I am Sad! (No one wants to work with me and become Mormon :< )

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

2:48 AM - Apr 29, 2015 #1

Okay so, unexpectedly pregame has come up, so I have to ask some things I'm looking for before everyone fills up their chosen character pools.

So far what I have is very basic, as I'd like to add things later, based on what other handlers have with their characters that I can work with. Mostly, I'm just looking for stuff to fit this one particularly social character I have here so I can write the profile later, rather than a General Relationship thread (I'll make one of those later).

So my guy is named Cole Santos. AKA: Coleslaw, an affectionate cutesy nickname friends called him as a child and he still responds to.
[+] Spoiler
- Coleslaw's mom is going to be Caucasian of all sorts of white people descent, his dad is going to be an American Hispanic-Filipino mix of some sort (Cuban/Colombian/Panamanian/Argentine/etc?).
- Cole's immediate family is part of the LDS Church, his mom's side notably has had family history through generations. In other words, they're passionate, clean-cut, Mormons. For the most part the kid's going to be quite well-spoken and soft-spoken, cheerful, respectful/friendly, positive/idealistic/optimistic.

- SUPER SCHOOL SPIRIT. Pep Rally type person. The guy who does stuff/volunteers in helping arrange school spirit occasions, like home coming. Won't hesitate to help organize stuff. Can be highly energetic. First to volunteer to do stuff when asked for demonstration and other stuff.
- Two styles of dress 1. Conservative/modest clothes like polos, because morals, but likes to dress nice. 2.) Likes to wear school T-Shirts and other clothing and apparel to represent their school.
- USUALLY Sotf-Spoken (default). Loud at times, when hyped. Loves to win. Likes/comfortable working in groups. Likes socializing alot.
- Might come off as 'fake' with overly cheerful behavior and also due to the tendency to jump between 'friends for other friends in an instant during events/gatherings, but not purposely doing that. He's just constantly on the move.
- Overall he's still going to be like the other guys his age, just a bit more on the 'nicer' side of the spectrum and harder to upset. In rare moments something does upset him, he tends to be fragile and may take things to heart.
- Due to Mormon guidelines/morals which his particular family follows strictly, he might be seen as 'boring/not that fun' to some of the rowdier/risquer/partier types in the school.

Hobbies/Interests: For the most part this is a WIP, as I'm going to put stuff here depending on what other handler characters have.
I know Cole will like - to sketch/draw/art, be in at least one sport team in school (To be determined), School Spirit related things, maybe part of 'Scouts' as a youth, Eating Healthy (Word of Wisdom), Big Disney Fan, will be interested in nature probably plants/botany/garden stuff, any LDS/Mormon related talk/activities. More will be modified in later in the actual profile.

So here's what I'm looking for, for now:

A.) Other LDS people from school. [The Level of interest in the church is up to you]
- Wouldn't be fun being the only Mormon. Utah's right above Arizona conveniently. Even though Coleslaw practices the religion cause of family, it doesn't mean your character has to. I have some real life Mormon friends that don't follow the guidelines all that much, "Jack Mormons" pretty much. The LEVEL of which your kid is into the religion is up to you guys. Just like a Christian family, who doesn't always go to church every Sunday or what have you. It's up to you.

B. Extended Family! [Does NOT need to be Mormon]
- Mormons tend to have large families ;). Grim had a similar idea with his Luz family, but instead of having everyone in the same house/compound, the family could have just live in different areas around the town. Every city has at least one extended family like that, I know mine does. Cousins, second cousins, third cousins, immediate brothers or sisters for Cole, whatever, I'd like to be in your family. *Note*: The extended family does NOT need to be Mormon if you don't want to be and if they are the LEVEL is up to you. They can be any religion and have any surname you want. There are after all, two parents to each kid. Maybe Cole just happened to have two LDS parents.

C. Two-Three BFFs. [Preferably one male friend be Mormon so they can do church stuff + shares a similar team sport and/or hobby together, the others don't need to be]
- He makes friends with just about anybody. However I'd like a few really close friends to bond over things like a Team Sport, a common interest/hobby, or LDS stuff, cause church is pretty important for this guy.

D. Potential (Female) love interests, primary, secondary - etc - it's high school after all. [Preferably NOT Mormon for primary, maybe differing personality. Secondaries can be Mormon.]
Always open for anyone, even people who have completely different personalities or lifestyles.

E. One of those very flirty, "man-whores", who go with many girls/have ex's stuff like that (I think I've seen a few concepts people had, like this.)
- For Cole to be Wary of. (other types Cole can be wary of can be good as well.).

I think that's all for now. Hit me up, yo.

Violent-Medic
Winner

4:14 AM - Apr 29, 2015 #2

I don't really have many that fit most of these things. (I'm reserving any love interest stuff until I see who my peeps have chemistry with.) I do have a potential one for the man-ho thing, possiblyyy. It's a bit different since Danny is more unintentionally flighty than about conquest (as well as a confused asexual who runs away from any potential intimacy) but it still has a similar element to it. So, maybe Danny for E.
[+] Spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] Spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Cicada Days
Winner

5:41 AM - Apr 29, 2015 #3

Okay I have stuff and things here, maybe, though I need to clarify the depths of his religious devotion:

- Irene. She's an anti-theist and fairly loud about it when given the opportunity (or not even then because of how RAM her head is). I mean, they're both friendly and energetic social scene kids who are all over the place, but I dunno if I see them aligning. Cole might be too mainstream for Rene, and she might be too obnoxious and possibly offensive for him. They probably ignore each other for the most part and exchange sharp and harsh comments if they're forced to talk to one another. Especially if they meet often, if he ends up on the baseball team or whatever.
- Seo could be a better match. They're both heavily involved in volunteer work and are probably often on planning committees together. She's Roman Catholic, not Mormon, but she's extremely affable and polite regardless, and probably generally just his speed because her social life is conservative and avoids getting mired in the more 'risque' crowds in the school unless she absolutely has to be involved. Maybe they might just generally be able to talk faith anyways. I could see him developing a bit of a thing for her, nothing too serious because she's guarded around him- to a lesser degree than most, I might allow him that.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

KamiKaze
Winner

11:42 AM - Apr 29, 2015 #4

I see stuff here! : D

He'd probably know Ems. Emma's involved in student council stuff, and I don't think I've alluded to it too much, I kind of consider her to be super-school spirit. There's a chance that they would have known each other from him helping with events and stuff. She's also pretty nice too! And they do share some potential interests, so...

I don't see Junko being too friendly; she's super pro-LGBT, and given the history of Mormons and LGBT, it won't end well. I don't think she'd hate him, at least not too much, though. She is, however, not the kind of person who gives up on dares or challenges easily. The plot bunny I have in mind is that somehow we pit Junko and Cole together in a spirit event or something. He's described as somewhat competitive, and I kinda see it.

Thoughts? My own concepts thread is linked in my sig. Junko's probably the one that's coming up first, for the record.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] Spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] Spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

6:23 AM - May 01, 2015 #5

Cousin Medic - Sure, I'd love Danny to be one of the filthy man-hos of Cochise High, I seek. :}
- No worries, I also endorse the chemistry thing as well. I'm just putting the idea out there for all the single ladies, just in case, they are free. Always open for anyone, even people who have completely different personalities or lifestyles.

Hello Cicada Days, nice to meet you:
- I toned Coleslaw down a tad, to blend the soft-spoken, wholesome Mormon-ness with super-school-spirit, so he's energetic and goofy when it comes to school-stuff / friends or socializing, but calm overall. So he won't be overbearing about LDS or anything, like won't preach to anyone, but still be passionate about it. The type who'd follow the Word of Wisdom, go to LDS church events all the time, go on a Mission at 19 years old and attend BYU for college. Not sure how Irene would respond to that type of person, but he likely wouldn't lash out for speaking against LDS or anything, might just ignore/bottle/be not to fond of. If she's really bad or offensive, he might say something and then leave, but overall the guy's quite non-confrontational and tolerant of differing view-points/personalities. Too nice (boring?), I know.
- Cool, I'll consider Ms. Park one of the possibilities of girls he might like in that way, she seems nice and modest. **

**Always open for anyone though, even people who have completely different personalities or lifestyles.

HITGIRL - Okey-doke, Coleslaw is down with all that Emma stuff.
- About Junko/LGBT, personality wise he's tolerant of differences like LGBT and bases off of others individual personality if he'll get along with someone rather than orientation or viewpoints, even with Mormon upbringing, so expect genuine smiles and friendliness face to face, but **Prop 8** in the back. Nothing at all personal. On School Spirit Pride Stuff, yeah he'll be spirited/competitive against other classes/rivals, etc, so I dig it. If it's same grade though, though then they're compatriots of school spirit. If not, tug of war into the mud you go.

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

9:31 AM - May 01, 2015 #6

I keep reading this thread title as "FELLOW MORONS OF KINGMAN" and being all "Well that's not nice. :("

Proper reply later.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

Cicada Days
Winner

3:17 PM - May 01, 2015 #7

For Irene, if he's not too preachy or confrontational about it she might not even know and they might just only know each other in passing. Might be easiest to just do it that way.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

7:49 AM - May 09, 2015 #8

I was told by an anonymous handler that someone was interested in doing something with me here, but wasn't sure if I was still looking?

Well, I am most definitely always looking! At this rate, this guy will be the Token Mormon of the school, haha. A-E is still open for more, just let me know if you wanna. Please do!

Either in this thread or Personal Message if you prefer that way. Or if you already have any other means to contact me, you can do that too.

D/N
Contender

1:02 AM - May 20, 2015 #9

You got a mormon girl/friend (not girlfriend) coming up. At some point. Promise.
v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????

BetaKnight
Winner

3:56 AM - May 20, 2015 #10

I have a boy who isn't really formed yet who could be a Mormon 2nd cousin, maybe. His name is Henry Runyon. He answers to Hank, he lives with mom and two younger siblings (possibly both sisters), and maternal grandparents. Dad is a roughneck either out in North Dakota or in the Texas Gulf so he only comes home every other month or so to visit for a few days. Due to roots, Mom doesn't want to leave the area. Hank likes fishing, dirt biking/off-roading, old Western shows like Maverick, Wild Wild West, Gunsmoke, etc and Disney.

I don't think Hank's family would be super devoutly Mormon but he tries to be good.
[+] Spoiler

Rebecca Kiesling Girl 50 armed with One Package Sharpie Minis

Iselle Ovalle-Vandermeer Girl 10 armed with Five foot hickory walking stick

Cooper Komorowski Boy 63 armed with WASP knife

Genie Banneman - banned from Senior Trip

Cicada Days
Winner

5:02 AM - May 20, 2015 #11

More Mormons to be thrown at you! I can fill A for sure with Jenhifer, and I'm thinking she'd functionally be similar to one of your friends you mentioned, practicing but not to an especially devout degree. They could definitely be church buddies, though she might be too busy to really fill any other roles for him?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1