Introduction Thread

GameMaker
Survivor

11:50 PM - Jan 04, 2009 #1

Well, as we've currently had a bunch of new people coming in, and I'm lazy, and I want to greet them all, I decided that it was kind of annoying to have to have them all make their own threads, no? So, in that train of thought, I made this thread.

So, what is this thread? Simple. Just a place to introduce yourself, and say 'hello' to everyone. I figured that it would be a lot more convenient for all you new guys, and more convenient for all of us, too, rather than have a bunch of welcome threads filling up General Discussion.
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD

nope
Winner

11:52 PM - Jan 04, 2009 #2

HELLO I AM JAMES

I DO NOT KNOW HOW WORK THIS WHAT IS RP?

Yossarian
Player

11:57 PM - Jan 04, 2009 #3

I had a similar idea, but of course, I forgot about it. Oh well...

Anyway great idea!

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
[+] Spoiler

GameMaker
Survivor

12:02 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #4

Oh- and one more thing: James shows an excellent way not to post. If you're new, make sure to read the rules, as well as the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). After that, I'd check out the Announcements subforum, and if you're looking for a great way to spend some time, read Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of SotF! (Survival Of The Fittest) It's excellent writing, if I do say so myself, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Oh, and just a little preemptive 'Welcome!' to all, because, as I said above, I'm lazy.

And Yoss- well, you stole my 'Happy Birthday SotF Help' thread idea, so now we're even

EDIT: Oh, and I got so caught up in the other stuff I forgot to say the other thing that was wrong about James' post. Do not type in all Caps Lock. Ever. It's not a good thing. And now that that's been said, I hope you enjoy SotF!
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD

nope
Winner

12:12 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #5

OH YEAH & WELCOME NEW DUDES. FEEL FREE TO BE MY BFF I AM VERY FRIENDLY

(ALSO IGNORE GM. EVERYONE WILL LOVE YOU IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS)

Mimi
Winner

12:13 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #6

There seem to be a lot of rules for just an introduction thread.

FYI: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Kaybee
Cannon Fodder
Kaybee
Cannon Fodder

7:11 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #7

Sorry for adding to the "Hey I'm new" thread clutter, and thanks for your pre-emptive welcome.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WE CAN'T USE CAPS LOCK?! (Sarcasm makes it okay, right? ...Right? :P)
Signature goes here.

Jonny
Leader

8:41 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #8

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT I JUST HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY. FEELS MORE NATURAL THAT WAY, FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Umm... yeah.

*waves hello sheepishly*

So far I've flopped around in the chatroom and posted one V4 character, but official hellos are cool too. Hello, folks! I like what you've got going here and I intend to ruin it only slightly.

Ares
Winner

9:07 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #9

Hi, my name is Scipher and I'm an alcoholic who will most likely hit on you if you are a female above the age of 18.

I'm a mod, been here since V2. All of my characters except for one have been based on my friends at the start of their journeys. What happens to them along the way, well, they may stray from their RL counterparts.

CAPSLOCK ON CRUISE IS LIKE BARRENS CHAT - I think like 3 people will get that reference

I am of the opinion that I love the fact we are getting an assload of new members, but I am also of the opinion that TV Tropes is stupid, and I hate it when people use Trope terminology in posts, chats, real life conversation.

Anyways, welcome all, and if you have any questions...ask Crash and leave me alone on my porch with my shotgun and jug of whiskey
Is in...

Rattlesnake
Winner

9:54 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #10

I was going to comment on how bad of an into thread this was. But then I saw a couple actual intros, rendering my pontification moot. Also, Death disapproves with not typing in caps lock. Of course, he's prolly got an all-caps font, seeing as he has caps that are caps among caps in the sense that they are bigger caps than the other caps. Also also, "caps" no longer looks like a word.

On a more serious note, how exactly does one go about reading through v1 and v2? I mean, there's a bajillion threads in a bazillion areas, each with a zillion people doing a grillion different things, and there's not much way to tell the order except by looking for post dates.

(A final, less serious note [again]: "bajillion" is evidentally not a word. Neither is grillion. But zillion and bazillion are A-OK.)
[+] Spoiler
G065 KK Konipaski - "I killed a girl today. I think. And I didn't make a lot of friends with it. You don't bleed that much and walk away, I know that."
Skidded to a halt in the Central Park with the Basket-Hilted Rapier, Swordbreaker, Butterfly Knife, Stinger.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

B060 Matthew Young - "What brings you to the beach on this crappy day?"
Taking a sand nap in the Eastern Inlet with the iPod from Heck
1 2 3 4

G075 Tessa Blackridge - "Oh. ...I left quite a mess, didn't I?"
Staring down the cold hand of Death in the Bike Trails with the Pepper Spray
1 2
[+] Spoiler
B055 Nick Reid - "Put that thing down, and neither of us have to die."
Troubled no more in the Mountains with the Molotov (x1), Estoc, Jutte

G090 Kari Nichols - "please..."
Sleeping forever in the Logging Road with the Nothing

B088 Cody Jenkins - "They won't come, you know."
Decomposing in the Northern Cliffs with the Middle Finger (x1)
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Namira
Mr. Danya

10:14 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #11

I've heard bajillion used before.

Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character. All the characters have a list of threads they featured in on their profile page. Then just pick a character and go through it that way. It's not the best, but believe me I've tried ordering the threads chronologically and it's A) Very headache inducing for me and B ) Probably more trouble than it's worth, because the above method works too.

And welcome Rattlesnake. Death rocks.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

laZardo
Winner

11:15 AM - Jan 05, 2009 #12

Hi, I'm Laz. You may remember me from such threads as The Last Gilroyal and Where The Sinners Gather.

I'm SotF's resident paranoiac. I've been here since the previous SotF site and am known to senselessly whore my characters and generally piss people the fuck off just to vent, especially when it comes to TVTropes.

Also, have some pie.

Jonny
Leader

7:01 PM - Jan 05, 2009 #13

Clueless wrote: Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character.
Where "a particular character" = "Adam Dodd".

In all seriousness, this page has a good list of the characters you might consider following.

dmboogie
Winner

7:50 PM - Jan 05, 2009 #14

Hello all. I've already made my (almost) final drafts of my V4 charries, so I'll be ready to jump into the pregames, whenever they start. I was introduced here by Tv Tropes,(Which is an awesome site whatever ya say about it) and I'm hoping the pregames start soon!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Namira
Mr. Danya

8:16 PM - Jan 05, 2009 #15

Jonny wrote:
Clueless wrote: Anyway, what people tend to do is visit the Wiki and pick a particular character.
Where "a particular character" = "Adam Dodd".

In all seriousness, this page has a good list of the characters you might consider following.
There's more than one character in the version ya know, and plenty just as interesting.

Also: Gawd, watch the spoilers eh?

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith