I'm Lonely and Need Relationships

jimmydalad
Leader

September 4th, 2017, 11:50 am #1

Hey y'all! I'm just gonna use this place to put my character concepts as they come. So far, I only have one solid concept, but I promise more will come in the future!
[+] spoiler
Lukas Nielson: Lukas is regarded as a bit of a weirdo in school. That may be due to the fact that his mother, Alexis, moonlights as "Tina Dominica", a relatively well-known dominatrix within the American fetish scene. For the most part, Alexis has tried to raise Lukas out of the scene until he was 13, at which point she slowly started to teach him sex education and opening up about her job due to her feeling that he was inevitably going to find out anyway and felt that the sex education taught at his school was ineffective for real life. He's very protective of his family but has grown used to being teased and asked about his mother's occupation by the rest of his classmates. Because of this, he considers himself more mature than the average student, leading to him having a minor sense of superiority and is very patient with people, preferring to not give any reaction to fuel the teasing. It's been heard that some of the students approach him privately in order to discuss questions about sex and sexual health because of his mother, which he is more than happy to help with. This has lead him to pursue being a therapist when he gets older. Outside of the people who mock him for his mother's occupation, he's generally pretty open and friendly and known for having a cool head but doesn't tend to be very emotive due to wanting to present himself as mature.

One of his main hobbies is writing, something that his parents were particularly eager for him to pursue as a way to express his creativity. He tends to enjoy writing his own thoughts down in his diary and using them as inspiration for his stories. He's a member of the writing and newspaper club out of his parents' encouragement to join school clubs. He also enjoys just being around people and has been known to people-watch in public places and make up elaborate stories about their lives. A storyteller by nature, he enjoys regaling his friends with stories that mix what really happened with a bit of embellishment mixed in and it tends to be these moments where he becomes highly animated.

While Lukas is pretty sure he is at least bi, with a preference towards boys, he is hesitant to pursue a relationship with anyone out of a belief that they'd expect him to be experienced due to his mother's occupation. He is nervous about kink due to the risks his mother taught him about it and doesn't want to hurt anyone he considers close to. He's refused advances from people, even those he has a crush on, and it would take persistence and a bit of coercion in order for him to get into a relationship.

Relationships

Nick (GeneralGoose): Crush/Good Friend
Blaise (EmpressPlush): Good Friends
Gaelen (Brackie): Good Friends
Abaynesh (Somersault): Good Friends
Billy (Polybius): Good Friends

Lucas (Crossbowpig): Good Friends?
Ned (Ryuji): Casual Friends
Violet (Crossbowpig): Potential friend/acquaintance
Yuki (Ryuji): Writing Buddies

Zach (Ryuji): Tormenter
Ivy (Fenris): Rivals
Keisha (Somersault): Rivals
[+] spoiler
Milly Rosenberg: A girl trapped by her circumstances and who hates the people she hangs with. Milly grew up in a well-off household due to her father's career as a Marketing Director. His work kept him out of the house, leaving Milly to grow closer to her mother and distant from her father Her father is an active member of the social elite and forces Milly to conform to the expectations of said elite. This has led her to become friends with the popular rich kids in school, a group that Milly has grown to loathe over time due to them gossiping too much in her eyes and being fake in her eyes. However, she enjoys the perks of popularity such as invitations to parties and feels pressured by her family since they take advantage of her friendships to extend their own social circles, so she sticks with them. In order to cope, she has a pink book at home where she writes down all her negative feelings about her classmates and keeps it a secret to everyone. She also started to troll her classmates, spouting out views they disagree with or things about their past just to get a rise out of them. She does this more with people she doesn't like than people she considers her true friends.

When she interacts with others, she tends to be friendly, but sarcastic. Her main hobby that she is public with is cheerleading and is one of the star cheerleaders of her team due to the amount of practice she has put into it. She is also a fan of video games and anime, but keeps those secret so that she doesn't get ostracised by her friends. She shares these hobbies online with her friends on Discord and also watches live streams of gaming on Twitch. If there's a party, Milly wants to be there and enjoys the atmosphere as well as the alcohol.

Milly's single, but not looking for a relationship. While she may occasionally partake in flirting to be playful or just to get a reaction out of someone, she doesn't want the drama associated with relationships in high school so avoids them.

Relationships
[+] spoiler
Jimmydalad's Relationship Thread: Click here
[+] spoiler
Aria Samuels - "I-I'm sorry..."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o
Island: o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - "I'll see you around, ok?"
Prom: o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Relationship Thread: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/9032799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Somersault
Survivor

September 4th, 2017, 12:03 pm #2

So, okay. Keisha most definitely gossips about Lukas, because she loves talking shit, so yeah. Oops. As part of her sorta rebel phase, Abaynesh is probably trying to bond with him, although that'd mainly be awkward conversation.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

Ryuki
Leader
Ryuki
Leader

September 4th, 2017, 1:19 pm #3

I think Ned is friendly enough to get along with Lukas.

Yuki shares an interest in writing, so maybe she and Lukas could exchange ideas with one another.

Zach would probably try to pick on him, because of Lukas' mother's job.
[+] spoiler
Deviant Art page: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/
[+] spoiler
V6 Character Portraits 1: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628674956
V6 Character Portraits 2: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628677580
V6 Character Portraits 3: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628707051
V6 Character Portraits 4: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628790712
V6 Character Portraits 5: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628826007
V6 Character Portraits 6: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628872275
V6 Character Portraits 7: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628917002
V6 Character Portraits 8: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629018182
V6 Character Portraits 9: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629104652
V6 Character Portraits 10: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629224217
V6 Character Portraits 11: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -630645292
V6 Character Portraits 12: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -694930675
[+] spoiler
Ned Jackson Sprite (from Yugikun)
Yuki Hayashibara Sprite (from Yugikun)
Zachary Beck Sprite (from Yugikun)

Ned Jackson (by Mimi)

Yuki Hayashibara (by Mimi)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Mains
Ned Jackson- Voice actor extraordinaire
[+] spoiler
M1-P1-P2-P3-P4-P5
Yuki Hayashibara- The smart triplet
[+] spoiler
P1-P2-P3
Zachary Beck- Short, foul-mouthed prankster
[+] spoiler
P1-P2
Others
Yuko Hayashibara- The tough triplet (to Yugikun)
Yuka Hayashibara- The pretty triplet (to Maraoone)

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 4th, 2017, 2:39 pm #4

Violet is probably friendly to Lukas outwardly, but inwardly feels awkward with an irrational fear of something happening between the two of them, a big nothing in her mind that she can't seem to shake out of, that their interactions are on her end at the very least somewhat tense and awkward.

Lucas - my Lucas - probably finds it funny that someone (sort of) shares a name with him, and I imagine the two, both involved in the writing scene, would know each other at least a little. Lucas would be pretty open to hanging out with Lukas, judgement free, and might have even tried to vent to him about some of his relationship struggles, though how much he said was probably not enough to give any useful information.

Max passes judgement on his mother for being, in his eyes, a pretty major sinner. That said, he probably doesn't really care enough about Lukas to interact in any meaningful way, for better or for worse.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

jimmydalad
Leader

September 4th, 2017, 3:59 pm #5

Ryuji

Ned and Lukas seem friendly enough to be casual friends. Though probably not a huge fan of videogames and cartoons, he'd appreciate his vocal talents and could occasionally be dragged into helping Ned out with his videos.

Writing friends are cool with Yuki and they could probably bond over that. I'm not sure how close they'd be, but he'd definitely be at least friendly with his fellow writing connoisseur.

I always appreciate people who would pick on Lukas and Zach seems to be a good fit for at least one of the people to make fun of his mother. He'd probably be antagonistic towards him, especially since he's protective of his mother. Maybe one of the main people responsible for making fun of him?

CrossbowPig

I can imagine Lukas being sorta friends with Violet due to them both being relatively weird and liberal. Lukas would be particularly interested in the occult stuff that Violet likes, but may not be eager on practicing it himself. Lukas may probe into why she seems to be awkward around him, which could be fun to see.

I imagine the two of them would be more than happy to share stories and writing tips with each other. He'd also probably find humor in there being another Lucas that likes writing and maybe they could be a funny pair around campus? I can definitely see them being friends, especially since Lukas would try to hear out and help Lucas's relationship problems, no matter how vague he explains it to him.

Lukas would just probably stay out of Max's way due to his more conservative views and thus probably wouldn't interact with him meaningfully either.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
[+] spoiler

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Fenris
Player

September 7th, 2017, 5:26 pm #6

children incoming:

Ivy would know eeeeverything about Lukas and his mom; I don't think she'd go out of her way to mock him, though, since he doesn't seem like he'd particularly annoy her, but if he ever did get on her bad side she'd have a whole lotta ammo at the ready. I can imagine him being at least friendly with Dante and Ian, I don't imagine he'd cross paths with Axel much. Nia would probably find him pretty interesting if they happened to get to talking.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

Malloon
Survivor
Malloon
Survivor

September 8th, 2017, 1:55 am #7

Chloe would probably be surprised when learning about his mother's occupation (who wouldn't be?), but she'd have a lot of respect for him for his maturity regarding sex. Having a European father (and therefore having a somewhat European perspective on things), she definitely agrees with him on the lack of proper sex education in the US. I doubt they'd have much to talk about besides that, however.

Joey would too be surprised, and would probably like him, given his tendency towards level-headedness, and maybe keep tabs on him in the unlikely that event he should ever need an amateur therapist, but would make a point of avoiding association otherwise because of Lukas' mother and his own exaggerated (but moderate) catholicism.

Keith would just be utterly confused. As in, the baptist in him sort of suspects he should have contempt for the whole ordeal, but given Lukas' otherwise inoffensiveness and his complete embarrassment at bringing up the subject of sex with the one person who he respects above all, his dad, he'd do his uttermost best to avoid Lukas and the subject of Lukas at all costs, just to preserve his own sanity.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.
[+] spoiler
Putting this here, so people know, if it ever becomes relevant (unlikely, but still): If you want to use my characters for anything non-profit, you may, without contacting me even (though it would be nice regardless). All I want is a small mention that gives me credit for first concieving of them. If you want to use my characters for something for-profit, if it's just a cameo or similar, you also may, under the same terms; if it's a more substantial role, I don't want to chain myself to any statement - then contact me.

Cicada Days
Winner

September 23rd, 2017, 1:26 pm #8

yo wtf this is a great concept let me make u not lonely bby

Demetri would think the whole thing is fairly hilarious but he'd actually be pretty much cool with it. If we want to make them childhood friends (if Lukas is a Chattanooga raised boy most his life) he'd maybe have even met the mom without making it awkward, like they could be family friends or something? Like Demetri does crack the occasional quip about it but he's mostly good at not making a big deal of it and appreciating his friendship with Lukas for other stuff, like the writing especially, he'd be interested in swapping ideas with Lukas and getting some advice, since Lukas is probably the far better writer. Negative points to the relationship might be that Lukas could be a bit uncomfortable with Demetri's casual usage of homophobic jokes, especially given his own quiet bi identity, and he might also try to encourage Demetri to stop being friends with people like Zach but Demetri would be stubborn about that.

Charelle I also envision something a bit fun with. So like we could say the reason she's able to have a safe sex life being sexually active fairly young is she openly approached Lukas out of the blue and asked for his guidance? And then when he finished explaining she was like 'uh huh, so wanna give me a hands on demonstration'? That aside she really respects him for having helped her out so openly and she respects his boundaries whenever they meet up now, though she does throw the occasional quip referencing her proposition just because she thinks it's cute and hilarious.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

jimmydalad
Leader

September 23rd, 2017, 4:12 pm #9

@Fenris

So as a member of Gaelen's group alongside his general dislike of gossipmongers due to his personal experience with them would probably make him one of the people who actively and openly dislikes Ivy alongside Gaelen. I'm in agreement with you on pretty much everything else, though I can imagine Lukas being friendly if not friends with Nia due to approaching her to do some tarot reading and then going from there.

@Malloon

While I can imagine Chloe and Lukas bonding about how fucked up the sex education system is in the US, they probably wouldn't talk much outside of that. While Lukas would appreciate his level-headedness, he'd probably do his best to avoid Joey due to his Catholicism and his bad experiences with people of that religion when it comes to his mother. Lukas would definitely do his best to avoid Keith at all costs, probably freaked out by his neo-nazi tendencies and general scary appearance. Like, I can imagine him being legitimately scared that the guy was gonna punch him in the face just because of his family and his sexuality, so that's cool and could be fun to explore.

@CicadaDays

Ok, so both of these ideas sound really cool and I'm totally up for exploring both of them. At the moment, I do plan on having Lukas be a born and raised Chattanooga boy, so having a childhood friend in Demitri would be super cool :D. Like I'm in sync with you for pretty much all your ideas, so I'm totally up for having something like that. It'd also present an interesting dynamic and I wonder if we could possibly have Lukas getting a bit more distant as time passes due to Demetri's causal homophobia and his insistence on being friends with people like Zach. As for Charelle, that is also a good ideaTM and would be a really interesting memories thread to explore. I'd imagine him being good friends after that experience, with him being one of the people who understand her best, if that sounds like an idea to you. He'd probably be flustered by the quips she makes, but takes it in his stride and is able to laugh about it.

I've also added my second character concept, Milly Rosenberg, so if you wanna start pitching ideas for her, that'd be cool too.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Ryuki
Leader
Ryuki
Leader

September 24th, 2017, 12:28 am #10

Regarding Milly:

I think Yuki would enjoy playing cards with her. Yuki could also teach her how to play D&D.

Zach, on the other hand, would probably be banned for being an little jerk during a game.

Ned is also pretty nice, so maybe she could be friends with him as well.
[+] spoiler
Deviant Art page: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/
[+] spoiler
V6 Character Portraits 1: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628674956
V6 Character Portraits 2: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628677580
V6 Character Portraits 3: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628707051
V6 Character Portraits 4: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628790712
V6 Character Portraits 5: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628826007
V6 Character Portraits 6: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628872275
V6 Character Portraits 7: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628917002
V6 Character Portraits 8: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629018182
V6 Character Portraits 9: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629104652
V6 Character Portraits 10: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629224217
V6 Character Portraits 11: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -630645292
V6 Character Portraits 12: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -694930675
[+] spoiler
Ned Jackson Sprite (from Yugikun)
Yuki Hayashibara Sprite (from Yugikun)
Zachary Beck Sprite (from Yugikun)

Ned Jackson (by Mimi)

Yuki Hayashibara (by Mimi)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Mains
Ned Jackson- Voice actor extraordinaire
[+] spoiler
M1-P1-P2-P3-P4-P5
Yuki Hayashibara- The smart triplet
[+] spoiler
P1-P2-P3
Zachary Beck- Short, foul-mouthed prankster
[+] spoiler
P1-P2
Others
Yuko Hayashibara- The tough triplet (to Yugikun)
Yuka Hayashibara- The pretty triplet (to Maraoone)