Somersault
Survivor

January 26th, 2016, 12:04 pm #11

"Why do you think you're a dork? I don't think you're a dork. I don't think Mom thinks you're a dork."- Sixteen Candles

Jane was pissed.
((Jane Madison Pregame Start))
All Jane wanted to do right now was to go home, watch Sixteen Candles, and just. go. home. Jane just didn't want to deal with Math right now, so here she was, camped out in the library, reading Gone With The Wind. While reading her book, she heard some people speaking.

Walking over to the area where she heard people speaking, she saw four people all sitting around a table. Not really people she knew, except for Nate, and she didn't really know Nate all that well, either. Hooray.

Jane then waved to them taking a deep breath to calm herself, before introducing herself. "Well, hi. I'm Jane." Walking over to a nearby table and taking a seat, she began to read again. Jane really wished she could watch Sixteen Candles.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 26th, 2016, 5:50 pm #12

Fucking lying goddamn twisted piece of shit cocksucking asshole

((Ty Yazzie Stalking In From Goddamn Right, You Should Be Scared Of Me))

The inside of Ty's head was a colorful, hateful whirlpool of anger after sorting his family out this morning before school. Wouldn't you know it, that night after he and Beans had their sit-down, a nice little patch of his garden ended up torn up, just shredded flowers all over the damn place. When he confronted the bastard about it this morning, he acted all innocent in front of Ma and the old man, even had the balls to try to blame the whole thing on Chaplin. Called him a "stray" and thought it was a smart idea to make some sly remarks about local animal shelters. It took Ma calling him back outside to keep him from punching the smug dick full in the face.

He was glad she did. There was nothing good about stooping to his level. If one goddamn petal was out of place when he got home, though...

Ty took a few deep breaths and gripped his book tightly before wandering deeper into the library to find a place to sit. Usually he'd work out to blow off this kind of steam, but getting physical now would just encourage him to be the same way when he got home. It was better to lose himself in thought for awhile, then set the garden to right when he got home. If need be, he'd corner Beans for another talk later. Mary's number was in his phone. Might be time to show that he meant business.

As he turned in to find a table, he noticed Lani surrounded by a whole crew of folks. If she wasn't so frequent around the store, he probably wouldn't have noticed her in the middle of all of them. Seemed only polite to throw a tense smile and a wave her way before he settled down a little ways away and buried himself in The Conquest of Bread.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Pancapples
Cannon Fodder
Pancapples
Cannon Fodder

January 28th, 2016, 9:49 pm #13

Gary watched as countless students spilled into the library. His library. Being such a well-adjusted, open-minded individual, he thought to himself:

"No. Fuck this. Nuh-uh. Too many people."

Gary slammed his book shut, sliding out of the ancient wooden seat and hauling his rucksack over his shoulder. As he walked grumpily toward the exit, he let his eyes wander to the table across the room one last time. Many more had gathered there, and he briefly entertained the idea of going over. He could, perhaps, introduce himself or ask if they needed help in any subjects.

"I'm not going over there. Fuck that shit." He thought, and went to have lunch.

Gary Kwan continued elsewhere...
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder
CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder

February 4th, 2016, 12:16 pm #14

“It’s totally up to you Nate,” Lani began. “Ultimately, no one can force you to go if you don’t want to or don’t need to.” His mention of student debt made her laugh vivaciously. “Maybe I’ll get lucky and score a scholarship.”

Lani had no idea that Nate intended on becoming a pastor; it was a career choice that had never crossed her mind, most likely through not being religious herself, but she was so impressed with Nate because he already had an idea of his future ambitions and goals. “I think it’s really cool that you’ve got plans, even if they’re not set in stone. Me? Well, I like the idea of college like I said, but like, I’ve no clue what any of it will amount to, if anything I guess.” Her shrug and composure seemed to mimic that of Nate’s when he became self-deprecating, not out of mockery, but now because she was the one feeling insecure.

Before she’d realised it, Joshua had arrived. Lani had been enjoying her conversation with Nate deeply, as she always did. “Joshua! Thank you for meeting me here. Don’t mention it at all. I’ve had excellent company, and was here a lot earlier than necessary!” She nearly completely forgot about her baking until she glanced over to the window. “By the way, mum and I made these for you. They’re made from citrus—and no lactose or nuts involved whatsoever.”

Suddenly, a seemingly strange senior approached the group, stating her name before retreating to a nearby table. Strange in this sense because Lani saw the approach as strange. She was all for meeting new people and improving her relations with other members of the student body, but felt awkward that Jane didn’t ask for her name back, or say anything else for that matter really. Conclusively, Lani shrugged the interaction off, guessing that Jane would return if she needed something or wanted to speak to any of them.

Another brief interaction closely followed; it was a wave from Lani’s friend and fellow avid gardener Ty! She returned a smile and waved excitably as she began to remember the last time she visited the store: to buy the zinnia she was currently wearing in her hair.

Lani could feel Nate’s worries about intrusion returning with his closing comment, despite Lani’s initial assurance. “I’m totally okay with you staying Nate! I mean… if that’d be okay with Joshua, of course?” She was trying not show it too much, but she probably wanted Nate to stay as much as he was hoping to stay.
Version Six:
Lani Salder ?
?I?m just like everyone else.?
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton ? ?Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars??
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche ? ?Well, at least you tried.?
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together
[+] spoiler
Pumpkin and Feta Freeform Tart with Mixed Leaf Salad
Deluxe Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

February 7th, 2016, 11:07 pm #15

((Breaking Post Order to leave thread, sorry!))

Ty tried to focus on his book and calm down. Honest to god, he was trying. No matter how tightly he held it, though, or how intensely he stared at the page, not a damn word made it through his skull. He was too charged up, he could feel his body vibrating with tension. Shit, other people could probably see it, if it was as bad as he felt. He needed to be up and active, doing something, doing anything to get this out, or he was going to regret it when he went home. Maybe being around people was a shit idea right now.

Lani was in the middle of folks across the room. There was a part of him that wanted to talk to her. He wouldn't say they were best friends or anything, but she got him and they hung out, so maybe she could help him calm down some. But she was swarmed and he didn't want to fuck up her good time right now. It didn't make much sense for him to be here, not where there were so many other people trying to get along and he was putting off bad vibes. Nah, he needed to get out and make something happen.

He needed help, and he had a pretty good idea where to look for it.

Ty shut his book and gave Lani a nod before heading out. On the way to the car, he pulled out his phone and started texting. He spent a little while waiting there, working out the details, before signing off with a satisfied grin and pulling up a number he hadn't seen in awhile. 'bout time he gave her a ring, really. He'd kick around town for a little while, just to give the plan time to set in motion. Then he'd make the call and show that smug little fucker that he wasn't playing games anymore.

((Ty Yazzie Continued In My Ball And Chain))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

SansaSaver
Player

February 7th, 2016, 11:40 pm #16

“Thanks Nate! I had so much stiff competition, so I’m sure it was neck-in-neck,” Joshua beamed, gently resting his pile of textbooks upon the table and placing himself in the nearest vacant spot, shuffling slightly as he did so. The hardback plastic chairs in the Beale Library had always proved themselves to be particularly uncomfortable for Joshua, especially ever since his sudden growth spurt midway through sophomore year, and he had to wiggle around in his seat before he didn’t feel quite so awkward.

As the group spoke, a senior that Joshua vaguely recognised from the theatre shows he attended for yearbook approached the group and introduced herself as Jane. Joshua was about to introduce himself in turn and was contemplating inviting her to sit with them before she promptly left, situating herself in a nearby seat. He was saddened that she hadn’t chosen to pursue any more conversation with the trio, but was still grateful that he at least now had a name to match the face whenever he next saw her around.

Opting not to comment on the brief encounter, Joshua instead focused on Nate’s inquiry about leaving, and Lani’s assurance that she herself would be comfortable with him remaining. The puppy-dog eyes that the other boy made when he questioned his welcomeness tugged at Joshua’s heartstrings; he couldn’t bear the thought of upsetting him. In Joshua’s mind, there’d been no question about Nate staying if the others wanted him to; he was none too eager to split the duo up, especially with the company they’d provided for each other before his arrival. Plus, if Nate was having trouble with the same Mathematics test, then that was even better; if he could help just one more person than he’d expected to, it’d make his day even brighter.

“Oh, of course that’s fine! The more the merrier, right?” As he spoke, he lifted the first textbook off the table and sifted through to the appropriate section. “Are you having trouble with the test too, Nate?”

There’d been so many questions to get through that Joshua had almost forgotten about the Tupperware container of baking Lani presented him with, which he now turned his full attention to. He had to hold back a gasp at the intricate detailing of the brightly-coloured citrus balls; the effort she would’ve put into preparing them was obvious. In Joshua’s eyes, this was the perfect sort of gift for him: something homemade, personal, and in no way material.

“Oh, and these citrus balls, Lani! Thank you so much! You must’ve spent so much time on them!” Gesturing towards the container, he nodded at both Lani and Nate, eyes alight with excitement. “Please, both of you, have one!”
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

February 9th, 2016, 11:08 pm #17

“Oh, sure! If Lani doesn’t mind.” Nate smiled, plucking up the courage to go for one of the balls without waiting for permission first, savouring a modest, yet zesty bite. “Mmm, these are great!”

Chewing and swallowing, he looked back and forth between Josh and Lani with a content smile. This was exactly what he needed after panicking for half the afternoon: some friendly people who were happy to lend a hand and who were happy to have him around too. The tasty baking was just an added bonus.

Still, he couldn’t help but catch sight of Jane over at the other table. Sat there all alone, even though she’d taken the time to stop and say hi. How was it fair that she didn't get any company either? Nate may have found Jane intimidating a lot of the time, but that didn't mean she should've been left out without a thought.

Oh, right, Josh had asked him a question.

“Hm? Oh, yeah, I’m really bad at math.” He nodded, but still distracted by Jane. She really did look left out, and maybe she just needed an invitation? The worst she could do was say she was busy, he figured. Which was fine.

“Hey, Jane?” he called, a deal louder than he really should’ve in a library. “Did you want to come study with us?”

“I mean, as long as that’s okay with you guys.” He asked, consideration drawn back to his two present companions. After all, he was the guest in this study session.

Somersault
Survivor

February 10th, 2016, 12:25 am #18

Jane continued to read Gone With The Wind, but her mind wandered while doing so. There were so many things she could be doing. She could be sailing the world, or god knows, just something other than being in school. Not that Jane was the kind of person who would skip school, but today, she wished she was.

Hearing Nate shout her name, Jane was suddenly interrupted from her thoughts. It was certainly one way to get somebody's attention. Even so, it couldn't hurt to go over and talk with them, couldn't it? "Well, why not? I'll be there in a few seconds."

Jane walked over to the table where everybody was seated, and took a seat. "So, hi again, I guess? I'm Jane, and what are your names?" Like, Jane wished she could probably be anywhere at this point, but maybe it would be a good idea to go and talk with some people. and try not be a bitch. Well, at least try.

Seeing Lani offer citrus balls, Jane's mouth watered. All this reading made her hungry, although- Well, fuck it. She'd at least ask, that was polite enough, right? "Oh, those look really good. Could I get one?" If Jane was being denied, it would not be for a lack of politeness. Not today, at least.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder
CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder

February 22nd, 2016, 12:17 pm #19

“Please, Joshua!” Lani began. “I’m sure you won by a landslide

She admired the kind of person that Joshua was. He came across as so calm and well put together; he was another strong role model for the student body. Kind was probably a fantastic descriptor. All these attributes made spending time with him in this kind of environment all the more enjoyable.

Lani was pleased that Joshua had let Nate stay. She enjoyed his company too; he seemed so much more earthed than half the school, and had comparability to her as well. She knew the studying would help Nate feel much more confident about the test, and he looked like he could do with a morale boost of some sort.

“I’m glad they taste good!” Lani mentioned as a giggle protruded from her lips. Her prayers had clearly been answered: she’d burnt far too many lemons than she would care to admit trying to get the batch as perfect as she possibly could. Without Flannery’s help, her persistence might well have been futile. Joshua had even offered her a taste of the creation, however she decided to decline, moving her hand in a dismissive wave. “So sweet of you Joshua, but I’m fine for the time being. You go ahead!”

Nate’s increased volume on his call out to Jane gave Lani a little bit of a jump. She wasn’t expecting it, that’s for sure, and hoped simply that a librarian wouldn’t heed the resounding voice. “Um. I’m fine; again, up to Joshua; he’s the tutor after all.” Trying to sound sensible, non-deflective, and of course, actually fine. The girl approached them, with a reintroduction Lani thought largely unnecessary. Maybe she had just felt the need to mention it twice? Lani smiled, coercing her wandering mind back into uniform.

“Hello Jane,” Lani started; she really didn’t know much about Jane, and from the initial interaction, she felt quite awkward—being around new and unfamiliar faces did that to her—but she hid it as best she could, to not make Jane well out of place. That would be worse. “My name is Lani.” She stated, continuing on. “It looks as though you know Nate already, and this is Joshua, my junior math tutor.”

Could she get one? Lani was taken a back briefly—it wasn’t the way she would go around asking for food that looks as though it were made out of special occasion. Again, Lani was being wrongfully judgmental; fair trial and all that? She shook it off. She wouldn’t hand Jane one herself, as there were of course not hers to give.

“My mum and I made them for Joshua; he’s really been helping me and my grades. They’ve actually jumped nearly a full letter grade!” The uneasiness returned. She didn’t really want to continue speaking, and while forcing the decision on or address of her question onto Joshua wasn’t a choice she wanted to make, she told herself it made more sense for him to be the one to respond.
Version Six:
Lani Salder ?
?I?m just like everyone else.?
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton ? ?Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars??
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche ? ?Well, at least you tried.?
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together
[+] spoiler
Pumpkin and Feta Freeform Tart with Mixed Leaf Salad
Deluxe Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

March 8th, 2016, 9:56 am #20

Nate listened to the conversation at hand until he was interrupted by the buzzing of a phone in his pocket, its beeping to announce that he’d gotten a text loud enough for all the library to hear. He never was one to remember to mute it in these sorts of places.

As he pulled it out and checked the screen, (it was an older model, of course; nothing flashy or cool) his heart skipped a beat. Typical that he’d forget what he was supposed to be doing right then and there instead of being in the library. Why wasn’t he better at keeping track of things?

“Ah, geez.” He whimpered, standing up in his chair. “I’m sorry guys, I’ve got to go.”

He slung his backpack up over his shoulder, hurrying out of the library before he had time to realise that he was supposed to restack all the books he’d taken down.

((Nate Turner continued elsewhere))