Aloha
Contender

June 25th, 2015, 6:46 pm #11

Google Image search results tend to get weirder the deeper you go. Bridgette was still close to the surface, however, so it wasn't as weird as it could be. Thankfully the Pai Mei guy didn't dominate the search results, but most of the pictures were face or portrait shots. Not so much clothing. Bridgette wrinkled her nose as she kept scrolling...

...Jesus Christ, what an awful photo.

'Old kung fu guy' wouldn't get her anywhere. She tapped on the search bar again and typed in 'monk clothes'. A couple of the first searches were too European for the aesthetic she was going with, but she found a suitable picture very quickly.

"Hmm..." Incorporating this with the previous clothing would be a little difficult. She turned to Danny, showing him the screen. "How would you mix this design with the other one?"
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

Violent-Medic
Winner

June 28th, 2015, 10:25 am #12

Danny was distracted from idly staring at some graffiti scraped into the desk (the contents of which were not worth repeating) when he realised Bridgette was asking him something.

“What? Oh. Uhhhhhh...”

Outfit design was not his forte.

“Put... that thing... over the other thing?” Danny scratched the back of his head, then said, “Maybe it's chilly outside. Because mountain. Layers. I dunno.”
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Aloha
Contender

July 4th, 2015, 8:47 pm #13

Bridgette tapped the pencil eraser against her chin as she listened to Danny's input. It wasn't too bad of an idea. It was the more obvious one, but it wasn't the worst idea she'd ever heard. But throwing one over the other wasn't enough to create a whole new design. She could remove the tighter spots from the legs, leave it covered by a longer tunic.

Yeah, that'd work.

She nodded in reply. She erased the clothing on the legs and drew in a flowing robe, with a cloth belt around the waist. This was coming along just fine.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler

Espi
Winner

July 5th, 2015, 6:23 am #14

((Henry Spencer continued from Cruising and Perusing))

Contrary to popular opinion, Henry liked the school's little library. Sure, it was lacking in some areas, but it made up for it in charm. And it had a surprising number of non-fiction books that, while aged, had contained a variety of interesting factoids Henry stored away for further pondering of. Plus, it was nice and bright and good for reading, even if he had to bring his own books.

BYOB, what an interesting acronym. It was also used as a term in restaurants and parties, for "bring your own beer" to inform guests that alcohol wasn't served. It sounded internet-based, but apparently was older than that. Interesting! Henry learned that just now, browsing Wikipedia on his phone. Another reason the library was cool; the librarians didn't yell at you for being on your phone.

Lunchtime went by quickly for Henry, since he was a fast eater, so he'd opted to hang out in the library for a bit, just to relax before afternoon classes started up. He was unusually tired today from his late-night reading, but that meant he was still pretty energetic compared to many of his classmates. Geez, some of them were like zombies. Zombie high school, sounded like one of those Japanese animes or something. Wait, wasn't there one of them already? Hmm...

Henry heard conversation from the table near the one he was seated at. Cocking his head to glance over, Henry was pleasantly surprised to spy Bridgette and Daniel sitting together. Daniel was cool, though Henry didn't know Bridgette very well. Still, a person you don't know very well is just a friend you haven't made, or something like that. Regardless! Time to introduce himself.

Approaching the table, Henry offered a big grin and pocketed his phone. "Hey guys! How's it going?" Henry said, a little too loudly for the library. Whoops. Hopefully the librarians didn't get upset, he liked them. "Sorry." He added in a hushed voice. "But no, what's up?" Hopefully they didn't reply with one of those "The sky" comments and the like. The sky wasn't technically "up", after all. Was it? It was sort of...hmm...Henry didn't know! What even quantified "up" anyway? He ought to look that up.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Violent-Medic
Winner

July 8th, 2015, 11:15 pm #15

Danny went back to observing the graffiti on the desk. Not that Bridgette's thing was boring or anything, but he'd see it when it was done. What was boring was libraries. Ughhh. He could work on some shit, but people might look at it and ask questions and be like 'your art skills suck' and fuck that. He started bouncing a little in his seat.

Then that weird Henry guy turned up. He was okay, Danny supposed. Sometimes his friends were like 'oh, that dude is weird' and Danny was all 'yeah, he's totally weird.' But whatever, people were weird in general.

"Sup. And it's a library, man. Nothing's up except, uh... y'know, books and shit."

Danny retrieved a pencil from his bag and started using it to shade over the rude graffiti on the desk, for lack of anything else to do.
[+] spoiler

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."

Aloha
Contender

July 11th, 2015, 7:42 pm #16

Okay, Bridgette was liking where this was going. She had nailed down the design and could begin refining her sketch, turning it into a proper, presentable drawing. She pressed her pencil down harder this time as she began working on the linework. She started at the head, outlining the skull and the wisps of hair as she worked down to the neck.

Her concentration was broken by a very loud greeting. If it had been a close friend, she wouldn't've thought much of it. However, when some underclassmen she didn't know approached them, she was a little peeved. But despite that, Bridgette didn't want to be rude. She gave the boy a curt nod and a "Hello," turning back to her drawing and letting Danny do the talking.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Espi
Winner

July 16th, 2015, 2:11 am #17

Hmm, these two seemed busy. Let's see what they're up to!

Henry made his way around the chairs and peered over Bridgette's shoulder to get a better view of the paper on the table she seemed to be working on. It appeared to be a drawing, which was pretty cool. It looked like...an old guy? Oh, it was some kind of monk. Cool, cool. He was dressed oddly, though, like some kind of strange tunic thing? Huh.

"Wow, cool, you do art stuff?" Henry exclaimed, more quietly than his initial greeting. "It's a neat drawing, but I don't draw much, so I dunno how it works. Like, how do you do that kind of stuff?" Art was cool. Henry wished he could do it with a degree of effectiveness, but his drawings usually looked like noodle people. Hmm, he could go for some noodles...Oh, never mind, Amigara Fault's noodle people. Noodles were no long attractive. Well, they weren't that ugly before they went into the faults, but post-'THIS IS MY HOLE' they were kind of gross and weird. Not delicious.

Henry briefly looked over at Danny, who seemed to be scribbling out rude stuff on the table. Henry could get behind that. Then he glanced over at Bridgette and inquired, "Do you ever draw food? Like, say, spaghetti and meatballs?"

Darn, he was hungry now. He'd already had lunch, but now he wanted more food.
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Violent-Medic
Winner

July 20th, 2015, 11:02 am #18

Yep. Weird guy.

"Why would anyone draw spaghetti and meatballs? Unless it was a dude eating spaghetti and meatballs during some dramatic moment or something. Just take a picture of spaghetti, dude. Besides, way too many lines," Danny said.

This guy was ruining the quiet. Okay, Danny was also ruining the quiet to talk to him. But Bridgette was all about the quiet and they were fucking it up.

"Did you want something, or...?" Danny asked slowly, trying not to sound like a jerk as he said it, but at the same time what the hell did this guy want? Food? That was outside. Like, anywhere but the library.
[+] spoiler

V6 - 1 2 3 4

[+] spoiler

V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

Aloha
Contender

July 21st, 2015, 1:27 am #19

When Henry came over and peeked at her drawing, Bridgette instinctively hunched over to shield her sketchbook. This kid was too nosy and buddy-buddy for her liking. She shrugged in response to both his questions and kept drawing. She started drawing in the tunic, paying extra attention to the folds. Bridgette loved drawing in little details like that; it just added a touch of realism to the drawing. She loved drawing, especially in calm, amicable situations. With the underclassmen here, however, it was anything but.

And then Danny said what she'd wanted to say. She turned to the boy and nodded. "Do you need something from us?" She asked, draping her free arm on the back of the chair. She made no effort to mask the hard edge of her tone.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Espi
Winner

July 24th, 2015, 12:41 am #20

Henry's eyes widened.

Curse his periodic inability to recognize social cues! He hadn't realized these two wanted some private time. Hmm, maybe they were dating? Possible. They might just be friends, though. Best to not jump to conclusions! Regardless, though, he ought to apologize and leave them to their business.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to intrude. I was just making conversation." Henry said in a hushed voice. Turning around, Henry moved away from the table and started towards the bookshelves. Hopefully he'd find some cool factoid-filled book of some kind. Before he did that, though, he turned back and called quietly,

"Oh, and good luck on your hypothetical date!"

((Henry Spencer continued in There's No Time Here in Space))
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt