away: Here is where you say why you're gone.
Characters: List your characters here.

After this, feel free to put whatever you want, but you must have this template completely filled out to be counted as away.
Here's the code version:

Code: Select all

Handler:
Dates Away:
Days Away:
Reason for Away:
Characters:
Next, a note on babysitting. While this trend is no longer so prevalent, the rules on it stand. Having someone babysit your characters has no effect at all on their inactivity. You post yourself away for however long you are away for, and your inactivity dates are adjusted based on that. If you have a babysitter, that's fine, but it is only to keep up your characters' momentum/keep things going with their threadmates. You are still responsible for posting with them by their adjusted inactivity date, and failure to do so will bear the usual results.

Finally, do not edit any away posts in this thread. Do not post edit posts to say you are back. Do not change your dates away. If there's any issue, repost, or we won't find your changes and you may run into inactivity troubles. If you need to extend your away for whatever reason, that is totally fine. Just repost to cover the new dates (and only the new dates) that you will be away.

Also, please note the following rules with regards to inactivity:

* If a handler has not posted 'away' for the entirety of one month, then they must post at least once per character in said month to be considered active.

* One day inactivity notices do not count towards the inactivity timer, as they are not considered to be significant enough to prevent posting.

* Any given handler cannot post as 'away' for more then four weeks of any six week period, barring severe real life extenuating circumstances (being in the hospital or another country without internet access, not being busy with schoolwork). Away notices exceeding this cap will be ignored and the inactivity timer will continue.

* Posting on the general boards, or spending a lot of time in chat, will be considered violation of an away notice and the timer will start again. If you have time to shoot the breeze in chat or mess around on the board, then you have time to dash off a post. We get that sometimes you only have fifteen minutes and want to stop in to say hello, and you won't be slammed for that, but if you're around the site for hours, staff will cancel Away notices. Abuse on this front was common and problematic in V4; therefore, for V5, this will not be a toothless threat.

*If you are Away but find yourself with time to dash off a post, feel free to do so! If you're still Away and the spare time is a one-time thing, just PM any staffer to let them know, and your Away notice will not be canceled. It would be absurd to punish handlers for being responsible above and beyond the call of duty, especially since it's something we love to see.

So, yeah. Start using this thread presently. Remember, no editing, no uncertain numbers of days away, and no not-really-Away-but-limited-access posts in this thread. We're going to be real taskmasters about this, because keeping track of activity for over a hundred and fifty characters is a huge headache even when everything is perfectly filled out; anything less than that wastes phenomenal amounts of time. If there are problematic posts, I'll try to note it through Help, but there's no guarantee of that happening, and failure to properly adhere to the rules of this thread will not be a thing in your favor if you have to appeal a staff decision, since everything's really clearly spelled out here.


Thread replaced for ease of reading. There were no current Aways in the old tread.
Like
Share

NotAFlyingToy
Winner
Joined: April 9th, 2013, 1:26 pm

November 14th, 2013, 4:17 pm #2

Handler: NotAFlyingToy
Dates Away: 16th-18th, November, 2013
Days Away: 3
Reason for Away: Lack of home computer
Characters: Hansel Williams

Doing this mainly for Mafia, but I'll be completely away these three days because I need a new home PC. Mine's fucked.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.
Like
Share

NotAFlyingToy
Winner
Joined: April 9th, 2013, 1:26 pm

November 16th, 2013, 4:15 am #3

Fixed it!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.
Like
Share

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 12:03 pm

November 25th, 2013, 1:10 pm #4

Handler: Psychedelic
Dates Away: November 25-30
Days Away: 5 or so
Reason for Away: Schooling/Holiday
Characters: Kyran Dean and Miles Strickland

Might post if time available, but I've been really stressin' with college work lately among other things.
Like
Share

Aloha
Contender
Joined: January 28th, 2012, 3:16 am

November 26th, 2013, 7:52 pm #5

I guess it's appropriate to put it here...

Handler: leAloha
Dates Away: November 26th to December 4th
Days Away: 8 days
Reason for Away: Holidays, NaNoWriMo, moving and no internet in the new house
Characters: Veronica McDonald
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] Spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] Spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] Spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] Spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
...
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!
Like
Share

Badb
Mr. Danya
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 8:51 pm

November 30th, 2013, 7:17 pm #6

Handler: Kalopsia
Dates Away: Sunday December 1 to Saturday December 7
Days Away: 8 days
Reason for Away: My school is holding mock exams for the next week.
Characters: Ray Gilbert, secret adoptee
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Like
Share

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender
Joined: January 26th, 2010, 12:03 pm

December 2nd, 2013, 12:26 pm #7

Okay, I need to extend my away for another 8 days due to this major essay I need to complete ASAP. December 2-9.

I don't think I'm holding anyone up at the moment any way, though.
Like
Share

Badb
Mr. Danya
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 8:51 pm

December 3rd, 2013, 11:27 am #8

Rescinding my away due to the exams being pushed back a week. This carries with it the caveat that I will have to away again on the 8th.
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Like
Share

SansaSaver
Player
Joined: November 18th, 2012, 7:49 pm

December 5th, 2013, 9:20 pm #9

Handler: SansaSaver
Dates Away: 7th December - 12th December
Days Away: 5 days
Reason for Away: Lack of computer
Characters: Maynard Hurst, Mirabella Strong

My iPad charger is completely kaput, and though I'm ordering a new one today it'll take a few days to arrive. There is a very slim chance that I'll be able to use my dad's computer, but the chances of that are quite unlikely. Sorry guys. :c Once I've got a new charger, though, expect no slacking from meeeee! c:
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] Spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT
Like
Share

Rocky
Contender
Joined: January 22nd, 2010, 7:08 pm

December 6th, 2013, 3:17 am #10

Handler: Rocky
Dates Away: December 5, 2013 - January 1, 2014
Days Away: 26 days (I think, my math could be off)
Reason for Away: The person who had the internet under their name decided to move without warning, and I currently don't have the funds to set up my own internet.
Characters: Stephanie Chan
Like
Share

Shangela
Survivor
Joined: May 28th, 2012, 9:39 pm

December 14th, 2013, 6:28 pm #11

Handler: Shangela
Dates Away: December 14- December 16
Days Away: Two
Reason for Away: Moving out of my dorm room and back home for the break. Apparently it's such an arduous task, that my parents have to come up.
Character: Brianna Battaglia

I'll probably be able to drum off a post sooner, but I'm writing this as a precaution. I'll try to be back as soon as possible~

-Credit goes to the lovely and talented Payouni of DeviantArt
Take another drag, turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?
Says he's gonna teach me just what fast is,
Says it's gonna be alright

NOTE:I'm always looking for helpful critique on my roleplaying. If you see something you like (or don't like) feel free to PM me. I'll only get better with the more advice you all give me~
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Do I feel like a hero?/ Who wants to take the bullet?

SOTF v5 Character Roster
G074: Brianna Battaglia
Weapons: Wooden Practice Katana (Assigned), Sharpened Ice Skating Blade (Given by Chris Harlin), Browning Hi-Power 9mm handgun (Taken from Theodore Fletcher)
Status:Deceased
Death:Suicide via Drug Overdose (91/152)
Storyline Progression: (Start) I -> II -> III -> IV -> V -> VI (End)
Quote:"There's a way off of this island, but we're only going to find it if we work together."
---
B036:Benjamin Ward (Adopted from Solomir)
Weapons: Box Cutter (Pilfered from High School), Scythe (Left by Katarina Konipaski)
Status: Deceased
Death: Exsanguination via Stab Wound to the Femoral Artery (53/152)
Kill Count: 2 (Oscar Trig, Janie Sinneave)
Storyline Progression: (Solomir-Start) I -> II (Solomir-End) -> (Start)III -> IV -> V -> VI ->VII (End)
Quote: TBD
[+] Spoiler
B??? - Cormac Callen: Formerly a football hero, dreaming of being a military hero, currently a lost boy, searching for a new identity.
G??? - Henry Hawkins: Formerly a cancer survivor, begging for life, currently a track superstar, crafting her second shot at life.
G??? - Fatima Farhan: Formerly an outcast, finding solace in her school work, currently a fashionista, masquerading behind a veil of confidence.
B??? - Geoffrey Go: Formerly just a kid, making everybody laugh, currently an activist, running for Class President.
Like
Share

VysePresident
Mr. Danya
Joined: June 7th, 2012, 10:55 pm

December 18th, 2013, 10:48 am #12

Handler: VysePresident
Dates Away: December 18th - 21th
Days Away: 3
Reason for Away: I have a bunch of medical appointments, then my job is going to require basically a whole day helping with the end of year cleaning and repairs, then homework & tests, plus I'll be traveling briefly without computer access, all of which adds up to little to no free time.
Characters: Ian Williams, Chase Rodrigeuz.

So yeah, I'm a bit of a mess at the moment. My apologies to those of you I'm currently threading with - I'll be trying desperately to get posts up as soon as possible, but I can't promise anything.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)
Like
Share

jimmydalad
Leader
Joined: June 17th, 2012, 8:53 am

December 21st, 2013, 9:33 am #13

Name: jimmydalad
Dates Away: December 21st-January 2nd
Days Away: 10
Reason for Away: Going to be having a family vacation on a boat with limited/no internet connection and thus will be unable to post for said time
Characters: Cammy Davidson and Sharon Austin
[+] Spoiler
Jimmydalad's Relationship Thread: Click here
[+] Spoiler
Aria Samuels - "I-I'm sorry..."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o
Island: o -> o -> o
[+] Spoiler
Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - "I'll see you around, ok?"
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] Spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] Spoiler
Relationship Thread: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/9032799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o
Memories: o
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Like
Share

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya
Joined: April 14th, 2009, 10:12 pm

December 22nd, 2013, 1:34 pm #14

Name: MK Kilmarnock
Dates Away: December 22nd-January 4th
Days Away: 14? I think?
Reason for Away: Taking a plane to California to spend Christmas with Iktor's family. Also to see cool people like Michelle and Irene and my BROTHEEEEEEEER
Characters: Cody Patton, Jessica Sanders and Sean Mulcahy
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER
Like
Share

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya
Joined: April 14th, 2009, 10:12 pm

December 23rd, 2013, 8:25 pm #15

Terminate my away, as I have the capacity to write posts now.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER
Like
Share