Madelyn would like to play video games with you! (and be your friend)

Lawther
Survivor

July 30th, 2010, 8:09 pm #1

I've been seeing a lot of great characters that are looking for friends here in the planning area, so I wanted to see if anyone would like to be Madelyn's friend as well, or perhaps even form a little cliq of strange and interesting people?

Madelyn is very outgoing, somewhat excitable, loves video games and anime, and loves to hang out, so it wouldn't be strange for her to have lots of different types of friends!

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!

Hollyquin
Winner

July 30th, 2010, 8:27 pm #2

I think Madelyn and Hayley would get along. Hayley can be kind of a bitch (actually, she can be a HUGE bitch) and she parties a bit hard, but she makes friends in unusual places because deep down she's really just a big nerd. And she loves video games. xD And she's really nice to people who don't judge her, and Madelyn strikes me as very non-judgmental.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.
[+] Spoiler
[V4] ESCAPED:
[x] Garrett Hunter [B138] [KC: 0] // Sitting at home, figuring some shit out.
"If there's anything I can do...anywhere I can fight, send me there. I want to help." // ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕

[V4] DECEASED:
[x] Hayley Kelly [G103] [KC: 7] // RANK 33
I don't want to go. // ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥
[x] Jasper-Declan MacDermott [B129] [KC: 0] // RANK 93
Perhaps...it was worth it, after all. // ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂
[x] Vivien Morin [B062] [KC: 0] // RANK 131
Goodnight, Sylvie. // ♀ - ♀ - ♀ - ♀ - ♀
[x] Maria Santiago [G110] [KC: 0] // RANK 258
"So...I guess...I'm going to heaven after all..." // ✝ - ✝

Little Boy
Contender

July 30th, 2010, 8:31 pm #3

Dutchy has pretty much just really met her in the Activist thread.

They seem a lot alike, Dutchy'd love to be her friend!
V5

Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
[+] Spoiler

Jay Holland > "If I just smile, I guess they'll think it's all okay." ESCAPED
Jimmy Brennan > H&K CAWS (12 gauge) > "Step through that door and underestimate me, just like all the rest!" > PLACED: 22 / 276
Roland Harte > Kris > " This is, for all intents and purposes, my war now." > PLACED: 150 / 276
Orn "Dutchy" Ayers > Harpoon > "I fell in a puddle..." > PLACED: 98 / 276

Abby Erickson > Claw Hammer > "I get tired easy, so maybe the big sleep would be good for me." PLACED: 27 / 53
Brett Torres > Raven Arms MP-25 (.25) [x4 clips (6 round capacity)] 17/24 /// Stoner 63 (5.56x45mm) [(150 rounds per Drum)] 300/300 > "Bloodthirsty little bunch, ain't we?"
Jonas Jeffries > PINK TEAM > MAC-10 [x8 clips (30 Round Capacity)] 30/30 > " 'ow doo I make the muggafuggin' kh-chg noibs?!" PLACED: 31 / 66
wrote:"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey
NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.

Chib
Leader

July 30th, 2010, 9:23 pm #4

Well, Ema's already a (rather unusual) friend of Hayley's, but even without that, I could see her spending time with Madelyn.. girl-gamers gotta stick together, right?
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] Spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

KamiKaze
Winner

July 30th, 2010, 9:26 pm #5

I have two characters that fit the video game/anime nerd criteria.

Anna Chase is a bit of an oddball, but she's friendly and likes anime as well, to the point of being a cosplayer. As long as you can put up with her bizarre moments, it should be alright.

And then there's Carol Burke. She moved from Nevada at the start of the school year, and loves video games. She's friendly too, perhaps to a fault.

Both would be willing to be friends with her! Feel free to look at them, and pick which one would work!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] Spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] Spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Rocky
Contender

July 30th, 2010, 11:53 pm #6

My character Reika Ishida is fairly friendly with pretty much anyone she meets, and if you want someone more close to her hobbies, Dawne Jiang is a huge anime nerd (she also cosplays). Links in sig if you're interested.

Lawther
Survivor

July 31st, 2010, 6:49 am #7

Awesome! Lot's of great people/characters to be friends with

Hollyquin: Madelyn and Hayley would definitely get along quite well. Hayley has a bit of a darker streak than the more happy-go-lucky Madelyn, but I think that despite the juxtaposition they would get along famously over their high school years.

LittleBoy: Madelyn would love to be Dutchy's friend too! They seem to be getting along well in the Activist thread

Chib: Of course girl gamers should stick together! Madelyn would have probably been very keen to meet Ema, since she's an exchange student and would love her accent, and would have definitely wanted to play games with her. Since she's already friendly with Hayley, I could see them as having plenty of excuses to hang out as well.

KamiKaze: I could see Madelyn being friends with both Chase and Carol. Madelyn would love Chase's dark sense of humor and love of horror, and she loves going to conventions as well. Plus, Madelyn finds oddballs to be very endearing.

I could also see Madelyn being friends with Carol as well, though probably in a different social circle than with Chase. They both like video games, plus she would probably find Carol's cheerfulness interesting and introduce herself when Carol came to school.

Rocky: I could see Madelyn being friendly towards Reika, but I don't think Madelyn would be particularly close to her. They would probably just be acquaintances. However, Madelyn and Dawne would probably get along very well! Madelyn and Dawne's love of anime would probably have been what brought them together, and their personalities could mesh very well indeed.

So then: Is there a current thread where a bunch of you guys are already hanging out? If not, would you guys be interested in doing a weekend video game/slumber party/hangout thread?

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!

Hollyquin
Winner

July 31st, 2010, 7:34 am #8

Hayley's presently at a party (and not the sort of party Madelyn would attend), and considering the pace of it she might be there until v4 proper starts. *sweatdrop*

Maybe a group memory thread is in order?

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.
[+] Spoiler
[V4] ESCAPED:
"If there's anything I can do...anywhere I can fight, send me there. I want to help." // ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕

[V4] DECEASED:
I don't want to go. // ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥

Mr. Administration
Cannon Fodder

July 31st, 2010, 8:10 am #9

Oh gee whiz, Lily would be more than happy to entertain Madelyn, yes.
G121 - Lily Ainsworth - "Dipsydoodle, Tweedledee! Not a cloud that I can see!"

banthesun
Leader

July 31st, 2010, 8:32 am #10

RAAAAARGH!

BUT MY -LYN SUFFIX CHARACTER IS LIKE THAT!

RAAAAARGH!

But I probably should of expected that when I made a character like that. Oh well.

Guess which one she is in my sig if you want a link.

Chib
Leader

July 31st, 2010, 12:14 pm #11

Group memory sounds like a good plan, assuming Foregone Conclusion is off? Considering the conclusion is... well, foregone, I wouldn't mind terribly.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] Spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

Hollyquin
Winner

July 31st, 2010, 5:13 pm #12

I'D TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT A FOREGONE CONCLUSION. CRAP. Yeah I just looked and I was long gone in Minnesota when you posted, so...yeah. *sweatdrop*

OH OH. I JUST HAD AN IDEA. AHHH. I'll PM you with the details, Chib.

But yeah, once we get more people, I vote for a big sleepover type thing. Actually I'll PM these details to you too, Lawther, since Madelyn is very much involved here. xD

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:
[+] Spoiler
[V4] ESCAPED:

[V4] DECEASED:

Little Boy
Contender

July 31st, 2010, 5:14 pm #13

The Activist Thread is already a memory thread :c So I can't join in unfortunately.
V5

Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
[+] Spoiler

Jay Holland > "If I just smile, I guess they'll think it's all okay." ESCAPED
Jimmy Brennan > H&K CAWS (12 gauge) > "Step through that door and underestimate me, just like all the rest!" > PLACED: 22 / 276
Roland Harte > Kris > " This is, for all intents and purposes, my war now." > PLACED: 150 / 276
Orn "Dutchy" Ayers > Harpoon > "I fell in a puddle..." > PLACED: 98 / 276

Abby Erickson > Claw Hammer > "I get tired easy, so maybe the big sleep would be good for me." PLACED: 27 / 53
Brett Torres > Raven Arms MP-25 (.25) [x4 clips (6 round capacity)] 17/24 /// Stoner 63 (5.56x45mm) [(150 rounds per Drum)] 300/300 > "Bloodthirsty little bunch, ain't we?"
Jonas Jeffries > PINK TEAM > MAC-10 [x8 clips (30 Round Capacity)] 30/30 > " 'ow doo I make the muggafuggin' kh-chg noibs?!" PLACED: 31 / 66
wrote:"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey
NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.

Rocky
Contender

July 31st, 2010, 5:15 pm #14

Dawne would be free to either a memory or a present thread, assuming we have time.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 31st, 2010, 5:50 pm #15

Methinks Madelyn plus Felicia Carmichael equals fun times! Felicia's in prom right now, though, and at this point, we're probably just gonna have to wait until the island, but who knows what could happen then, yeah?
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER