If We Could Have Tomorrow in Technicolor

The first set of wards encountered upon ascending to the second floor are the regular wards. These wards were used for patients that were considered low-risk, and as a result these rooms could be considered small but adequate. In each room, a metal bed frame, an end table, and a shelf for books can be found in various states of decay and with various objects on them, left largely untouched as a result of the abandonment of the island. Nothing about the rooms is comforting, however; like most of the asylum they were built with an eye towards cost efficiency rather than patient comfort. Belongings of previous patients can still be found in these rooms—a visible reminder of what the asylum used to be used for, with pictures from art therapy stuck up on some walls and photos of family on others.
Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 15th, 2017, 10:11 pm #11

"Yeah," Noah said. "If we could make like Rip Van Winkle and sleep until this is all done, I'd be up for that."

Noah lowered his hand from his face and tilted his head up to the ceiling. It looked really faded and stained. His eyes squinted as he tried to make shapes out of the stains on the ceiling.

"Maybe that's what we need," Noah said.

Noah sighed, then sneezed into his elbow.

"Maybe we need a day off. Or, a few extra hours, or something. I'm tired, I'm sleepy, and my sinuses are fucked. I don't know how successful we're going to be looking for anyone, and believe me, there are people I want to look for. But I don't know, maybe we just need time to think to ourselves. Sit in silence in private rooms, take that time collect our thoughts, maybe make an actual plan, or make some statements and words to our families if they're watching. I don't know. If we have down time, I guess we could use it for something."

Noah stretched his neck a bit. It was probably part of the terrorist's plan to exhaust the kids so they'd be more willing to kill or more likely to die. Taking a long break could be useful for their survival.

"I mean, you don't have to do this if you don't want to. If you'd rather go and look for your friends, then you can do that. I just feel like shit and wouldn't mind napping for most of the day. If it means I'm all charged and raring to go tomorrow, then I'll take a few hours of boredom. I'll lock myself in that room, nap, conserve my supplies, think of where to find people, make some statements to the camera, pee in a bucket-"

Noah paused. His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised. His mouth slowly opened as he realized what he just said.

"Oh my god, this is what it was all building towards..." he muttered to himself.

Noah composed himself.

"Sorry. Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. What about you?"
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Courtography
Leader

February 17th, 2017, 1:10 am #12

Hannah wasn't sure what to say. She really needed to find Olivia, but she was just so tired. And it was all so demoralizing. How would she find her at this point? She would probably fail at this point anyway. It all felt so hopeless. She wanted to think she could do better next time, but she didn't know if that was true. And it really felt like it wasn't. She'd circled the island looking for Irene and hadn't seen a glimpse of her.

She turned back towards Noah, and took in a sharp breath as her ankle protested. She wasn't sure what she'd try to say to parents or friends back home, or anyone else. Maybe she'd think of something. She did know she could use some rest, and just a chance not to be so frantic like she had been the last few days.

Besides Noah didn't seem eager to jump on her for messing up. She couldn't waste that.

She gave a weak smile.

"Yeah, yeah, downtime works."

Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 17th, 2017, 2:13 am #13

"Great. Glad we can commit to lethargy as a form of protest," Noah said.

Noah stood up, stretching his back and stretching his free arm over his head.

"I'm gonna go back in my cell," he told Hannah. "I'll barricade it, but come knocking if you need me for anything."

Noah started to walk back to the door, but then paused. Hannah was upset, and surely she could use a laugh. It was the best currency he had to offer right now, and hopefully she'd appreciate it.

"Hey," he began, "did you hear about the chicken who always held grudges no matter what? He's said to be paltry."

Noah stretched out the word "paltry" in hopes Hannah got a good score on her SATs and could understand the word play at hand. Even if she didn't, she could at least spend her down time trying to figure out what his deal was.

Noah walked over to his ward and closed the door. He then stuck a chair under the handle and plopped face down on the bed, letting Sawlaska fall to the ground. He let out a sigh into the blanket. He thought to himself that this sabbatical better pay off for him and for Hannah. If not, he'd have words against whoever would ruin it for them.
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley

Alba Reyes
[+] spoiler

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Courtography
Leader

February 18th, 2017, 2:37 am #14

Hannah wasn't entirely sure she was okay with being alone, but she couldn't say that. If Noah needed time to himself, then she could understand that. She'd had enough of being alone though. The time she'd spent by herself had been so nerve-wracking, and it was nice to have someone around. She remembered what it felt like to scream into the sound of only the wind and rain. It had been horrifying.

She let out a short giggle at the joke. It was a reflex. It was obvious that he was trying to tell a joke, and she responded like she should. It made things easier. Paltry. She knew it meant something was like, small, or unimportant. Something like that.

She sat down on the bed and thought. What would she say to her parents? She was thinking about saying something. She wasn't sure they would watch any of it. She kind of hoped they wouldn't. But if they did and she never even acknowledged them, that could hurt too, couldn't it?

She wiped her forehead absently.

"Oh."

"It sounds like poultry."

She felt a stupid grin on her face, before she laughed again, in earnest this time.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 19th, 2017, 1:14 am #15

((Timeskip approved))

"And the woman said-" Noah began, before taking a sip of water from the bottle.

He then slowly opened his mouth and let the water drip down his chin. He then wiped the water off his chin.

"Thank you, thank you," Noah said to the camera in the corner of the room. "That one was a little gross, but if you're watching all this shit, you've probably seen worse content already."

Since Noah gave Hannah space, he spent his time napping, snacking on crackers, doing stretches, and for the last hour, told more jokes to the camera. He dove deep into the joke database in his mind to figure out what to tell. This ranged from word play to knock-knock jokes to monologues from his open mic performances. It was a nice enough distraction, but there came a point where it was clear it was just a distraction. He wasn't feeling as sick as before, so it had served its purpose.

What little light there was seemed to indicate that it was almost sunset. He decided to go see how Hannah was doing. Noah grabbed Sawlaska and walked out of the ward. He went across the hall to where Hannah was, then knocked on the door.

"Hey, Hannah," Noah said. "You doing okay?"
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva

Noah Whitley

Alba Reyes
[+] spoiler

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Courtography
Leader

February 21st, 2017, 2:33 am #16

Hannah had tried to spend the rest of her day resting, but whenever she thought she was close to actual rest, she'd remember something. Sometimes it was that she probably wouldn't see her parents or friends again. Or that Irene was dead. Noah's reassurances hadn't been enough to get rid of that whole feeling, no matter how much she wanted it to.

At one point she'd tried to say something to the nearby camera, to pass on a message to her parents. She felt like it just came out as a mess. She wasn't sure how to communicate how important they were to her, not just because, well, they were her parents, but also that they were mostly good parents. She knew that not all parents in Arizona would have had as good of reactions to her coming out as they did. But the words didn't come out right, and she wasn't sure anyone would understand what she was trying to say.

Then she had cried a bit. It was just all so damn frustrating.

She flinched when she heard the knock on the door.

"Yeah. I'm fine," she lied, trying to put a bit of false cheer into it.

She didn't want to drag Noah down with her.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 23rd, 2017, 2:10 am #17

Noah smiled when Hannah replied. He was just glad she was still alive in there. He probably would have heard something if she was attacked, and he could fear the worst if she was unresponsive anyways. He leaned his head against the door to her room for a moment and sighed. At least one person was still here with him.

He opened the door and peered inside.

"Hey, so," he began. "What do you feel like doing? Want to go looking around a bit? I think I've done all I need to."
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva

Noah Whitley

Alba Reyes
[+] spoiler

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Malloon
Survivor
Malloon
Survivor

February 24th, 2017, 3:46 pm #18

(Benjamin Lichter continues from Calvin and Hobbes)

It was strange, how sometimes you didn't know much you cared about someone, until they were gone. Then it hurt. When Ben had first heard that Irene was dead, well, he hadn't taken it well. Quite badly, in fact. Because Irene, she was more than just a face in the crowd, or the face of a corpse. She was, or had been, a friend.

And he hadn't known she'd been on the trip too.

He'd broken down when he heard her name. He'd already lost count of how many times he'd cried while on the island, but he hadn't cared. He had been outside the asylum, having a pee, when the announcment hit. He'd tensed up in worry, but part of him thought he didn't need to, that the last few announcements hadn't been an issue, and that this one would be the same. He had been wrong. He had barely managed to get back to where he had slept before the tears came.

Day four on the island had been uneventful. He'd seen people from afar, heard gunshots, avoided a corpse or two, etc., but nothing that he wasn't getting used to. At least, that was what he had hoped, following the third time in a row he'd been startled and had almost bolted. It was the "almost": He'd flinched like a startled cat, but he hadn't run. Any ragged laugh or sob that had escaped him didn't count, as long as he hadn't run. He hadn't run, no he hadn't. He had been in control. "I am in control!" he had told himself, and he had believed it. And since he had been in control, he had reasoned that he could go search for Maxim in places where he hadn't looked yet. Such as in the asylum! Which had been nearby, such luck!

It was telling that the first thing he had done was choose a room and bar the door the best he could. He had slept on the floor that night, for lack of a bed.

It had been uncomfortable, but the night hadn't lasted forever. When the need to pee arose he had waited until he couldn't ignore it any more, then slipped outside. There had been no such care coming back in, though it hadn't seemed to matter. No one had followed him.

After the crying came the silence. And after that, the rising awareness of just how uncomfortable the floor was. Then the restlessness, the unwillingness to sit still. The grief had still been raw, but there's only so long a person can face it head on. It lingered, and would return later, but there were other things to tend to: survival, hunger, fear.

Life went on, as bitter as it had become.

Ben walked up the first flight of stairs he found. He had a plan in mind: Work your way from the bottom to the top. Search every knook and cranny, but don't get spotted yourself. Remember to go slowly. Listen behind you and ahead. Find Maxim, and get the hell out of here.

Slowly, pressing himself against the wall, he ascended the staircase. One foot, then the next. "Easy does it," he murmured softly. Then he heard a voice, coming from the corridor at the top of the stairs. He froze. It sounded like it was talking to someone. It sounded calm, friendly. He didn't recognise it, but it didn't sound like Maxim. His hands shook. Did he dare? No! It was too risky! So, careful to not make a sound, he turned, and slowly started walking back down the stairs.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.
[+] spoiler
Putting this here, so people know, if it ever becomes relevant (unlikely, but still): If you want to use my characters for anything non-profit, you may, without contacting me even (though it would be nice regardless). All I want is a small mention that gives me credit for first concieving of them. If you want to use my characters for something for-profit, if it's just a cameo or similar, you also may, under the same terms; if it's a more substantial role, I don't want to chain myself to any statement - then contact me.

Courtography
Leader

February 26th, 2017, 11:40 pm #19

"I..."

She wasn't sure. She hated being in the room. It had started to feel like a prison. Maybe it had felt that way to some other people a long time ago, but she wasn't entirely sure on the exact nature of how asylums worked in the past. Although old movies had always made them look horrible, it also made everyone in them look pretty awful too. And sure some mentally ill people had problems, a lot of it was people just not understanding. Her ADHD didn't make her a monster and it was hard for her to consider judging people with more severe disorders too harshly. Even if she couldn't really understand.

The problem was that she wasn't sure if being anywhere on the island would be better. It was filled with dead friends and classmates and fuck, she was probably going to die on it. She probably should find Livvie though. That could maybe maybe maybe make up for Irene.

"Yeah, look around, of course!" she responded, putting some false cheer into her voice.

"Just let me grab my stuff and things."

She went and picked up her bag and the board. It wasn't much, but it's what she had.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 28th, 2017, 5:07 am #20

"Great," Noah said at Hannah's response. "I'll meet you by the stairs."

Noah hurried back into his ward. He walked over to his bag and swung it over his shoulder. He looked over at the camera in the corner. He hadn't really said anything to his family in the last few hours. He had told a lot of weird jokes that involved assholes and semen, but nothing truly profound or sentimental was uttered. Noah closed his eyes and breathed in. He opened his eyes, and spoke.

"Hey, Mom. I lasted five days here. That's longer than I did in little league, so I hope you're proud of me."

Noah smirked. He then composed himself and then continued to speak.

"Let me make this quick. Listen, I don't know what's gonna happen, but if I don't come back, please take care of everyone. I know Grandma and Grandpa will be sad, but could you try to be strong for them? You were always the badass matriarch our house needed, so I hope you can keep everyone going."

"Um, Dad. Angie. I hope you guys can be there for my mom if she needs help. Please also make sure Ella's okay. I can't imagine how she's processing this shit. But she's a trooper, so I hope you can explain it to her well."

"Oh, and as for my stuff, maybe you guys can auction it off to raise money for Ella's college. Wait, no, just give her my college fund. Odds are I won't need it any more. She's probably Harvard-bound anyways and could use the cash."

"I'll think of other things to say the next time I get a quiet moment with the cameras. Until then...um..."

Noah flashed a peace sign to the camera.

"Peace, I guess. There isn't any here, but surely you guys have some."

Noah walked out of the ward, with a spring in his step. He didn't see Hannah out there, so maybe she was coming. As he approached the steps, he could have sworn he heard something nearby. Whatever it was, his grip on Sawlaska tightened.
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva

Noah Whitley

Alba Reyes
[+] spoiler

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler