It's not like I like you or anything

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

January 7th, 2018, 12:37 pm #1

Holy schmoly I finally made a relationship thread. Still early days, but I have an initial concept who needs stuff:
[+] spoiler
Daniel "Danny" Livingstone
Danny is a lifelong dancer, and conforms to the image very easily. Passionate to a fault, he is known for throwing himself into situations and relationships, letting his heart rule his head without a second thought, or even a first. It wouldn't be right to say that he's easy going though, quite the opposite in fact: he has a notorious perfectionist streak with his work, and the aformentioned passion means he can get very hot-headed with people who interfere. That's not to say he won't apologise to you later, assuming you don't piss him off substantially. Would identify as pansexual if he took the time to think about it properly: he's far more interested in the personality he dates than anything else, and he's had a few whirlwind romances amongst the student base.

Currently, Danny is very frustrated with his work, feeling that he lacks enough life experience to convey anything meaningful. Also of the mind that he's made his way through most of Chattanooga, he's got his mind set on broader horizons after graduation, ambitious to start travelling. I suspect he'll probably have a part time job somewhere to help save money for this. His style has roots in ballet, which he may or may not still take, but I'm hardly an expert in that so he's going to be quite diverse in what different types of dance he incorporates (read: make it up as I go along).

What I'm after:
- Exes and maybe people who'd be interested in doing a romance in pregame.
- Relationships with his fellow dancers, considering his perfectionism.
- Friends outside of dancing for him to chill out with and play off in a different context. Remember, Danny would try pretty much anything once just to say he had.
- If anyone works somewhere, maybe he could be coworkers with them.
- Anything else you might be interested in.
[+] spoiler
Myles Roux - "It didn't work out."
Adele Jones - "TAKE IT SERIOUSLY ALREADY!"
Joanne Coleman - "At least someone gets it./BITCH GET OUT OF MY FACE."
Daniel "Danny" Chamnanma
yeah i can have two dannys big whoop wanna fight about it?

Danny is Mr. Generic. He is Thai by race but American by birth, likes volleyball, cooking, anime, gaming, and singing. He would like to be a cook as a profession but isn't really confident that he could do it. He also gets more reports on league than he should but is a nice guy otherwise. He works part time at The Blue House. He is that guy that you remember from high school but not for anything particularly notable.

What I'm after:
- Everything! Danny's supposed to be a versatile guy who speaks to several social groups, so he needs friends from all over.
- Romantic relationships are a thing but I'm not hung up on it. I'm assuming he is straight but haven't actually set it in stone deliberately.
- He also wants to join a band so let him know if you're in a band.
- There's also no harm in some people not liking him. Not until the island, anyway.
[+] spoiler
Andy Silverman - "He's a really cool guy, kind of admire him. Needs a new lead singer though."
Myles Roux - "Dir En Grey!!!"
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "I play volleyball with her."
Abaynesh Dula - "She's pretty lucky. I like her tagines."
Ned Jackson - "I've talked about anime with him a few times. His voices are kind of funny."
Joanne Coleman - "She's cool, I guess."
Charelle Chernyshyova - "Oh man guys, I think she wants to jump my bones? And that's totally fine. Totally."
Lucas Brady
Lucas is an outsider in more ways than one. Intellectually gifted and very conscious of world events, Lucas loves discussing politics with anyone who will return the favour and can keep up. At the same time, Lucas is on the right-wing side of the spectrum, and whilst he tries to keep an open mind to left-wing views, he's quite stubborn about his beliefs. He can and will be perfectly diplomatic, but if he thinks you're an idiot he'll tell you as much. I'm happy to go into specifics about what his ideologies are if you think it'd be necessary background information, but there's just as much fun to be had in asking him directly!

Whilst he generally prefers the company of adults, particularly his grandfather, he is trying harder to connect with people his own age and would very much like having some more friends. That said, he also tends to default to talking about things that don't interest him to engage with people if he thinks his opinions might be controversial, so be prepared to not get to know the real Lucas if you don't share and aren't interested in his mindset.

What I'm after:
- Discussion buddies, for better or worse
- Acquaintances he does his diplomatic shallow-speak with
- Maybe one or two people to be/become close friends if they think they'd be compatible with his personality
- Relationships with other people on the student council
- Anything else

(Please keep in mind Lucas' profile is still pending approval and hence subject to change)

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 7th, 2018, 6:30 pm #2

Myles and Danny seem to have very similar approaches to relationships, so I see two main possibilities:

1. If they've ever been involved it was probably great for two weeks and then they got tired of each other. Probably not very bitter exes, at least on Myles's end (he has all his bitterness saved up for Blaise), but unlikely to have remained very close.

2. If they haven't been in a relationship, I see the possibility of flirting, probably with the knowledge on at least one side that they're too similar for it to work out but hey, it's tempting.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 7th, 2018, 6:35 pm #4

Myles has more exes than pairs of socks.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Somersault
Survivor

January 8th, 2018, 8:53 am #5

ADELE IS A ~DANCER~ but kinda casual about it bc she mainly does it as part of the titty brigade, but is actually quite focused on swimming, so there might be some bad blood between that, but she will attempt to MEDIATE THE HATE or smth. idk!
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 18th, 2018, 10:48 pm #8

Andy and Danny 2.0 would probably know each other as fellow athletes. Andy is also in a band but they're full up so I'd imagine he awkwardly shuffles away when Danny asks about it.
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

January 18th, 2018, 10:50 pm #9

I love the idea of Danny constantly asking if there's a slot open in the band every time Andy complains about it. I also think the two have much in common and Danny probably thinks Andy is pretty cool for actually wanting to do his thing. These two should be good chums.

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm #10

Slam wrote:I love the idea of Danny constantly asking if there's a slot open in the band every time Andy complains about it. I also think the two have much in common and Danny probably thinks Andy is pretty cool for actually wanting to do his thing. These two should be good chums.
Nice! Looking at his profile, I also see that he and Myles actually share a favorite band, so maybe they could chat about music sometime.
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler