Ciel
Mr. Danya

March 30th, 2015, 2:43 pm #16

Eeey. I added all of the relations for Jazz and scout, and I added all of the other characters I'm thinking of bringing in. Just to bump this thread up and to also pressure myself into filling in the blanks here.

@Kami lmao she'd be creepy in the sense that there is no separation between internet personality and real life personality. Jazz won't be creeping on anyone who is Asian so much as bragging about how much Japanese she knows.

@TBH I'll grab you both when you're on chat and talk things over. There's stuff I wanna know.

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 30th, 2015, 2:55 pm #17

I was in the whole time but you left.

EDIT: ALSO, there's totally a real Justice living in Kingman. I thought he was an actual Justice Armstrong but his last name is Jackson, as seen here.

Edit edit: Also also, what is a paternal father? Scout's father on her father's side? This is a weird family tree.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

March 30th, 2015, 9:33 pm #18

Oh, btw.

Considering Marco is an anime fan as well, I'd assume that him and Jasmine would be amazing anime buddies together. Jonathan would be a theatre buddy with Ashley, although he doesn't act like a nice person so she might not like him.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

April 21st, 2015, 2:55 pm #19

Hi.

I finally got around to finishing my concepts. I'm actually getting rid of Justice for the time being, going to go back to the drawing board with him. This thread has been wip for a long time so it's good to have all of this done now.

Let the planning commence.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 21st, 2015, 5:20 pm #20

Ciel. Cieeeeeeeeel. Hi :3 I'mma throw things at your face now, okay? Cool, okay.
On D.J. Jazzy Jeff
Alex and Jacob probably don't hang with her much.

Ulysses and The Weeb could be pretty close, I think. He's the tabletop/roleplaying guru of Cochise and a big part of the animu club, so they'd be around each other a ton. He probably teases her a bit, but in a friendly way, and I could see them getting along well.

Abby and Jazzy could be friendly as well. Their interests don't align as much, but Abby likes friendly people and doesn't mind her lack of boundaries or social cues, plus she bakes a ton and I feel they could bond over delicious cookies shaped like animu characters. yes yes maybe?

On the other hand, Ty's gonna haaaate her. The boisterous, annoying lack of boundaries is enough to set him on edge, but Ty despises tumblr SJW types for being(in his mind) condescending and out of touch as all fuck. She'd probably be one of his reactive bullying targets.
On Scout's Code
I feel like there could be some one-sided hate for Alex from her? He's a popular, try-hard dude who doesn't fit into her niches, so I think she'd dislike him. He probably doesn't think much of it.

Weirdly enough, I think Jacob and Scout could be bestest goddamn friends. Jacob isn't into a lot of her stuff, but they both hate dealing with people, and they're both anti-bullies, and they're both quiet, grumpy, slacker types when it comes to school and class, so I could see them hanging out and having lunch together and stuff.

Ulysses and Scout probably know each other, since she's into video games and he's a local streamer? Not sure whether she hates him or not because he's a joker and a slacker and a stoner and generally just kinda doesn't give a fuck. As an out of shape, openly gay super nerd I feel like there's a chance he's seen some bullying so they may know each other through her trying to shut shit down.

Ty and Scout probably grump at each other a lot. He's a bully, in his way, and he doesn't people well, so I could see them having an antagonistic relationship.
On Ashley
Alex is both a drama kid and one of the members of the baseball team, so I feel like they'd know each other in passing and be friendly?

Probably not much for Jacob and Ty with this one. Mostly just ignoring her if she tries to be friendly, though Jacob would probably be polite and respond, just not enthusiastically.

Abby and Ashley could be okay friends, just because she has connections to the theater crew and Abby's an outgoing person who likes having friends.

Ulysses is a giant stoner. They'll get along just fine.
On Jaylen
Jaylen and Alex would definitely know each other well, and he'd be...friendly but kinda really hate her because she's nosy and he doesn't like his affairs looked into. Their relationship would turn icy fast if she couldn't keep that curiosity under control around him while they work together on the council. He'd actively undermine her in a bid for president, since he'd rather work with almost anyone else at this point, and he has other close friends in the council game that he'd prefer to prop up.

Jacob probably doesn't like her, she's nosy and pious and annoying, but he doesn't say much.

Ulysses thinks she's a giant joke and takes every opportunity to make fun of her because it amuses him, and there's basically nothing she can do to him that won't just make him laugh harder.

Abby is great with animals, given her mom's business and her few million pets, but Jaylen might be someone she doesn't like very much. She tries to be open and friendly with everyone, and she comes from a fringe side of Christianity, so they'd clash a fair bit on world view.

Ty hates her. Views her as the kind of needy, judgmental bottom feeder that thinks too much of herself and gets everything handed to her. There'll definitely be some sparks between these two.
On Piers
Alex and Piers would get along real well. Alex is a connections guy who thrives on hooking people up with favors and they could probably do well by each other. We should rap about these two whenever we've got a sec in chat, I think there could be some big stuff here.

Is Piers a big reader? Jacob is in the book club, so they could know each other there.

Ulysses and Piers seem like they could be buds. They're both performers, Ulysses is hooked into the music scene, and he's always looking for a way to score munchies.

Ty might actually like this one as well. Probably not close friends, but he can dig it, maybe he sees a show every once in awhile.

I can't think of much between him and Abby, other than general bubbly friendliness. Maybe they've jammed together, at some point? She's always looking for people to play music with, and his band name would tickle her.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

April 21st, 2015, 7:11 pm #21

While I'm waiting on you, I'll throw up ideas for your lot with the four I have so far.

Jazz

This isn't SOTF-TV, so if they were to know about Jazz being an SOTF "fan" all four of my current lot would be shocked and disgusted. Curtis would remain polite but be more distant, Kaylee would probably be even quieter and sorta avoid her - or if pressed be all "that's horrible!" - Cris would kinda be like "That's fucked up, yo" and Rod would basically tell her to fuck off and that she disgusts him. Something to factor in before any of the other ideas with her, since we'll have to figure on how much any given character knows about her hobbies. Due to my own personal interpretation of mainverse (mainly, that SOTF fandom wouldn't be a thing, or if it were only insofar as there's sickos out there who fangirl over the Columbine killers and such) this will probably be a universal thing to note for further characters I come up with too. Now, otherwise:

Curtis is the most likely one to actually know Jazz, because of anime club stuff. He's likely nice to her and reasonably friendly, though she comes on a bit strong for his usual tastes; her weeaboo stuff probably irritates him and he tries to discourage it, without crushing her interest in Japanese culture overall. I could see him recommending lots of non-anime Japanese cultural stuff to her, like insisting she read Murakami or whatever. He comes from a pretty conservative background but has slowly been breaking away from it, and maybe her interest in social justice is helpful to that. It could be another thing he thinks she overdoes a bit, though, depending on how Tumblr she is with it. If she does anything drugswise he could sell to her, if he can trust her to keep it on the down low. He is very careful about his business, and would have most likely observed for a time before offering his business at all to see if she can be trusted. The most likely to stay somewhat friendly if he knows about the SOTF fan shit, because he doesn't believe in burning bridges.

Rod could go either way, with liking her to a reasonable extent (for one they have similar interests in social justice) to being annoyed by her being so loud and overbearing and boundary-less. Maybe tries to get along with her, if he doesn't know about what she's into. Would find her disgusting if he learned about SOTF interest, but doesn't care about drawing and roleplaying and stuff; that's sort of a "hey, you do you" thing.

The boisterousness and lack of boundaries would startle Kaylee a little and generally make her feel a bit uncomfortable around Jazz, but I could see her being friendly in a way where Jazz isn't hurting anyone and Kaylee generally tries to get along with people, and Jazz thinks of them as friends and Kaylee isn't the type to be all "Uh, no we're not." Maybe Jazz frequents the diner Kaylee works at? They have some mutual interests, especially since I think part of Kaylee's artistic side came from her mother being a court sketch artist who does other art work for a side income.

Cris might be a bit of a downer for Jazz, but that could possibly just be a balancing influence. She doesn't seem possible for him to deflate without really putting effort into it. He likely thinks she's fun to be around if a bit tiring. A lot of her eccentricities would kinda roll off him because he doesn't waste a lot of energy caring about a lot of things. He might snark at her a bit though.

Any of them are reasonable candidates to have been kissed (except possibly Kaylee) but it would've been her idea and depending on context reactions would vary. If she's pretty enough one of the guys might've even kissed her back. This would've been before any fallout from SOTF fan stuff of course, so it's something to discuss.

Scout

Scout is going to be stepsisters with one of Rod's closer friends, so they know each other. He's generally decent if not pushed, and I think they can bond over their mutual hatred of Kingman, not to mention her being into video games. They can play together and maybe he can beta test stuff she makes. All of my characters hate Kingman in one way or another and want to escape it; the variance comes in to what level they dislike the place, why, what "escape" means to them, and the like. I could see them being friends, especially since Rod tends to make it clear to people when they're starting to tread on thin ice, which could help her with picking up cues from him and whatnot.

Kaylee gets bullied by some, so Scout could have come across her in her anti-bullying stuff. Dunno if they have much in common but they could either be acquaintances on good terms or maybe Kaylee finds her a bit off putting. I get the vibe she'd try to be nice to Scout but success is up in the air. Been thinking she has an interest in horror, though not so much occult stuff, if that helps to know. Her dad is on the city council, dunno if Scout would care about that while interacting with Kaylee since she hates Kingman so much.

I dunno how much Scout might interact with Cris or Curtis. Let me think on it, or we can discuss it. Curtis would be polite to her if they interact, Cris doesn't really care what Scout might think of him but might identify with how she always looks so tired.

Ashley

I dunno what prep is in this context.

Dunno if Ashley would know Rod unless she went out of her way to approach him, it's another one I'll think about. He'd probably be reasonably nice to her if approached though.

Kaylee is a dedicated member of the theatre club and likely to be good friends with Ashley. She's straight but won't judge Ashley for her orientation. She has her own insecurities to wrestle with and cover for, but I could see her being willing to help Ashley deal with her anxieties.

Cris is ace pitcher on the baseball team and thus likely to at least be known to Ashley, since she's a baseball fan. He could be familiar with her from seeing her at his games and stuff, plus mutual friends with Alex and the like. He's a bit of a downer but pretty nice, in a "good listener and doesn't care enough to judge people" sort of way. Plus he's a pothead so they could smoke up and talk stuff while high and whatnot.

Curtis is likely to be nice to her and is perfectly willing to sell good stuff to her. Possible she got hooked up with him via Ulysses or Cris.

Jaylen

I'll keep you posted because future concepts might be going in for student council.

Rod would at first like her for her maturity and intelligence and what seems to be an ambitious nature, but things would get icy if she doesn't turn off that pious, better-than-you attitude around him. He absolutely cannot stand feeling condescended to, and would make it clear she is in no way better than him. He does like animals though and isn't that bad a guy deep down. If she doesn't piss him off with her pious air and rumourmongering and such, and he doesn't scare her away with his fiery temper and intense, intimidating demeanour, there could be something good there.

I could see Kaylee being someone she simultaneously looks down on a little and goes all momma bear for, especially since Jaylen would be aware of the rumours around her and her (not entirely justified, but not entirely unfounded) rep for being easy. She's pretty conflict averse and would thus try to not cause an argument, though it might not be hard to tell she's uncomfortable with Jaylen sticking her nose in her business. Kaylee's got a big soft spot for animals and probably has a couple dogs, so that's good bonding material, especially since like Jaylen Kaylee is an intelligent person with big goals.

Cris would think Jaylen is hilarious and maybe like being around her, half to snark at her and half due to seeing some things to like about her. He can respect ambition and getting shit done, as depressed and nihilistic as he is, and when he can actually motivate himself he's highly competent. Her looking down on him would slide right off him.

If Jaylen is dumb enough to try blackmailing Curtis she would quickly, and painfully, learn how bad an idea it is. Jaylen might have heard the occasional rumour Curtis is someone to talk to if you need a hookup for substances of a not-exactly-legal nature, but not in much detail, and Curtis would probably deflect any questions asked. I see them being polite and cordial to each other but Curtis feeling it's best they tread carefully around each other. Curtis is likewise a decent fellow deep down, but I'm not sure I see him trusting her enough to let her in to any real extent.

Piers

Rod and Piers seem like they'd get on well out of shared contempt for Kingman, though Rod might be baffled as to what the hell someone like Piers is doing here.

Kaylee would think he's cool and I could see them being friends. Depends a little on if she would be seen as guilty by association, since he hates Kingman and her father is on the city council.

Cris and Piers definitely seem like they'd be pot buddies.

Curtis would happily deal to Piers. There might be some slight, instinctive discomfort around Piers due to the environment Curtis grew up in but he would be polite and tolerant and not actually discriminate against him.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list

Ciel
Mr. Danya

August 10th, 2016, 12:00 am #22

Just gonna bump this. I had lots of plans with you guys, but then I disappeared for the better part of a year. So for any newbies reading this, hi.

Jasmine's ready to go, Scout's in limbo. I'm going to update the OP later, probably once Scout gets in. I'm going to keep the other concepts up for now since I'm planning to go for a full roster instead of leeching off of adoptions, so uhh, yeah, keep that in mind.

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

August 10th, 2016, 12:11 am #23

Curtis and Kaylee no longer apply (they'll probably see daylight in v7) but we can figure out what still works with Rod, Cris, maybe Jane.
[+] Spoiler

Dannyrulx
Leader

August 10th, 2016, 9:38 am #24

I would think that a mutual hatred of Kingsman and the miles of desert it incorporates would be enough to allow Will and Scout to be... Friends-ish.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
AUCTIONED OFF DUE TO INACTIVITY.
My eternal shame was that I let this happen.
[V7]
Yeah, It hasn't even started yet and I already have characters, That's what happens when you're an idiot.
Elizabeth Wilson: "I rock an eyepatch. Kinda have to, but it's nice to have style in the bargain.
[/spoiler]

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

August 10th, 2016, 11:34 pm #25

KINGman.
[+] Spoiler