backslash
Mr. Danya

August 25th, 2014, 3:39 pm #121

Dude. Once this round of deaths gets done, we'll be down to the top 15.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Ciel
Mr. Danya

August 25th, 2014, 4:57 pm #122

I'd like to imagine that we'd be in endgame at this point if the crash never happened.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

August 25th, 2014, 10:30 pm #123

We're definitely on our way.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Winner
Winner

October 22nd, 2014, 11:42 am #124

I recently read through this thread. I like this thread.

So, V5 is almost over, so I wondered which V5 scene might be showed in the V6 Prologue. I personally want to see the Theo vs Hansel fight or some Summer scenes in it, but as the V3-5 Prologue teasers all had the theme "Betrayal"/"killing an ally" in it (Matt and Sera, Emma and Riz, Josie and Sierra) I think that in V6 Prologue there either will be Gray's kill of Sean or maybe Joachim's kill of Paris. I dunno, maybe Ami and Ruby, too. I currently can't think of other scene.

What do you want to see or think will be shown?

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 22nd, 2014, 2:07 pm #125

I think they would show Jenna killing Jack, because it fits the betrayal theme.

Same with Summer and Mara.
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 22nd, 2014, 3:11 pm #126

Maybe one of Mirabella's kills, both for the betrayal angle and to show how the game changes you. Girl snapped hard.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

October 22nd, 2014, 3:48 pm #127

It probably wouldn't be the Hansel/Theo fight because Theo and Hansel were pretty much enemies since the word go.

I agree re: Mirabella. Maybe her kill on Ian. Summer also flipped her shit, though, and in a pretty big way. In an IC standpoint, I think Summer's a little more impactful because it took Mirabella 7-8 days to snap, when Summer snapped in like 2.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

October 23rd, 2014, 5:10 pm #128

I've praised it before, slightly indepth, here (http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/singl ... &t=7478513), but the Amaranta/Summer betrayal scene with the subsequent boom in the next thread I think is quite fitting for what you ask, because even though it's good from a story perspective reading it and has been highlighted to death by this point, it still IC also hits on things that I would think would traumatized those kids at the start in an over the top way to boot.

In a way, I think it was a betrayal on both ends as well as a different perspective, not just the killer betraying a friend, but the friend rejecting the friend turned crazed killer as well. Then the ensuing conflict that followed the conversation. Terrorists enjoyed that one I think.

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 23rd, 2014, 6:24 pm #129

Glancing back over some earlier deaths, I think Theo killing Xavier and/or Katarina killing Steven could also work for the betrayal theme, since their big point is that even if you try to give someone a pass, there's nothing stopping them from killing you anyway.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

October 24th, 2014, 3:32 am #130

Here's one I'm surprised hasn't come up: Paris/Cho killing Katy.

There's just a whole slew of horrible things that the terrorists want to encourage happening in that scene. That person comforting and protecting you? Maybe they're just using you to get ahead. The one who says they can lead you to your friends? Maybe it's a trap. The one going nuts and attacking people for no reason? Maybe they were right all along.

Real chilling stuff. I think it'd be a good pick, personally.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

October 24th, 2014, 5:32 am #131

Personally, I feel the point of the scene isn't necessarily so much about the death itself, or even how well written it was, so much as how simply it conveys the messages the terrorists are trying to send. Too much dialogue or background stuff probably would be counterproductive both from that point of view, and for the flow of the scene itself. No point focusing overmuch on V5 in the V6 Prologue, y'know?

I mean, for instance, I totally agree that Paris & Cho killing Katy was an awesome scene, but I suspect it'd also be rather confusing from the perspective of an outside observer, most of whom probably won't likely be able to grasp the context and motivations involved.

Personally, I favor the end piece of Steven and Kat - One moment, they're seemingly talking peacefully; the next, Kat's shooting Steven as he walks away. Visually powerful without requiring much in the way of explanation.

Just my 0.2, of course.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

Winner
Winner

December 26th, 2014, 10:51 pm #132

I got curious about V4. Or rather the rescue. I'm curious about what the V4 handlers thought when the rescue was announced. I think that most people were probably glad about it or rather surprised. What were your thoughts and reactions for the escape? And what were your plans? And how did you guys reacted to the blacklist? I wonder whether the handlers of the blacklist characters thought "Dang it, now my character can't escape" or "Well, I feel honoured to handle one of these few special mentioned characters" (Well, to be honest, I read some blacklist characters just because they were on the blacklist, which certainly makes them stand out from the 276 students.). I also kinda wonder why people chose to rescue one of their characters instead of another one of theirs. But yeah, the rescue is such an interesting event in SOTF history. That makes me think how people reacted to the V3 Epilogue/Escape.

Oh dang, another Random Thought of mine occured. Which V5 students would've been on the ban list? (I think this question was already asked for V1-3 or Minis. I don't recall.)

Violent-Medic
Winner

December 26th, 2014, 11:21 pm #133

Whichever students were on the theoretical V5 ban list (if that's what I think it is) would have depended on at what point in the game a theoretical rescue would have happened. The criteria was 'at least one murder that was clearly intentional.' (Though assisted suicide was given a pass, hence that one girl who had three kills getting to leave.) So, y'know, the day would have changed stuff, especially with late game murderers.
[+] Spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] Spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

December 30th, 2014, 8:15 am #134

I sat on replying for a bit here so as to not preempt non-staff opinions, but I figure it's been long enough.

The V4 Rescue seemed largely (though certainly not universally) well-received at the time, though a lot of folks were very sad it landed when it did because a handful of fan favorite characters died right before it hit who would have otherwise been eligible (Dutchy, Annaliese, Melissa, I think one or two others).

People played a bit cagey with which characters were or were not going to get rescued. At best, this added some nice suspense and danger in a way rather unique to the situation; with characters now eligible to live, suddenly not taking that option (and thus being condemned to extremely probable death) was a bigger deal again. The flip side of this was that some handlers pushed it a bit further, trying to directly play into the will-they-or-won't-they drama, and ended up writing themselves into corners where it made no sense to not have their kids rescued and yet they didn't anyways. These sorts of scenes were not looked on very favorably even at the time, and in my opinion have aged exceptionally poorly, since even the dubious benefit of keeping the site guessing has since been lost.

I personally held my rescued kid until the very end of the last day, partially so I could be absolutely sure on my call, partially due to some post order/activity issues, and partially to dodge plot complications that would have potentially arisen due to other characters in one of the escape threads. I'd figured out what I was going to do, roughly speaking, a good bit in advance, but generally kept quiet or feigned ignorance because spoilers are no fun.

I can't speak too much to blacklist reaction. From a staff end, it was an interesting exercise in judgement calls. There was actually a fairly sizable list of edge case characters where I wasn't sure whether or not they were over the line--if in doubt, we tended to err in favor of leaving characters eligible. The cutoff ended up being characters who were multiple murderers without some strong mitigating factor (such as Samantha Ridley, who assisted three suicides [and, funnily enough, ended up the top surviving killer of V4]) or who had only one kill but were clearly playing, usually as a team or partnership of some kind (this is the provision that caught Ema, Nick, and Teo).

Actually, I still have the edge case kids in my notes. This is from whenever I pulled together the initial list.
[+] Spoiler
  • Cisco Vasquez
  • Julian Avery
  • Jacqueline Myrie
  • Jason Harris
  • Acacia Salinger
  • Simon Telamon
  • Charlene Norris
  • Kimberly Nguyen
  • Josie Vernon
Interestingly, four of them ended up getting saved. I'm glad the blacklist drew some attention towards the characters on it. It was never intended as a punishment for handlers, but was rather a way to complicate the morality of STAR's actions in a way that logically followed from their aims. The blacklist included characters I loved, characters I really did not love, and characters who fell somewhere between the ends of the spectrum.

I think people took a wide range of approaches to determining which character to save, if any. For me, I picked my character who I was most interested at the time in exploring in an off-island situation and who had the least going on on-island (the bulk of her friends and allies having died horribly a few weeks before the rescue launched). It was very much a question of what stories I was interested in telling. This is, actually, where some stuff that eventually ended up in V4's epilogue originated, especially the bit about approaching Mr. McCreery (and I guess the whole concept of searching for that sort of closure). Kimberly was like way down on my list of prospective rescuees, though, like a notch above Aaron.

When the V3 escape was announced, I was like, "Yes! Vindicated!" Funnily, there are still logs from a chat way back in the good old days. I'm posting the whole thing because it's pretty funny, but the parts I'm proud of are from the start (I was still KV back then). This was apparently early April, 2009:
[+] Spoiler
Dodd: Anyone have any theories?
Solitair: It was Garnett.
Dodd: Garnett exploded?
Solitair: Yes, Dodd. Garnett exploded.
Dodd: Daaaamn.
AnimeDutchess: Primitive A-Bomb? No, the whole island would've gone up, then.
Solitair: Jake Woods teleported onto the island and converted Garnett's blood to nitroglycerin.
Landlocked from x.x.x.1 joined the chat
AnimeDutchess: And the tech is not there!
AnimeDutchess: Hi, Land.
Greg The Anti-Viking: hey LL
KillerVole: My theory is that the missing students banded together and made/stole a bomb or heavy weapons, then took out the terrorists' patrols.
Ella: chris c:
Landlocked: Hay yall
KillerVole: Hi LandLokcked.
Oliver: Hehe.
AnimeDutchess: I like KV's theory.
Oliver: Ditto
AnimeDutchess: They all could've died in thaty explosion, though, and be dead for reals.
Solitair: Sarcasm aside, I agree, and think that Garnett helped them.
Oliver: Maybe the bomb IS the students?
Oliver: o_O
Landlocked: All of them spontaneously combusted at the same time
AnimeDutchess: Like, they turned themselves into a bomb, or...they strapped themselves to it?
Solomir: maybe all their collars detonating at once.....
KillerVole: I wonder whether the missing students have been played out in a locked forum or something.
Solomir: did some weird chain reaction thingy
AnimeDutchess: Or they just fucked up in building it and it blew up too soon?
Landlocked: I'm convinced the missing students and the explosion are related somehow, though >:C
KillerVole: Me too.
AnimeDutchess: Definitely!
Dodd: The truth is, that the missing students ARE related.
Dodd: Fact of the matter is this:
AnimeDutchess: ...o.o
Solomir: o.O
Dodd: Somewhere on the island, there's a GIGANTIC boa constrictor.
Carol: o.O
Dodd: And you see, it's eaten every single one of the students.
Oliver: o.O
AnimeDutchess: ...whut.
Carol: OH. MY. GOD.
Solomir: boa? what about the radioactive bear?
KillerVole: Oh no!
Solomir: OH, I GET IT
Dodd: And you see, Danya and his people can't have a snake eating the kids.
Carol: EVIL POLAR BEAR
Solomir: THE BOA ATE THE BEAR
KillerVole: So they blew it up?
Dodd: So they took off, nuked the site from orbit. Was the only way to be sure.
Solomir: AND THEN IT BLEW UP BECAUSE IT WAS RADIOACTIVE
Greg The Anti-Viking: so that's what on the lost island
Dodd: I'm actually serious, by the way.
Carol: That's somehow scarier.
Dodd: That's the big twist. It's a big fuckin' snake.
AnimeDutchess: ...Then why wouldn't this be more hinted at in the announcement? They'd clearly have to know about it.
Landlocked: I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKIN SNAKES IN THIS MOTHERFUCKIN GAME
Solomir: Dutchess, Dodd's pulling your leg
Landlocked: Sorry.
Dodd: Oh, the clues are undoubtedly there.
AnimeDutchess: In the announcement, they're just as clueless as us.
Dodd: They're just really subtle.
AnimeDutchess: XD;
Dodd: The big question is WHICH of the terrorists know.
AnimeDutchess: ...IT'S THAT ONE GUY. UH.
Dodd: But at least one of them has already made a passing reference to the snake.
AnimeDutchess: THE DESERTER GUY.
Ella: IT'S A SNAKE
Ella: AAAAAAAAA
AnimeDutchess: I'm not going through all the Announcement threads just to find an reference.
Landlocked: SNAAAAKE SNAAAAAKE OHHHHH IT'S A SNAAAAAKE.
AnimeDutchess: Bob the snake?
Greg The Anti-Viking: we need a badger
Dodd: That's all that I can say for now.
AnimeDutchess: >.<
Landlocked: Dammit Dodd stop making me want to check the wiki
Dodd: Eh, hey, whatever. I think it's kind of a lame twist, to be quite honest.
Carol: BADGER BADGER BADGER
Dodd: S'why I'm telling you. I'm not supposed to, but fuck it. It's a big snake. It's stupid.
AnimeDutchess: o.o; ...?
Ella: http://bp2.blogger.com/_kXxGwKJvXC4/RzP ... nex_rh.jpg OH GOD NOT THE BEES
Landlocked: The same snake ate like 30 students...?
GameMaker from x.x.x.210 joined the chat 4 seconds ago
AnimeDutchess: That's a lot of fi-STUDENTS.
Carol: XD Ella
AnimeDutchess: Hi,m GM.
Landlocked: Hey Rob
Greg The Anti-Viking: obviously it's hungry
Dodd: Trust me, it was amid my harsh protestations.
Greg The Anti-Viking rolls eyes
Oliver: oh lawdy
GameMaker: HEYO!
GameMaker: Is Oliver... Waffle?
AnimeDutchess: Well, what would you like to have happened to them?
Dodd: Well, not a big fucking snake! I mean...I was under the impression that it'd be like...y'know, normal SOTF game, but then SOMEONE (I won't name who is responsible for their sake) decided that it would be a cool idea
Landlocked: ...Huh.
Carol: I prefer LL's theory of Ella having arrived to gun everyone down.
Landlocked: Meee too.
AnimeDutchess: ...I still think they all banded together to create a bomb, but it fucked up.
Dodd: It's idiotic, it's jumping the shark...or snake, so to speak
Solomir: I don't know what would be weirder
AnimeDutchess: But SotF doesn't need to jump anything. It;s still going strong!!
Carol: Well, technically it was my theory, but he drew it very well.
Solomir: if Dodd was right but was saying this because he expected nobody to believe him
Solomir: or if the entire staff really did decide on this as the explanation....
Landlocked: Couldn't you just say it was you know, the traps? o_o
AnimeDutchess: Or Dodd just likes messing with you.
AnimeDutchess: *us
Dodd: YEAH, YOU'D THINK SO
AnimeDutchess: I WOULD.
Solomir: Chris, one of the announcement said that a bunch of them all disappeared at the same time
Dodd: Trust me, I almost quit when I got a message saying "So Dodd went inactive, and here's what happened to him"
Dodd: I flipped the fuck out
GameMaker: Damn...
GameMaker: Dodd, are you serious?
Dodd: Yeah.
AnimeDutchess: ...
AnimeDutchess: ...o.o WHUT.
AnimeDutchess: WAIT.
Solomir: I reserve the right be a skeptic
Dodd: I'm sorry, but I just can't hype it anymore
Landlocked: I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth ._.
Greg The Anti-Viking: as you should solo
AnimeDutchess: I...I don't wanna believe that. Snake does not = awesome.
GameMaker: So that's the dramatic ending for Adam Dodd?
Dodd: Yes. The dramatic ending. He gets eaten by a fucking snake.
GameMaker: The guy fucking falls in love on the island, makes the change from a normal teenager to a killing machine, murders the psycho who killed his girlfriend...
Dodd: AND GETS EATEN BY A SNAKE. Can you see why I'm a little unamused?
AnimeDutchess: Gets thrown into it all AGAIN...and he's eaten by a - yeah.
GameMaker: Gets put through the same fucking ordeal again, this time with no one he knows, tries to find a way off of the island...
Solomir: requesting someone to post this on tropes' WMG page
GameMaker: And then he's felled by, of course, his greatest enemy: A GIANT FUCKING SNAKE
Landlocked: Is that going to be like, revealed later, or will the deaths just stay a mystery, then?
AnimeDutchess: No. That didn't happen. We'll stirke it from canon@
AnimeDutchess: *!
Oliver: lol
GameMaker: Hmm...
Solomir: DISCONTINUITY
Dodd: It'll be revealed later. I'm telling you all because I'm sick and tired of hyping a stupid idea
GameMaker: Yep, that's the dramatic ending that I expected
Dodd: I can't wait for v4, let me tell you xD
AnimeDutchess: o.o You know, I know I'd be pissed if I'd found this out then.
Landlocked: ...Huh.
Carol: I suppose it's dramatic enough.
GameMaker: I was reading Adam Dodd, got emotionally involved with the character and went, "Boy, I just wish he got eaten by a snake. That would be just tops.'
Dodd: Shit GM, you and me both!
AnimeDutchess: But...Nuuu!
GameMaker: Fuck it.
Landlocked: The snake didn't cause the explosion, right?
GameMaker: I'm rewriting my version of Shakespeare?
GameMaker: FUCK SUICIDES!
Oliver: Probably did. Fire breath
GameMaker: Giant snake is the way to go.
AnimeDutchess: You know, as a joke, a character in V4 should go around killing snakes, too. Just go nuts and kill snakes.
AnimeDutchess: ALL SNAKES.
AnimeDutchess: That way, no one'll get eaten by one.
KillerVole: Wasn't one guy eaten by a tiger or something?
Oliver: I AM TIRED OF THESE MOTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES
Oliver: ON THIS MOTHAFUCKIN' ISLAND
BetaKnight from x.x.x.176 left the chat 2 seconds ago
Carol: My fourth is going to be relatively unbalanced.
KillerVole: Hi Beta!
Greg The Anti-Viking: no stung by a bee I think that's all
Ella: aaaaaa
Dodd: She's gone, vole xD
AnimeDutchess: I have SUCH fuel for my SotF fanatic character now.
KillerVole: Oh. Oops.
Solomir: Dutchess...... =(
KillerVole: Bye Beta!
AnimeDutchess: What? I won't say anything now.
Solomir: I have block for what to do in Ice Trail....
AnimeDutchess: ...Oooh.
Carol: She shall be a snake killer and eater.
AnimeDutchess: o_o; Well, I just role with what you give me.
Dodd: Yes, so I am sorry that I ruined the fuckin' thing but...eugh. Can't take it anymore. Please act surprised.
Solomir: but I'm out of steam >.<
AnimeDutchess: XD; Should we try a different thread-situation, then?
Solomir: I guess I can figure something out eventually
Carol: Do we have to? I mean...
AnimeDutchess: Sometimes, you get new ideas from changes in scenery.
GameMaker: Dodd...
GameMaker: That's even worse than just having him killed offscreen
AnimeDutchess: Yeah, I can pretend.
Solomir: Condolences to Dodd, but I'm in denial
GameMaker cringes at the sheer anticlimaticness of the situation
Greg The Anti-Viking: I'm here with you solo
Landlocked: I'll just pretend, yeah :/
I was really glad to see some of the escapees turn up again in the epilogue and am still holding out hope that we'll someday maybe see the remaining handful capped off.

For V5... it'd depend on the nature of the exclusion list. If it was for the same rough goal, I can actually see a possible case for Paris getting excluded due to his murders by proxy. It'd have been a very tough call, but there was definitely some wiggle room and Paris was differentiated from V4's sneaky folks in that while he generally kept his bad stuff secret from the other kids on the island, he didn't hide it too much from the cameras/observers, so STAR could've figured out something fishy was going on.

Actually, an interesting artifact of the tape delay is that a rescue now would be a lot riskier for STAR/whoever, in that they'd be going in blind (barring some sort of mole situation again). This would probably preclude a similar blacklist from being enacted under most circumstances, which is a nice little side effect from the terrorists' point of view.

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

December 30th, 2014, 8:31 am #135

MurderWeasel wrote:Actually, an interesting artifact of the tape delay is that a rescue now would be a lot riskier for STAR/whoever, in that they'd be going in blind (barring some sort of mole situation again). This would probably preclude a similar blacklist from being enacted under most circumstances, which is a nice little side effect from the terrorists' point of view.
Couldn't they just get one of the kids to tell them who's been on the announcments a lot like Hansel, KK, Travis etc?
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.