New League of Legends Thread

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 21st, 2013, 4:41 pm #1

I play it.

You /probably/ play it.

If you don't, there's a good chance you're checking it out (and if you aren't, why are you reading this thread again?).

League of Legends is currently the most played online game out there. It's a verifiable MOBA juggernaut of crowstorms and primordial bursts, and tons of us here on SotF play it.

Might make a list of those of us who do, might not. Depends on how I feel.

Last thread was made fuckin' /years/ ago, so here's a new one to talk about all things LoL. I need to keep my brain going as a creative exercise, so I'll be posting that goofy champion schematic I promised later.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

June 21st, 2013, 4:46 pm #2

You sons of bitches. Y'all ruined my life.
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp
Current Thread: Arcadia

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 21st, 2013, 4:55 pm #3

A trolling golem gathers no fucks.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Rattlesnake
Winner

June 21st, 2013, 9:09 pm #4

Cassiosnake is my new waifu.
[+] Spoiler
G065 KK Konipaski - "I killed a girl today. I think. And I didn't make a lot of friends with it. You don't bleed that much and walk away, I know that."
Skidded to a halt in the Central Park with the Basket-Hilted Rapier, Swordbreaker, Butterfly Knife, Stinger.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

B060 Matthew Young - "What brings you to the beach on this crappy day?"
Taking a sand nap in the Eastern Inlet with the iPod from Heck
1 2 3 4

G075 Tessa Blackridge - "Oh. ...I left quite a mess, didn't I?"
Staring down the cold hand of Death in the Bike Trails with the Pepper Spray
1 2
[+] Spoiler
B055 Nick Reid - "Put that thing down, and neither of us have to die."
Troubled no more in the Mountains with the Molotov (x1), Estoc, Jutte

G090 Kari Nichols - "please..."
Sleeping forever in the Logging Road with the Nothing

B088 Cody Jenkins - "They won't come, you know."
Decomposing in the Northern Cliffs with the Middle Finger (x1)
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Badb
Mr. Danya

June 21st, 2013, 9:37 pm #5

Thread subtitle: Minions OP gg
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Espi
Winner

June 22nd, 2013, 2:06 am #6

Why is it that I'm like one of 3 people who think Quinn is worth playing this saddens me.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Badb
Mr. Danya

June 22nd, 2013, 10:44 pm #7

Espional wrote:Why is it that I'm like one of 3 people who think Quinn is worth playing this saddens me.
I think about 99% of her hate is based around her completely worthless ult.
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

BROseidon
Winner

June 22nd, 2013, 10:50 pm #8

Because Quinn is super niche. 500 AA range adc can't go botlane safely, and mid/top players in solo queue don't play her.

She gets some tourny play, though. That's something.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Rattlesnake
Winner

June 22nd, 2013, 10:51 pm #9

She's an AD carry based around dueling, except she's not as good a duelist as Vayne (who also has an actual lategame and a non-worthless ult) or Draven (who has way more lane dominance). You can splitpush with her, except she's not Sivir, soo...
[+] Spoiler
G065 KK Konipaski - "I killed a girl today. I think. And I didn't make a lot of friends with it. You don't bleed that much and walk away, I know that."
Skidded to a halt in the Central Park with the Basket-Hilted Rapier, Swordbreaker, Butterfly Knife, Stinger.

1 2 3 4

1 2
[+] Spoiler

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 23rd, 2013, 3:54 am #10

I told you I'd post this silliness. I'm ridiculously overtired though so don't judge me.
[+] Spoiler
Ricky, the Lord of Hatred and Granite

Passive - Full of Hate: Instead of a mana bar, Ricky operates off of the fury system. Basic physical attacks grant 5 fury, while casting a spell grants 10. Ricky's physical attacks deal bonus magical damage based on his fury (Numbers go here, plus AP ratio). At 100 Fury, his abilities have extra effects.

Q - Madness Shard: Ricky draws himself into the ground and travels forward in a straight line toward a target location. When he reaches the location, he pops out of the ground in a rocky eruption, dealing magic damage and knocking up enemies. Activating the ability again will cause him to pop up early.
Full of Hate: At full fury, Ricky will also slow struck enemies by 35% for 3 seconds.

W - Kill Them All: Ricky unleashes a burst of his hatred, dealing magic damage to enemies in the immediate area. Receiving the damage lowers the cooldown.
Full of Hate: At full fury, Kill Them All does 25% increased damage.

E - Granite Empire: Upon activation, a ring of stone slowly grows outward from Ricky's initial position, slowing enemies it touches. Upon reactivation of the ability or once it reaches maximum range, the ring of rock shoots upwards and becomes impassible terrain for 1.5 seconds.
Full of Hate: At full fury, the ring grows more quickly and becomes impassible for 2 seconds.

R - Light of Judgement: After a 3 second channel, a large target area becomes saturated in the cleansing fires of the legendary light of judgement, dealing heavy magic damage per second to all units in the area for 5 seconds. The last second of the channel sends out a warning that the ability is coming.
Full of Hate: Upon successful casting, rage is set to maximum.
[+] Spoiler

Passive - Relentless Bitching: Casting a spell grants Dom 4% Cooldown Reduction for 5 seconds. This ability stacks 6 times.

Q - Soapboxing: Dom preaches about a video game and silences a selected target for up to 3 seconds, as well as dealing magic damage.

W - Viral Link: Dom shoots out an infected chain in a skillshot, dealing magic damage to an enemy unit over time for 3 seconds. If the target survives for the full 3 seconds, the effect then spreads to all nearby enemy units. An enemy cannot be affected by the same virus twice.

E - Brain Bleach: Dom conjures an image macro to pop up, dealing magic damage to those struck by the ability and blinding them for up to three seconds.

R - Summon Devin: Dom summons the most foul being, Devin, to smite his enemies. Upon cast, Devin appears and serves as impassible terrain, slowing nearby enemies. Activating the ability again allows Devin to move. If an enemy unit is targeted instead of an area, Devin will feast on that enemy, dealing true damage and then disappearing. Devin lasts for 10 seconds.
[+] Spoiler
Passive - Chelonii Companion: Tortue Tyran is never without her faithful turtles, who aid her in combat. After casting four spells, Tortue Tyran's next auto attack will spawn a turtle who will aid her in combat. The turtle will attack enemies Tortue Tyran attacks, can be controlled, and as long as it is out, Tortue Tyran gains an armor and magic resist buff. The turtle lasts 10 seconds or until slain.

Q - Terrapin Toss: Tortue Tyran hurls a turtle from the sack on her back, acting as a skillshot and colliding with the first enemy unit it strikes, dealing physical damage in a small area.

W - Snapping Shot: (Passive): Every fourth basic attack will be a snapping turtle instead of a knife, dealing bonus physical damage over a short period of time. Hitting a champion with a snapping turtle reduces Terrapin Toss's cooldown by one second.

E - Sack o' Turtles: Tortue Tyran takes refuge in her trusty sack full of turtles, becoming untargetable for two seconds. She is able to move by hopping while in the sack, but cannot attack or cast spells. Can be activated again to end early.

R - Turtlethulhu: A mighty tortoise erupts from the ground in a target area. Enemies in the area are launched upward and slowed, and are dealt magic damage. If Tortue Tyran is in the area, she is launched upward for a brief period of time with greatly increased movespeed, and all of her basic attacks critically strike for 3 seconds.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 23rd, 2013, 3:55 am #11

Also yeah Quinn's not /bad/, everybody else is just better at doing what she can do.

Edit: This is why, much to my frustration, Teemo is not considered a viable adc. Turns out I like playing him bot (or with a laner) rather than solo top (or solo in general), because he needs a meatshield for his admittedly insane early game damage output.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler

BROseidon
Winner

June 23rd, 2013, 4:29 am #12

You might want to reread Lord of Hatred and Granite's passive. You have a typo

Also, Teemo is better in a solo lane than bot. He does well vs melee because they cant touch him, and he does tons of damage and can kite. Versus ranged, he just kind of gets hit a lot because he's a midranged champ.

Although blind is dumb. So are shrooms.
The Living:

Matt Vartoogian -- Weapon: Unarmed -- "This isn't a game. This is evil." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cassandra Black -- Weapon: Kama -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Virgil Jefferson-Davis -- Weapon: Saiga-12 -- "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." -- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Rattlesnake
Winner

June 23rd, 2013, 4:37 am #13

His teamfighting's atrocious too, and if you want to split push why not bully their toplaner or pick Sivir bot.
[+] Spoiler

1 2 3 4

1 2
[+] Spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 23rd, 2013, 5:01 am #14

No health bar. LOL.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

June 23rd, 2013, 5:20 pm #15

Finished Dom.

Also I'm just gonna soapbox for a second and say that there was a time Jax was considered borderline useless. Yes, Jax. I stuck through the hard times with him, though, thick and fuckin' thin. It's why we're bros.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler