Let Be Friends Or Enemies! (Otherwise known as the thread that I should have made a long time ago)

Primrosette
Winner

November 6th, 2015, 2:53 pm #1

Yeah, I should have really done this relationship thread a long time ago. But well, it is here now for my two characters so feel free to PM me or post in this thread about what relationships your own characters may have with mine.
Brendan Harte wrote: Name: Brendan Harte
Grade: 12th
School: Cochise High School
Hobbies and interests: Swimming, reading, writing and running.

Appearance: Brendan is a very tall and a lanky teenager for his age. He is at the height of 6'4" and at the weight of 174Ibs, he does have a very muscular body due to swimming regularly. Brendan is a child of Asian-American descent, although his white skin has a slight brown tan from swimming so much. He has an angled jawline and his lips are small and are always in a frowning position. His nose is slightly bent to the left side of his face and his eyes are emerald green and a rounded shape. His hair is very short, black and has slight curls at the bottom. He mostly has a clean face and he has a mole just under his left eye.

Brendan's wardrobe normally is whatever he wants to wear. Most of the time, he would be seen wearing a red hoodie, blue jeans, black t-shirts and sometimes in the winter, he would wear a black coat to keep himself warm. On the day of the trip, Brendan was wearing a plain black t-shirt, a grey hoodie, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Biography: Brendan Harte was born on July 29th, 1997, to Gregg Harte and Yoko Nagasaki. Yoko was a wild girl at a young age and she had a one-night stand with a gentle-hearted Gregg Harte. Yoko didn't tell Gregg of Brendan's birth until he was actually born and she left her son in Gregg's arms, saying that she could not deal with the responsibility of being a parent. Gregg wasn't sure what to do and he asked his parents to help him support his own child, which they did. Gregg had tried to pursue Yoko to help raise their son, but Yoko told him that she hadn't wanted a child at all and she just paid Gregg child support to help him out with Brendan. When Yoko left with her parents to France, Gregg was devastated that Brendan wouldn't get to know his mother at all. As Brendan got to the age of five, he had wondered why he had no mother and he asked Gregg about his mother. Gregg broke the news that his mother had abandoned him and his father promised that he wouldn't abandon him, comforting his crying son in his arms. Brendan was only upset at his father for about a year or so for not trying hard enough to stop his mother from leaving.

Brendan was mostly raised by his grandparents, Bernice and Gareth Harte, at a very young age and he was thankful for their love and support. Gregg tried to spend time with his son but he struggled as he was more focused on his work as a policeman than his own son and Brendan just started to hate his own father and just think of him as a complete stranger. Brendan only told Gregg once that Bernice and Gareth are his real parents instead of him. Bernice and Gareth both became concerned with Brendan's behavior towards his own father and Gregg was sad over the fact that his own son was showing nothing but complete hatred towards him. Brendan was more happy to live with his grandparents as he disliked being at home all alone at the age of six and he was distancing himself more from his father.

At the age of six, Bernice and Gareth took Brendan to his first swimming lesson and he absolutely enjoyed it. Swimming just made Brendan feel like he was free from all his worries and troubles in his life. He is worried that his father will one day break his promise, abandon him like his mother and realise his fear of being alone forever. Bernice and Gareth both forced Brendan to spend time with his father at the swimming pool and they both had a fun time together. Brendan regrets holding a grudge against his own father, but they are now slowly getting along which makes Gregg and his parents all happy that Brendan's behavior is getting better. At his lessons, Brendan managed to make a few friends despite his very shy and awkward behavior with other people. He continued to do swimming a lot with his grandparents and his friends and he was happy to have been introduced to his first hobby by them. He continues to love that sport to this very day.

Brendan wasn't very good at socializing with other kids in elementary or in middle school as he enjoyed to focus more time on himself and his small group of friends. The teachers had tried to get Brendan into working on subjects with other people or clubs but Brendan prefers to work more independently and he didn't really like clubs. Brendan was a student who was bullied easily since he wouldn't stand up to bullies due to his shy and clumsy nature. Once he tried to stand up to a bully and he ended up having his nose broken. He told his father about what happened and Gregg told him to try to stay away from any more bullies and hope that they will not mess with him. Brendan was too scared to get hurt again and he didn't have the courage to stand up to other bullies. Because of his cowardly nature, his friends got tired of how he was acting and they abandoned him. Brendan felt so betrayed by his friends' actions and it caused him to break down in his father's arms. Gregg and his parents tried their best to cheer Brendan up by telling him that he will one day make friends again in the future and Brendan was relieved to hear this as he did want to have friends again.

Brendan sometimes liked to be alone in his own little world thanks to his father buying him books to read if he was bored of watching TV at home. Brendan would always bury his head into books that piqued his interest which were mostly crime and mystery novels. As he continued to read books, he started to write his own short stories at the age of thirteen. He mostly liked to write his stories of the romance and horror genres. However, he was never satisfied when he has his villains killed off in the end, but he still enjoys his time of coming up with ideas in his own controlled world on paper. He tries to make his villains have happy endings but he notices that they never get to be with the one that they love. So he just continues to make the heroes win or he will just leave some of his stories at a cliffhanger as he did believe that villains will never be happy and he did actually prefer to make the heroes have better lives than the villains. He is also afraid that his readers in the future would not like the endings of the stories if he made the villains win. He also has kept his writing a secret from his father and his grandparents as he is afraid that they won't like his stories. Brendan dreams of one day becoming a famous author.

Other than swimming, Brendan had always loved running around on his own to keep himself fit and to let him think about what he wants to do with his life. Brendan is sad that he can't do this activity with his grandparents. However, he is pleased when his father sometimes does go with him on jogs to spend time bonding with his son more at the young age of fifteen. He has also joined the track team as he thinks that it will help him be more competitive with other students and make it more fun for himself.

Brendan never really thought of exploring what kind of sexuality that he would have at the age of sixteen, that is until he met Bernadette Thomas, who became his first crush and friend at Cochise High School. However, when he discovered that she had a boyfriend, he decided to try to focus on being friends with her and he secretly cheers for her to be happy with the one that she loves. Brendan also has a good friendship with Bernadette's boyfriend, Tyler Yazzie, although at times Brendan does feel a bit scared of Ty. He is still good friends with his swimming group of friends and he does hang out with them outside of school. He is only really friends with Bernadette and Ty at Cochise school as he still struggles to open up to other students and he is still afraid that he would get bullied again. He is becoming more friendly towards his friends and he is willing to help them out if any of them are having problems with schoolwork or any other personal problems. Brendan discovered that he is bisexual as he is interested in both sexes, but he is more into boys than girls. However, he is afraid of having a romantic relationship as he is worried that it will end up as badly as his parents' relationship. Brendan has told his father and his grandparents of his bisexuality and they are very supportive of his sexuality.

Brendan's grades at Cochise have been unsatisfying to him, as he found out that he has been failing in his two least favorite subjects, math and science. Brendan has forced himself to study harder for those subjects and he has asked his father to get him a tutor to help him with those two subjects. His favorite subject, English, is of the grade of an A and in art, his grade is that of a B. He is also doing very well in the subject of PE by achieving the grade of A. Brendan really dislikes doing algebra in math as he really struggles with it and he doesn't like doing of the experiments in science and he finds that science is too boring for him. He really enjoys doing literature in English as it helps him learn more about writing, he really loves doing sketches in art of self-portraits as they inspire him to be more creative and artistic and in PE, he really likes doing running on the track team as he finds it a lot of fun and he still loves doing swimming as well to keep fit. Brendan does not plan to go to college and he is going to get a job. He is still planning on becoming an author.

Advantages: Brendan will be very supportive of any of his friends, he is a very friendly person, his endurance could help him out of a sticky situation, he is very independent and he will help any of his friends that are in a bad situation.
Disadvantages: Brendan had a lot of trust issues, he doesn't have many friends, he can be very cowardly and he is an easy target for bullies.
What I'm looking for Brendan is friends, love interest (boy or girl), crushes, rivals, enemies, etc.

Relationships:
Bernadette Thomas: Best friends
Ty Yazzie: Friends
Dorothy Shelley: Friends
Scarlett McAfee: Friends
Fiyori Senay: Friends
Jennifer Wallace: Friends/Enemies(?)
Conrad Harrod: Swimming mates/friends
Lani Salder: Swimming mates/friends
Jeremiah Larkin: Acquaintances
Alessio Rigano: Dislikes
Darius Van Dyke: Enemy

Scarlett McAfee is a senior. She is a girl who tap dances. She also has an interest in the 2000s and its music and culture. She also is a Star Wars fan and an avid reader of Star Wars AU books and sci-fi books in general, writing and reading sci-fi stories from the internet herself. In her free time she practises playing the piano or likes to surf on the internet. She also has a big interest in chemistry and excels in it. Even extra-curricular she participated in competitions of it. Scarlett also likes to hang out with friends and tries to be friendly to everybody. She has an interest in laws and probably wants to become a lawyer or police officer.

Scarlett's relationships

Lizzie Luz - Best Friend
Henry Spencer- Crush
Cameron Herrig - Friends
Lily Caldwell - Friends
Dorothy Shelley - Science friends
Bradley Grant - Music friends
Jonathan Gulley - Music friends
Brendan Harte - Book friends
Asimah Djezari - Sci-fi poem
Cassie Venus - Acquaintances
Bryony Adams - Acquaintances
Irene Djezari - Acquaintances
Aaron Meyer - Friendly, kinda arrogant chemistry guy
Mia Rose - Friendly
Danny Brooks - Ex

Yeah, I think that's it. So feel free to message/post whenever you guys would like to : )
Their Time Is gone wrote:
[+] Spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
G014 - Scarlett McAfee: "I always liked you, y-you know...?"
G044 - Maria Cucinotta (Adopted): "Hah..."
[+] Spoiler
Emmett Bunnell: Artistic Loner
Violet Quinn: Quiet Goth

[+] Spoiler
Travis Levenson: 'Me? Nice? Please! You're being delusional...'
Tia Sullivan: 'This is a complete waste of my time....'
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'
Ravan Sharpe: 'Uh.... H-Hi.'

Leaf
Player

November 6th, 2015, 3:18 pm #2

Dorothy Shelley and Jonathan Gulley : Could know each other, but that's about it.

Dorothy Shelley and Brendan Harte: (see pm)
[+] Spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

KamiKaze
Winner

November 6th, 2015, 3:52 pm #3

You know, I kind of see something with Brendan and my girl Jennifer. I'm not sure if they'd be friendly or dislike each other, but they're both interested in writing and writing-based careers (Jennifer wants to be a journalist). They're also both in the Writing Club, so they'd at least know each other. However, Jennifer, while reasonably quiet and introverted, can be blunt and occasionally snarky. I get the feeling she would perhaps make someone as shy as Brendan nervous? She's also a meticulous critic, so if she ever reads any of his work she might get nitpicky. She tries not to be rude about it, though; she'll tell you what needs to be changed in the most blunt of terms, but she'll legitimately help you edit it. Thoughts on how he would see her?

Junko would like Jonathan, at the very least. They're both skater-y types, though Junko likes rollerblading. She's more of an "action" person than she is a "horror" person, but I'd imagine that she would sit down to watch 80s horror as well (I've already established her as playing horror games such as FNAF as well, if that means anything). Bonus points: she's super for LGBT rights because she has same-sex parents and identifies as pansexual. She also probably won't hold it against him for underage drinking and going to parties, since I ended up making her a bit of a stoner. So, she wouldn't be one to judge.

I think Ems would dislike Jonathan to some extent, though. She's not someone who would be cruel to him, as she's a rather kind and sweet person. But, she also goes to the tutoring club. Emma is super into studying. and is particularly interested in science (especially medicine/biology). The reason why she needs help with her work is because she has a chronic illness that can make it difficult for her to study. I'd imagine that she'd see him as a slacker who is completely uninterested in school, which might frustrate her. She wouldn't be catty about it, though. At worst, she might get snippy. I think otherwise she would see him as a decent, friendly person, just with flaws.

Thoughts?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] Spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] Spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Primrosette
Winner

November 9th, 2015, 12:57 pm #4

(Sorry for taking so long to reply, Kamikaze.)

With Brendan and Jennifer, I think they will have one of those like/dislike relationship with each other. He might be inspired by her ideas for writing and how to possibly get better at it in the future. Although her blunt and snarkiness may make his confidence in his writing skills may go down due to him thinking that his writings are not good enough. He will listen to her advice even if it will make him feel down for a while and then he will try to work in the areas that he is lacking in. I think they would be friends but with some flaws between the both of them. What do you think?

Yeah, I can see Jonathan and Junko being friends. I could see them hanging out and possibly having a good laugh together. Those bonus points are great to be added as well.

Jonathan will be slightly annoyed with Emma (Or should I call her Ems?) for thinking that he is a slacker even if he is getting the help that he needs from a tutor. He will still try to be friendly to her as he knows that she is a kind person but he will get easily sensitive if she is too snippy with him. He will have a slight dislike for her but he secretly wants to be friends with her even if they do things differently with their lives.

[+] Spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'

Riki
Winner

November 10th, 2015, 12:35 pm #5

I have a distant feeling that Fiyori and Brendan kinda in some ways have a friendship of some sorts.
[+] Spoiler
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
[+] Spoiler
Lucilly Peterson wrote: Lucilly Peterson 0 % ♪Laing - Paradies Naiv♪ Porno Magazine
||Seeds||Day||Still||
||Dream|Island|Sideshow|Soul|dr36m|Paradies||
Johnny Ray McKay wrote: Johnny McKay Dead Tracking Bug and Transponder
||Breaths||Pizza|People 2||Fortune||
||Girlfriend|Needles|Thanos|Blanc|Demons|Hasty|Another|Hyphaema|Minus|Anemia|Eternal Happiness||
[+] Spoiler
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] Spoiler
SnoopDommyDommmy: specialist subject in Mastermind is "History of Defecation in Wrestling"

Ruggahissy: We are the law now and our law keeps the streets clean O_O
Kilmarnock: XD Good.
Kilmarnock: Yaaaay for being the law.

Kermit: I asked a kid who had a crush on me. But I pretty much only gave him a hug so I guess that wasn't nice of me
Kermit: My friends said I was rude not to have at least offered him a blow job
Kermit: Apparently that would have been the polite thing to do

SpiralAgnew: Here, have something sad-looking
Bikriki: I must add this to my collection of pics that show people crying.
SpiralAgnew: XD You actually have one of those?
Whirly: I was going to say "Ian, of course he has a collection like that. He's German."

cos frankly the idea of trying to turn all your straight female characters into lesbians amuses me hugely

Uno: You seem excited. did Bambi's mom get reincarnated as a bug you just swatted?

Skraal: would it be correct to say you've sucked on a lot of black ones?
TtMaR: They taste nicer
TtMaR: Better shape, too.
TtMaR: They fit neatly into your mouth,.

Bikriki: My hometown is not a very indication of my personality.
Bikriki: Because as far as I can recall, I am neither ugly nor full of minorites
Bikriki: Though I would not mind the latter.
Bikriki winks

Shangela: Facials for the greater good.

Shangela: I work you into climax, what happens afterward is none of my concern.
Wes: Says the world's most detached sexecutioner.

OH NO DECISIONS
CAN I AGONISE FOR ATLEAST 3 WEEKS CONSTANTLY CHANGING MY MIND??

Shangela: Did you stop high school genocide with your cock, Sansa?
Sansa: yes yes i did
Sansa: sunshine and happiness wasn't working so i had to take drastic measures

Wes: Welcome to SotF chat
Wes: Your weekly forecast: Nipples n' butts, if the pattern holds

Ruggawork: Yeah Aloha was a zygot with a keyboard shoved up his mom's uterus

<WES> Riki would never say or do anything sexual. He is a flower of innocence and purity.
<WES> If he was heroin, he'd be blue magic

Ruggahissy - Today at 11:10 PM
When I was 10 a kid kept calling me "Victoria's Secret" so I chased him, knocked him down and then stomped on him
He stopped
[+] Spoiler

Primrosette
Winner

November 10th, 2015, 12:37 pm #6

I have to agree with you, Bikriki. I can see a friendship blooming between them.
[+] Spoiler
V6
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

November 21st, 2015, 12:27 am #7

Hey, Prim. Do you still want Rick to be one of Brendan's crushes? Sorry that we haven't spoken more about it.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Primrosette
Winner

November 22nd, 2015, 9:20 pm #8

Sorry for taking a while to reply to you, Random! I kind of still like the idea of Brendan having a crush on Rick. Although, I hope you are alright with it.
[+] Spoiler
V6
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

November 24th, 2015, 3:38 am #9

Yeah I'm fine with it! Sorry also about taking a while to get back to you.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Primrosette
Winner

November 24th, 2015, 9:09 am #10

That's cool! Don't worry about it, Random! ^^
[+] Spoiler
V6
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Primrosette
Winner

January 11th, 2016, 11:42 am #11

I have added Scarlett McAfee and her relationships to the thread (thanks to RC!). And I got rid of people who might not be in the game. If I am wrong about who is and who is not in the game. Please tell me and I will put them back in. I know that the format is different for her but that's okay for now. : )
[+] Spoiler
V6
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

April 27th, 2016, 2:28 am #12

If you still check this, Scarlett's best friend is Crisanto's little sister, so she might know him. We should discuss.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken