A V6 leftover
Parents are discredited Chattanooga lawyers. A long-winded, intelligent, altruistic Czech-American trivia master with an ambitious activist streak. Ashlynn can, for all her good intentions and friendly attitudes and self-professed ultra-tolerance, be arrogant and dismissive towards those she considers less ideologically selfless or less knowledgeable.
Basically other opinions are probably wrong. And hey, she values pluralism and debate, but still. Yeah, you're probably wrong. Even if it's a minor dispute. Especially if it's a minor dispute. God forgive you use a logical fallacy around her. She kinda thinks she's the master of rant comedy, but she isn't. She's not a bad person or arrogant at heart, not in the slightest. Just that she's always been very opionionated (her opinions changed pretty dramatically over the past couple of years though, from arch-conservative to progressive), and she needs to mature a bit. Which may happen. Or it may not.
- [+] spoiler
- Hel Fury (Emprexx Plush)
- Janie Lyons (Somersault)
- Estela Cardoso (MaskedMountain)
- Joanne Coleman (Cicada Days) - same social circles and ideas, different styles
- Nia Karahalios (Fenris)
- Dante Valiero (Fenris) - views him as a joke. If she viewed him seriously, shed hate him.
- Yuki Hayashibara (Ryuki) - positive interactions from chess club
- Sierra Cook (Lord of Awesome) - guarded but friendly
- Lucas Abernathy (LoA) - get on fairly okay
- Meilin Zhou (BlizzardeyeWonder) - no arguments, but some caution on Meilins part
- Max Rudolph (CrossbowPig) - debating adversaries
- Beryl Mahelona (Cicada Days) - Ashlynn finds her rather annoying, but Beryl likes her
- Ivy Langley (Fenris)
- Lori Martin (Ruggahissy)
Has a beard that's a fucking mess. But people still find him attractive because he's naturally pretty hot and well-built and has a rather nice Edinburgh accent. Wants to be an illusionist. NOT a magician. Don't call him a magician. Magic doesn't exist. Illusions do, though. And he loves them. Thinks they make him even sexier. Which is good, because he likes to sleep around. With any and all genders. Also thinks that his fondness for cigars makes him even hotter*.
Otherwise he's a neurotic bundle of issues. Basically has a history of being peer pressured or cajoled into doing things he doesn't want to do, things he feels guilty about, that kind of thing. Both big and small. Hyperaware of that now, but still fundamentally vulnerable to it. Very stubborn and sarcastic as a result, and has the occasional temper tantrum. Also has an off-colour sense of humour. Makes a lot of objectifying comments. Uncertain whether he really is into daddykink or just treats it as a meme.
*not really into them but he pretends he is. Kinda like Winston Churchill.
- [+] spoiler
- Friends and more:
- Beryl Malehona (Cicada) - girlfriend
- Tristan OHara (Sansa Saver) - boyfriend
- Gaelan Meloy (Brackie) (and the following five are from that big friend group that came about from the Gaelan-Ariana merger)
- Heather Klein (Dr Adjective)
- Lukas Nielson (jimmydalad) - lotsa flirting here too
- Blaise dAramitz (Emprexx Plush) - also friend, have slept with before
- Ariana Simpson (Sansa Saver)
- Joseph Quintero (Malloon)
- Keisha Higgins-Bell (Somersault)
- Dante Valiero (Fenris)
- Axel Fontaine (Fenris) - friends - have probably slept together before
- Zachary Beck (Ryuki) - helps him with prank videos
- Sierra Cook (Lord of Awesome) - past hookup
- Mellin Zhou (BlizzardeyeWonder) - have been a thing before, but amicable exes
- Altan Ochir (Masked Mountain) - unknown fan of his illusions
- Alton Gerow (MurderWeasel) - friends
- Lavender Ripley (MurderWeasel) - past hookup, still friendly
- Lucas Diaz (CBP)
- Phillip Olivares (MurderWeasel) - two different types of illusionist. Sometimes the rivalrys friendly and full of banter, sometimes the philosophical differences are a bit too much
- Max Rudolph (CBP) - constantly tries showing him up and undermining his tricks - Nick tends to be neutral towards it
- Violet Schmidt (CBP) - she dislikes Nick because hes insufficiently respectful to her magical mumbo jumbo beliefs. She also disses the beard, and so is full of objectively wrong opinions
- Ivy Langley (Fenris) - Nick likes Gaelan. Like, theyre very good friends. Therefore he kinda cant be friends with Ivy.
Unlike all my other characters, Bill's family has been in Chattanooga for generations, and they are pillars of the community - civil rights activists, environmental champions, active volunteers and local politicians. Basically a very accomplished family that did a lot with a tough hand. Bill was basically brought up knocking on doors and handing out leaflets and he was always kinda terrible at it, but fuck it, it was the least he could do, right?
And now he is basically a giant ball of anxiety and insecurity because he basically feels average as hell. Sure, he's a very friendly and chill guy, who is basically friends with everyone (mainly because he sucks at confrontation). Yeah, he's really good at, like, sociology and psychology, but those aren't real subjects, are they? And he's also really good at fighting games, but you can't do that for a living. So no, Bill has no marketable skills and no marketable talents and he's doomed to obscurity.
That's his thought process anyway. He keeps all of that shit bottled up and repressed around his family, and only really lets go around his friends. Elsewhere he shies away from conflict, lies habitually to downplay both his achievements and his failings, and has one of those really annoying Facebook feeds with lots of Buzzfeed shit linked to it. He also plays baseball, based on his father's insistence that he needs a sport, and is mediocre at it. Passably so, though.
Also I am giving him the same leg frame that I have because fuck it. So correction. Used to play baseball.
- [+] spoiler
- Mercy Ames (backslash)
- Lucas Abernathy (LordOfAwesome)
- Ned Jackson (Ryuki)
- Yuki Hayashibira (Ryuki)
- Camilla Bell (BlizzardeyeWonder)
Algerian-French, her parents are tech gurus who moved to Chattanooga for work. She is a massive nerd who is basically going to spend her life writing and drawing depraved smut for internet commissions and she's not even gonna apologise for that. Sure, she only started when she was 18 (she believes in the letter of the law, even if she thinks fuck the spirit of it), but she's been working at it for a few months now and has a pretty good following.
She is also big into helping out the drama people with technical stuff. Also a very big people-watcher. Like, enjoys sitting in cafes and watching people tick with minimal intervention. It's good for her writing. That's the excuse she has for her rabid reality TV consumption too.
- [+] spoiler
- Lucas Abernathy (LordofAwesome) - they are the cutest couple in V7, I will accept no dissenting opinion
- Yuki Hayashibara (Ryuki) - fellow writers
- Ned Jackson (Ryuki) - fellow nerds
- Myles Roux (backslash) - shared interests in reality TV and gossip
- Camilla Bell (BlizzardeyeWonder) - similar names, so Camille seeks out her company just for the fun of it
- Osiris Wesley (MaskedMountain)
Bill is an ex baseball member
Camille plays water polo for the bants
Ashlynn - Debate, Amnesty, Activism, Anti-Bullying, Chess, Doctors Without Borders, Gay-Straight, Newspaper, Interact, Yoga (no she gives none of them the deserved time)
Camille - Amnesty, Doctors Without Borders, Gaming, Writing, Drama
Bill - Book, Film, Gaming
Nick - runs his own Illusionist club that is basically his attempt at creating some kind of Magic Circle