Winner
Winner

February 4th, 2015, 5:23 pm #1276

Welcome back, Xaldien!

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 5th, 2015, 11:58 pm #1277

Welcome back, Xaldien! It's always cool to see folks return (granted I was like barely a member when you were active I think, so you probably don't remember me ><).

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

February 6th, 2015, 6:04 am #1278

And now we have assumed complete control!
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
MuseMan
Cannon Fodder

March 15th, 2015, 7:22 pm #1279

Uh, hi. Hopefully this is still the place where everyone introduces themselves, or I'll look like a bit of a tool otherwise. I'm MuseMan, as the icon on the left probably already told you, and now that preparations for V6 are beginning I figured I'd try to overcome my trepidation and stick my head in. I do have some roleplaying experience, though it's mostly of the tabletop variety. The amount of free time I have is limited at best, but hopefully I should still be able to take part, assuming I don't bug the hell out of everybody.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 15th, 2015, 8:46 pm #1280

Heya, MuseMan, and welcome to SOTF! You should take a look at the Mini, the chat, and the New Handler's Guide, to help you get an idea of how we work and how we differ from other RPs (the last also has a bit on board etiquette for better non-bugging chances). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staffer (we have purple names). We hope you enjoy it here!

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

March 23rd, 2015, 8:59 pm #1281

Hi, I'm privyet. I'm new to SOTF (and stuff like this in general) but not to roleplaying. It looks like I joined at a good time, considering the last game just ended!

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 23rd, 2015, 9:06 pm #1282

Heya, Privyet! I know you've already encountered all the stuff I usually link since we talked about the New Handler's Guide in chat, so I'll just extend a welcome here. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staffer (we have purple names). Glad to have you aboard.

Maromar
Cannon Fodder
Maromar
Cannon Fodder

March 26th, 2015, 9:53 pm #1283

Hail and well met!

I came across this merry little corner of bloodshed from the land of TV tropes, Iv'e been doing RPs for four years now and also dabble in PC strategy games. I'm quite happy that I could sign up for this site before the beginning of season six, SoTF reminds me a lot of "Lord of the Flies" and seems to be one of the more well-written boards I've stalked (discounting S1, though it has a value of its own if only for hilarity).

I look forward to making carnage with all of you.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters:Uriah Bryd

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 26th, 2015, 9:57 pm #1284

Hey, Maromar! Welcome to SOTF! You should check out the Mini, the chat, and the New Handler's Guide. I'm glad you've already done some poking around, and yeah, V1 is very different from how things work now. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staffer (we have purple names). We hope you like it here!

Cicada Days
Winner

March 29th, 2015, 3:16 pm #1285

Ayyy, so I do the thing and introduce myself. I've casually stalked this RP for some time, it seems so well done and inclusive due to how it's set up, but I haven't really had the time to make a pass at joining until now. Good timing given v6 is revving up and all!

I've already looked through a lot of the resources and I'm drafting up a character concept, but I suppose I have to be that guy who has questions off the bat: Is SOTF temporally in the present 2015ish? Need to know for character timelines and all. If I'm not mistaken we can have a character from any high school grade level Freshman-Senior for v6? And finally I don't seem to see many people who will run two characters of their roster as siblings. Is it explicitly frowned upon by rule or just avoided for other reasons?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

March 29th, 2015, 5:12 pm #1286

Welcome, Cicada Days, to Survival of the Fittest! You should take a look at the Mini, the chat, and the New Handler's Guide. I see you already have some questions which I'll try to answer in just a moment, but as a reminder, staff members (anybody with a purple name on the boards) are always available to answer whatever questions you may have.

A lot of your queries have been answered at the V6 Q&A Thread, but I can give some abbreviated versions. V6 will be taking place in as close to present time as we can make, so yes, 2015. You can only make students from junior or senior grades, NOT freshman or sophomore, and the same handler writing two siblings is not explicitly forbidden in our rules... but we do frown upon it slightly because it doesn't really promote interactivity. In the past, handlers who have written a pair of siblings by themselves tend to have written with themselves or with a very restricted group, and we try to encourage everybody to write with as many people as possible. That's the name of the game, here!

What you might be able to do, though, is get somebody else to write the other sibling. There's a very high chance somebody will be more than willing to join you.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 29th, 2015, 6:49 pm #1287

Heya, Cicada Days! Welcome to SOTF. I see you've gotten most of your answers, so I'll just go ahead and elaborate briefly on the discussion of characters being related.

One of the biggest reasons we suggest avoiding it is that, historically, characters written together have not often been their writers' best works. Due to the SOTF medium and style, it can really easily lead to one character taking precedence in an awkward and unnatural way that damages both stories, to both characters being used to try to indirectly characterize each other in really forced ways, or to a bunch of redundancy and awkwardness in scenes due to attempts to give them equal precedence. It usually doesn't come out well, even in the hands of otherwise-capable writers. Because this is only an issue of quality, we don't have explicit rules forbidding it--if someone really wants to try, they're welcome to--but we highly caution against it because in the past nine out of ten times it has led to the weakening of characters who otherwise had pretty solid potential.

If you'd like to chat about your ideas in that respect further, or some of the issues I've seen arise, please feel totally free to drop me a PM. Once again, welcome to SOTF! We hope you enjoy it here.

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 29th, 2015, 9:00 pm #1288

MK Kilmarnock wrote:You can only make students from junior or senior grades, NOT freshman or sophomore
Not to contradict Ricky here, but to clarify a little, in pregame you can theoretically put a character in any grade, but only juniors and seniors will be able to go into v6 proper.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 29th, 2015, 9:45 pm #1289

The Burned Handler wrote:
MK Kilmarnock wrote:You can only make students from junior or senior grades, NOT freshman or sophomore
Not to contradict Ricky here, but to clarify a little, in pregame you can theoretically put a character in any grade, but only juniors and seniors will be able to go into v6 proper.
Sort of! To clarify: any non-Junior/Senior characters would be submitted through the NPC process, the details of which we haven't put up yet. It's a subtle distinction, but one that can be fairly important in how everything plays out (and a lot of it has to do with allocation of staff resources--full critiques can take a bunch of time and effort and while it's fine and expected for lots of characters to not reach the game proper, when there's not even a chance of them doing so due to the rules of the game, we'd rather avoid it).

BCTheEntity
Cannon Fodder
BCTheEntity
Cannon Fodder

April 16th, 2015, 7:39 am #1290

It kind of seems like this whole thing is starting to not be alive, almost, judging by how few people are present anywhere in it, and especially considering the time it took me to get validated. Still, I suppose it's probably a good show to introduce myself, so hi there, anyone reading this! I'm BC.
I am new to the board.
Losers Dead At My Hands: 0
Tombs Raided: 0
Guns Achieved: N/A
Aliens Shot Down: 0
Want to be friends with my V6 characters? Talk about that here: s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7534815/1/