Meanwhile: V6 Documentary

Leaf
Player

July 29th, 2017, 2:38 pm #1

Introduction:

Hello!

I have a meanwhile idea plan that involves the family of one of the victims of V6 to make a documentary about the Cochise students. They want the children who died during the program to be humanized, so basically they aren't seen as killers or victims but as actual people who had lives before they were kidnapped.

It is led by Michael Shelley, the father of Dorothy Shelley. He crowdfunded the documentary on GoFundMe and he is reaching out to families to interview them, get them to give him some childhood footage, narration of their lives and, you know, things like that.

The goal is to have a documentary that is bittersweet: it shows the lives of kids that got screwed pretty badly but they were still humans deserved to be remembered as such. Therefore, things that are directly refering on stuff that happened on the island (i.e.: footage, narration of what they did/how they died/who they killed, reenactment, ect.) are stricly forbidden.

How to participate:

Anybody can participate to the project.

You only need the rights to the character's family [edit: they don't have to be part of the character's family, original characters are fine as long as they follow the meanwhile guidelines] (either you handled the character or are given the right by another) and you send me your piece of writing for me to like... check over it then post with your credits.

Seriously though anybody can participate I don't mind as long it's not like... a troll post, it's chill.

Things you can do:

In the best of world, the interviews I receive should be written as transcript of the video.

You can see some example here and here (all of them are fine apart from the clean one) (also don't mind the 2010 meme wow). Any other styles are fine as long they convey the characters's personality, their mood, their tone, and it's clear who is speaking.

However I understand it may be hard to adapt your writing from narration to that so I can understand like being unable to do it. It's important to remember however that the more detached it is, the better. You have to write it as if you were watching it and you had to describe it to someone basically.

Something else you can do that is more related to a narrative kind of writing is describing footage that was given by the family to the crew. For example, Ballet Death Squad's perfomance of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. You can write it out as you would normally do in the main game, just not from anybody's point of view.

You can include anything related to the crew of the movie like the production. You are allowed to write your character's family reacting to Michael calling them and telling them about the project he is working. That's fine! You just have to send it to me, I'll make sure it's fine and you can post it by yourself since it's not actually included in the documentary itself

At the moment, these are both of the things I can think of that could appear in the documentary. However, if you have an idea for something that can appear, hit me up. This is a collaborative writing project: anybody can participate and anybody can contribute to it.

The crew

I'll make a full list and description of people working on the documentary IC but like everything else related to this project, you can contribute to it. You can, if you want, write a cameraman or the person that will do the interviews. I don't want anybody to focus on that since it's not the best part of the project and it's really my responsibility but if you want to do it: you can.

I'll fill it in as time goes in a post reserved below.
[+] Spoiler
Hi,

I am currently planning to write about the making of a documentary on the lives of the Cochise students and their families.

It would include interviews of surviving students, family of the victims, teachers, and known people in the region, and potentially the winner (but it's not even sure there will be one or if they'll go back home so this one waits).

The project is made by Michael Shelley, father of Dorothy Shelley, and it's crowfunded on GoFundMe. The project is ran on donation, and it's non-profit so Michael Shelley isn't gaining any money out of it.

I need to get it approved for a couple of reasons:

It can potentially affect the state of the world in V7 since it can referred to in-universe due to the nature of the content.
I don't want to write something and it to be retconned
I may not be the only person writing since I plan on making a thread in the roleplay discussion if people want to include footage of family of the victims so having the approbation will make my job much easier in recruiting people in it.
If I get approved, I'll be really nice, I swear!

Things that WON'T happen, and it's important to read it:

This isn't an escape thing in any way shape or form: the people making the documentary are civilians with no knowledge of warfare or anything so rip the kids of v7 lol
Even though I hinted that Michael wants to go on the island, he isn't going there because I'm assuming the governement doesn't want a civilian messing around on the island. (I may make a thread where Michael is like "I want to be on the island" and he gets denied so he's sad, but that's not like... the same as going on the island?)
Since it's a meanwhile thread/storyline, it will follow the rules related to it so no kids involved in the documentary will appear in the future versions

That is all, thank you for reading.

If you have any questions, I'm always available because I have no life.
[+] Spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

Leaf
Player

July 29th, 2017, 2:39 pm #2

[Post reserved for the filming crew]
[+] Spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

Leaf
Player

July 29th, 2017, 2:39 pm #3

[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
    MW's Private Rank

July 29th, 2017, 6:46 pm #4

A question: if someone has a character with, say, connections to some of the dead V6 students but who is not an actual family member, would that also be acceptable for use?

This sounds like an awesome project, and I'm stoked to see the outcome.

Leaf
    Player

July 29th, 2017, 7:13 pm #5

MurderWeasel wrote:A question: if someone has a character with, say, connections to some of the dead V6 students but who is not an actual family member, would that also be acceptable for use?

This sounds like an awesome project, and I'm stoked to see the outcome.
    I thought I had it clearly written but friends of V6 students, people who didn't go to the trip, and local people living there can all be included in the documentary as long they have a tie to the V6 students, close or far.

For example, a shop owner in Cochise isn't going to show up unless they were employing a student like Alvaro.

edit: me dumb forgot to put it that it can be anyone with ties to the v6 students in the op thats a rip wow
    [+] Spoiler

Cicada Days
    Winner

July 30th, 2017, 2:38 pm #6

Lore still MVP of existence, obligatory praise, etc.

So I've got an idea that requires collab within collab which is bound to fail b/c I wasn't even able to make one tier of non-recursive collaboration work (rip my World of TV project) but still!

Because we've got like, plenty of artsy fartsy kids right? And the East Wing of Cochise displayed artworks, posters, projects, and so on from the student body. Bet some island bound kids had works that were posted up there, yeah? What I'm envisioning is a section of the documentary where they do a walkthrough of that hall and focus on the art and various projects left behind by the island bound kids, with narration about the kids individual lives maybe, or some generic 'their memories live on in this hall' slow monologue.

I won't ask for so much, even just give me a 'yes go ahead' and I'll fill in the rest of the details for you if need be. You can be as involved or as uninvolved as you want. just pls give me anything to work with though because like, if I have nothing to work with all I can legally go on is Tina and I am not dedicating an entire thread to the worst character in V6 :/
    [+] Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler
    "C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
    Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
    Extra art by Mimi! (1)
    [+] Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler
    Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
    [+] Spoiler
    Character Relationships (no longer updated)
    Hero | Swap
    [+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
    (Adopted from Yugikun)
    [+] Spoiler
    "And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
    - Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
    [+] Spoiler
    "Hope that's good enough."
    - Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
    - Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    - Meanwhile - 1 2
    [+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
    [+] Spoiler
    "It's Tina."
    - Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
    [+] Spoiler
    "You're nothing."
    - Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
    - Island - 1 2
    - Meanwhile - 1
    - ??? - 1
    Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Leaf
    Player

August 12th, 2017, 1:34 am #7

so since scdos started this project is not really put on hold but i don't anybody is that interest to participate since like, you know, more island things is going on for the general population and im as busy as everyone with it + full-time job so lmao

i will still work on the crew so check back a couple of time a month i guess?
    [+] Spoiler