Violent-Medic
Winner

September 4th, 2016, 8:28 am #11

“Four bottles?” Lily asked, voice strained. Even just thinking about it made her mouth feel drier. “That… is not good.” Even as she said this, she was confirming Lili’s words by counting out the bottles. Letting out a sigh, she said, “I appreciate the information, but I’m going to count up anyway. Just in case.”

“I’ve seen Coleen Reagan and Jasmine Reed. Neither of them seemed particularly dangerous, although… things did get a little tense with Jasmine for a moment.” Lily looked at her injured hand and grimaced. “They were both in the library. Coleen left before I did. I haven’t seen anyone playing yet, but...”

Lily trailed off as she pushed the crackers to the side, writing down the total. The food would last. The water wouldn’t. Clever, really. If she hid somewhere, she’d never outlast the others. Not with only four bottles.

She pushed aside her tissues and sweater, noting them down too. Then she tugged out the first aid kit, opening it and writing down what was inside that. It was slower work. She had to check a lot of labels. Anything she’d used some of, she made a little dash next to.

“Toll Booth,” she mused outloud. “If she’d been trading her water, I might have risked it. But I suppose that was a while ago.”
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 4th, 2016, 4:22 pm #12

Coleen Reagan and Jasmine Reed. She knew Coleen's name and face from the arts department at school, and that she was the lead singer in a local band, but being in two different grades basically put a wall in between the two. Lili had seen Reed in the halls before, but her overly outgoing personality hadn't been very welcoming in the past. If she had run into those two instead of Eye-patch and Kaitlyn, Lili figured she would've had an easier time waking up, but ultimately she didn't really want to switch places with Lily.

"I got a third of a loaf of bread, for a protein bar," Lili said, "And I gave Alan a protein bar and a quarter for his weapon. Poor guy got a plastic light saber from Star Wars. He gave me a bar with his light saber too, so I didn't really lose much over there." As she spoke, Lili took the light saber out of her backpack and inspected the handle. The blade portion of the toy was retracted, a red button on the handle the trigger to open it. Lili tried to press it down, but nothing happened. Don't tell me this thing's defective, she thought, Such a waste!

Then she noticed that there was the faint imprint of an arrow pointing downwards on the button itself. Lili tried to move the button like a switch in the direction it was pointing, and the blade shot out of the handle, which made Lili jump a little. The plastic shaft was colored purple. Lili wasn't an expert on Star Wars, but she was pretty sure there wasn't anybody with a purple light saber. Lili found that pulling the plastic blade out a little further would fully extend it, keeping it in place, and that pulling the button down again would make the blade collapsible.

She swung it around in the air in front of her for a bit, distracted by how light it felt in her hand. At the base of the light saber was a small plastic clip, similar to one that you'd find on the cap of a pen. She clipped it to her waist, sliding it so that the light saber hung outside her jeans on her side. The feeling of the plastic toy on her hip was somewhat comforting. She found a new hope within herself, hope that maybe she wouldn't suffer as much as she thought. Of course, the threat of other students turning violent hung menacingly in the air, like a phantom. For now, though, Lili was content to sit and rest for a little while.

If I'm going to be a Jedi now,, Lili thought, I might as well be a good one. She turned and looked back over at the other Lily, returning to the conversation at hand.

"Hey, there might be running water somewhere here," Lili remarked, "It's a small chance, but it's still possible. I wouldn't get too worried yet."
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Violent-Medic
Winner

September 4th, 2016, 9:04 pm #13

“Please stop waving that around,” Lily said quietly, as Lili waved the lightsaber around.

Sure, it was a fake weapon. But it was a horrible reminder that, should someone be armed with a proper one, that it wouldn’t take much. Just a few steps closer, and one swing.

The more Lili talked, though, the more… inane she sounded. Lily watched her talk, the same confused and wary look on her face, but it was only until the water comment that she spoke.

She had intended for her words to be polite.

“Yeah, why don’t we just put off worrying until we’re out of water?!” Lily asked, her voice abruptly high-pitched and strained. “That’ll solve everything. Nothing could go wrong with that approach. In fact, why don’t you just keep trading your few supplies for joke weapons, too? Did you hit your head? Did you breathe in too much sleeping gas and damage something?”

It may not have seemed polite, but it was better phrasing than what had originally been in Lily’s head. Which had also been louder and accompanied by the urge to slap some sense into Lili.
[+] spoiler

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 4th, 2016, 9:25 pm #14

Lily seemed like she was pissed off.

Of course, it didn't really phase Lili all too much. She should've figured that a girl like Lily would've been somewhat annoyed at Lili's seemingly illogical trading habits, but she was surprised that she didn't pick up that Lili had only gained supplies. Nothing of value was lost, back at the toll booth, but Lily didn't seem to care about that part. With her comment on the water, Lily made it sound like she heard a suggestion to just lay down and die, when the opposite was the reality. Lili just wanted to calm down.

"I'm not saying to just forget about the water, just that we should try to get more information before we start to panic," Lili said, shrugging her shoulders, unfazed by the comments Lily made about the sleeping gas. It was entirely possible that they gave her too much, considering her weight being under the healthy average for her age. She was going to add something on about the trading, but she figured that much was beside the point. "There are two warehouses on the island, and one of them is just down the road. There's gotta be something in there."

And, well, even if you aren't planning on killing, you could always just scavenge. Pick out the supplies from other people's bags that might have been left behind, she thought, but she didn't say that much aloud. It was tempting, but she knew that if Lily was losing her cool, it was all the more reason for Lili to keep hers.

[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Violent-Medic
Winner

September 4th, 2016, 10:02 pm #15

“Unless there’s a river, and judging from the size of this island it doesn’t look likely, there isn’t going to be running water,” Lily said, voice strained. “This place is old. Any pipes would have rusted out. And the terrorists have clearly gone over the place, so I doubt they just left a crate of water bottles in the warehouse.

“And I’m not panicking. I’m thinking ahead. I’d rather be considering this now than when every other kid on the island runs out of water. Except anyone who’s been playing, of course, because they’ll be very stocked up.”

Lily couldn’t go that route, even if she was ready to kill a classmate. She was too small. Too unarmed. Stealing one bottle or two at a time, though… risky, but it could work. Provided the other person was unaware of her and she didn’t repeat her mistakes from the library.

Besides, too many others would inevitably head for the warehouse. And if there really were supplies there, what if there weren’t enough to go around? That was just inviting a bloodbath.
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 5th, 2016, 12:24 am #16

She pondered Lily's words for a moment. She had a point about the running water thing, a fact that didn't sit too comfortably with Lili but was more than likely the truth of the matter on Spiderland. As she made more remarks about people playing, Lili realized that she was glad that her earlier comment stayed in her head. Optimism had run its course long ago, its limp corpse floating across the tumultuous water in a viking funeral pyre, burning brightly even in the midday sun. It was now the Aeon of Realism, and Lili wasn't going to cling to the past any longer than she had to.

"You've got an argument there," Lili admitted, "It's not gonna stop me from checking the warehouses, but the chances of me finding anything are pretty slim, I guess. I'm not exactly comfortable with waiting until it rains to gather water from the sky, either. Then there's the whole trade thing, but that's not likely to go far. What else is there, then, stealing?"

Lili wasn't a sneaky person, but she could probably manage to nab one or two bottles from people if they were careless. She didn't have much of a backup plan if she was caught, though. A nightstick was a handy tool to knock people unconscious with, but then there's the whole "waking up" thing to deal with. Anyone on the receiving end of a nightstick swing wouldn't be very happy with Lili. They'd have more than a few choice words for her if they managed to catch up.

"How long do you reckon it'll take before everything goes to shit, then?" Lili asked, "Before people start getting really, crazy." She was just making small talk, considering Lily had been the friendliest person she had met so far. Lili hoped the two could at least leave the building on good terms.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Violent-Medic
Winner

September 5th, 2016, 7:41 am #17

Lily just shrugged. She didn’t want to outright say that stealing and murdering were the only way someone was going to get extra water, but that was all she could think of. It wasn’t fun to contemplate.

“I’m surprised no-one has lost it already. It only takes one twitchy person with a gun.” Lily turned over a small container in her medkit, reading the label before writing it down. “It would have to be soon. If it doesn’t happen by tomorrow, we won’t have to worry about it.” She put the container back in the kit. “But I doubt it’ll come to that.”

She shut the medkit and slipped it back into her bag before flipping over to the next blank page in her notepad and drawing a line down the middle. On the top of one column, she wrote ‘players.’ On the top of the other she wrote ‘victims.’ It’d just be stupid if she missed the first few names tomorrow because she hadn’t set out a space for it.
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 5th, 2016, 3:09 pm #18

"Oh, cool," Lili remarked, "You found a pencil. I'm guessing they took all of your writing stuff too, so you found that somewhere around here?" Lily was making two separate lists of people, "Players" and "Victims", but neither could be filled at the moment. They had far too little information to be able to do that kind of thing yet. She was probably waiting for tomorrow's announcements.

Lili remembered the shoes in her backpack, and wondered if she could show them to Lily. Would she recognize who they belonged to? How angry would she be that she had kept a secret from her? No, the risk was too great, Lili decided. She'd find out anyway, come morning.

"Who do you think we should watch out for?" Lili asked, "As far as potential players go, that is." She wanted to make it clear to Lily that she was on her side, the light side of the force. She carried around a purple light saber, which was undefined in its alignment, but she was certainly not a member of the Sith. Lili took her lighter out of her pocket and tossed it lightly up and down in the air. She needed to keep her reflexes sharp at a time like this. The second she stepped out of the building, someone violent could be waiting. Heck, someone violent could come through the door right now, barge in and shoot them both.

Lili looked up at the entrance, and did not look away for a long time.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Violent-Medic
Winner

September 5th, 2016, 9:29 pm #19

“I found these in the nearby library. There’s probably still something there, if you need it. I didn’t ransack the entire place.”

Who she actually expected to play, though… hmmm.

“I really don’t know,” Lily said. “Could be anyone. I mean...” She pulled a face. “I am predisposed to say Caedyn, but honestly that’s based on personal bias. She’s never actually been violent.”

She tapped her foot against the ground, thinking properly on the question. It probably was best to consider it now, rather than wait until confronted with it.

“I mean… I can’t pick out individuals. And I wouldn’t bar out anyone. You never know, right? But if I were to guess at the sorts of, uh… qualities?” Lily tapped her foot against the ground again, frowning. “Well, I’d probably be most afraid of anyone small and bullied who’d been given a gun. That’s only guesswork, but… anyone who thinks they’re already in danger of being specifically chased, or who’s bitter towards whoever bullied them… and then given the means of dealing with that?”

Lily flipped over the page of her notepad, and then flipped over a few more, leaving space for a few days.

“...I wouldn’t want to be a bully on this island. For multiple reasons.”
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 5th, 2016, 11:18 pm #20

Lili was small, relatively speaking, and she had been bullied when she was much, much younger, but she didn't have anything close to a firearm. Either way, she technically fit a few of the other Lily's criteria, which unsettled her a bit. As for Caedyn, though, she knew that she'd be more than a little unstable here. Lili had done her very best to stay out of Caedyn's way when they were in school together, but even from a distance her antics seemed toxic at best. Lili agreed with a nod of her head.

Her mind wandered back to the shoes in her bag. The thought that someone could have jumped from the bridge already, at this early in the game, sent chills down her spine. Inside her head, she berated herself for not checking over the bag, but she just didn't want to be near the toll booth group any longer. It was seriously unnerving. Even just thinking about it made her hand shake. She caught her lighter one last time and put it back in her pocket, fearful that if she tossed it anymore that she would drop it.

"Do you think," She asked shakily, "Anyone would've...done something else drastic?" Lili danced around the exact words, biting her tongue.

She waited for a response, anything that would reassure her that the owner of the shoes hadn't done something drastic, that she had only left her bag and shoes because she had gone a bit loopy, but wasn't dead. The chances were very, very slim, but she held onto them all the same.

What if it was someone she knew? The thought left a bad taste in her mouth. The only person she could really pin as likely to do something like that would be Asuka, and she knew that Asuka's more depressive days had passed a year ago, and even then she wasn't depressed in a suicidal way. The rest of her loosely knit circle of friends and acquaintances weren't people she'd pin for suicide right away.

So who was it? Maybe Lily would know?

Lili stayed silent, going still in her chair.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again