Hideaway

The storage closet, as it was known is in actuality a large room that used to be a gallery before the building became an asylum. The staff, seeing no use for it, decided to instead use it for storing anything and everything. This led to it being filled with metal shelves that hold various boxes, which in turn are filled with various supplies such as stacks of paper, clipboards, pens, and so forth. Never very well organised or maintained to begin with, the storage closet was forgotten about when the asylum was abandoned and is now called home by many spiders and rats.
Yugikun
Mr. Danya

August 21st, 2016, 9:04 am #11

He had ran.

((Alvaro Vacanti, continued from This Isn’t My Home, It’s Where I’m Locked Away))

He didn’t know for how long. He didn’t know how far. All he knew was that he had to run because Min-Jae was right behind him and he was bigger and stronger and more angry than ever. He couldn’t fight, as his opponent was bigger and better armed than him, so he had to run. And he did. Through the building across the floor, as far as his legs could possibly take him. If he had ran past anyone, he didn’t notice, and even if he saw something that vaguely reminded him of the shape of a person he didn’t dare to look back and check again. He didn’t know where Min-Jae was, but he knew that he was somewhere behind him and he didn’t want his surprise to make him fall or slow down or anything that allowed him to catch up. No. He had to keep running. Keep running or else Min-Jae would catch up to him and he didn’t know what would happen then and he didn’t want to know.

So he kept running. Down the hallways. His heart was pumping. His skin was sore. It reached to his muscles and to his bones and to his throat and he wanted to stop but he couldn’t. The breaths were short, shallow. Nothing reached his lungs. He needed to breathe but to breathe he needed to stop and if he stopped Min-Jae was right behind him and he would catch up and-

He needed.

He couldn’t.

He couldn’t.

He stopped, the last remnants of momentum in his body dissipating as he fell to his knees.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in, breathe out.

He needed to breathe and he had stopped to do it but no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t. The breaths weren’t reaching. They were going into his mouth and down his throat but they were staying there and they weren’t going further and the bruises and batters were getting worse, he could still feel them and they hurt and he didn’t know what to do about them and oh god how had he gotten these how why did this have to happen to him and how had he manage to mess this up so bad and he couldn’t breathe and he couldn’t breathe and he needed to-

A sharp volley of coughs came from outside the storage room.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

August 22nd, 2016, 9:15 pm #12

Sandy could only stand there, looking at Audrey with stunned disbelief. It took him a moment, but he finally conceived the concise response to her whole peace-making spiel.

“I do not give a shit about any of that.”

Danny at least had the advantage of being in the same class as him, but he still couldn’t remember Audrey even a little, and here she was trying to peddle some bleeding heart idealism at him? Tell him that he wasn’t in danger, that she thought he was a nice guy, that him, her and Danny could team up and take on the whole world together?

“Why is this so hard to understand? I don’t want company, I don’t want to hang out with you or Danny or anyone else right now, and I don’t care if you think you’re going to hurt me or not.”

And why should he? Audrey was way smaller than him, and he knew that neither she nor Danny were well armed. Who was to say that he couldn’t take that bottle and smash their faces in with it if he had the mind to? Yeah, it was a blunt response, but they had long overstayed their welcomes and he did not care to think nice things towards people who just insisted on ignoring everything he was saying.

“Fuck your truce. Fuck you.”

He turned to head towards the door. He wanted them to leave, more than anything at all right now, but he didn’t have the energy to keep fighting for the room. His head was starting to buzz with anger and stress, and he knew a headache was coming on if he didn’t find somewhere else to calm down. All he wanted was some peace and quiet.

As his hand gripped the handle to the door, he heard Alvaro’s hacking fit from outside. “For fuck’s sake, what now?” he thought to himself, before opening the door and finding out.

Violent-Medic
Winner

August 23rd, 2016, 2:39 am #13

Danny couldn't help but feel a little bit offended at 'not a credible threat.' He was a footballer, for fuck's sake, he was totally a credible threat. Not that he wanted to murder anyone—fuck, he didn't even want to think about that—but… come on, he was totally credible.

Even so, he slowly reached out and likely shook Audrey's hand.

“Uh. Danny Brooks? Better-looking twin of Jacob Brooks?”

Long-running joke that probably wasn't funny any more, used whenever he met someone that might know Jacob and didn't know him (which wasn't much, Jacob wasn't the social type.) But it clicked suddenly that Jacob had been going on the other science trip. He wasn't here. Danny felt the first bit of relief he'd felt since he woke up. God, he could not have dealt with that.

Audrey was babbling about stuff she'd done and about alliances and stuff. Danny wasn't sure if he wanted in on that. Sandy had already made him nearly shit himself, and there was nowhere he could get new pants here if it happened for real. And Audrey… well, he didn't know Audrey. If it'd been one of his friends, he'd be all signed on. But… well, he wasn't—

And Sandy was swearing at them and leaving, okay.

“Yep. The nicest of guys,” Danny said in a fake cheery tone.

And then coughing. And before Danny could even think about hiding or the fact that his weapon was near the door and out of his hands—shitty weapon it was, but it was his only weapon—Sandy had opened the door.

“...Oh, hey, it's, uh...” Danny paused for a moment. For some reason, he couldn't remember the guy's first name. “It's Vacanti. The guy from Vacanti's.” He didn't know if that made the guy trustworthy or not but it was information that Danny associated with good things.

Mostly with food. Damn, he could go for some nice food.
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

kervin555
Cannon Fodder
kervin555
Cannon Fodder

August 24th, 2016, 11:57 pm #14

Audrey cringed. She started to get that sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that she always got whenever she tripped and fell on her metaphorical head; her head in this analogy being her, at the moment, seemingly inept social skills. Sandy did not want to be bothered which, in this life-or-death situation, seemed like a totally reasonable response actually. Her palms started to get sweaty and she could feel the insecurity just welling up inside of her. She was thankful that Danny was being a lot more amicable about the whole thing.

"Better-looking twin, eh? I can see that." Audrey tried to offer her best smile to try and defuse the whole thing. Although, she thought after a moment, flirting might not be the best way to go about it. He was pretty good looking; not totally handsome, but she'd go for it if she were more confident.

After an awkward second, Audrey looked at Sandy as he tried to depart. She wanted allies in this whole affair, she really did. But not someone as volatile as Sandy. "Yeah, okay," she said. "Good luck out there and everything." She mumbled that last one, suddenly not feeling all too hot about her chances out here.

There was hacking fit outside. "Oh, great," she muttered. "What now?" Sandy seemed to have the same idea. Danny went to go investigate immediately, something that Audrey didn't think was the rightest thing to do in that moment. She reached out to try and stop Danny from opening up the door but, well, by the time her hand had latched onto his arm, he'd already swung open the door. Audrey cringed yet again, suddenly holding onto the nunchuks a bit more tightly. Apparently, the kid outside was an eponymous Vacanti from that restaurant Vacanti's. Which was obvious enough given that it was written on his shirt.

"Oh, hey," Audrey spurted out. "I know you - right? Haven't I seen you at the chess club? You're, uh-" Audrey wracked her brain. She hated it when she forgot things. Compartmentalize. Alvaro! "Alvaro!" She snapped her fingers in triumph. "Yeah, uh, you're the, the-" Uh. "-soccer guy with the, and the - restaurant. Vacanti's. I saw you there a couple times. I think." She quieted down, taking a few steps back. Alvaro was always a nice guy from what she could remember.

"Yeah, so... need any cough drops or something? I think I still have some in my jacket somewhere..." She dug through her pockets and pulled out a little pillbox full of cough drops. Audrey always kept a couple in case her asthma started acting up. "I always keep a couple in case my asthma starts acting up," she explained.
Virtua-SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - The Broken Bird - "Until we find out, you're going to need me."
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks
Virtua-SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - The Ingenuine - "Um, I think we're lost."
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling
SOTF V5 - Bradley Edwards - The Spare - "Call me a cynic..."
Pregame Threads: Debates and Discourse
Meanwhile Threads: Above it All
SOTF V6 - Audrey Reyes - The Dedicated - "Get the camera!"
Pregame Threads: There's No Time Here in Space
Threads: Hideaway

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

August 26th, 2016, 9:33 am #15

The door opened.

More people.

Oh god.

The voices and the replies blurred in his head initially as he stared through the doorway to the storage room. People; the first he had met since Min-Jae. Faces, all staring at him because of course he had to be so loud as to accidently make himself the center of attention (they were probably judging him for that, he couldn’t see their eyes but he knew that they were, it was just something he had learned to accept at this point). Faces that he recognised, if only slightly. Sandy Bricks, photographer. Danny Brooks, footballer. Audrey Reyes, someone that he couldn’t think up anything for. They weren’t faces that he personally knew but they were ones he knew the names of, at the very least. And they were looking at him. At his face, probably. They could see the bruises and the cuts and they were probably wondering what happened to him.

Wait, no, no, what did they think about that? Could they see his bruises? Did they know where they came from? He knew that they didn’t because Min-Jae was somewhere behind him and he was the only other one there but he didn’t know, he just knew that they knew, if that made sense. They knew that he had somehow managed to get those injuries from someone else and that that had to mean a fight but wait did they know Alvaro had started it? Wait, no, he did, didn’t he. His glasses were broken and his face was messed up and it was all his fault. Wait, no, focus Alvaro. There were people in front of him. They knew that he was probably in a fight and he knew that he was done now. They weren’t friends of his, they were just going to leave him out because why would they choose to put him in? He was him, and he was injured. That was reason enough.

He blanked out, for what seemed like a second. Focusing on the coughing and in his mind and on how this was a mistake.

He came back in again. The girl had pulled something out of her pockets. Cough drops, for him, apparently.

For him.

For him.

“I-”

Wait, this had to mean something. The girl - Audrey - was willing to give them to him despite his being bruised and his being in a fight. That had to mean something. Friendliness? Friendship? He wasn’t sure. But she was being incredibly nice to him, maybe he should accept it, or something. He wasn’t sure.

“Thank you,” he said, words coming slightly stilted out of his mouth. He began to push himself up, trying to get his body against a wall. He didn’t really think that just laying down there would be the best idea. He sat down, against a wall just outside the room.

The bruises and the bashes on his face and chest could be seen now, although he didn’t really think about that.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2016, 4:01 pm #16

Sandy saw Alvaro looking like absolute hell when he opened the door. He knew Alvaro from some classes, but only as a familiar face. He’d obviously gotten into quite a beat down, though, given how roughed up he looked.

He still could not give any more of a shit about any of this.

“Nope.” He replied simply, pushing his way out the door and walking down the hall. More people, more problems.

((Sandy Bricks continued in Amoung these "hallowed" walls...))

Violent-Medic
Winner

August 27th, 2016, 4:39 pm #17

Sandy left. Well, he wanted to be left alone, so… what's the worst that could happen? Well, there was death and dismemberment. But besides that? Oh man, Danny did not want his mind going down that road. There were a lot of nasty ways to kill someone. The internet loved surprise-linking to the stuff that happened on here for shock.

Shut that line of thought right down. Focus on Audrey and her cough drops, and Vacanti, the guy from Vacanti's. Audrey said Alvaro. Alvaro? That didn't sound right, he was sure there'd been an N in there, but—

Danny shuffled past Audrey and got closer to the door. He picked up his CD player from where it had tumbled in a heap after he'd thrown it at Sandy. Did it still work? Hell if Danny knew, there wasn't even a CD in it. But it was still his only weapon. Once he'd picked it up, he moved outside where Alvaro had sat down.

Yikes. Alvaro looked like shit. All smashed up.

“The fuck happened, man?” Danny gestured at his own face in order to clarify. “You, uh… you fight someone off? Are people already…?”

Nope. Didn't want to consider it.

“Or maybe you tripped?” Danny finished lamely.
[+] spoiler

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."

kervin555
Cannon Fodder
kervin555
Cannon Fodder

August 30th, 2016, 3:21 am #18

Sandy was gone - that was about as predictable as Audrey could expect. Honestly, she didn't feel like making him anything like a partner in her endeavors; she knew enough times from group projects that one bad egg can spoil the rest. Audrey wondered whether her rather immature comparison to inane high school classes was a coping mechanism brought upon by her subconscious in a meager attempt to compartmentalize further, in order to prevent her from becoming a stress zombie that was prone to anxiety attacks. Whatever.

Audrey looked to Alvaro, suddenly now noticing the wounds on his face. Her eyes shot wide, her mind now far away from Sandy What's-His-Name. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed, rushing to his side. Many, many long memories of her mother nursing her wounds when she was a little girl rushed to her mind as she quickly brought out her bag. She fished around for the medical kit. "You need to get some help, stat." She propped him up against the wall, quietly urging him to keep his body straight.

"Alright, well..." She remembered that she had to ice the area of the wounds, but she doubted there was any ice. However, there were alcohol pads and bruises hardly ever came without scrapes. That would almost certainly cause more pain than the bruises themselves. Audrey pulled out a bottle of, what was that, ibuprofen? "You should take these," she said, holding out to him another pair of pills - this time painkillers. "Here..." She took a bit of the pads - not too much - and started treating where he had been hit. "How the hell did you get so badly injured, anyway? Are people already... you know, killing each other?" She lifted his chin, holding onto it with her small fingers so she could more clearly see and access his wounds.

"Hey, Danny?" She turned to the larger boy. "Do you know what could've caused wounds like these? Are they bad? Fatal?"
Virtua-SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - The Broken Bird - "Until we find out, you're going to need me."
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks
Virtua-SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - The Ingenuine - "Um, I think we're lost."
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling
SOTF V5 - Bradley Edwards - The Spare - "Call me a cynic..."
Pregame Threads: Debates and Discourse
Meanwhile Threads: Above it All
SOTF V6 - Audrey Reyes - The Dedicated - "Get the camera!"
Pregame Threads: There's No Time Here in Space
Threads: Hideaway

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

September 1st, 2016, 10:12 am #19

People. More. Around him. Audrey came closer. Danny came closer as well. Sandy didn’t, moving past Alvaro outside of sight. Alvaro didn’t mind that, not too much. At least he wasn’t one of the people crowding around him because even though he knew that they were only trying to help him they were close and it was scary and as much as he wanted a bit of space he didn’t want to say it out loud because he knew that they would hear and they were trying to help him and he appreciated that. It was just that they were close. A little too close. The only other time someone had gotten that close to him was Min-Jae when he was sending the bar down on Alvaro and he knew that they were friendly but he just couldn’t shake the feeling off and it felt like the worst thing in the world.

And they were speaking to him, too. The voices were blending in his head, individual words and messages not making it into his mind but the idea of both made it into his head. Someone had hurt him. Who was it? The answer to that question was Min-Jae, but-

Oh god.

He had started that fight. It was his fault. He had attacked Min-Jae and if they knew that they wouldn’t help him. He knew they wouldn’t. He figured that they were doing this out of sympathy for him and if they knew that he wasn’t innocent then that sympathy would be gone. So he needed to lie. Just… say something that would keep their sympathy. He didn’t want to do it and he didn’t want to lie to these people but he needed it. He couldn’t treat the wounds he had, but they were willing to. He just needed to say something but it needed to be a lie and he needed someone to treat him and he needed to just do something.

He needed to breathe. In, out, then:

“It was Min-Jae. He hit me.”
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

September 1st, 2016, 12:24 pm #20

To Audrey’s question, Danny shrugged and made a noise that sounded a little like ‘I don’t know’ except high-pitched and like it’d been put through a blender. Alvaro could be anywhere between ‘just a little bruised’ and ‘lots of fatal internal bleeding.’ Danny wouldn’t know the difference.

Although, he was reasonably sure that Alvaro should have his own supplies, and that Audrey didn’t need to give him hers. Nice of her and all, but wouldn’t she need those? Unless any wounds killed her before she could—aaaand cutting that chain of thought off. Nope.

Alvaro explained what had happened. Ohhh, Min-Jae. Yeah, Danny could totally see Min-Jae deciding to punch someone so fast. Guy was kind of a dick. Angry, sometimes. There were worse people, but Danny wouldn’t have been going in for a hug with that guy any time soon.

“Yeah. That’s rough.”

Danny eyed Alvaro’s bruises warily. Maybe he should avoid Min-Jae if he sees him. Then again, Min-Jae was like a skinny goth dude, how tough could he be? Danny could just football tackle him and be like ‘you need to chill and stop punching waiters.’

“Uh, but you got away from him, yeah? He’s not following you?” A horrible thought occurred to Danny, that maybe Alvaro had ended the threat in a super permanent way. Self-defence and all that, sure, but… “He’s still alive, yeah?” As he said that, his grip tightened a little on his CD player.
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1