Here is where the dance itself takes place. The dance is being held in the school gym, which has been decorated in the theme of the dance: Cosmic Space Adventure! Numerous chaperones are present, and there is nary a private space to be seen. Due to this, no private threads are allowed! This forum covers everything from the start of the dance to when students exit.
Spinnentier
Cannon Fodder

August 5th, 2016, 4:31 pm #11

Stepping out of the hall had been like pouring a bucket of ice over her head and then blindfolding herself. Outside was cold. Freezing cold. And dark. As in, horror movie setup dark. She began to shiver. Sure, everyone says that the desert at night more closely resembles a freezer than an oven, but you don't really believe them until you experience it yourself.

This was nothing like Queensland. Back there, the tropical nights were almost as warm as the day. Summer was at the end of the year, not the white, icy hell that is an American winter.

The overly short dress certainly didn't help with the cold, either.

But a small chance of minor hypothermia wasn't the biggest problem that she had to deal with right now.

No, that would be her crippling fear of the dark. Or "acute nyctophobia", as pedantic psychologists were so insistent on calling it.

"I should be fine I-um-" she gulped, clearing a lump in her throat. "Yes, I should be fine." Her voice was incredibly shaky, though from the cold or from the fear she couldn't tell. Even being an Australian girl, and from the sunny north at that, she suspected it wasn't the cold.

"Let's just keep walking." She rapidly scanned the area around her, eyes flitting from one shadow to the next.

"Just... Just don't leave me anywhere by myself, alright?" The last part of that sentence was a barely audible squeak.

Not that she'd expect Will, of all people, to just run off and abandon her. He'd been amazingly understanding with the whole "nyctophobia" thing when she told him, and hadn't told anyone else about it. He was really someone she could trust to protect and take care of her.
I'm still here, just lurking though for the most part.

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 5th, 2016, 6:46 pm #12

Christ she was bad right now. Shivering from the cold and quite possibly shaking from the dark as well. He hugged her gently with one arm, the other inside his other suit pocket for his phone. As soon as he found it he flicked the flashlight option on and shone it in front of them. It wasn't much, but every little bit helped. "I'm not gonna up and abandon you Rea. You know that as well as I do."

Especially now. He genuinely loved Rea, more than was wise and definitely more than his cheating father had loved his mother, and although she was practically helpless in most aspects, this was the one thing he would never, encourage her to overcome. I mean, he did, but not in the same way as her inability to cook, for example.

Rea was a bit of a mess up there, but so what, lots of people were; kids as young as 10 on Ritalin, Prozac and Zoloft being tossed around like sweets, and he'd never really seen why that was something to be ashamed of. At the same time, he hated people making fun of people for mental disabilities, especially when they were being hypocritical bastards. He understood why Rea would be cautious though, and respected it.

To be honest, he felt as if he was her protector in the way. Sure, she had a relativley solid home life, and her faith was an amazing bouy for her, but her parents were busy people, and besides, no parents could protect you when they weren't there. He was always there. So he would always protect her.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
AUCTIONED OFF DUE TO INACTIVITY.
My eternal shame was that I let this happen.
[V7]
Yeah, It hasn't even started yet and I already have characters, That's what happens when you're an idiot.
Elizabeth Wilson: "I rock an eyepatch. Kinda have to, but it's nice to have style in the bargain.
[/spoiler]

Spinnentier
Cannon Fodder

August 6th, 2016, 11:06 am #13

She felt a little better after that. Didn't matter what happened, he could always be trusted to take care of her. Even now, in the the impossibly dark parking lot, he had his arm around her and had pulled out his phone's light for her.

Most guys probably wouldn't do that for her. But here he was, even though she reckoned he could pretty much have any girl in the school. He was tall, muscular, had a foreign accent, and was nearly as wealthy as herself. And yet instead of going for one of the generic, blond, super-popular beauty queens, he chose her, the reedy, snobby nerd, and one that dressed incredibly tomboyishly at that.

She pressed into him for warmth, and to reassure her subconscious that Will was still there. Of course, she already knew that he'd never leave her, but her mind certainly had other plans. Every shadow on the wall looked poised to jump at her. Every minuscule sound around her was made by something out to get her. She was wading through an ocean of darkness, of pitch black, save for the weak cone of light that was Will's phone.

A few tears rolled down her face. Even with Will right next to her, she didn't know how much of this she could take. She swiftly moved to wrap her arms around Will, embracing the only thing she could trust in the moment.

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 7th, 2016, 12:15 am #14

"Which car did yo-" his sentence was cut off as Rea suddenly started to constrict him. Despite how weak she was, that girl had a hell of a grip, and said grip meant that he was taking in incredibly shallow breaths. He felt hot tears on his neck, and carefully put his phone away before hugging her back.

He moved slightly to the side of the pavement, an awkward feat with Rea wrapped around him, but manageable nontheless, and he freed one of his hands to gently stroke her head. The hair which had looked so strange on her when he had first lain eyes on it gently shifting under his fingers.

"You... Sure that you're alright there? We can go back inside if you'd like, or home, whichever you like." Whilst it might seem like a bit of a sacrifice, the dance wasn't really his cup of tea. The theme was awkward, the music a mess of different decades and the punch mediocre at best. Personally, he would prefer to head home, but Rea came first.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[V7]
Yeah, It hasn't even started yet and I already have characters, That's what happens when you're an idiot.
Elizabeth Wilson: "I rock an eyepatch. Kinda have to, but it's nice to have style in the bargain.
[/spoiler]

Spinnentier
Cannon Fodder

August 7th, 2016, 7:51 am #15

"I...I think we should just head home."

Right now, Rea wanted nothing more than to get out of the dark and cold. She just wanted to get to somewhere warm, and with light. Somewhere like her house. Or possibly Will's.

"That one. My car's that one over there." She pointed out a black Mercedes. "Keys are behind the front tire." Of course, having no pockets to speak of, she had to improvise on where she left the keys to the incredibly expensive car. One of the reasons she never wore dresses. Pockets were just too useful.

"So... did you want to drive?" Her voice was still shaky. She wasn't home just yet. Still had a few metres (or "yards", as they wanted to call them) between herself and the warm, heated car. But that thought gave her some relief. She was nearly out of the darkness.

"Come on. Let's just get into the car and go."

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 7th, 2016, 12:00 pm #16

He bent down and picked up the keys from under the wheel. Clever place to put them, especially without pockets, but not entirley without risk. Especially since the car was an expensive Mercedes, and by expensive, he meant that the car had probably costed more money than some families saw in a year. It was ludicrously flashy and had a lot of built in features, half of which he was pretty sure had never been bought.

He swung open the car door before awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "I've got the Challenger to drive I'm afraid... As much as I'd like to drive the Merc, I can't just abandon her here." He thought for a moment, trying to work out a solution. "My house is closer, and Mark and Carrie are in Pheonix for a few days, so there's zero chance of us disturbing them." He used the first names for his maternal uncle and aunt, as he did every day. It annoyed them, and despite the pettiness it gave him a small amount of perverse pleasure to get his kicks in for being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

"I'll follow you from behind, don't worry. Take all the time you need, alright?" With that, he walked back into the night and towards the Challenger, the car keys already in his hands. Whilst the Merc was a beauty of German engineering, the Challenger was the love child of the bastard coupling of a F1 car and... Whatever shared a design with it. It was obnoxiously loud, ridiculously fuel inefficient compared to most modern cars, and tended to go through tyres faster than a Irishman through pints.

Because of this, one would expect it to be the exact kind of car Will would hate. Loud, brash, wasteful and American. However something about the ridiculously throaty growl that was emitted from the engine, so much meatier than the soft purring you got from so many modern cars appealed to him greatly. It was probably the testosterone coming through. It was, after all a gloriously manly car, and he would be severely disappointed should his driving privileges for it be taken away.

Engine on, handbrake on, idling on. All that was left would be for him to wait for Rea to be ready, and they could leave this rather boring excuse for a dance.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[V7]
[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 7th, 2016, 12:00 pm #17

((These double posts...))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[V7]
[/spoiler]

Spinnentier
Cannon Fodder

August 7th, 2016, 3:12 pm #18

Here it was at last. Rea pulled into Will's house's driveway, and stepped out of her car. Will's car pulled up behind her own. Rea loved him, but bloody hell that car was horrible. It was like a personification of everything she hated about America. It was loud. It was obnoxious. It guzzled gas, and made the ozone layer cry with each turn of its wheels. But disliking a car was a small price to pay to have her beloved Will at her side.

Even if he was taking his sweet bloody time getting to the front door of his house to unlock it for her.

"Come on, Will. I'm freezing to death out here."

((Rea Adams, continued elsewhere))

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 7th, 2016, 3:22 pm #19

He chuckled as Rea exaggerated rubbing her arms. No doubt she was actually cold, but that was a little over the top, wasn't it? He quickly killed the engine and stepped out of the car, making sure to lock it behind him before jogging to the obnoxiously large pebbled glass door that the house had.

A turn of the key later, and he was home, wonderully warm and bathed in light. Rea would probably appreciate the light more, but growing up in what was basically the border into the highlands had made him appreciate warmth a hell of a lot. Apart from the boiling you got during the summer, the weather was one thing he could largely get behind.

First things first though, get out of the three-peice suit and change into something somewhat comfortable.

((Will McKinley continued elsewhere))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[V7]
[/spoiler]