In Loving Memory of Jerred Guillen

Crash
Winner

12:57 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #1

It really pains me to say this, but Jerred Guillen, or DetectiveArcher as some of you are more familiar with, passed away last night. Theresa said she couldn't handle telling everybody, so I'm going to give you the details as per her request. My sole plea is that nobody PMs her or IMs her asking for more information in light of the difficult time her and her family are going through. The least we can do for her right now is respect her privacy.

These details will be hard to read, but she requested that I share them for you all. Please brace yourselves.

Jerred hanged himself in the Guillen family's garage. Theresa walked in later that night and found him. They called 911, and the paramedics took him to the hospital where they pronounced him.

None of the Guillens saw this coming, and neither could any of us. As I say that, I have to re-assure you all. Please do not feel guilty or responsible for Jerred's passing. There is nothing that any of us could have done; and Theresa, if you read this, I'm including you here as well. You were and still are a loving, thoughtful, and supportive sister. You haven't failed in any way. Your brother loved you, and continues to love you.

If anyone wants to leave a thoughtful message, a memory of Jerred, or support for the Guillen family in this trying time, they are more than welcome to. I once again ask that these messages stay in this thread. Theresa needs our support, but she also needs to grieve, and I ask that everybody respects that.

For now, I'm also going to ask that everyone puts their petty and inconsequential grievances with each other aside. Please be there for each other. In life, Jerred stepped in to mediate so many of our squabbles and differences, and in comparison, they all seem so futile now. We need to be there for each other instead of separating ourselves for tiny, insignificant reasons. His kindness, neutrality, and infinite pearls of wisdom reminded us of that in life, and the least we can do for him is carry on his talent and his care into our lives. That will be our best way to remember him.

I'm going to conclude with a quote Theresa told me just hours ago.
wrote:I know my brother considered you guys his friends, and he spoke of you fondly and often. Thank you for being there for him. He really enjoyed getting to know you, and spending time with you in chat and working on SoTF.
Talk to each other. Cry, laugh, and be there. Life is fragile, and we all need to get through it together, especially in times like this.

Sincerely,

Aaron
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off

Lord Jarke
Cannon Fodder
Lord Jarke
Cannon Fodder

1:09 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #2

My full condolences to his family and I hope they recover. I can't say I knew him well or anything but still, this is awful news. I cannot really say much beyond that.

Namira
Mr. Danya

1:15 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #3

I can't really express exactly how this news has made me feel, and I have the most heartfelt sympathy for Theresa and the rest of Jer's family right now, because I'm sure anything I'm feeling right now must be insignificant compared to them.

Jer was such a great guy, nice to be around, nice to talk with, fantastic from a writing standpoint... just all around one of the nicest, friendliest people on the site, beyond a shadow of a doubt. I feel... bad for not having spoken to him more about whatever.

We've not only lost a great staff member and writer, but a friend too.

I love you man.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

1:43 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #4

Although I didn't know him very well, I know what an effect he had on the members here, and I know how much he meant to everyone who knew him.

Sufficed to say, we've lost a truly magnificent guy, and the site will be a whole lot emptier without him.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Theresa. We'll never forget him.
Hello again.

TheLeakyFaucet
Survivor

2:00 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #5

I'm still relatively new here so I can't say that I knew him very well - but still, this is horrible news. From what I saw, he really seemed like a nice guy. My heart goes out to all of his close friends and family members affected by this tragedy.
V4

The new batch....

Chad Klitou: Location Unknown
Hera Alosso: Location Unknown
Laverne Falciander: Location Unknown
Dory Stoeber: Location Unknown

LOLWUT?

Tythanin
Leader

3:34 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #6

Whoa...I can't really express my shock in words. He really was an awesome guy and I always enjoyed talking to him as well as reading the posts he made on this forum. I really, really wish from the bottom of my heart that this hadn't happened and I hope for the best for Theresa and the rest of the Guillen family.

He definitely will be missed.
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

3:37 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #7

I really don't know what to say or write here. It all seems so insignificant. I didn't know Jerred nearly as well as I would have liked to, but he was one of the kindest, friendliest, most caring people on the board. He was a wonderful guy all around, and I'll miss him a ton.

I'm sort of in shock right now.

I don't really know what to say about all this except that I'm so, so sorry that it happened. Theresa, I'm so sorry about all this.

3:55 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #8

Wow, this post really took me by surprise today, just like everyone else. I can't really say as much as I would like, as I never really knew him very well, especially in comparison to the mod team and any of the older members of the forums. The times I did spend though talking with him were telling fond and friendly stories and just having an overall good time together. My condolences to Theresa, their family and all of the close friends. I wish all of you the best during your time of grief.

You will be missed Jarred.
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

4:18 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #9

Jerred...
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

T-Fox
Winner

4:26 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #10

Jerred, I truly hope that you rest in peace. It's always such a tragedy when something like this happens... so much more-so since we were all so close to him. I send my best wishes to his family, and to Theresa. He'll be incredibly missed.
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
[+] Spoiler
B008 - Peter McCue - "Welcome home Katlin." - "DECEASED" - (Killcount: 0) - St. Paul, Minnesota [RANK: 82/276]
B011 - Chadd Crossen - "Janet... I forgive you for everything." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Northern Cliffs: Sometimes Sanctuary isn't That Far Away... [RANK: 242/276]
B018 - Colin Falcone - Damned if Danya could stop him; even in death. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Antonio Russo) - The Costal Woods: One Final Bow [RANK: 161/276]
G020 - Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten - She was never really alone at all. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Maria Santiago) - The Tunnels: Peripeteia [RANK: 106/276]
B100 - Rekka Saionji - "Real... men... don't cry." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Tunnels: It Knows Nothing of Whim [RANK: 208/276]
What is wrong with you people?!
[+] Spoiler
(7:07:51 PM) Little: "TAKE THAT MOM. YOU TRIED TO PROTECT ME, BUT I'VE BEEN TEN COCKS DEEP 24/SEV-UNNNNNN"
Rattlesnake: ...He says confidently after burning his roll null. I think Ciel just punched the RNG in the face.
Namira: Ciel: Punch RNG in the snout to establish superiority.
KamiKaze: I think Kyle enjoys the scent of poor people.

Ciel
Mr. Danya

4:54 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #11

... Holy shit. Oh my god, that's so horrible. I was speaking with him yesterday! I didn't expect this.

I am so sorry for his family. I am so very, very sorry. He was such a nice guy, I didn't know him as well as everyone on the forum but he was amazing. I don't know what to say. I really, really hope the best for the Guillen family and all their closest friends. Especially you Theresa, I don't know what to say that hasn't been said but I WISH you all the best. I can't imagine just how horrible this is for you.

Again, I wish you all the best.

ifnotwinter
Winner

4:57 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #12

Like other people have said, I don't really know what to say. I don't think there's anything I can say.

We'll miss you, Jerbear.

marc st. yves
light it up or burn it down we'll all die in fire
{food for thought}

phineas rosario
fall down seven times stand up eight
sebastian conway
can't see the forest for the trees
{book of sparrows}
[/center][/center]
(so you've got to keep in mind, when you try to change the world for the better not everybody's gonna be on your side)

KamiKaze
Winner

5:31 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #13

Holy shit...

I never really got to know him well enough, but damn. I kind of regret not having enough conversations with him. What if I would be able to say something that would have...

Oh dear. I really don't know what to say. I'm shaking.

We all will miss him. He must have done a lot for this community.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] Spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] Spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Ares
Winner

5:31 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #14

I don't know where to begin. I got a text message from Adam this morning saying that I had to check the site right away. My first instinct was maybe we had another funny profile submission, or there was a disagreement of some sort. I never expected this. For the last few hours I've been sitting here trying to think of how to describe my feelings on this, so bear with me while I try.

As I think most of you know, Jerred and I were excellent friends. Him, Aaron and Dodd combined to give me 3 of the best friends I could ask for. Jerred was one of the best people I've never met in person. From the time he joined in V3, I had an instant connection with him both in writing and outside of the site. Arch and I would constantly try and one-up each other on Rock Band 2, shoot the shit about music, women, booze. He was one of the very few genuine people I know in my life. What you see is what you get with him and I always respected him for that. He was always able to cheer someone up when needed. He was a great moderator in that he was fair to everyone every single time he did a critique.

I think we all know how awesome Arch is. His quips and one-liners in the Chatzy made for some of the funniest moments I've ever laid witness to. From the crowning of "The Arch" and "The Dan", to he and Adam's (Pigeon Army) Sales Masters, even to the Guillen family slang that we all became accustomed to. Heck, I fondly remember the night that he came back from a concert and joined the chatzy. He said, "Dan you'll be proud of me, then not so proud of me." I inquired with a "Go on..." Jerred then revealed that he taken my tips for approaching girls and had made out with a girl at the concert. It was then hilariously revealed that he was 15, leading to many Mimi jokes and ribs that he participated in. That in itself reveals that Jerred was a great person. It takes a great person to be able to laugh at themselves the way Arch did.

From a writing perspective I believe that Arch produced some of the most memorable and pure quality writing on this site. I feel honoured that I was able to RP the scene between Eddie and Riz with him. I really do.

My best wishes go out to the entire Guillen family. If there is anything at all that I can do for you guys please let me know.

Jerred "Arch" Guillen. He was my friend. He was my Mexican Brother. He was a damn great person. Remember him for that.

I hope you find the peace you needed.

- Daniel Cosyn
Is in...

landlocked
Leader

6:01 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #15

Well. Um. I know I've left this forum and all but... fuck. If ever there were a time to post again it would be now.

I'm having trouble thinking of something eloquent to say right now. I'm kind of still completely shocked. Fuck. Jerred, you were such a great guy. You were always nice to me. You were always funny, and witty, and you didn't mind my terrible jokes, and your characters were great, and you were one of the reasons I didn't end up leaving sooner than I did, along with a few other people.

I wish I'd talked to you more. I wish I there was something I could've done. But I guess all I can do now is say that I'm really, really fucking sorry, and I hope that wherever you are if anywhere, you're happier, and Tre, I hope that you don't blame yourself, and that you're okay, and I hope that the rest of your family is, too, and... fuck. And Mimi, and Aaron, and James, and Dan, and everyone else here that I know was close to Jer, I hope you guys are all right, too.

There needs to be a fucking way to get these stupid pixels on a screen to express how fucking devastated I am right now. Rest in peace, Jer, and Tre and everyone else, you guys have my deepest fucking sympathies.

Love, Chris.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann