MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 1st, 2015, 8:44 am #11

Christ, that face. That wasn't at me, was it?

Some random underclassmen girl (her name was called at the beginning of every class because attendance was a thing, but fuck all if he could remember what it was) had been crawling around and junk off to the side for like, an hour. Or maybe it was around ten seconds, time tended to get all distorted like that when inside a boring classroom. Now that she was back in her seat, she slung a look in what appeared to be Jerry's direction. He wished he hadn't been looking at the time, but it was kind of hard not to with all the previous distractions and crap.

Then Wayne spoke up, saying what Jerry had wished he thought of ten seconds ago.

"Oh oh, actually I need to go too-"

"Wayne's first, Mr. Fury. There's one girl's pass and there's one boy's pass." The words made Jerry's heart sink. If only it would sink hard enough to strike his bladder, that'd show his freaking teacher. Seemed like there'd be no escaping this hell for at least another...

He looked at the clock.

Ten minutes. Oh, oh thank sweet Jesus, we can survive ten minutes.

He still had his comic book, after all, and he hadn't even really gotten into it. Surely that could keep his attention, given there was nothing else to do in this damned class. Well, besides pay attention to what was going on the board and actually learning. Then again, Jerry had decided long ago that avenue just hadn't worked out for him. He'd simply pester somebody else later to give him some one-on-one help with the homework, and that'd be enough for him to pull a passing test grade out of his ass. Worked every time.

Oh. Right. What the hell did she want?

While Wayne was getting himself situated, Jerry craned his neck around, deciding to get it another ol' college try.

"Yeah?" He whispered.
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 1st, 2015, 1:13 pm #12

Kimiko had lost track of what was going on. One of the underclassmen was picking up her pencil off the floor and had made a scene of it. Then Wayne got up to go to the toilet, normal things but for some reason they happened so close together. It was almost interesting. It was definitely more interesting than trigonometry. No one was ever going to confuse Mrs Brown for an interesting teacher.

As Wayne was moving though Jerry turned round and asked her what she wanted. Kimiko's first reaction was to start signing but she caught herself. Jerry probably didn't know sign language; in fact she would have been very surprised if he did. Instead she picked up her pen and quickly scribbled down a crude note, really not the stealthiest way to pass a message on.

Wat U Reading?

Yep grammar had gone out the window, but Kimiko was favouring speed. She kept the note low in the hope Mrs Brown wouldn't see. It would be such a stupid thing to get caught for. Really wasn't worth the effort but she had committed to the plan now. Either everything went off without a hitch (unlikely) or she and Jerry got caught (likely). Kimiko was hoping for option one but you could never really be too sure. Regardless as soon as she was happy Jerry had read the note, she didn't wait very long it was one and two thirds words. She crumpled it up and slid it into her bag, disguising the movement as retrieving a bottle of water. So very subtle of her.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Espi
Winner

May 3rd, 2015, 1:25 am #13

Alice went back to drawing, looking up every few minutes to try and keep up, but the information was just going in one ear and out the other. She just didn't get it. Hopefully there wasn't any homework, or Alice would be totally screwed.

After a few minutes, Alice had the rough sketch of a flower drawn out on her sketchpad. It was pretty, but kind of generic; there wasn't much appeal to a nice drawing of a rose when everyone ever had probably drawn one or attempted to do so at some stage or other. While technically speaking the sketch looked nice, there wasn't much else going for it. No soul.

Alice ripped the sheet out of her sketchpad, crumpled it up and tossed it into the garbage can. Or tried to, since it bounced off the wall above the can and fell onto the floor. Darn. That would bug her for a little while.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Iceblock
Survivor

May 3rd, 2015, 2:47 am #14

He hadn't really thought this all the way through. Still, he had permission to go to the bathroom, and everyone had heard him ask, so he couldn't very well back out now.

Wayne took a moment to straighten out his notebook as he got up, casually scooping the scrap of paper he'd written on into his hand as he did so. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Jerry muttering something to Kimiko. Interesting. Maybe there was something going on between them after all. Too bad he had his own stuff to not screw up at the moment.

His hands in his pockets, Wayne beelined for the door. Stopped short. Took a few steps to the side, so that he just so happened to be in front of that junior girl's desk. Alice was her name, he realized, just before he leaned down and put his hands on her desk.

"Hey," he said in a low voice. "I don't really know you, but I might be gone for a while, so can I catch the notes from you after class?" He didn't bother waiting for a response. She was probably still pissed. "Thanks."

Whether she would end up giving him her notes or not, he made sure she received his, letting it peel away from his palm as he lifted his hands from her desk again.

sorry. missed my throw. Next to the words, he'd drawn a stick figure shrugging, with a sheepish grin on its face.

Then he made his way to the door, and grabbed the hall pass, and left.

He was free, in more ways than one.

((Wayne Cox continued in I Know What My Fortune Is))
[+] spoiler
This space intentionally left blank.
[+] spoiler
V6:
B041: Wayne Cox -- KABAR Combat Knife -- Forget-Me-Not
G053: Melanie Beckett -- Tickle Me Elmo -- Knife to the Canvas

V5:
G069: Lauren Rowe -- Empty Syringe/Needle -- I'll be Their Bogeyman

V5 Pregame:
David Cordell -- Dead Ringer
Jason Lin -- Dead Ender

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 4th, 2015, 4:00 am #15

Huh. Is that it?

Kim wanting to know about the comic made a lot of sense. The only query Jerry could have thought of was that she'd want to know something about the scribbles and runes on the whiteboard, and he was about 99.99% sure she was a lot better at math than he was. So, one question answered and one aspect of unease abated.

It then occurred to Jerry that if Kimikuluha or whatever her full name was could tell he was reading a comic, then others could potentially figure it out, and either Mrs. Brown could probably spot him too... or somebody nearby would rat him out. It was a horrible thought, a 'shitty' thought he would say, and Jerry decided he wasn't going to risk getting his comic book taken away by some disgruntled faculty member. He slid the comic off his lap and back into his bag.

I'll suffer through the last... I'unno, ten minutes. Who cares?

Picking up the bright pink mechanical pencil on his desk, Jerry scawled 'Suicide Squad' at the top of the page in what he deemed to be large lettering, then picked up the notebook and held it up in front of him as if to admire his handiwork... while giving the girl behind him a nice, clear look at what he'd just written in his less-than-impressive handwriting. Why she couldn't have just whispered her question was beyond him - she never seemed to talk all that much. Actually, the more Jerry thought back about it, he couldn't even remember what her voice sounded like. Weird.

Setting the notebook back down, Jerry settled himself in his seat and hoped that Kim's curiosity had been fully sated. He stared at the board and the magic Mrs. Brown was conjuring on it. Not a single minute in and with his eyebrows drooping, he suddenly wished she had ALL the questions for him.

Kill me. Oh god, kill me, I need this class to END!
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 4th, 2015, 7:35 pm #16

Oh, he was reading Suicide Squad; it was alright. Although it couldn't hold a candle to Secret Six, something it was obviously trying to imitate. It was just average, which was both a compliment and criticism. Compared to some of DC's line-up it was fine but put it up there with the best of their current crop and it paled in comparison.

Unfortunately getting the answer to her question meant that Kimiko had to go back to paying attention to Mrs Brown, who was busy giving a drier lecture than the Saharan Desert. There was only so long Kimiko could stand to listen about triangles and how to figure out their angles. It didn't look like there was long left in the class though. That was good, lunch was next and Kimiko could go and meet up with some of her friends and chill out.

All she had to do was make it through the final few minutes. Her mind started to wonder, thinking ahead to when the next new releases were coming out and if there was anything in them she was interested in. If she had her dates right the new issue of Saga was supposed to be out either this week or the next. That would be one she needed to pick up. Saga was always good quality; it reminded her that she'd have to check when the next issue of East of West was coming out. That was something to do during lunch or when she got home.

She glanced up at the clock. There was still time left in the class. Kimiko sighed; it even like time was trying to keep her stuck in a world of sides and angles.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
[+] spoiler

Espi
Winner

May 4th, 2015, 7:57 pm #17

Alice looked up from her seat, just as the boy who'd thrown the piece of paper at her walked by. "Oh, uh..." she said quietly as he requested the notes from her. She wasn't sure how to respond; after all, he'd kinda thrown a thing at her, and that didn't seem like the kind of behavior she should reward. Still, if he was asking politely, she might as well.

"Okay." She whispered back as he moved away, dropping a piece of paper on her desk in the meantime. Picking it up, she looked over the note, which was apparently intended for her. Alice wasn't used to getting notes in class. Reading it over, Alice smiled. He wasn't so bad, then. It was certainly sweet of him to apologize.

Returning the note to her backpack, Alice made sure to take detailed notes for the rest of the period with a smile.

((Alice Baker continued in Laws of Motion))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 5th, 2015, 5:39 am #18

The bell rang, and every muscle in Jerry's body turned to jello.

Slumping as liquid-like as he possibly could at his desk, Jerry breathed a sigh of relief, lazily watching classmate after classmate file out the door. "Hey, Kim," he called out. No sense in risking a jab at her real name and butchering it. "Why didn't you just whisper it back to me? Like, y'know, what I was talking to you about earlier? Would've been a helluva lot easier than passing a note."

Since the noise in the classroom had picked up so much with the end of the period, Jerry didn't bother so much with keeping things hush-hush. Heck, even if Mrs. Brown did overhear by some miracle, wasn't much she could do now, was there? Not catching them after the fact.

"Actually you never really talk much, do you?" He asked, hands tucked behind his head. "What gives? Why you so damn quiet?"
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 5th, 2015, 3:45 pm #19

Finally the bell rang granting Kimiko her freedom for Mrs Brown's class, something she was extremely grateful for. The amount she valued her lunch was far greater because of the class. Trigonometry would do that to you. It really made Kimiko appreciate people who actually enjoyed math, because they would have to deal with stuff like that all the time if they picked it as a degree. She inwardly shivered at the thought. It sounded horrific.

She was packing her things and preparing to make her way out when she heard Jerry call out. It took her a second to realise that he was talking to her. It was surprising; they never really spoke at all. She stopped and moved forward to where he was sitting. He had slumped almost all the way down his chair like some sort of melting person.

Oh. He was asking her why she hadn't spoken to get his attention and why she never talked much. Ohhhhh. That was awkward. Kimiko was caught off-guard by the fact Jerry apparently wasn't aware she was mute. She had thought it was common knowledge among her classmates. After all she was probably the only mute person in the entire grade. It was kind of embarrassing to be openly questioned about it again. She'd already been through it once when she'd first got to high school. To have to explain herself to a classmate in their senior year wasn't pleasant.

She held up her index finger in a way that said 'one sec' as she rooted through her pocket for her iPhone. She unlocked it with a quick slide of her finger and pressed the button for the notes widget. She'd moved it onto the dock for easy access; it was a necessity for her in terms of communication. Quickly tapping in the words Kimiko turned the screen round to face Jerry when she was done.

I'm mute. Physical injury.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 7th, 2015, 4:34 am #20

Jerry read the words on the screen... and his expression faulted.

Oh. Jesus fuck. Mute, like, on a TV screen mute.

Now it all made sense. That was the good news. The bad was now he felt even more foolish than when class was in session. Shit, he couldn't even look Kim in the eyes, given how horribly he assumed he must have offended her. She probably would have shouted at him angrily. Y'know, if she could. Which she couldn't. Because she was mute. Like she just fucking said.

"Uh, uh right! Sorry, slipped my mind a sec!" Jerry lied. "You know, just kidding and whatever. We should talk co- ... we should discuss comics sometime. Yeah. That'd be cool."

Don't look at her. Put your stuff in the bag. Don't check a mirror to see how red your face is.

Abort.

Abort.

Abort.

He hightailed it out of the room like a deer in the fall. He left so quickly that he even forgot Suicide Squad, having fallen underneath his seat.

((Jerry Fury, continued onward and upward in Laws of Motion! Hoo ha!))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] spoiler