Having Fun Isn't Hard

Aloha
Contender

June 13th, 2015, 8:10 pm #1

((Bridgette Sommerfeld continued from Imparare))

Bridgette normally ate her lunch in the cafeteria before heading over to the library. If she could she'd just eat her lunch there, though there was a no-food policy and even though kids rarely got busted for it she wasn't one to break rules. She liked the library and it's quiet atmosphere, even when there was a lot of people inside. It was a nice place to relax during lunch and a perfect opportunity to draw, study, hang out with friends or some combination of those three. Right now she was alone, though she was hoping that someone would drop by to talk.

She was sitting at one of the tables in the center of the library, sketchbook laid out in front of her. She was starting another drawing, sketching the guidelines for a generic figure. After some thought she decided to go for a heftier figure, though she didn't know where to go from there. Bridgette tended to let the ideas come to her as she drew, though at the moment she didn't know what to draw. Nothing she thought of struck her fancy, so she was stuck staring at a blank mannequin on her page.

Oh, what to draw, what to draw...
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 16th, 2015, 11:56 am #2

((Daniel “Danny” Brooks: Pre-Game Start.))

Danny arrived by clattering his way into the chair next to Bridgette and dropping his bag onto the table with a thunk.

“Why're you spending your lunch in here? Libraries are quiet.” Danny paused, then grinned and put on a melodramatic 'serious-guy-in-a-movie' voice. “It's quiet in here. Too quiet.”

He leaned over to peer at what Bridgette was drawing, dropping his face into his hands as he gazed at the page with fascination.

“Whatcha drawing?” he asked, without giving her a chance to answer his first question.
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Aloha
Contender

June 16th, 2015, 7:43 pm #3

Bridgette settled on refining the figure until she could think of something. She was still absorbed in drawing when Danny sat down next to her. Danny was a friend she met through ballet, and therefore one of her closest friends. She liked having him around; he was an excellent conversationalist, and he was a good person to just talk to after a long day.

She smiled at Danny's attempt at a serious voice, but didn't look up as she put her eraser to the paper to clean up the line work. She opted to ignore the library question in favor for the second one.

"I...don't know, actually," she admitted, brushing off the eraser shavings as she studied the figure. "I mean, I'm drawing a person, but I just don't know who." She huffed and leaned back, glancing up towards the ceiling before returning to the drawing.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 17th, 2015, 12:14 am #4

Danny kept staring at the picture, face still propped on his hands.

“What about a ninja? Or like a warrior person with lightning and shit going 'bzzttpewpewpew.' Or... no, no, wait! A ninja with lightning. Or one of those bearded wise dudes with the martial arts skills. Who're all like 'hwaaaaah!'” He made a kung-fu gesture and nearly smacked Bridgette in the face. “Shit, sorry. But if I'd punched your head off and you hadn't been you and instead had been, I don't know... someone villainous and muahahaha... it would have been cool. If I'd been an old man on a mountain or something. You should draw that.”

Having totally solved Bridgette's quandary on drawing ideas, he beamed at her.

He liked Bridgette. She had mad drawing skills, and she didn't shout at him, and she was smart and knew a lot of stuff. Never had time to hang out outside of school, which sucked, and made it even more perplexing that she'd spend her spare time in the library of all places, because why?
[+] spoiler

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."

Aloha
Contender

June 17th, 2015, 7:46 pm #5

Those weren't half-bad ideas. Her usual subject matter was either fantasy or sci-fi, so she hadn't explored any Asian-based designs. Those might be interesting to try and draw. She flinched when Danny almost hit her, though she brushed it off as horseplay and gave him a pass. At least he didn't actually hit her. "You've gotta be more careful" She chastised jokingly. "We're in a library, after all. Anyway, those are some pretty good ideas. I'll go with the...er, 'old man on the mountain' thing."

She looked down at the paper and scrunched her nose. She wasn't that good at drawing old people. It was their faces that gave her trouble: all those wrinkles and stuff were difficult for her to pull off with accuracy. Bridgette didn't draw faces that much, anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. She still needed to draw a beard, though, just to add flair to the drawing.

Bridgette paused, her pencil hovering above the paper before she put it down and sighed. "I need a reference picture to work from," she whipped out her phone and turned to Danny. "What should I google? 'Old man on mountain', or is that too generic?" She looked at the blank search bar. "Maybe 'monk' would work..."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 18th, 2015, 11:01 am #6

“I dunno. 'Old man on mountain' might work, but maybe, uh... yeah, monk. Or 'old kung fu guy.' Or you could Google that old man who did the kung fu teaching in Kill Bill Vol.2? Uhhhh... Pai Mei? He was cool. ...Wait, no, he was a douchebag. But a cool one. Or just look up an old man and then add some, uh... robes and shit.”

Danny's elbows slid apart until he'd moved from propping his face up with his hand to his face using the table as a pillow.

“Seriously, though, there's places to draw outside. Less silent-as-the-grave places. Can't eat in here, either. Well, you can. But you have to be sneaky.”
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

Aloha
Contender

June 18th, 2015, 8:02 pm #7

Bridgette paused, listening to Danny go on before finally typing in 'old monk', hitting enter and seeing...

...a bunch of alcohol. Huh, who knew old monk was a brand of whiskey? She chuckled and flashed the phone screen at Danny before trying again with 'old kung fu guy'. That did the trick.

Danny asked another question about the library. "That's the good thing about this place," she responded, setting her phone down next to the sketchbook and nodding to herself. "It's quiet, and I like quiet. It's very peaceful and relaxing here. Y'know, people like their peace and quiet, so I come here. Sure, it's not optimal for hanging out but...yeah." She trailed off.

"Okay, so this looks like a good picture," She said, clicking on one of the pictures. "What do you think?"
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 18th, 2015, 10:26 pm #8

Shit, right. Bridgette likes quiet stuff. Danny wasn't being quiet. Chattering was the opposite of quiet. He was being loud and ruining her quiet time and their friendship. Well, the second thing was a maybe. But it felt like a very strong maybe right at that second.

He stood up in order to peer over her shoulder at the kung-fu man picture.

“Sweet leg movements. That guy could kick a giant in the face without having to jump. Yeah, that's good.” He peered at the Google results and gestured at one of the other pictures. “Oh, there's the Pai Mei dude. Check those eyebrows. Phwor.”

He sat back down, returning to propping his face on his hands.

“I'm just gon' watch. In silence, because... quiet time.”
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

Aloha
Contender

June 22nd, 2015, 2:46 pm #9

Bridgette nodded. "Those are some pretty...fluffy eyebrows," She noted before picking up her pencil again. Danny offered to just sit quiet and watch, which Bridgette was fine with. While she would've liked to talk to Danny as she drew, she also drew better in silence.

She enlarged the picture on her phone and began to sketch the general shape of the clothes. She lightly drew the airy tunic and tight sleeves on the arms and legs. She also began to outline the facial hair, drawing in a long, wispy beard. After some thought, she penciled in some eyebrows as well.

She paused to see her work. It looked fine, just a bit too...faithful to the original. While Bridgette did pay attention to detail, she also didn't like drawing from just one picture. She liked to experiment and mix different reference pictures together to create a whole new design. Even though it was her first time drawing this sort of thing, she still wanted to use multiple references.

But she still needed the old photo for further reference. She saved the picture on her phone before going back to the search results, scrolling through to find a new picture.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 23rd, 2015, 5:39 am #10

Danny watched Bridgette draw for a while, trying his best to stay quiet. Or to not move around, because that made noise. But it was difficult. He started drumming his fingers against the table after a while, shifting around in his seat. He could draw. But he didn't like doing that while people were watching. He couldn't dance in the library, either. He could try, but he'd probably knock down a shelf.

Ughh, who could spend their time being quiet? Well, the answer was Bridgette.

But if he got up, she'd know he was bored and then she'd be like 'am I boring you' and then Danny would feel like a jerk.

He gazed at the in-progress picture of the old man. It'd be cool if he were shooting lightning out of his hands or something.
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1