It's all fire and brimstone, baby.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

December 6th, 2014, 12:53 pm #1

I guess that people don’t want to talk about ACT because talking about it makes it real. That’d be my guess. Like, you don’t see anyone really talking about it, not like those terrorists in Guinea or the kidnappings in Mexico. Those problems are like… they’re local. And America, they’re the least ‘local’ place there could be - the entire world is America’s sandbox, you know? So like, if someone kidnaps a kid or whatever in the sandbox, it’s like - eh, sandbox rules. That shit happens, sand gets everywhere, it’s messy. Sandbox problems. But the ACT… that’s some heavy bullshit. That’s our turf, man. That’s not some snotty brat knocking over a sandbox, that’s not spilled milk. That’s someone coming into your house through the back door you forgot to lock and stealing your family’s heirlooms. That’s someone just running over your shit, over and over, going through your underwear drawers… and that’s scary, you know? That’s scary as fuck. We’re taught from a young age, like… we’re taught from when we’re kids to fuckin’ hide under the covers from the bogeyman. Because like, you turn off your flashlight and you hide under the covers - boom, you’re safe. That shit is a shield. And for us, now, ACT is in our closet, and it’s opening the door, and rather than face the ACT we’re collectively pulling the blanket over our bodies and shutting off the fuckin’ flashlight. That’s what we do, man. That’s human nature. What better way of dealing with a problem than to completely fuckin’ ignore that shit? -- Darnell Stevens, Comedian in an interview with The Huffington Post
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.