HUG ME

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

May 3rd, 2015, 9:43 pm #1

A relationship thread? What're the chances?

Y'all know the drill by now, be my friend or mortal enemy or intimate lover or guy down the street from.

Nate Turner

Nate's a swimming and soccer team member (he's more casual about the former than the latter) cooking enthusiast, theatre nerd (though his acting still leaves something to be desired) and an active Christian, specifically Methodist. Nate's a very enthusiastic and hard working fellow who likes to get along with people by sharing these traits. He's also really really clingy when he gets anxious, and he has a fairly anxious disposition to begin with. He also has proportional dwarfism, which he's pretty insecure about.

Nate's looking for friends and foes alike. Friends can be born of shared interests, sympathy for his anxiety problems or just plain mutual like, but teasing him about his height (or frankly teasing him a lot in general) is probably more likely to upset him than anything, so those sort of friends may not be super sustainable. Foes can find any reason to be against him, either because he won't leave you alone when he's upset or just because he's so easy to upset in the first place.

+ Asher Glas ~ Soccer Bros
+ Clarice Halwood ~ Various topics buddy
+ Conrad Harrod ~ Swim team shenanigans
+ Jasper Bustamante ~ Christian Soccer Bros
+ Kaylee _____ (TBH's gal) ~ Drama geeks
+ Curtis _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Drama geeks
o Georgia Lee Day ~ Fellowship acquaentinces.
o Rod _____ (TBH's guy) ~ No strong feelings
o Samuel Howard ~ Amicable acquaentince
- Darius Van Dyke ~ Total Deeeeeeeeeeeck
- Haley Juarez ~ Insensitive jerk
- Cris ____ (TBH's guy) ~ Don't tell me what to do

Vanessa Stone

(Bit of a WIP still, some aspects are up for changing)

Local rocker, softball player and wild party gal, Vanessa has pretty poor impulse control and just goes for whatever she feels like doing, a lifestyle her dad enables with a very generous allowance to substitute for his constant absence from her life. She's generally used to having things revolve around her and getting her own way, but she's also a loyal friend who's quick to come to their aid, though she can be difficult about it if she has to sacrifice something important to do so.

Vanessa's also looking for friends and foes in general. She's already got a BFF through Cameron Herrig and is a member of legendary rock band Peyote Coyote, but she certainly needs friends from the softball team and other pals in general. Plenty of reason to get pissed off with her too and be an enemy, considering how much she wants things to go her own way with little disregard for people who might not have that luxury.

+ Danny Brooks ~ Casual buddies
+ Haley Juarez ~ Play hard all day erryday
+ Cris _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Sup, man?
+ Kaylee ____ (TBH's gal) ~ Casual buds
o Lily Caldwell ~ Potential go-to mechanic but otherwise indifferent.
o Rod _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Don't try to shut down my band.
o Curtis _____ (TBH's dude) ~ I'm supplied, thanks.
- Georgia Lee Day ~ Freakin' tryhard.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 4th, 2015, 11:41 am #2

Asher and Nate should be bros. I missed out on bro time with you last version. Let us bro time.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Violent-Medic
Winner

May 4th, 2015, 12:07 pm #3

Nate and Clarice would prolly get along really well. They both do track and theatre, they're both really enthusiastic and hard-working, and she's chill about people being clingy or nervous. And she'll verbally headbutt anyone who's an ass to him.

I feel like Danny and Vanessa would probably get along? Unless Danny asked her out and got a yes in which case it probably ended up badly. He's also honestly kind of a pushover when it comes to what other people want to do so there wouldn't be much clashing in her wanting to do stuff. (Arguments are hard, if he's uncomfortable enough he'll just escape.)

Vanessa might have bumped into Lily here and there just because of parties but that's likely the extent of it.
[+] Spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] Spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

May 4th, 2015, 3:24 pm #4

wrote:Asher and Nate should be bros. I missed out on bro time with you last version. Let us bro time.
Soccer bros should absolutely knock each other's balls around.
wrote:Nate and Clarice would prolly get along really well. They both do track and theatre, they're both really enthusiastic and hard-working, and she's chill about people being clingy or nervous. And she'll verbally headbutt anyone who's an ass to him.

I feel like Danny and Vanessa would probably get along? Unless Danny asked her out and got a yes in which case it probably ended up badly. He's also honestly kind of a pushover when it comes to what other people want to do so there wouldn't be much clashing in her wanting to do stuff. (Arguments are hard, if he's uncomfortable enough he'll just escape.)

Vanessa might have bumped into Lily here and there just because of parties but that's likely the extent of it.
Nate and Clarice prolly would get along really well, especially if she's the type to stick up for him.

Danny and Vanessa could have a great casual romance if he does ask her out, and his pushover nature would make them even more compatible from Vanessa's perspective.

Vanessa prolly thinks Lily's too much of a nerd to be interested in her, but at the same time as you say I can't imagine she knows her all that well to begin with. That said Vanessa also has a jeep which she loves so if Lily was willing to tune that up for her from time to time then there might be a nice friendly business relationship going on.

Cicada Days
Winner

May 8th, 2015, 5:19 am #5

I SHALL NOT HUG

Nate (using the full profile leggo):
- So I could see him and Irene having quite the history. They were probably elementary school friends, she would have been super friendly, might have been initially hard to stomach but she'd have stayed the course. She'd be protective of him, and eventually she does join him in both soccer and theater, at least for a time, and she'd probably still see him after school occasionally in those activities through her informal association with both. I'm curious about how he'd react to her anti-theism tendencies and opinions as she hit high school though. They both seem like the sort who mutually can't let go of friends due to stubbornness from different sources. Maybe they can get argumentative or he quietly dislikes her sometimes?
- Asimah would have known Nate through Irene and she could have been one of his tutors in the past. How'd he have reacted to being flirted with? I can imagine it might be something of a confidence booster, even if he turns her down.

Vanessa:
- If she ever met Irene I could see them getting along not necessarily due to shared interests but very shared lasseiz faire outlooks on life. They're both blessed with good lifestyles and getting their own ways, and I could see them bonding over spending sprees in LV or whatever, and Irene can be dragged out to parties even if she's not too much of a drinker or druggie. Sort of like, individually it doesn't seem like they'd get along but when put together their traits strike me as fitting together pretty well... That could also make them strong enemies as well though! Honestly dunno how to call this.
- Asimah and Vanessa could meet through parties. Asimah would have flirted. Etc.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

May 8th, 2015, 12:20 pm #6

NO HUGS NO FRIENDSHIP.
wrote:- So I could see him and Irene having quite the history. They were probably elementary school friends, she would have been super friendly, might have been initially hard to stomach but she'd have stayed the course. She'd be protective of him, and eventually she does join him in both soccer and theater, at least for a time, and she'd probably still see him after school occasionally in those activities through her informal association with both. I'm curious about how he'd react to her anti-theism tendencies and opinions as she hit high school though. They both seem like the sort who mutually can't let go of friends due to stubbornness from different sources. Maybe they can get argumentative or he quietly dislikes her sometimes?
I can see them having been pals in elementary school, particularly if she got to him before his bullying problem started in the fourth grade, and I can see them being soccer and theater club buddies too. Her anti-theism tendancies might get on his nerves, depending on how pushy she is about them, but I don't think Nate's particularly bothered about people of other faiths so it shouldn't be a huge hurdle. Overall a nice casual friendship that's been going on a while is totally on the plate.
wrote:Asimah would have known Nate through Irene and she could have been one of his tutors in the past. How'd he have reacted to being flirted with? I can imagine it might be something of a confidence booster, even if he turns her down.
Can't comment on knowing her through Irene until I've got that settled but Nate wouldn't have had a tutor due to the family being on a tight budget. Also honestly I'd prefer it if she hadn't tried to flirt with him, so for the most part let's just leave these two unintroduced for now.
wrote:- If she ever met Irene I could see them getting along not necessarily due to shared interests but very shared lasseiz faire outlooks on life. They're both blessed with good lifestyles and getting their own ways, and I could see them bonding over spending sprees in LV or whatever, and Irene can be dragged out to parties even if she's not too much of a drinker or druggie. Sort of like, individually it doesn't seem like they'd get along but when put together their traits strike me as fitting together pretty well... That could also make them strong enemies as well though! Honestly dunno how to call this.
Vanessa does do drugs and I imagine she drinks too, so that might be awkward for Irene. However, I can see what you mean about their personalities merging together whilst clashing at the same time, and I think there could be an interesting relationship there.
wrote:- Asimah and Vanessa could meet through parties. Asimah would have flirted. Etc.
They totally could have met through parties. Vanessa does NOT appreciate girls flirting with her though, so that'd probably put an end to it there and then unless Asimah backed off, and even then it might still be awkward.

Cicada Days
Winner

May 8th, 2015, 3:34 pm #7

Slam wrote:NO HUGS NO FRIENDSHIP.
FINE BE THAT WAY
wrote:Can't comment on knowing her through Irene until I've got that settled but Nate wouldn't have had a tutor due to the family being on a tight budget. Also honestly I'd prefer it if she hadn't tried to flirt with him, so for the most part let's just leave these two unintroduced for now.
She was a volunteer tutor for the most part but that's fine, they can always have never met.
wrote:Vanessa does do drugs and I imagine she drinks too, so that might be awkward for Irene. However, I can see what you mean about their personalities merging together whilst clashing at the same time, and I think there could be an interesting relationship there.
Not awkward, she has Asimah as an older sister. Irene at most might occasionally nag which might be one of the ways their mutually bullish personalities butt heads.
wrote:They totally could have met through parties. Vanessa does NOT appreciate girls flirting with her though, so that'd probably put an end to it there and then unless Asimah backed off, and even then it might still be awkward.
Asimah lays off the moment anyone tells her to, but if Vanessa would be uncomfortable with her in the future that's fine, she'd be given space.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Aloha
Contender

May 15th, 2015, 1:41 am #8

Nate

- He and Jasper are both devout Christians and part of the soccer team! If Nate minds Jasper's rambling, they'd get along terrifically!
- Samuel and Nate are both in cooking classes, so they'd definitely cross paths. Not entirely too sure if they'd be on good terms, though. Devotion is a thing that Samuel would raise a brow at, but if Nate's chill on some of the more liberal topics then they'd be chill.
- Haley's in theatre and definititely would pick on Nate on occasion. While they don't actively seek him out they'd definitely poke at him from time to time, which is likely enough to set him off.

Vanessa

- Vanessa sounds like the perfect friend for Haley: music, partying, softball (still unsure of Haley's sport but softball's the one I'm leaning on): what's not to like? There's a 50/50 chance drama's split them up, though it's relatively up to Vanessa.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] Spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] Spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] Spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] Spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

May 15th, 2015, 2:22 am #9

Nate

Nate and Kaylee are both in theatre! She'd be all "Guys, stop being mean to him : (" at people picking on him, so I could see them getting along. She lives under a lot of stress though so it's definitely possible he's caught her on a bad day now and then. A fun fact is she's only about five inches taller than he is. She deals with anxiety and self-consciousness too, so she'd have some sympathy. If they're friends she's probably really nice and affectionate to him. She might or might not be uncomfortable if he gets clingy, I'll have to mull on it and it might depend on the extent of it.

Nate's friends with Clarice who's a close friend of Rod's, so he and Rod are maybe familiar, plus Rod is the type most will probably have heard of with how successful a wrestler he is. I could see them being decent acquaintances if Nate isn't scared off by Rod's super serious and intense outward demeanour. He's really ambitious and hard working so he and Nate have that kind of thing in common. They have a shared enjoyment of cooking.

Cris seems like he just doesn't give a shit, and a lot of the time he really is kind of burnt out and apathetic, but he's sharp as a whip and when he's interested he's really competent and hard working. If Nate's seen him in practise or at a game he'd see how intense and driven Cris suddenly becomes when it's time to be serious. How close they are might depend on how sensitive Nate is and if he's tolerant of drugs though; Cris is definitely pro-marijuana, has maybe offered Nate a joint to help him relax before, it's possible he's fired a Tyrion Lannister joke at Nate before or something, but he's someone who cuts out the joking if someone's offended or uncomfortable. He'd definitely take a "you need to stop worrying so much, man" attitude towards Nate though.

I see Curtis as having interacted with Nate before in like musicals and such. He's passionate about his hobbies and is an incredible singer for his age. He does his best to be very cordial to people, and would probably very firmly tell people hassling Nate to behave themselves - considering he's a nearly 300 pound man mountain who powerlifts on a competitive level, people generally listen. He has a scarier side to him, but unless Nate has seriously pushed his buttons for a good while, he's unlikely to see it. Curtis might or might not get annoyed at the clinginess if they're close - it's up to you if they are - but is likely to remain quite friendly even if so; he doesn't believe in burning bridges.

Vanessa

All of my concepts so far make at least some appearances in the party scene, so Vanessa could have encountered any of them through that. Now, for some specifics:

Kaylee is a somewhat common sight at parties, partly because she feels pressured into acting more extroverted than she is. She's pretty and popular and nice to most, she might not like Vanessa's selfishness but if they do become friends there'd be mutual loyalty. She'd go to Peyote Coyote's shows and stuff when she has time!

Rod likes rock, though he's more for the classics, so I could see him dropping by PC's shows if they're any good. He might not approve of the name, something something turning part of Navajo culture into a marketing thing, but if they're good he'll be honest about liking them. It's possible there's been an argument but Rod's not unreasonable about his defensiveness over this kind of thing, he's not going to be a huge dick about it because it's not like they named themselves the Redskins or whatever (if he thought they were actually being racist, he'd quickly be all "Hey, that's racist, cut it out"). There's potential for clashes over Vanessa taking it for granted stuff will just revolve around her, but it's also possible for them to get along. We can discuss it, I'm sorta just blasting all my thoughts onto the page at the moment. Rod is sorta someone where you either get put off by his initial impressions/outward demeanour, or get to know him and realise he's usually fairly chill when he's familiar with you (or, you step on his toes one too many times and he explodes at you). He is someone who tells people exactly what he thinks if it comes up though, so if they know each other she'd better be able to put up with blunt honesty.

Cris likes to support the softballers, though he's busy with baseball so he might not always be dropping in on games and stuff. Between that, shows, and parties I overall see Cris as the one of mine Vanessa is likely to know most. If she's pretty (she doesn't seem bad looking in Frogue's pic, even if she looks like she's stared too long into the abyss O_O) he's probably flirted with her/tried to get with her, though it'd be pretty light and if she said no or acted uncomfortable with it he'd back right off. I don't remember if orientations are incompatible or anything? He's pretty no-worries and nonjudgemental overall, more or less because he just doesn't care enough to get worked up over the small stuff and likes to just generally get along, but if someone's close to him he'll give hell to anyone who gives 'em trouble. Since Vanessa does drugs and Cris is a pot guy, they could always smoke together and stuff too. Depending on how the softball team shapes up/if there's room for NPCs and such/if I throw a softballer into my remaining concepts, I'm reserving the possibility he has dated one of her teammates before because it seems possible.

Curtis is a familiar sight at these things but doesn't go as out of his way to go to them, though he's probably supplied many a party with product. Since you said Vanessa drinks and does drugs, Curtis can hook her up, if he thinks she's trustworthy (he's very careful about his business, and won't approach someone for a deal if he thinks they can't be relied on; their money isn't worth jail time). If they interact, I could see it generally being positive, but he has less immediate stuff to latch on to with her than say, Cris, so it might be up for some discussion. Also I reserve the right to edit this post as ideas come to me!
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

frogue
Winner

May 15th, 2015, 8:20 am #10

Georgia Lee's pretty active in the christian community, so might know Nate through that. I don't think she'd actively tease him, and she'd probably be friendly enough, but his difficulties might make her kind of impatient.

She's also a softball player, so she'd know Vanessa through that. Their personalities are pretty different, so I don't think they'd have all that much to do with one another, but if Vanessa's partying ways ever interfered with the team, GL would be pretty pissed.

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

May 15th, 2015, 9:53 am #11

Oh my, so many new friends suddenly

(By the way guys last names when you name your kids would be helpful for me compiling the list!)
[+] Spoiler
wrote:- He and Jasper are both devout Christians and part of the soccer team! If Nate minds Jasper's rambling, they'd get along terrifically!
I see no reason they wouldn't get along famously.
wrote:- Samuel and Nate are both in cooking classes, so they'd definitely cross paths. Not entirely too sure if they'd be on good terms, though. Devotion is a thing that Samuel would raise a brow at, but if Nate's chill on some of the more liberal topics then they'd be chill.
Nate's pretty open minded as far as lifestyles go (can you really imagine me writing a gay basher?), but I don't think Sam's the type of guy that Nate would gravitate to by default. No reason for them to openly hate each other though, I suppose.
wrote:- Haley's in theatre and definititely would pick on Nate on occasion. While they don't actively seek him out they'd definitely poke at him from time to time, which is likely enough to set him off.
Nate does not like this girl at all >:C
wrote:- Vanessa sounds like the perfect friend for Haley: music, partying, softball (still unsure of Haley's sport but softball's the one I'm leaning on): what's not to like? There's a 50/50 chance drama's split them up, though it's relatively up to Vanessa.
Vanessa likes this girl very much :). But in all seriousness, since Vanessa has similarly poor control of her impulses I'm sure they'd butt heads on more than a few occasions. Doesn't mean they can't still be pals though.
[+] Spoiler
wrote:Nate and Kaylee are both in theatre! She'd be all "Guys, stop being mean to him : (" at people picking on him, so I could see them getting along. She lives under a lot of stress though so it's definitely possible he's caught her on a bad day now and then. A fun fact is she's only about five inches taller than he is. She deals with anxiety and self-consciousness too, so she'd have some sympathy. If they're friends she's probably really nice and affectionate to him. She might or might not be uncomfortable if he gets clingy, I'll have to mull on it and it might depend on the extent of it.
I can see them being pals, and Nate may start use her as one of his fall-back people when he's freaking out. Could be some nice dramatics going on there.
wrote:Nate's friends with Clarice who's a close friend of Rod's, so he and Rod are maybe familiar, plus Rod is the type most will probably have heard of with how successful a wrestler he is. I could see them being decent acquaintances if Nate isn't scared off by Rod's super serious and intense outward demeanour. He's really ambitious and hard working so he and Nate have that kind of thing in common. They have a shared enjoyment of cooking.
I feel like quiet intensity isn't really Nate's natural draw? That said, no reason they should be hostile to each other, particularly if Clarice has noted his positive traits.
wrote:Cris seems like he just doesn't give a shit, and a lot of the time he really is kind of burnt out and apathetic, but he's sharp as a whip and when he's interested he's really competent and hard working. If Nate's seen him in practise or at a game he'd see how intense and driven Cris suddenly becomes when it's time to be serious. How close they are might depend on how sensitive Nate is and if he's tolerant of drugs though; Cris is definitely pro-marijuana, has maybe offered Nate a joint to help him relax before, it's possible he's fired a Tyrion Lannister joke at Nate before or something, but he's someone who cuts out the joking if someone's offended or uncomfortable. He'd definitely take a "you need to stop worrying so much, man" attitude towards Nate though.
I'm not sure Nate would really appreciate being offered drugs or told to relax more, and it's hard for me to really pin down how he'd react to his apathy that's contrasted with his hard working nature. I think he's someone Nate wouldn't really want to hang around with if he can help it, sorry.
wrote:I see Curtis as having interacted with Nate before in like musicals and such. He's passionate about his hobbies and is an incredible singer for his age. He does his best to be very cordial to people, and would probably very firmly tell people hassling Nate to behave themselves - considering he's a nearly 300 pound man mountain who powerlifts on a competitive level, people generally listen. He has a scarier side to him, but unless Nate has seriously pushed his buttons for a good while, he's unlikely to see it. Curtis might or might not get annoyed at the clinginess if they're close - it's up to you if they are - but is likely to remain quite friendly even if so; he doesn't believe in burning bridges.
Sounds like they'd be pals through the theatre. The fact that Curtis is bloody huge would probably be a bit intimidating to Nate even if he wasn't the height he was, but if he's been able to get along with him before then I see no reason they can't get along more. Him being clingy at some point is certainly possible, we'll have to see about that.
wrote:Kaylee is a somewhat common sight at parties, partly because she feels pressured into acting more extroverted than she is. She's pretty and popular and nice to most, she might not like Vanessa's selfishness but if they do become friends there'd be mutual loyalty. She'd go to Peyote Coyote's shows and stuff when she has time!
If she can get past Vanessa's selfishness then it's possible they'd be friends. That said, the fact she's on edge a lot (from your description in regards to Nate) might be something Vanessa finds to be a drag.
wrote:Rod likes rock, though he's more for the classics, so I could see him dropping by PC's shows if they're any good. He might not approve of the name, something something turning part of Navajo culture into a marketing thing, but if they're good he'll be honest about liking them. It's possible there's been an argument but Rod's not unreasonable about his defensiveness over this kind of thing, he's not going to be a huge dick about it because it's not like they named themselves the Redskins or whatever (if he thought they were actually being racist, he'd quickly be all "Hey, that's racist, cut it out"). There's potential for clashes over Vanessa taking it for granted stuff will just revolve around her, but it's also possible for them to get along. We can discuss it, I'm sorta just blasting all my thoughts onto the page at the moment. Rod is sorta someone where you either get put off by his initial impressions/outward demeanour, or get to know him and realise he's usually fairly chill when he's familiar with you (or, you step on his toes one too many times and he explodes at you). He is someone who tells people exactly what he thinks if it comes up though, so if they know each other she'd better be able to put up with blunt honesty.
Vanessa would point out that Peyote Coyote is a fuckin' awesome name and it's not like the Native Americans /own/ peyote and coyotes, or whatever. I'm going to say it'd depend on their initial few reactions really.
wrote:Cris likes to support the softballers, though he's busy with baseball so he might not always be dropping in on games and stuff. Between that, shows, and parties I overall see Cris as the one of mine Vanessa is likely to know most. If she's pretty (she doesn't seem bad looking in Frogue's pic, even if she looks like she's stared too long into the abyss O_O) he's probably flirted with her/tried to get with her, though it'd be pretty light and if she said no or acted uncomfortable with it he'd back right off. I don't remember if orientations are incompatible or anything? He's pretty no-worries and nonjudgemental overall, more or less because he just doesn't care enough to get worked up over the small stuff and likes to just generally get along, but if someone's close to him he'll give hell to anyone who gives 'em trouble. Since Vanessa does drugs and Cris is a pot guy, they could always smoke together and stuff too. Depending on how the softball team shapes up/if there's room for NPCs and such/if I throw a softballer into my remaining concepts, I'm reserving the possibility he has dated one of her teammates before because it seems possible.
Vanessa's open to playful banter as far as flirting goes but she can get uncomfortable quickly if people start actually making a move on her, but at least he backs off so that's cool. His relaxed attitude probably meshes well with Vanessa's hedonism, so I can see them getting along pretty well.
wrote:Curtis is a familiar sight at these things but doesn't go as out of his way to go to them, though he's probably supplied many a party with product. Since you said Vanessa drinks and does drugs, Curtis can hook her up, if he thinks she's trustworthy (he's very careful about his business, and won't approach someone for a deal if he thinks they can't be relied on; their money isn't worth jail time). If they interact, I could see it generally being positive, but he has less immediate stuff to latch on to with her than say, Cris, so it might be up for some discussion. Also I reserve the right to edit this post as ideas come to me!
Vanessa already has a peyote supplier through Skinny Sharpe; I don't know how quick Vanessa would be to start looking for other dealers if he was unavailable, but I think at the same time she's not addicted enough yet that she can hold off until he shows up again (or would like to think so, anyway).
[+] Spoiler
wrote:Georgia Lee's pretty active in the christian community, so might know Nate through that. I don't think she'd actively tease him, and she'd probably be friendly enough, but his difficulties might make her kind of impatient.
Georgia Lee might be a little intense to be great friends with Nate, but I can see him trying to get along with her as far as the Christian stuff goes.
wrote:She's also a softball player, so she'd know Vanessa through that. Their personalities are pretty different, so I don't think they'd have all that much to do with one another, but if Vanessa's partying ways ever interfered with the team, GL would be pretty pissed.
They do indeed have clashing personalities; I think Vanessa would probably take the piss out of her serious attitude on the field, not necessarily spitefully but not as friendly teasing either. Call them antagonistic towards each other.

Aloha
Contender

May 15th, 2015, 11:29 am #12

wrote:Nate does not like this girl at all >:C
wrote:Vanessa likes this girl very much :).
It's worth noting that Haley is agender, though she did identify as a cis girl before this, possibly up until early high school.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] Spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] Spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] Spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] Spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

May 15th, 2015, 2:25 pm #13

No worries on Cris. For Kaylee, while she can be on edge it's not so much a constantly visible thing as a private strain she feels, as she puts on a front of always being cheery and stuff. Someone close to her might pick up on it but it's not always going to be obvious.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

May 16th, 2015, 5:54 am #15

The feel I get for Vanessa and Rod, having thought about it, is maybe there was a somewhat chilly initial impression but after they got past that they're pretty cool with each other? Like I said, Rod's not super unreasonable unless you've already made him go nuclear, which it sounds unlikely to happen. Dunno if stoner rock is really his thing but he's probably at least checked the group out.
[+] Spoiler