Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

November 15th, 2015, 2:10 pm #16

I NEED A MAN GUYS.

I haven't roleplayed a relationship since V4, and I've decided that my next character is going to be pretty gay, so I'm looking for potential boyfriend material. Actual boyfriend with thread(s) 'n' stuff, not just 'these two are dating but never actually bump into each other'.

I'm still in the initial stages of concept so you will have to bear with me, but the alpha version is that he's a pretty emotional and affectionate guy who wants to be a chef, but also has some self-esteem and negative thought pattern issues.

If you think you'd be interested in something like this as a starting point, do drop me a shout here or by PM or whichever.

CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder
CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder

January 2nd, 2016, 10:31 am #17

Hey there, Slam! I'm tumbling through some of the relationship threads and thought I'd stop by here; I can see possibly relationships between our characters. Hear me out and see what you think ^.^

Nate: Both of my kids would know Nate XD

In terms of Lani, she'd most notably know him through classes (because they're in the same grade) and through swim team. Lani would be able to sympathise and empathise with Nate on his feelings of anxiety and insecurities, for Lani was initially outcast by her pairs because she wasn't exactly like they were. I feel like this has the potential to pull the pair close, and his clinginess wouldn't deter him from her, she'd read it as Nate allowing himself to show his vulnerability. I reckon there's potential here.

As for Juniper, her and Nate share a mutual interest in theatre. She's a friendly and relatively kind soul, and I don't see her disliking Nate. Juniper herself can have quite a clingy nature, so his clinginess wouldn't irritate her.

Vanessa: Lani probably wouldn't know Vanessa, unless she ran into her at a party (which Lani doesn't really frequent because of her experiences with alcohol), so even then, it mightn't be very well. Lani might get irritated by her entitled nature, and may even be jealous of her ability to hold a less than positive reputation but still mesh well with others. I think there could be a neutral acknowledgement here, or dislike if Vanessa's disposition would generally oppose Lani's.

I don't think there's much interaction going on between Vanessa and Juniper. Might she purchase body cosmetics from the store that Juniper works at? Aside from that...they're in the same grade.
Version Six:
Lani Salder ?
?I?m just like everyone else.?
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton ? ?Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars??
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche ? ?Well, at least you tried.?
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together
[+] Spoiler
Pumpkin and Feta Freeform Tart with Mixed Leaf Salad
Deluxe Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

January 3rd, 2016, 9:30 pm #18

Howdy, Corey.

Had a looky over Lani and Juniper. I agree that Nate would know Lani and Juniper through mutual interests, and I see no reason they couldn't be buddy buddies with each other.

Vanessa would probably not find Lani that interesting, and Juniper's personality quirks might actually make Vanessa think she's too much of an oddball to like her. So indifference towards the former and being put off by the latter is the vibe I'm getting.

These are just surface reactions based off your tl;dr friendship thread summaries mind, so I might be missing some of the finer details.

CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder
CoreyImperia
Cannon Fodder

January 4th, 2016, 12:38 am #19

I think those sound great as you've described them in all honesty (I'm also hunting for more people put off by Juniper).

Yay, more friends! :D
Version Six:
Lani Salder ?
?I?m just like everyone else.?
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton ? ?Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars??
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche ? ?Well, at least you tried.?
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together
[+] Spoiler
Pumpkin and Feta Freeform Tart with Mixed Leaf Salad
Deluxe Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache

Somersault
Survivor

January 27th, 2016, 12:11 am #20

Hi Slam! I'm just going through the relationship threads, to see who my kids might be friends/enemies/lovers/something else with!
I think that Jane would probably encounter Vanessa a lot at parties, and they could possibly know each other from that. I think that Candice would know Nate from theater, although Candice may talk incessantly about the Kardashians.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] Spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] Spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] Spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

January 29th, 2016, 12:33 am #21

I concur that Jane and Vanessa could've crossed paths at parties, though I don't think they really have much in common outside of that, and their shared desire for everything to go their way may lead to actually not getting along. Hard to say right now, really. I agree that Nate and Candice would know each other from theatre, though Nate knows jack all about the Kardashians and would most likely politely smile and nod.

IN THE MEANTIME I feel like I need someone to actively pick on Nate soon. Everyone's so damn polite and friendly with him in his threads so far.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

January 29th, 2016, 6:29 am #22

NateVanessa
AlvaroI see Alvaro and Nate being pretty good friends! Their interests line up fairly well; both are in the soccer team, they both like to cook, and they both have anxiety disorders that Alvaro can emphasise with! My biggest question is if he'd be part of Alvaro's cafe crowd, but I see them being pretty good friends even if he doesn't go there!I don't see anything that'd correlate Alvaro and Vanessa; none of their interests line up and she wouldn't be someone that'd trigger him.
JeremyI could see a one-sided dislike of Jeremy on Nate's part. Jeremy could have made fun of Nate's height at some point as a joke which could lead to stuff!They're both gamers who are super into music so they correlate fairly well with each other. He'd be likely to catch onto Vanessa's self-centeredness pretty quick and he'd be okay with riding the backseat if he needed to.
BenNate's in the drama club and he doesn't seem to be gay or a bully so I think they correlate fairly well! Ben's also a pretty cool/calm guy who doesn't like bullies so I think he'd be a pretty good friend/influence outside of the club?Same here for the most part. They don't do the same sport but the sports are super similar and games are held at the same place so they could have interacted when games intersected and then became friends at school?
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

March 3rd, 2016, 1:03 pm #23

Yugi I didn't forget to reply to you I swear.

Alvaro and Nate can certainly be buds! He probably doesn't have much time to be a café regular, but everything else sounds kosher. Vanessa and Alvaro have little reason to know each other, I agree.

Nate is happy to dislike Jeremy if he takes the piss out of his height, you bastard. Vanessa is cool with Jeremy's mutual interests if he's willing to let her take the spotlight.

Nate is happy to be friends with someone who doesn't like bullies like Ben. Vanessa and Ben could totally have bumped into each other over ball a few times.

And now that we have a new character, it's time to request new friends!

Sandy Bricks
Keep in mind that, as Sandy is in the critique phase, elements are still subject to change.

So Sandy's a fairly to-himself kind of guy who's big on art, but he still wants to connect with other people and has sporadic attendance of the art, newspaper and yearbook clubs. Would like to find some people for him to be buds who can deal with his low moods with, but any ideas for relationships are always appreciated. He's also into dudes, so if you're a dude who is also into dudes then perhaps there's some spark there when he's up for being around other people. Go forth and suggest stuff~

Laurels
Mr. Danya

March 27th, 2016, 12:56 am #24

Hey, I noticed that Nate and Noah might know each other from Drama Club. Sandy and Nadia might also get along due to their shared interest in photography.
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] Spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rorick Skyve
Leader

March 27th, 2016, 10:38 am #25

Greetings, good Slam.

As far as I can see, Sandy and Maxim would probably go along rather well, as you might know since you critiqued him. Both are rather introverted, but try to socialize with people, at least occasionally. They also seem to have quite similiar childhoods, at least in some regards, as well as a shared fondness for fiction/reading. I could see them sort of connecting over their reclusive natures, as well as Maxim being drawn to people who are somewhat similiar to himself.

He would also have an understanding for Sandy's occasional "low moods", as you put it, since he tends to be in similiar moods himself.

Lastly, even though Maxim hasn't outed himself as gay yet and probably has no knowledge of Sandy being homosexual either, I could see this shared aspect of their characters leading to an interesting dynamic.
[+] Spoiler
Maxim Kehlenbrink ---- Memories 1-2--- Present 1- 2-3-4-5 --- Sadie Hawkins Dance 1

Aiden Slattery ---- Present: 1-2-3-4-5--- Sadies 1-2--- Memories 1 - 2

Jane Madison (Adopted from The Burned Handler, who adopted from Somersault, who adopted from Espi)

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

March 29th, 2016, 10:48 pm #26

Hello frands.

Nate and Noah should definitely know each other from drama club. Depending on whether or not Nate's familiar with Noah's drag act (I haven't read in the profile in a while, you'll have to forgive me) he may find it a bit odd and perhaps a tad confusing, but the guy's not that judgemental. I also agree that Nadia and Sandy could get along relatively well, if being introduced through the photography then leads to a general amicability.

I must admit Maxim and Sandy doesn't immediately jump off the page at me as a dynamic duo; if anything their lack of shared interests and mutually reserved nature makes me think they wouldn't have much reason to strike up a huge conversation. That said, there's no reason that it has to be completely off the table, and perhaps if the two interacted we might see something more apparent. Hard to say at this stage.

Dannyrulx
Leader

May 16th, 2016, 12:41 pm #27

(Damn I am late to all of this...)

Seems me like Maria and Nate would be friends. Both of them are cooking enthusiasts, and whilst she's no sportswoman, she can keep pace. Considering she's Italian, she's probably gonna be more catholic leaning, buuuuut whatever.
Let them be friends!

Oh, and Maria and Vanessa should be party bros. (Bro-ettes?)
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
AUCTIONED OFF DUE TO INACTIVITY.
My eternal shame was that I let this happen.
[V7]
Yeah, It hasn't even started yet and I already have characters, That's what happens when you're an idiot.
Elizabeth Wilson: "I rock an eyepatch. Kinda have to, but it's nice to have style in the bargain.
[/spoiler]