The main structure at the supply depot, the docks are designed to accommodate small to medium sized boats which would deliver food, general supplies, and luxury items such as books and newspapers for the staff. Originally a wooden construction, the docks were quickly reinforced with some concrete and steel to ensure they would last for the duration of the asylum's life on the island. The concrete gangways and metal railings that now make up the docks have proven to be sturdy constructions, even if they are not the most glamorous.
Aloha
Contender

December 1st, 2016, 1:55 am #11

Bryony was blubbering about something, how she’d gotten robbed the moment she woke up. Bridgette felt the slightest pang of sympathy, but it wasn't much. Of course it would happen to someone like Bryony. With her luck, she should’ve died off a long time ago. But yet, she was still here, living and breathing. Maybe it was a testament to perseverance, or hard work, or even simply luck.

But another part of Bridgette knew that this was all temporary, and Bryony’s perseverance or luck would run out very soon.

The junior handed Bryony one of his own ration bars, and then Tara left. This put Bridgette even more at ease, as the most violent person left the scene, and the remaining two only cemented their pacifism. For the moment, Bridgette was completely safe. Neither of them could do anything to hurt her.

...what now?

She didn’t really have anything to say to either of them. Neither of them could provide anything particularly useful information, and she didn’t think she had anything nice to say.

Or maybe she did. Maybe she could at least talk to them, take the edge off of this situation. The nice ones weren’t going to be around in a few days, so she may as well take advantage of them now.

“So, uh…” she started, struggling to remember his name. “Where exactly are you going to fish?”
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

Espi
Winner

December 3rd, 2016, 6:28 am #12

Henry watched as the girl ran off. She seemed uncomfortable somehow, yet with great purpose.

With a shake of his head, he closed up his bag and started walking away from the girls. He was here for something. Well not really. He was doomed, anyway, so it wasn't like it mattered. But he couldn't go telling himself that. That made people sad, and Henry didn't like people to be sad. Well not real people; in horror, sad was common. But in real life, it was a painful necessity.

Henry battled sadness his whole life. He put on a happy smile and did things to make himself and other people happy. And it worked! He was a happy person, and hopefully people around him were happy too. And now, in this dark and unpleasant time, people needed, nay, deserved any happiness he could get. And, and this was important, he needed to find Jae.

So he turned back, offered a grin, and told the two girls, "I must go. My friend needs me." He saluted them, though he might never see them again.

And he was off.

((Henry Spencer continued in I Will Find you, When All the Stars Align))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Pippin
Winner

December 4th, 2016, 3:53 pm #13

Time and time again, it felt like Bryony was taking one tentative step forwards, then two steps backwards.

She stood there, dumbly holding the two food bars in her clenched fist, too stunned at the sudden departure of Henry and the other girl to even move, let alone try and convince them to stay. Why were they leaving? Neither of them had given a particularly good reason for doing so; Henry had ignored Bridgette’s question just to tell them that he had to leave.

And even though she had only learned Henry’s name just now, even though she didn’t know a single thing about the other girl who had left with a plank of wood, even though neither of them were friends or even close to being acquaintances, she couldn’t help but feel selfish and awful that the only reason she was sad they were leaving was because she’d been hoping they would be able to get more food for her. She had slightly bolstered her rations, true, but she couldn’t even feel good about it; she’d heard the oh-so clear sound of hunger from the strange girl. Was she struggling for food just as much as Bryony was? Had she only given this meagre scrap of food away because Bryony had been self-centred enough to garner pity points when everyone on the island was in just as much shit?

Bryony sniffled, and blinked back the first signs of tears. It was always so tempting to stop trying, to just lie down, break down, and give up. It would be easy. As simple as just falling asleep. But she couldn’t do that just yet. The constant cycle of abuse her own mind threw at her was nothing new; just exacerbated further now that she was trapped on the island. She could fight through it. She still had to find Alba at least.

She unzipped her bag, shoving the two food bars in, before turning to look at Bridgette. She’d barely acknowledged the other girl, the most familiar of the three who’d been standing at the docks, up until now, and she fought through the pang of regret to address her now.

“Um… How are you… How are you holding up?”
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

backslash
Mr. Danya

December 10th, 2016, 8:15 pm #14

((Taking over Bridgette from Aloha))

And so Henry was gone too, with some vague statement about being needed elsewhere. Maybe it was nice, to feel like people needed you.

Bridgette didn't think anyone here needed her, not since Danny. She'd done a pretty good job of convincing herself that she didn't need anyone else either. The people who couldn't get by without relying on someone else were the people that would fall sooner rather than later.

Bryony, for example, looking lost and sad just because two odd and not particularly friendly people had left them. Bridgette crossed her arms, scuffing her boot against the dock. How was she holding up? She was alive, and that was significantly better than a lot of other people already. She wasn't hurt or sick, hadn't let the loss of her friends - whether they lost their lives or their humanity - cripple her. She was healthy and strong and smart, and her only real disadvantage was that she didn't have a real weapon for intimidation or defense. All in all, Bridgette was pretty sure that she was at least doing better than Bryony.

"I'm okay, I guess," she said finally. "You don't look like you're doing so hot, though," she added almost thoughtlessly. Well. It was true, even if it wasn't nice, and Bryony probably knew it. If she was looking for comfort and sugarcoating in Bridgette, she was barking up the wrong tree.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Pippin
Winner

December 12th, 2016, 5:55 pm #15

Bryony stared at Bridgette for a few seconds, taken aback at the… bluntness of the other girl’s statement. She wished now that she’d actually gotten to know Bridgette better during their time at art club, found out what she was like as a person. They’d never really talked, as such. Some small comments, critiques and appreciation of each other’s art maybe, but never spilling into full blown conversation. She wondered whether Bridgette was always like this. Always so… upfront.

She couldn’t exactly say the other girl was wrong, however. She felt awful, and she probably looked just as bad. The last time she’d caught a glimpse of herself had been back at the gym, the reflection from the windows painting a tale of how the previous two days had treated her. She had looked pretty haggard then. She didn’t want to imagine what she looked like now. “Barely surviving” would likely be an accurate descriptor.

Barely surviving was still surviving, though, and out here, the thinnest of margins could make all the difference.

Bryony sighed, and gave Bridgette a weak and completely unconvincing smile, that quickly turned into a grimace as she shifted her position and put a little too much pressure on her injured knee. Slowly, she lowered herself until she was sitting cross legged on the docks. She didn’t look at Bridgette. Her right finger traced invisible shapes and patterns on the ground in front of her.

“Not… not really, no…” Bryony mumbled. “I’ve been robbed, I fu… I messed up my leg… I saw… I saw someone get… get killed…”

Bryony could feel her lip begin to wobble and the tell-tale sign of her eyes growing damp as she blinked. She quickly took her glasses off, and busied herself with cleaning them, trying her best to distract herself, trying to hide her tears from Bridgette.

“Um… and I lost… I lost track of the person who saved me on the first day… Have you seen a girl named Alba recently?”

Bryony traced a circle on the ground. She sniffed, then finally looked up at Bridgette.

“She… she means a lot to me…”
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
[+] spoiler

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

backslash
Mr. Danya

December 12th, 2016, 6:22 pm #16

Well, that went over about as well as expected. Bryony had always seemed fragile, even in normal, everyday life. Really, the fact that she hadn't had a complete breakdown already was impressive.

Bridgette rolled her tongue inside her cheek, arms still crossed as Bryony sat down. She wanted help finding her... crush? Crush was the vibe Bridgette was getting, some girl named Alba. Probably a junior and not involved in any activities Bridgette was, since the name didn't ring a bell.

"Haven't run into anyone named Alba, no. I hadn't seen anyone today until I got here, actually." And she had good reasons for that, for laying low. Danny all but announcing to a psycho killer that she was in the next room hadn't done her or her nerves any favors, even if she'd managed to slip by Isabel. Bryony's statement hinted at that too, if she'd needed to be saved from someone.

"You got attacked on the first day, though? Who was it?" Someone looking for an easy target, probably. If it wasn't one of the successful killers on the announcements, though, that was good to know. Just because someone hadn't killed didn't mean they weren't a threat. That Alba might be one too, though, if she'd managed to fight off a potential killer. Bridgette tapped her fingers on her arm, considering.

Ugh, she hated this. It was enough to make her long for the time when all she had to categorize were people's dumb suggestions for this year's prom theme. Which most of them wouldn't even get to go to now. Bridgette bit her lip to keep from breaking into an inappropriate smile. Prom, what a stupid thing to think about at a time like this. She might not have even gone, under normal circumstances.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Pippin
Winner

December 26th, 2016, 6:55 pm #17

It was growing increasingly more obvious that, yes, bluntness was in fact Bridgette’s MO. Bryony was on the verge of tears in front of the girl, and on the edge of spilling everything that was in her heart and her mind to a girl she barely knew, just because they were the first person who’d stopped to listen to what she’d been through since Alba had joined up with her on the beach a stone’s throw away. And yet the expression on Bridgette’s face barely shifted further than neutral, the tone of her voice not rising above the same.

Maybe she didn’t care about Bryony’s plight, and was just talking to resume some sense of normality. Maybe she really did, and just struggled to get those cares across in the way she spoke. Bryony really had no idea. This was beginning to make her realise just how few people she really knew at Kingsman, just how few people she could truly count as friends. So few people, stuck on such a huge island, with killers, multiple time killers, roaming around as well. What were the chances she would manage to find them again?

It was almost enough to make Bryony want to stop and give up again. Almost, however, was the vital word. There was something inside of her that kept her going, no matter what bullshit was aimed in her direction. She sketched one last thing in the dirt on the docks with her finger, an almost instinctive thing, really; something she added to every sketch she made just to show it off as being hers. Then, with a shaky breath, she stood up again and looked at Bridgette.

She barely knew Bridgette and she had no idea whether she’d ever see Alice or Sandra or Alba again. That just made it even more vital to get closer to anyone who was even vaguely friendly in this place.

“Um, sorry… I guess that wasn’t exactly the best choice of, uh, words. I mean, um, technically I did get attacked, by the guy who stole my stuff, but I don’t, um, know who… who he was…”

Bryony let out another shuddering sigh, closing her eyes and taking a couple of calming breaths. She was tripping over herself and rambling. She just needed to focus and relax. Easier said than done, but she had to try anyway.

“I… tried to escape, on the first day. As soon as I’d woken up, even… and when, uh… and when that didn’t work… I was completely prepared to, um… to… die. I couldn’t see any other way out of this thing, especially not for me, and I just wanted out. But… Alba was there, and she talked to me and talked me out of it and she… just made me realise that there’s always some hope left. And… and if you can’t find it, you’ve got to make it yourself…”

Bryony twined a strand of hair from her right pigtail around her finger. It was getting kinda loose. Next time she got a chance to rest she’d have to sort it out. It was a strange thing to worry about, but she’d managed to inspire herself. Maybe, by some minor miracle, her hairstyle getting messed up would be the only issue she’d have to deal with from now on.

“Would you… um, would you care to join me? To look for Alba? I could help you find, um… anyone you’re looking for, if you wanted…”

Bryony glanced down at the ground, catching sight of her scrawling in the dirt.

=)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!

V5!

V6!

[+] spoiler

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

December 26th, 2016, 11:33 pm #18

Yep, everything Bryony said confirmed what Bridgette had thought. She supposed she felt sorry for Bryony, though more in a "you're going to be dead very soon and that's too bad" way than a "I want to love it and protect it" way.

She wondered if Bryony would have gone to prom.

Shaking her head to get her thoughts back on track, Bridgette considered the offer laid out before her. She wasn't too surprised that Bryony wanted to team up for a little while. It was... maybe not so bad of an offer. Maybe. It was clear that to rely on Bryony for anything like protection or even backup in a sticky situation would be asking too much, and Bridgette wasn't in the business of holding someone's hand when they got scared of the dark, but Bryony did have some supplies, information, and a ready-made ally in this Alba girl.

And beyond that...

Bridgette didn't think she could kill anyone right now, not unless her life depended on it. The longer she could wait to have her name announced, the fewer people that would remember it, the better. The only person she could think of even wanting to kill was Isabel, and maybe the others who had killed multiple times, but that would mostly have been out of necessity if she ran into any of them anyway. She and Bryony were both unarmed, and Bryony didn't seem very fit. Up against any kind of real weapon, they'd probably be toast.

But both of them didn't have to be.

You don't have to run the fastest, if you're running for your life. You just have to run faster than somebody else.

Bridgette followed Bryony's glance down at the crude smiley-face thing she'd scuffed into the dirt. It was enough to bring a twitch of a pitying smile to her face in response.

"Sure, why not?" She said finally. "I don't really have a plan right now and I want to find anything useful around here that I can. I can help you look for your girlfriend for a bit."
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Pippin
Winner

January 2nd, 2017, 3:36 am #19

“Girl… Girlfriend? Huh?”

Bryony’s head snapped up almost instantaneously, as if a catch on her neck had just been released. She could feel the heat flooding her face already; no doubt her cheeks had turned a lovely rosy red colour by now. Her mind raced and her mouth hung ajar as she tried to think of something intelligent to say, rather than stammering like a fish on land.

She wasn’t sure what part to refute first. The ‘Alba is my girlfriend’ part made the most sense; it was completely incorrect to begin with, after all, and would be easy to disprove thanks to Alba being a Junior that neither of them had ever met before this. But it was oh so very, very hard for Bryony to ignore the desire to quash Bridgette’s (frustratingly accurate) accusation that she was gay. Had she somehow found out that Bryony was bi? No, there was no way. There was practically no-one who knew about that, not even most of her friends, and definitely not a passing acquaintance from art club. It could have been just an assumption, but there was a horrible, nagging worry at the back of Bryony’s mind now, resurfacing again. Was she really just that obvious? Was the fact that she liked girls really just that clear for everyone to see, no matter how much she tried to hide it?

Bryony coughed a few times, trying her best to clear her throat at the same time as her mind. She needed this to be as convincing as possible; stumbling over her words would likely only increase Bridgette’s suspicions.

“Uh, um… I think, um… I think you got the wrong idea… We’re not, ah, dating or anything like that, she’s just… she’s just really important to me because of how much she helped me and stuff. I’d never, um, even met her before this week… or, um, y’know, I probably met her around school and stuff but I’d never talked to her or… or anything…”

Bryony coughed again. She looked down at the smiley face in the ground for support.

“Besides, um, I’m not really into girls like that…”

Bryony scratched the side of her neck. The wind was beginning to send chills down her spine now, snaking in through every gap in her hoody. She hoped that her t-shirt had finally dried out enough for her to wear again.

“Anyways, um, we should go… we should… um… let’s go…”

After a few hesitant seconds, Bryony stumbled forwards back up the slopes towards the island mainland. It felt weird leading the way, but she supposed it made as much sense her doing it as Bridgette. Neither of them had a place in mind, after all. Just a goal. She realised, as she began to head off, that she hadn’t asked Bridgette if she had anyone she wanted to find, but she would have plenty of time to ask that as they walked.

Chances were, it would take a minor miracle for them to find anyone if they were just ambling about the island aimlessly, but there was always a chance. A slim chance, obviously.

But a slim hope was still hope, and Bryony kept that alive in her heart.

((Bryony Adams continued in The Latest Story That I Know is the One That I'm Supposed To Go Out With))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!

V5!

V6!

[+] spoiler

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 2nd, 2017, 4:25 pm #20

...Well, that was definitely an interesting reaction.

It didn't matter in the least to Bridgette what Bryony and Alba's relationship was, or whether Bryony was into boys, girls, or whatever. Still, she couldn't help but be amused by Bryony's blushing and stammering, obviously trying to cover for something that Bridgette had hit on in one way or another. Had she been a teasing sort of person, Bridgette might have pressed the issue, but she chose to let it alone. It wouldn't do to go straining their tentative alliance this early.

She was fine letting Bryony lead the way away from the docks; having someone else in the lead meant that she wasn't showing anybody her back if she could help it. She didn't much care where they went or what they found, so long as it didn't bring them trouble before she was prepared for it.

As they walked, Bridgette wondered how a real weapon would feel in her hands.

((Bridgette Sommerfeld continued The Latest Story That I Know is the One That I'm Supposed to Go Out With))
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler