Cactus
Mr. Danya

May 12th, 2009, 8:38 pm #121

That was fun, guys! And yes, I was totally ruthless, but the only times anyone suspected me was basically other members of the mafia getting mad at me for taking down our own...but hey! Good game

I'll probably comment more when I get home onto my pc, blackberry load times aren't amazing on the site.
---
[+] Spoiler
Connor Lorenzen: When you're this good, image is everything.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Memories: 1

Morgan Dragosavich: Ahh, I'll figure shit out later. Let's go!

Ross Miller: Just hangin' out, man.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Memories: 1 - 2

Claudeson Bademosi: It's a beautiful day, I think.
Pregame: 1 - 2

Ariana Moretti: The verbal assassin.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
[+] Spoiler
B033 - Cole Hudson: Sprung a leak.
B011 - Adam Amato: Refused to besmirch those walls.
B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
G034 - Jamie Li: Left us far before her time.
B011/99 - Burton Harris/Ken Lawson: The Kermit-squad.
[+] Spoiler
< | Angelina | Gilbert | Andrew | Art | Wade | Rupert | Mary | Alexander | Dean | Sarah | Zilya | Alicia | Staffan | Trent | Jodene | >
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
The New Adventures of Ed-liver and Mike: Writing Essays and Making Pizza

Namira
Mr. Danya

May 12th, 2009, 9:05 pm #122

For the curious, I will be setting up another game of Mafia at some point, and I have a pretty interesting theme in mind, but first, I'm going to run the Webcomic Draft game. This may or may not be a complete failure - but what the hell!

Anyway: There will be another game of mafia, hopefully even better than this one.

P.S. Who the heck is that in your avatar Adam? It's been bothering me for forever and a half.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [&#8734;], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Cactus
Mr. Danya

May 12th, 2009, 9:58 pm #123

That would be the immortal Private Hudson from Aliens, played impeccably by Bill Paxton back in 1986.
---
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
< | Angelina | Gilbert | Andrew | Art | Wade | Rupert | Mary | Alexander | Dean | Sarah | Zilya | Alicia | Staffan | Trent | Jodene | >
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

CJanosi
Cannon Fodder
CJanosi
Cannon Fodder

May 12th, 2009, 10:06 pm #124

Aw, damnit. WE WERE THIS CLOSE.

Well, that's what y'all get for lynchin' little ol' me.
V4 Accepted:

Irina Burlachenko
Leona Christopher
Stephanie Henderson
Richard Henderson

Anderson
Survivor
Anderson
Survivor

May 12th, 2009, 10:38 pm #125

I'd like to make some suggestions for tweaking the rules. Notably:
1) I think there should be a minimum time before a lynch (to make sure that everyone at least has a chance to post), say 24 hours.
2) I think inactivity should be dealt with a little more firmly, and when it's dealt with it should be at the start of a phase.
3) With respect to ties, I do feel that there should be a "random outcome" ranging from no lynch to both get killed to a fight breaks out and someone else gets killed. Call it "GM's Choice".
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)

landlocked
Leader

May 13th, 2009, 2:23 am #126

That was pretty sweet. I'm sad I didn't have more time to actually play, but that was definitely the biggest and most active Mafia game we've had here, so I'm totally up for the next one at least.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

Mimi
Winner

May 13th, 2009, 6:50 am #127

Wow. I really wish that Mimi girl would have lived longer. She's pretty much the bomb.

Just sayin'.

Namira
Mr. Danya

May 13th, 2009, 10:01 am #128

Anderson wrote: I'd like to make some suggestions for tweaking the rules. Notably:
1) I think there should be a minimum time before a lynch (to make sure that everyone at least has a chance to post), say 24 hours.
2) I think inactivity should be dealt with a little more firmly, and when it's dealt with it should be at the start of a phase.
3) With respect to ties, I do feel that there should be a "random outcome" ranging from no lynch to both get killed to a fight breaks out and someone else gets killed. Call it "GM's Choice".

1. Is just part of how mafia goes. People need to be on the ball, otherwise they might risk being involved in a/getting quick-lynched. Days can go by quickly, especially in the later stages, and it's why it's very important to give people a chance to defend themselves before piling the votes on.

2. This is true. I was looking for a replacement for SRJJJB, which is why I didn't modkill him, although perhaps I should've and cut my losses. As regards to choic, I wanted to give him a chance to post on that day. Unfortunately, no dice.

3. Eh, I'm not fond of this. In the future a lynch will require a full majority instead of just 'most votes' - which means people will need to be a little more on the ball in some instances. Hopefully switching to OOC posting will help with that.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [&#8734;], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]

Anderson
Survivor
Anderson
Survivor

May 14th, 2009, 2:48 am #129

Clueless wrote:
Anderson wrote: I'd like to make some suggestions for tweaking the rules.  Notably:
3) With respect to ties, I do feel that there should be a "random outcome" ranging from no lynch to both get killed to a fight breaks out and someone else gets killed.  Call it "GM's Choice".
1. Is just part of how mafia goes. People need to be on the ball, otherwise they might risk being involved in a/getting quick-lynched. Days can go by quickly, especially in the later stages, and it's why it's very important to give people a chance to defend themselves before piling the votes on.

2. This is true. I was looking for a replacement for SRJJJB, which is why I didn't modkill him, although perhaps I should've and cut my losses. As regards to choic, I wanted to give him a chance to post on that day. Unfortunately, no dice.

3. Eh, I'm not fond of this. In the future a lynch will require a full majority instead of just 'most votes' - which means people will need to be a little more on the ball in some instances. Hopefully switching to OOC posting will help with that.
On 1: I would agree if we were all in the same timezone. Unfortunately, we've got people in the UK, people on the West Coast (I presume) and/or people with jobs, so being off the board for a little while (i.e. 12-16 hours) is hardly something that can't be believed. I'm here a lot, but there are a number of players who simply aren't on that much, and I think you need to account for that.

In a live-action game this isn't an issue, but online it may well not be a matter of being "on the ball", but rather just not being online.

On 2: I understand here. You know what the irony of the choic situation is, though? The town made the "right" decision with regards to not taking the second kill you offered them (a misfire of which would have ended the game right there, and a misfire of which seems to have been very likely [as I suspect Vole would've been next, if I had to guess]).

On 3: I'd switch to something like 40% of the overall total early on, or 50% of "votes cast". You're likely to get a string of deadlocks early on if you're not careful; even if you added both of the "questionable" votes, Lee only had 50% of the total votes cast (he had 6, Landlocked had 4, and Mitsuko and Dodd had one each), and under half of the grand total (I think there were 13 at that time). The main problem is that if you require 50% of those alive, you have to contend with the invariable 2-3 who will go inactive in a game.
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)

Killer_Moth
Player

May 14th, 2009, 5:45 pm #130

If I can make a suggestion as well, I'd not use anybody specific, and definitely not regularly, in the unmasking posts. I for one was partially convinced of Dodd's innocence due to your using him as the person to search the mafia member each time. While I'm not sure if this was intentional, with hindsight it looks a little misleading, coming from the GM.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More

Namira
Mr. Danya

May 14th, 2009, 5:51 pm #131

It was because he placed the lynching vote on each occasion.

But point taken, I may make it more vague in the future, just to avoid confusion.

I understand your 1) Anderson, but I'm hesitant to mess with the rules, because that would be altering the game itself, and I don't want to do that. That's just a personal scruple I suppose.

3) - again, you have a valid point, but I've seen forum mafia played before and run very easily, without there being many deadlocks. The transistiom to OOC posts should help this quite a bit, because people don't have to go through the hassle of background, etc. - they can just say what they think.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

May 14th, 2009, 6:06 pm #132

Dodd also set himself up as the coroner, so him doing the searching seemed logical from an RP perspective. I actually thought people choosing professions and such made the game really interesting, as it offered opportunities for this sort of stuff.

Cactus
Mr. Danya

May 14th, 2009, 8:02 pm #133

I'm very pleased about the fact that nobody suspected.
---
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler