Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:33 am #76

Not really into the logic either way. This kind of wheels within wheels paranoia where we go "I know what you said, but here's what you actually mean" is how scum ends up thrashing town. 90% of last game's success was just letting the most vocal town voices rip each other apart along those lines while munching popcorn and occasionally tossing another log on the fire.

Hit me with the payoff for why this is more than paranoia. What can you do with the possibility that I'm crumbing non-vanilla town, and what would I gain from that at this stage? Because right now all I'm seeing is "Paige is secretly doing a thing and it's bad play and she knows that," which is nice crumbing for setting up a case later to point back to as an "I told you so!" moment but doesn't do anything for town now other than maybe lock us in a tunnelfight, and I'm so totally over that idea XD
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:35 am #77

EBWOP: To be clear, my intent is not to crumb anything. I feel like the rest of the post in question makes it clear I think anything that would reveal any scrap of information vis-a-vis roles and the way they're distributed to scum would be very, very bad at this point so that would be kinda counter-productive to my style here.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:44 am #78

Well, we're not even 12 hours in the game and now I have no idea of what's happening anymore. I think that's a new record for me.

(brief thoughts to follow)
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:51 am #79

Quality times when I'm writing up posts and notes, and hit 'x'.

Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:53 am #80

vyse you accidently delete your WIP posts all the time

just invest in lazarus already
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 6:55 am #81

Minor scumread on Kermit for this post:
wrote:So, Toxie's town then, I guess.
and this post:
wrote:Uh, oh! Possibly meaningless speculation ahead!

Note that this is all assuming that the reapers are the/a scum group, though I'm like 90% sure they are because of
Decoy at the end of the first post wrote:let's kick those Reaper bastards to hell.
Okay, so reaper indoctrination is a pretty important thing in the games, which I'm thinking means there's someone who can switch a townie to scum (I don't think the ability'd have more than one use. It'd be too overpowered). With Toxie starting the game as a confirmed townie, this means that scum could easily get a confirmed townie on their side. Post day-1, we should keep a close eye on any confirmed townies, at least until the (maybe nonexistent) scum-converty-person is dead.
Both just sorta reek of trying to be seen as helpful without adding anything super constructive to the conversation. The first post is blatantly stating the obvious (which is why I posted the Speedwagon picture, by the way - I wanted to say "you're stating the obvious" in a fairly jokey manner) and doesn't offer any new information or opinion on the fact that Toxie just got confirmed. The second is flavour speculation, which is... honestly really pointless at this stage in the game when we don't know anything about how the mafia team works and just sorta feels like its trying to look like its helpful/pull discussion elsewhere.
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:00 am #82

In the time that I took in order to cook a lovely dinner for the two of us here, I see this has already gotten fairly out of control.

It could just be a mental filter of mine but I'm like, not paying attention to Zetsu at all. Now I'm loathe to read pages and pages at a time but I DID read pretty solidly from my last post to about here, so I'm caught up in that regard but not anything before it. So... what exactly are we getting at here with Zetsu, because I see a couple votes for them.

On the subject of quoting roles for the purposes of a mass claim which is really the only thing I've got a firm grasp on right now, I'm not terribly adverse to just like... really putting a mass claim out there, but we've all got to be on the same page about it or we just out a few roles and fuck ourselves. Maybe Decoy's planned around having this in mind.

Or, maybe just maybe, this is a game run by the same guy who let flavor effectively out like, two-three people as scum.

What I'm saying is to take into account that Decoy may not have necessarily balanced the game with allowing the quoting of PMs in mind and that a mass claim is still a good early-to-midgame option.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:01 am #83

Oh and since I'm here and remember it, I AM open to the idea that past day 1, we shouldn't be convinced of the fact that Toxie is permanently town.

This is why you don't reveal yourself as innocent child on day 1.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:05 am #84

MK Kilmarnock wrote:Oh and since I'm here and remember it, I AM open to the idea that past day 1, we shouldn't be convinced of the fact that Toxie is permanently town.

This is why you don't reveal yourself as innocent child on day 1.
Curious on this note: Toxie, did you request to be revealed or did Decoy just do it?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:08 am #85

@Yugi, I had a response, but I deleted it. RIP. Sorry.

@MK, I wasn't going to say it but...stuff happens, yeah. I don't want a massclaim, because it either fails & hurts us, or worse, it works and the game is half-over in a boring way.

@Doc, enjoy knowing how I feel whenever someone tells me that I should have played in a particular way, because it's Good Town Play(tm). Every. Single. Time.

Seriously though, I'll stand by the strategy of (considered & thoughtful) intuitive reads, as so far it's easily the most effective strategy I've ever found. (And I'm not nearly the best at it!) The trick is not getting lost in your biases and ego. Heck, even Scrubs Mafia is proof of this concept, since I decided to play while ignoring the warning voices in my head full stop. (The fact that I was the alternative lynch didn't help matters, but yeah. Bias and ego. :/)

As a final bonus, here's some tips on reading Vyses
[+] Spoiler

Town Vyse - Narrative-lite, focused on reads moreso than convincing players or ranting at length about stuff that doesn't matter (I.e. My comments regarding massclaim because I'm right goshdarnit.), often lacking a specific direction and attempting to make the most of it. Sometimes lazy (Super Dangan Ronpa, first half when I was Town.) sometimes fighting the whole game (V4P2 & Bastard Mafia) Sometimes it's a mix. (POST RESTRICTION,

Scum Vyse - Narrative-heavy, focus is on players over personal reads (See: Me going-along, getting-along for a Townread from Doc last game and letting so many awful decisions float by without saying anything.), tends towards nudging Town into bad decisions rather than actively pushing, etc.(Keeping in mind that while I don't like it all that much, I'm basically not afraid of being lynched nearly at all. It just doesn't happen easily here, for the same reason I have trouble lynching people I want dead.)

There are exceptions to these rules, and it's meant to be more of a vague general guideline. (I.e. I tend to go into full tunnel mode as Town when I'm sure (enough) that someone is scum, and at that point the only goal is to get everyone else on my side. At that point, my only care is convincing people to join me.)

I could theoretically manipulate this since, y'know, I'm obviously aware of it, but there's not much point. I tried to play an actively Town game in BR Mafia, and was put in a far more risky position than when I let myself coast, and play go-along, get-along. (Keeping in mind that a few choice grunts and selected fights for camouflage doesn't actually change that I was coasting hard.)

There's little reward in changing substantially for this game, so there you go. Murder's probably right regarding about how I act under pressure, though that's actually something simpler to change, and pretty obvious even before I read Psych raging at my life in the BR Dead Chat. ;P
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:09 am #86

decoy73 wrote:You are Jeff "Joker" Moreau

You're a goofball, and a good pilot. You'd fight, but your Vrolik's syndrome keeps you out of the fight. The good thing about being a goofball, is that everybody knows you're innocent. Seriously - you're the INNOCENT BYSTANDER. At the start of the game, everybody will know that you are, in fact, the Innocent Bystander.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Zetsumodernista
Contender

May 2nd, 2017, 7:12 am #87

look I know that this was a long time ago and that metas change and such but I'm not letting go of this that easily
MurderWeasel in the scum quicktopic from Scrubs Mafia wrote:I think we've got a good team and with a bit of luck perhaps we can make this Day One Daychat thing as broken as I really believe it can be.
MW: Why did you think it was broken then? When did your opinion on the brokenness of this mechanic change, and why (obvious answer is last game, but did it maybe happen before)?
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 2nd, 2017, 7:15 am #88

HEY GUYS I'M HERE TO JOKE VOTE AN-oh

So like genuinely what's stopping us from just claiming now?
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Zetsumodernista
Contender

May 2nd, 2017, 7:21 am #89

Vyse gets no townpoints for telling us about his playstyle; he talked at length in the dead quicktopic for Aperture about how he plays as town and scum. This lets him look nice and helpful without actually risking anything. Not scumreading it, though, cuz I can see a town motive for it as well (actually being nice and helpful).

Zetsumodernista
Contender

May 2nd, 2017, 7:23 am #90

@Deamon: If scum have fakeclaims it's a bad idea, if one of Murder's myriad guesses about how scum could fuck up a mass claim are correct, it's a bad idea