January 13th, 2011, 12:43 am #11

"Hey Acacia. You, um... you heard all that didn’t you?"

Nodding imperceptibly in the darkness, Acacia sat down, cross-legged, on the floor to Roman's left. The moon was behind her, casting her face into shadow, and she watched her own profile flit across him before she settled back against a stump. The harsh, colourless light reflected off his features, and Acacia fought to steady her voice before answering.

"Yes."

There was agony written across his features, so much pain that it hurt just to look at him. So instead she stared up at the sky, and for a while they were silent, each lost to their own thoughts. She was supposed to have awoken Jojo for his shift ten minutes ago, but she didn't want to. Didn't want to fall asleep where her thoughts could take her anywhere and her dreams were becoming more vivid and unsettling with each passing night. All around them was peaceful; the nearby scuffling of a rodent in the dust, the chatter of an insect, the far off call of a bird. A faint smell of gunpower in the air tingled with excitement like fireworks on the Fourth of July. A few shots ripped through the air from far away. Acacia turned her own gun over in her hand. It was still loaded from the first day, not a single shot had been fired from it. It was probably the only virginal gun still on the island, she didn't know what it was she was hanging on to. She looked from the gun to Roman. Back to the gun. Back to Roman. Back to the gun.

She could end it. She could end it right now. There was nothing they could do to save him, and Acacia wasn't sure how much longer she could go on watching him die. Her heart thudded as she realised what she was thinking. Murder? Euthanasia? They're they same thing. The gun seemed to gain a hundred pounds, it was trapping her hand against her knee, she couldn't move it. Acacia looked at Alex's sleeping form on Roman's other side, to Jessica just beyond her, to Jojo, who was sleeping perpendicular at their feet. If they knew what she was thinking... But it was only a thought. Nobody ever got killed by a thought. It was when they acted on those transient ideas: that was when people ended up dead.

It was just a thought! Acacia glanced at the gun in her hand. There was no way she could use that, the other three would awaken in an instant, and at any rate she didn't know where to point it. Didn't know where would kill and where wouldn't, where might end up just making the pain worse and the death no faster. She released the gun from her grip, dropping it into the dust, and bringing scuffed knees together, she hugged them as she had often done as a child. It's only an idea. No, if she were going to do this, which she wasn't, the best thing would be to wait for him to fall asleep, and then smother him with a pillow. But it didn't matter, because she wasn't going to.

Roman took a few rasping breaths, and the idea grew in her mind like a disease. Preparatory guilt wrapped around her stomach and clenched it in an iron grip, griping as her mind ebbed back and forth like the tides. It drifted in as she looked at Alex, the such little time that the twins had managed to spend together. As she looked at Roman and how she had come to make such a great friend in a few short days, he was almost a brother to her now. The brother that had shown her how to load her gun, the brother that had provided her with a purpose, which was the only thing that had stopped her from going crazy three days ago. He had, essentially, been her world, and she didn't want her world to end so soon.

It ebbed away as she looked closer at him, at the eyebrows that were scrunched up in concentration from trying to stop himself from crying out. That prayer she had just overheard. That ever so slight... plead? in his voice when he asked her if she had been listening. The relief that death would bring him now. The closure that it would bring her. And, in a way, it would seem right that she could end it peacefully for him, while he still had some dignity. That was what people always wanted, wasn't it? To die with a little dignity. Slowly, little by little, the tide was going out, and what had been an idea was becoming a reality.

Acacia turned around and lay down next to Roman, turning onto her side so her mouth was close to his ear.
"You've been brilliant," she whispered, allowing a few tears to fall freely, they were immediately wicked away by the earth. "Just brilliant. I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend the last four days with." She remembered the prayer. "I'll- I'll see you in Heaven, okay?"

From her duffel, she found a plastic bag that had once upon a time contained her packed lunch for the coach trip. Into it she put a jumper, and with great care placed it across his face making sure that his eyes were covered. She didn't want to see his last moments, didn't want to see exactly what she was doing. As she pressed, she closed her eyes, putting one hand on his shoulder as by default he started to fight. He was weak. "Sssh," Acacia soothed as best she could, her heart thudding fast and deep.

Her brain was screaming at her to let go, to stop. To let nature take its course. To remember what she was here for. Why am I here? What am I doing? But there was a deep, animalistic part of her that took over, pressing gradually harder and harder until her arms ached with maintaining the pressure and her head throbbed with emotions, until he stopped moving and the crash of drums that had been crescendoing around her suddenly fell away with a great anticlimax and she let go. She put two shaking fingertips to his neck, and felt nothing. No perceptible heartbeat, no rise and fall of his chest, no expression on his comforting features. No occasional tiny moans that for two nights now had been comforting her that he was still alive.

Acacia scrambled to her feet and in a few short steps got as far away as she could, her natural grace making little noise in the night that was now even more still. She looked with horror at Roman, he looked so alive, yet at the same time so very dead. Her hands tingled as the blood returned to them, a reminder of what she had just done, the life that she had just ended.

She had never felt so powerful simply for being alive.

There was no way she could stay here. There were a few short hours until the announcement that would probably serve to wake Jojo, Jessica and Alex up, and once her name was read out... she would never be forgiven. Alex Jackson would put a price on her head, and Acacia wasn't ready to die just yet. It could so easily have been her that had been shot, could so easily be her that had been dying, it might have been Roman who had just had to make the most agonising decision of either of their lives. Her that would have to come to the realisation that she was going to die, and wanting it to come sooner.

She needed to cling on to the second chance at life that his death had given her.

As she was leaving she looked back at the four bodies on the ground, one was still, three rising and falling with each breath they took. Whatever might had happened tonight, she still owed them a chance for their lives. Heck, she owed Alex more than one. Gently, she knelt down beside Jojo, shaking him awake by the shoulder.

"It- it's your turn," she said in a broken voice. "I have to go, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Look after Alex. Tell her- tell her I'm sorry," she professed her guilt to Jojo without looking at him, her eyes fixed firmly on the ground, on the sky, on the dead stumps of trees that looked remarkably, beautifully, melancholy in the moonlight. Standing up, Acacia slung her bag over her shoulder, and ran into the darkness, needing to put as many miles between her and the body as she could.

((Acacia Salinger continued in Fairytale of New York))

B51: ROMAN JACKSON - DECEASED
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Post-game: ❤ ❤

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Whirlpool531
Leader

January 13th, 2011, 1:53 am #12

Jojo had sat on a stump for a few minutes now, trying to make sense of everything that happened. By the time he had gotten up, he was left with Alex, some friend of her's, and the body of Roman laying as if he was still sleeping. But he was dead, there was no breaths entering and exiting his body, no signs of a pulse, no reaction as he silently shook the boy he tried so hard to save. He finally understood what she meant when Acacia apologized, she had killed her friend to save him from a more painful and drawn out death.

Tears slid down Jojo's face as he took out his carpentry book from his bag next to the stump and wrote on one of the blank papers inside of it. He just wrote down what he figured had happened, that he was sorry he couldn't protect her brother or her and that he had someone to find, that he had to go, had to make sure he didn't have to do the same for his own friend. He finished the note and taped it on Roman, he had found the first aid kit in the daypack too late to do anything else with it. As he gathered his things and started walking away, Jojo looked back at Roman and the two girls one last time. He wanted to protect Alex, but he couldn't right now. Without Jay being safe in front of his eyes Jojo's worry would cause him to make a mistake that he couldn't afford to make on this island. He looked at the compass he held in his hand and headed east.

((Joss Joiner continued elsewhere.))
V5 Characters

22:41 Caligulove (Ruggahissy) STOP SOLICITING STRANGERS FOR GAY TUBE SEX
23:50 Elena Ebay doesn't seem like it'd work. Ebay is for like, seocnd hand stuff and virginity can't really be second hand.
21:14 bacon THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BRING YOUR PENIS INTO THE CHATROOM
16:07 Dom Sizzler is an american straight house
19:54 DomienSandow I'm gary oak
19:54 DomienSandow you can't ignore my girth
12:59 GeneralGoose MY NIPPLES ARE EXPLODING WITH DELIGHT

Arscapi
Player

January 16th, 2011, 8:09 am #13

Alex rolled over and looked up at the sky with a sigh. She could have sworn she’d just fallen asleep, but the lightening of the sky told her otherwise. Alex frowned as she realized that she’d been asleep the whole time. They’d agreed before everyone had gone to sleep that they would switch off the watch. She sat up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Jess lay close by still sleeping and Roman lay a few feet from her. However, Acacia and Jojo were now nowhere to be seen.

Excellent choice in friends you’ve got there dear brother, she thought pushing herself to her feet. She stretched, reaching her hands up above her head, to work some of the kinks out from a night spent on the ground. She looked around once more for Acacia and Jojo and shrugged. Weird.

She glanced back over to Jess and Roman and decided to let them sleep longer, when she noticed something stuck to Roman’s shirt. She frowned and moved closer, realizing that now that she really looked he didn’t seem to be breathing.

“Roman,” she called quickening her pace. She dropped to her knees beside her brother and knew even before she reached out and gently shook him that he was gone. Tears flowed down her face as she sat back on her heels and stared at his body.

“How…How could you leave me,” she asked softly.

decoy73
Winner

January 21st, 2011, 5:45 am #14

((Jason Clarke continued from Revenge is Best Served Cold))

"Hello, everybody. It's day five since I've woken up in this hell hole known as SOTF. I'm starving, I'm miserable, and I'm deathly afraid that I've only got about six seconds to live.

Since I started, I've attempted to join a group, failed utterly, joined another group, blew up at said group, cut a guy's arm off, and got yelled at because I was the last person to be with someone before she decided to leave unannounced. So, yeah, I'm doing just great."

Jason continued through the woods where he had just spoken to a camera. He was hating his life right then: he was essentially hanging on to a group that hated him, he was tired, hungry, and scared, and he hadn't seen anyone to whom he could call a friend in days. Acquaintances, yes. Friends, no. No David, no Kale, no Alex or Roman (well, he and Roman had met, but Jason hadn't partnered up with him - stupid idea if there was one), nobody. He looked around the cleared forest that he was in. Aside from him and the cameras, completely deser ... wait. Jason squinted. About a hundred and fifty yards ahead and to his right was somebody. He strode closer, as quickly and quietly as possible, trying to take a closer look.

Son of a bitch. Jason smiled. He could recognize the blue streaks anywhere. Alex Jackson. If he couldn't partner up with her (or at least not alienate her), he should be shot right there. He strode forward and called out:

"ALEX! OI! Over here!" Jason practically laughed. He looked closer. Roman. Thank you God. "Is everything okay, well, relatively?"
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

[+] spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] spoiler
Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Gandhi Tribe

Female #17: Jaquilyn Locke WINNER
Female #9: Cassidy Kant SECOND PLACE
Female #16: Venice Pennington-Johannes THIRD PLACE
Male #9: Zubin Wadia JURY MEMBER #10
Male #14: Joachim Lovelace JURY MEMBER #9
Male #4: Owen Kay JURY MEMBER #8
Female #57: Cammy Davidson JURY MEMBER #7
Female #39:Lana Torres JURY MEMBER #6
Female #12: Cassandra Black JURY MEMBER #5
Male #29: Matt Masters JURY MEMBER #4
Female #32: Kat Tolstoff JURY MEMBER #3
Male #41: Virgil Jefferson-Davis JURY MEMBER #2
Male #32: Rutherford ?R.J.? Roger JURY MEMBER #1

Gwe Tribe
Douglas MacAllister #3 MEDEVACED
Male #59: David Zimmer #8 ELIMINATED
Male #24: Francis St. Ledger #9 ELIMINATED

Shak-Ti Tribe
Female #44: Sharon Austin #5 ELIMINATED
Female #18: Claire Monaghan #7 ELIMINATED

Varna Tribe
Female #19: Miranda Millers #6 ELIMINATED
Female #64: Alice Gilman #4 ELIMINATED

Brahman Tribe
Jake Mordetsky #1 ELIMINATED
Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Ciel
Mr. Danya

January 21st, 2011, 7:52 pm #15

(Thanks for being so patient Arscapi, I'll get back with Jessica. I'm not quite sure what's happening here though.)

The next day was a blur to Jessica. Things just happened, the announcements came on, no sign of Nick. They had stumbled across Roman and Jessica had helped set up for the night. That was about all she could remember. The rest of the memories were foggy and Jessica couldn't pin a thing. Perhaps it was the daze that she felt as she was waking up - it would all come back to her eventually. She sighed and rubbed her eyes. Her mind felt so amazingly empty. At that very moment, not a single thought fluttered. It was all blank. Not a single worry. It felt very peaceful.

She turned her head. The moment she saw Alex... well, she wasn't sure what to make of it. Alex was hovering over her brother. The world was still blurry and Jessica felt it hard to make out what was happening... that was when she realized Alex was crying. Crying? About what? She looked down at Roman. Alex must have not realized that Jessica was up. Jessica rose to her feet, looking down at the form of what used to be Roman. He was just laying there. He was...

Jessica gasped, and suddenly the thoughts came invading.

Alex was crying, so Jessica didn't hesitate. She knew exactly what she wanted to do. She quickly lowered herself and pulled her friend into a hug. An awkward one, but it was firm and comforting. She kept it held, just holding Alex as close as she possibly could. What could she say that would make up for what had just happened? Hell, Jessica didn't even know what happened. She just knew that Roman was dead, Alex was crying and Jessica was the only person around who didn't know.

"...Alex." Jessica said. She wanted to say it would be alright.

She didn't though. She heard a voice that she didn't recognize. She quickly pulled away from Alex.

Jessica froze. Who was this guy? His name was... Jason, right? Why was he screaming so loudly? She quickly went for her rifle, not so much aiming it at him as just pulling it out from behind her. Just in case. Even so her finger steadily wrapped around the trigger, still didn't aim at him. He... didn't mean any harm. Probably. She let out a deep breath, trying her best not to choke up. And she tried her best not to scream at Jason. It didn't matter if it was hard to tell what had happened or whatever, the mere thought that he was taking this so casually made her shrivel up. Like they were back home, and Alex had tripped and fell. It felt so clean, so nostalgic and it made Jessica mad.

"... C-Could you give her a minute?" she put it simply.

Arscapi
Player

January 23rd, 2011, 6:03 am #16

Alex was only vaguely aware of what was going on around her, so it was a surprise when Jessica wrapped her arms around her. Alex let her friend fold her into a hug, sobbing against her friend’s shoulder.

“He’s…he’s gone. He’s really gone. One…one of them took him from me,” she thought as she tried to get her tears under control.

"ALEX! OI! Over here!" Jason practically laughed. "Is everything okay, well, relatively?"

Alex stiffened in the hug and pulled away from Jessica a little. She shook her head as Jason’s enthusiastic greeting. He always seemed to have a knack for sticking his foot in his mouth. He’d managed to do it more that once when they were at the bowling alley after prom. Not that Roman had helped things along much. Roman had taken an instant dislike to Jason and they argued about it off and on for the next week.

Roman. Alex’s gaze once again drifted to her brother’s body and for the first time she noticed the note someone had…had TAPED to his body.

"... C-Could you give her a minute?" she put it simply.

Alex leaned forward and ripped the note from Roman’s shirt, balled it up and threw it as hard as she could away from her brother. She stood and looked at her two friends. “I’m okay. Well no, I’m not, but I can function, somewhat. Just bear with me. ‘K,” she said rambling, needing to fill the air with words.

If it got quiet she’d drift back to Roman and then she’d be a sitting duck once more, lost in memories and what ifs. Better to focus on what was going on now. Focus on Jessica, Jason, and Acacia. Acacia would pay for taking her brother from her. Roman had trusted her and she’d killed him. Well, if that’s how she was going to play this sick game, then Alex was in. And Jojo, she had a few choice words for him as well.

decoy73
Winner

January 24th, 2011, 12:44 am #17

"... C-Could you give her a minute?" The other girl with Alex requested. What was her name, Jocelyn, Jennifer, no, wait. Jessica. That was it. What was going on ...

"I'm okay. Well no, I'm not, but I can function, somewhat. Just bear with me. 'K," Alex looked at him after shaking her head, and he noticed the tears. Wait, what? What's going on?

"Alex, what happened?" Jason's face fell as his jubilation was suddenly replaced with concern. He noted Roman's form. Funny. Roman should have woken up, what with Jason practically announcing his presence. In fact, as Jason stepped closer to Roman, he noted that Roman's shirt, it was stained red, and when he knelt down, Roman didn't seem to be doing ...

Oh, no. Jason moved back slowly. That's what had happened. Admittedly, Jason and Roman hadn't been on the best of terms, but still ...

"Oh, my ... Alex, I ... I am so sorry." Jason stammered. Now he felt like a right prick. "I'll, I'll just stay right here if you need me." He didn't risk saying anything more. No way was he going to make Alex feel any worse than she did now.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

[+] spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] spoiler
Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Gandhi Tribe

Female #17: Jaquilyn Locke WINNER
Female #9: Cassidy Kant SECOND PLACE
Female #16: Venice Pennington-Johannes THIRD PLACE
Male #9: Zubin Wadia JURY MEMBER #10
Male #14: Joachim Lovelace JURY MEMBER #9
Male #4: Owen Kay JURY MEMBER #8
Female #57: Cammy Davidson JURY MEMBER #7
Female #39:Lana Torres JURY MEMBER #6
Female #12: Cassandra Black JURY MEMBER #5
Male #29: Matt Masters JURY MEMBER #4
Female #32: Kat Tolstoff JURY MEMBER #3
Male #41: Virgil Jefferson-Davis JURY MEMBER #2
Male #32: Rutherford ?R.J.? Roger JURY MEMBER #1

Gwe Tribe
Douglas MacAllister #3 MEDEVACED
Male #59: David Zimmer #8 ELIMINATED
Male #24: Francis St. Ledger #9 ELIMINATED

Shak-Ti Tribe
Female #44: Sharon Austin #5 ELIMINATED
Female #18: Claire Monaghan #7 ELIMINATED

Varna Tribe
Female #19: Miranda Millers #6 ELIMINATED
Female #64: Alice Gilman #4 ELIMINATED

Brahman Tribe
Jake Mordetsky #1 ELIMINATED
Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Ciel
Mr. Danya

January 24th, 2011, 5:15 am #18

It was as if Jessica had not comforted Alex at all. She really wasn't surprised - it was all understandable, she figured. Roman was... Alex was tormented, that's all that Jessica needed to know. She couldn't truly understand how Alex felt about it. Jessica was an only child after all. She turned to Jason, who seemed to have connected the dots pretty easily... not that there were many dots to connect in the first place.

Maybe... Maybe they wouldn't be alright.

Jessica stayed silent. There was nothing else for her to do at this point. She looked up at Jason, took a step away from Alex and turned away. Maybe it would be best just to leave Alex alone... she needed to be alone. That's what she said right? Bear with her?

Hollyquin
Winner

January 24th, 2011, 5:26 pm #19

[[Hayley Kelly continued from Make/Break]]

No one can run forever.

Least of all Hayley Kelly.

She did pretty well though, all things considered. She didn't realize until it was way too late that she had no idea what direction she was running in, and that they could easily run afoul of the dangerzone'd Fun Fair. Of course, if their collars started beeping, they'd just turn around and run the other way, yeah? Though running away from mister-trigger-happy meant that turning around probably wasn't a good idea. Besides, passing the infirmary- which she was quite certain was north of the forest- brightened her up a bit. So they were going north.

That's new.

It was a quiet run, if only because running away from a guy with a rifle didn't seem like much of an occasion for chatter. Especially because Hayley didn't particularly want to talk. The obvious thing, the most obvious thing to think would be that she was still coming to terms with what she'd done. Still trying to grasp that she'd killed someone, Skank Jen Romita, with planning (ish) and full intent. Not an accident, not a panicked mistake, not self-defense. Murder.

But no, she was totally aware of that.

She was more trying to come to terms with exactly how few fucks she gave.

I killed someone. Killed someone. Murder, like. Without justification or reason or any of that. Killed someone! Why is this not bothering me? Aren't I supposed to freak out and start crying and be all, OH, KYLE, EMA, I'M SO SORRY, I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE. I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON. YOU SHOULD LEAVE ME. OH, BOO HOO, BOO FUCKING HOO, why am I not doing that? I need to tell them, I know that, I'm not waiting again, fuck! Why don't I feel guilty? That would be normal, am I going crazy out here now? Am I gonna go all, like, Rizzolo on everyone's ass?

Were you particularly normal to begin with?

No. I know. But I didn't. Don't. Kill people.

Yes, you do.

Yes I do. Shut up. Aren't inner voices supposed to give, like, advice and shit. Helpful advice? That doesn't make me wish I could stab my own internal monologue in the head?

This really isn't a monologue, girly, it's a dialogue. Two voices, you know.

Is it still a dialogue if they're both me?

Her inner voice had no answer to that one.

Eventually they stopped running. There hadn't been a gunshot since the first, and unless the boy had been stalking them in silence (unlikely), they'd lost him. And covered quite a distance, it seemed like. Hayley kept walking, but she sighed a loud sigh of obvious relief.

But she still didn't want to talk to them. That was understandable. Just because she wasn't feeling guilty didn't mean they weren't gonna crucify her for it.

She blocked out the awkward silence, and the pressure to speak, by singing. Quietly. To herself.

Wake up on your own, and look around you, cause you're not alone...
Release your high hopes and they'll survive, cause this is the future, and you are alive...

That kind of emphasized the whole crazy thing, actually.

Also, terrible song choice on my part.

She stopped, giggled nervously, why am I giggling that is a terrible reaction to this situation oh god I sound like I'm cracking and let the awkward silence fill the air around the trio with its...awkwardness. Whatever. It was oppressive, oppressive enough to keep anyone from talking.

At least until they ran smack into another group.

Well. Ran smack into wasn't the right what is that? it's not a metaphor, not really a euphemism either, fuck if I know. Anyway, ran smack into implied that they actually collided, or at least that both groups saw the other. What actually happened was Hayley spotted another group in the near distance. Two girls and a boy, apparently freaking out over something. Hayley didn't know and she didn't really want a part in it, so she pulled the other two behind the nearest tree stump (and hell, there were plenty of those to go around) and sat down herself.

"Well," she whispered. "This has been a wonderfully eventful day so far. What should we do? They could be friendly, or, you know, probably not. I mean...it's day five."

It seemed counterproductive speaking now, but as long as they had something to talk about that wasn't the vicious murder of Jen Romita, which Hayley did not give two shits about, all was well in the world. Besides, she had to figure this out. She'd rather know what the other two were thinking before she told them that her outlook on this whole deal had gotten a hell of a lot more brutal in the last few hours.

You could always kill these guys too. They're not any different than Skank Romita.

Guess not.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.
[+] spoiler
[V4] ESCAPED:
[x] Garrett Hunter [B138] [KC: 0] // Sitting at home, figuring some shit out.
"If there's anything I can do...anywhere I can fight, send me there. I want to help." // ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕ - ♕

[V4] DECEASED:
[x] Hayley Kelly [G103] [KC: 7] // RANK 33
I don't want to go. // ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥
[x] Jasper-Declan MacDermott [B129] [KC: 0] // RANK 93
Perhaps...it was worth it, after all. // ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂ - ❂
[x] Vivien Morin [B062] [KC: 0] // RANK 131
Goodnight, Sylvie. // ♀ - ♀ - ♀ - ♀ - ♀
[x] Maria Santiago [G110] [KC: 0] // RANK 258
"So...I guess...I'm going to heaven after all..." // ✝ - ✝

Chib
Leader

January 24th, 2011, 6:29 pm #20

[Make/Break --> Ema Ryan]

Whilst running, the opportunity to think presented itself after a while. The immediate danger seemed to have passed, and being followed couldn't be easy; when none of the three of them seemed to know where they were going, how could anyone else figure it out? So Ema started thinking again. The fourth gunshot had definitely been different to the first three, but going by the difference in sounds in Call of Duty, and common sense with regards to the passage of events, Hayley had been the first to shoot. But that wasn't to say she'd instigated the situation, especially considering that the mystery other person apparently had a gun of their own, and probably a bigger, more dangerous-looking one.

She was halfway through wondering if it had been a pre-emptive strike when the trio emerged from the trees, into a vast field of stumps. Ema had been here before, a few days previously, and knew straight away that they must've been going North, not South. Which put them further from the presumed location of Alex and friends.

Before Ema had a chance to catch up to Hayley and Kyle and bring the realisation up, another group came into view. She couldn't tell why, but they seemed to be agitated. Some shouting, a lot of less audible conversation. Hayley came to a stop, using one of the taller stumps for cover. Ema followed her lead, and hid behind a similarly large ex-tree.

"Well, This has been a wonderfully eventful day so far. What should we do? They could be friendly, or, you know, probably not. I mean...it's day five."

Good point. By now, the majority of people would be either out for blood, or expecting everyone else to be. Most of them would've already had a brush with combat, and be wary of anyone that wasn't in their own little group. Just strolling up to them, armed to the teeth as they were with two blades and a handgun, definitely not a great plan.

Getting the jump on them might help. They might have more guns. If not, extra food's always good.

By now, that voice had been meeting less and less objection. Ema certainly agreed with the utility of the idea, if not the morality. She turned to Hayley, replying "I didn't see if they were armed, but... best to play it safe, right? Don't give them a chance or a reason to murder us dead."

That was a vague enough response. Didn't imply she was starting to see other students as sources of supplies and firepower outright, at least. Hayley and Kyle could take from that what they would.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]