Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

May 30th, 2013, 5:52 pm #11

Katy complied, resisting the urge to give the girl a small shoulder shot on the way back to her knees. She just couldn't believe the little bitch had taken a swing at her. Maybe there was more guts in her shitty little frame than she let on.

Katy's hand was burning like hell now, and she looked at it. It was trying to fold in like a claw, especially the first two knuckles. Definitely fractured, if not broken. Daddy really would have killed her.

There was a first aid kit in her bag, and that was what Katy was reaching for. As she started digging for the kit, she addressed Yaz again.

"Let me look at your nose."
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp
Current Thread: Arcadia

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 30th, 2013, 6:34 pm #12

Yaz was grateful when Katy got off her. It relieved the pressure in her lungs and head. She coughed as her body tried to quickly fill her lungs with air. It was a bad feeling.

She rolled over onto her hands and knees because she felt like she was going to throw up at first, but eventually the coughing subsided. Her eyes were watering and she didn't know if it was because of the choking or because she was crying. Either way she didn't want Katy to see, so she rubbed them away with the sleeve of her hoodie.

There was still pain flaring across her face though and Yaz knew it must have been from her nose. She dabbed at it with two fingers and pain flashed across her face in response. She quickly withdrew her fingers and ran them under her nostrils instead. They came back sticky and red with blood. That alarmed her; she hardly ever cut herself or hurt herself badly.

She looked up as Katy addressed her. She wanted to check her nose. Yaz wasn't sure if was being sincere or not but she was offering help so Yaz didn't want to insult her by saying no.

"Ok." She mumbled and pushed herself onto her knees so that Katy could get a better look.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

May 30th, 2013, 6:49 pm #13

Katy caught Yaz by the chin and lifted her face so she could better see her nose in the light. Katy was sure she was being rough. She was also sure she didn't really care.

Yaz's face was swelling up, bad.

"Yeah, that's probably broken." God knew Katy had seen enough at Warren's MMA.

Katy had the first-aid-kit open by now, and she reached in with one hand, extracting a roll of gauze and a bottle of ibuprofen. There weren't any disposable cold compacts, which both of them really could have used right now.

Katy popped the bottle open with her thumb and set it down in front of Yaz.

"Read the label, take as many as you can. And find something to clean your face off with."

In the meantime, Katy took the gauze and started unrolling a strip; a bitch to do with one hand. When she had a long enough section, she cut it from the roll with her teeth and set to wrapping her hand, a process that made her eyes well up with pain.

"Goddammit."
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

May 30th, 2013, 9:48 pm #14

Katy had broken Yaz's nose. Yaz had thought as much with the pain her face was in but she had hoped it was just hurt badly. But Katy was the one who did all the fighting so Yaz was sure she knew what she was talking about.

Yaz would have given anything to have something good happen to her at that point, it was obvious Katy wasn't going to apologise for what she had done. Despite being completely in the wrong, but Yaz didn't expect anything less. Katy had always struck her as a girl who embraced the whole "only the strong survive" mantra. In that sense Survival of the Fittest was perfect for her. Yaz didn't quite know why the girl that had bullied her on the island and had just attacked her was now helping her, but it was probably due to guilt. It was one of the benefits of being small at least, everyone felt bad for you if you got hurt.

Katy placed a bottle of ibuprofen in front of her. She didn't hand it to her, that would have come too far under helping for Katy. Yaz accepted the offer anyway. She picked up the ibuprofen and pretended to read the label as she watched what Katy was doing. The bigger girl was wrapping her hand up in gauze.

"What did you do?" Yaz asked as she tipped two of the tablets out into her palm. She pulled her bag off the desk with her free hand and liberated a bottle of water from it; taking a sip to help wash the tablets down. She put the cap back on the bottle and put it down in front of Katy and dug out her own first kit.

It contained a pack of sterile wipes, which would be the best bet for cleaning up her face. She used one to clean up all the blood that had ended up smeared on her face during the commotion and threw it away before pressing another up against her nostrils to try and stem the flow. It hurt to even do that.

The one comforting thing was that Katy too had ended up with an injury.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
[+] spoiler

Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

May 31st, 2013, 2:53 am #15

"Hngh?" Katy looked up from her work.

As if the bitch didn't know.

"What did you think I did? I broke it punching you in your stupid fucking face."

Katy went back to it, and finished wrapping it. The hand still burned, but it least it wouldn't get jostled by anything.

She grabbed the bottle of ibuprofen, upended it, and shook three into her mouth. She pulled from her own bag a bottle of water and an energy bar, downed the pills with a swallow of water and bit off a piece.

She chewed, staring at the floor between the two of them.

"I don't like you." She said, eyes not raising. "But you didn't deserve what just happened."
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

June 1st, 2013, 9:48 pm #16

Yasmin was pleased that Katy had broken her hand. She knew it was bitchy but Katy had gotten away with so much while they had been at Aurora it was nice for something bad to happen to her for once. Yaz just wished it hadn't been done at the expense of her own nose, which was also broken. It stung badly too, and Yaz was sure her face was starting to swell up from it.

The way Katy phrased her explanation made it sound like it was Yaz's fault, which wasn't true at all, Katy was the one who had attacked her out of nowhere. If she had actually checked and been less gung-ho they would have avoided the entire situation. They both would have ended up intact as well.

As it was they were both injured and it looked like Katy had lost the use of one of her hands completely.

Yaz was surprised when Katy apologised though, or gave the closest thing she was going to give to an apology. She didn't look at Yaz as she gave it either. It was like the apologies Yaz had gotten off kids when they were at middle school, when the teacher had forced them to apologise. Insincere. Not wanting to show weakness. It was always the same things with bullies.

"Thanks I guess." Yaz said in reply. She wasn't sure where the two of them stood at that moment in time and there was an awkward silence as she thought of what else to say. In the end she settled on the simplest option.

"What now?"
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

June 2nd, 2013, 4:42 am #17

Katy finished her energy bar, downed another sip of water, and capped the bottle.

"What now?" Katy parroted. "I'm gonna find the rest of the softball team. Anyone's got a clue what to do, it's those bitches."

She adjusted the gauze on her hand.

"You-" She said, pointing at Yaz with her good hand, "Can sit here and bleed for all I care."

Katy looked out of the window. Since their exchange, nothing but their words had broken the silence of the school grounds.

"What'd you get in your bag?" Katy asked suddenly. Flashbangs were good. Whatever Yaz had might have been better.
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

June 2nd, 2013, 8:27 pm #18

Katy mocked her and then said that she was going to go and find the softball team. She also made it clear that Yaz wasn't invited. It was what Yaz had expected so it didn't come as a surprise. After all Katy didn't like her and had no reason to go out of her way to help her.

That didn't stop it being disappointing. Yaz knew that Katy would have been an awful person to travel with but she knew Judo after all and was in good physical shape, apart from the broken hand. So it would've been a safe option. Unfortunately it looked like Yaz was going to have to make her own way through the game. It was a daunting prospect and it wasn't one she was looking forward too.

There were too many people who could potentially be out to hurt her. There would also be people who would shoot first and ask questions later, Katy had proved that much.

Yaz was broken out of her thoughts when Katy asked what she got in her bag. Yaz had a funny feeling that if she'd have gotten something good this would have been the point where Katy tried to rob her. As it was however Yaz had an awful weapon so there was no point lying.

"I got the same as you." She said as she got up and made her way over to her bag. "Apart from this." Yaz took the pillowcase out and tossed it just in front of Katy. The rock making a dull thunk as it hit the floor.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Outfoxd
Contender
Outfoxd
Contender

June 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm #19

Katy looked at the pillowcase. She almost laughed when she realized what it was.

"Oh my God. They really did fuck you, didn't they?"

Katy bent down to pick the pillowcase up. She stared at it for a minute before shaking her head and tossing it to the side.

"I guess you could hit someone pretty good with it. But considering what other people might have-" Katy tapped her own bag. "You might as well have nothing."

Katy reached into her bag and rummaged. Her hand came out with another of her flashbangs. She set it on the floor and slid it to Yaz.

"You're gonna need that more than me. Although I don't have much hope for you regardless."

Katy zipped her bag back up.

"Do you even have some friends to run with?"

V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

June 2nd, 2013, 11:24 pm #20

Yaz gathered up the pillowcase and returned it into her bag. Katy even emphasised her point by tapping on her own bag, like Yaz needed any reminding of what her weapon was. She had experienced it first-hand.

That was why she was surprised when Katy actually slid one of the flashbangs across the floor to her.

"Thank you." And for the first time since they had started talking Yaz actually meant it. The thought of just pulling the pin and bolting entered her mind briefly; she could have done it too. Just pull the pin, throw it and hide behind the desk again. If Katy caught her afterwards though...no wasn't worth the risk.

The next question Katy asked her made Yaz stop to think. Did she have any close friends she could rely on in SotF?

Maddie was the first person who came to mind, they were close and both trusted each other. The only issue would be she would have to find Maddie and that would be hard. Off the top of her head Yaz could think of a few others but Maddie was the main one. Still the group of people she really trusted was very small regardless.

"I don't have many."
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler