Muninn
Survivor
Muninn
Survivor

September 23rd, 2016, 11:57 pm #11

Candice wasn't entirely sure what she was hoping for from this encounter anymore.

At the very least, it seemed as though they didn't have to worry about a gunfight breaking out at the moment. There'd be no real reason for Al and whoever else was in the room to not have opened fire already if they had been planning on doing so.

Well, the thought that they could be stalling while an ally of theirs snuck up behind Candice and Mia to catch them off guard had crossed her mind. But in the end, since it seemed that everybody's cell phones had been stolen, it wasn't like the people in the room would have any way to coordinate with people outside, so that concern could be ruled out.

It seemed as though Candice and Mia had once again had the luck to encouter somebody who wasn't hostile.

The trouble, of course, was where to proceed from there. Mia's attempt to reach out to them had apparently fizzled out without so much as an acknowledgement of their presence. If it were the case that Al didn't want to talk to them, it's not like they could force him.

Candice briefly considered calling out on her own as well, but stopped just short of doing so. If they weren't willing to open up for an acquaintance, would adding a total stranger really change anything? It was probably best to just write this meeting off as no meaningful outcome.

We may as well move on, was the conclusion that Candice had reached, but before she could bring this subject up to Mia the other girl plainly announced her intent to enter the room, one way or another.

"Is this really a good idea?" Candice whispered urgently.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V6 Characters
G31 - Candice Banks (adopted from Somersault) - The Rooftop
G35 - Bernadette Thomas (adopted from Imehal) (Deceased) - Northwest Cliffs

[/size]
[+] spoiler
V5 Character
B39 - Takeshi Yoshikawa (adopted from Zabriel) (Deceased) - Southern Town (Apartment Complexes)

V4 Character (Pregame only)
Leopold Anders - Math Wing
V3 Characters
B100 - Raven Lawrence (Deceased) - Small Cottage
G75 - Lauren Howard (Deceased) - Northern Coast
[/size]

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

September 24th, 2016, 5:36 pm #12

There was no response from Al, his cube was back in his pocket and he looked to be in thought, could he trust this person? He looked over at Serena as if she had the answer, she would have to be blunt and tell him she had no clue what to do. All this situation did was remind her how poorly thought her idea was, first person they meet and they're terrified of them without even seeing if their good or not.

The voice rang out again, asking if there was something and then stating they were going in. There came a tense feeling over the room as the seconds starting going down, would this person take no for answer? Would they leave them alone if told so? She couldn't shake the feeling of distrust inside her. The video from earlier was repeating itself in her mind, the man said they were friends and yet one killed the other with barely any words said. There's always more to a story than what you're shown, but she had nothing else to go on. If they let this person in and trusted them, would this be like the video. Them walking in, killing them both and then walking out without a word? She was determined to make sure it didn't happen to them.

Serena walked over to Al and whispered to him "From the sounds of it they aren't looking to fight, I won't blame you if you trust them, but let's be cautious." She took a quick look over at the door and said out loud "You get in once you say who you are, who you're with and what weapons you have." Blunt and short, exactly how it should be.
[+] spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Winner
Winner

September 26th, 2016, 8:03 pm #13

Alessio would have kept being silent. Luckily, he had Serena. She was smart and knew what to do. She confidently told Mia what she had to do in order to go into the room.

If Al had the guts to reply to Mia, he would have told her that something was wrong in here. He had a metal collar around his neck and he smelled vomit. He was with a person in a room, he knew would die with him on this island. Alessio did not need to speak anything.

He hugged his knee.

Pippin
Winner

September 30th, 2016, 5:25 pm #14

Mia had always worn her heart on her sleeve. She led with it more often than her head. A lot of people labelled that as a personality flaw but she had never seen it that way. Call her naïve as much as you wanted, Mia would always prefer to be too trusting than not enough. She fell in, and inevitably out, of love easily, and not always with the best people either. But she knew enough Shakespeare to remember that it was better to have loved and lost than to be a loner forever. Or something close to that.

Some people might expect the idea of deception to be another thing Mia had a poor grasp of, with her trusting and carefree nature. In some regards, maybe. She’d never been good at acting, for a start, and had never even come close to becoming one of the theatre kids. Little white lies or minor secrets were the worst things to trust Mia with; inevitably she’d crack a smile or let out a giggle and end up spilling the beans in their entirety.

But she’d always been good at pretending things were alright when they were anything but. Even when she was stressed out about the homework she was behind on and absolutely clueless about she could put on a smile and a cheerful wave. Even when she was still dealing with a panic attack because somebody lit a match too close to her, she could still join in and joke with her cheerleader buddies. Even when she was terrified that all of the effort she’d put into her sports would be for nothing, she would always be there with an encouraging word, or a high five or a fistbump or a hug.

So now felt like the perfect time to actually do something useful on the island. Mia craned her neck to look at Candice, and gave her best, most confident smile.

“I know Al,” she whispered. “He’s a sweet guy and absolutely wouldn’t harm a fly. It’ll be fine. You can trust me. Honest.”

Mia realised she was still holding the gun up like she was about to burst into a firefight, and hastily lowered it until it was pointing at the ground, barrel aimed a few inches away from her foot. Al wasn’t about to run out and start attacking them, and it didn’t sound as if the girl with him wanted to do so either. Mia cleared her throat before replying.

“There’s just two of us out here! Just Mia Rose and Candice… uh…”

Shit. Now was not the time to have total brain freeze. A couple of seconds of awkward silence passed.

“Candice Banks! Only real weapon we’ve got is a gun, but I’m not planning on shooting it, I swear. Scout’s honour.”

Mia looked back at Candice and silently mouthed the word ‘Sorry’.
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Muninn
Survivor
Muninn
Survivor

October 4th, 2016, 3:27 am #15

Just as Candice had been about to vocalize her doubts that there was any point in trying to talk any further, there was a voice from behind the door. It was... well, if they were getting a response it was at least some kind of progress. They still weren't exactly being welcomed with open arms, but them finally having their presence acknowledged was rather nice.

For that matter, it was probably unrealistic to expect anybody to just roll out the welcome mats for Candice and Mia without having some kind of ulterior motive. Finding somebody who was initially guarded and suspicious of them was probably the best they could hope for.

"It's just me and Mia out here," she called to the person behind the door.

Having said that, the words now sounded stupid. She'd thought it would be a good idea to speak up and confirm it was her and Mia, but fumbled when thinking of what to say, and in the end she'd basically just ended up repeating what Mia had just said. It wouldn't really work as reassurance, either, because from the perspective of the people on the other side of the wall there could be others who just weren't speaking up.

Speaking of others who weren't speaking up, there'd been absolutely nothing from this Al person. No greeting, no response... hell, the girl who had responded hadn't even made mention of him. Maybe Mia had just been mistaken when she thought she'd heard him?

"Who all's in there with you?"
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V6 Characters

[/size]
[+] spoiler
V5 Character
B39 - Takeshi Yoshikawa (adopted from Zabriel) (Deceased) - Southern Town (Apartment Complexes)

V3 Characters
[/size]

Winner
Winner

October 4th, 2016, 10:39 pm #16

This was too much. Al expected to be braver person, but a gun was too much. Mia announced her weapon, a gun. A gun that could kill people, could kill Al instantly.

Al decided that he did not want to die. Not now. The gun in a room is too creepy to him. Candice, Mia, Serena and him in a room? That was fine. That was extremely fine. It's as if they were in the cantina again. The four of them in a room with a gun, though? Keeping the gun? Using the gun? Too much. This was nothing Alessio wanted to be a part of. A staff or a key as a weapon was normal. Even something like a knife was the most normal thing for Al.

A gun always meant death.

He stared into the door. He just wanted to go away. Stay away from the people. Not engage in the scenario that happened in his head. The possibilities as to what could happen with Mia coming into the room with the gun. The scenarios were too many Al could handle, risk. None of them were good scenarios. He did not want to. He stood up, and silently walked out of the room with his staff and bag in his hand. He walked past Mia and Candice. He tried to avoid eye contact with the two girls and to ignore every word they would say.

There was no need to run. Running away would make Mia want to shoot him even more. As if he had anything to hide. But he had nothing to hide. He just calmly walked away. If he was shot, he would be shot. Just like when he woke up.

But he did not want to be shot.

Alessio stared at the floor of the corridor. He had the girls behind his back. They could shoot him. His heart raced. He did not look back.

Serena, Mia, Candice. Words could be ignored. He could just exit this and arrive in a much more comfortable scenario than this.

He really hoped he could exit this without being shot in the back. Ignore them.

Please, let me live.

Just go away.

((Alessio Rigano continued in 4'33"))

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 9th, 2016, 12:02 pm #17

A gun? Just their luck, first person they meet and she could kill them both in an instant, Serena thought as she stepped away from Al while looking at the door. Sure she didn't sound like she was going to, but she wasn't going to get a chance, better safe than sorry.

Which made it more shocking when Al just walked out the room with his bag and weapon with nary a look or sound. Serena stood there staring at the door, she probably should have stopped him, but she was dumbfounded how Al who was so afraid earlier to the point of lying down and refusing to acknowledge anything would just walk out.

There was no sound of a gunshot and a thud, just the sound of Al's footsteps down the hall growing fainter and fainter. Serena grabbed her bag and ran out the room after him. The concern about the two girls out there was shunted to the side after Al left, he's going to get himself killed she thought as she ran down the hall where she hoped he'd gone.

"Al, wait!"

((Serena Waters continued in Thursday's Child))
[+] spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Pippin
Winner

October 14th, 2016, 3:57 pm #18

Mia waited patiently, huddled next to the door. Surely they had done enough for the people inside the room to accept them inside, right? They’d done everything they’d been asked, had stated their names and what they were carrying. Sure, maybe the gun might give them a bit more of a pause for thought, but c’mon. She was friends with Al, and she was sure that was enough for him to break through whatever was given him so much concern in there.

After a few more moments, she heard footsteps from inside the room, and her heart leapt. She stood up straight and turned to flash a grin at Candice, before waiting for the person to come out of the room. Hopefully it was Al and not the unknown girl; no disrespect to her at all, but Mia just wanted to see a friendly face right now. She bounced slightly on the balls of her feet as she waited.

And there he was. Al, walking towards them, a pole almost twice his height in one of his hands, such a bizarre sight that it only increased Mia’s joyous grin. He looked slightly worse for wear; like something had shaken him drastically, which she couldn’t blame him for in the slightest, considering their environment. She stepped forwards, prepared to pull her friend into a tight hug.

“Oh, man, Al, it is you! I’ve been worrying about you, y’know, and-“

Al walked straight past her, and both her voice and her grin faltered. She turned to look at him as he strode onwards down the hallway. Words began to form in her mouth and got stuck there, somehow unable to be forced out. Had Al simply not heard her? Maybe. Maybe he was concentrating on something else, completely zoned out from the world at large. Maybe something on the island had happened to damage his hearing.

That didn’t explain why he’d walked straight past them like they weren’t even there.

“Al? Hey, Al?”

A couple words managed to squeak out of Mia’s mouth. If Al had heard them, he made no sign of having done so. He just kept on walking. Eventually he rounded the corner and disappeared from view. Part of Mia’s brain urged her to start walking, put those years of running to good use, and to follow him. Her feet stayed rooted to the spot. Another set of footsteps thudded past, the other girl from the room running after Al, calling for him to wait. After a second, she too was gone.

The hand holding the gun hung limply by her side. For some reason it was shaking.

Slowly, her legs working independently from the rest of her body, she turned and walked into the room they’d been denied entry from until now. Maybe there was something in there that had spooked Al. Maybe he’d done something, something terrible, something that meant he didn’t want to interact with anyone ever again.

There was a pungent, acrid smell in the air that was all too recognisable as vomit. There was an abandoned chess set next to one wall, pieces scattered everywhere, the aftermath of some violent battle. Aside from that, there was nothing. Nothing to show that anything had happened in here. Nothing to suggest there was any reason for Al to just… ignore her.

Mia stood in the centre of the room, staring at nothing in particular. For some reason, tears were welling up in the corners of her eyes.
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
[+] spoiler

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Muninn
Survivor
Muninn
Survivor

October 18th, 2016, 3:10 am #19

In the end, it seemed that the entire exercise had been, well...

Pointless. That was the word that Candice had been trying to avoid. They'd found somebody who could have been a potential ally, and that somebody had run right past them without so much as an acknowledgement.

It was just like it had been with that other girl earlier.

Mia had entered the now-empty room and was... looking around, maybe? Whatever she might be searching for, she didn't really seem to be that interested in finding it. Candice didn't really feel like going to the effort of checking out the room, herself.

"Do you want to go..."

...someplace else, Candice had been about to say, but she found herself trailing off. Go someplace else? To what end? Find another shitpile of a building on this island, find another classmate who runs off because they don't feel like being around you, lather-rinse-repeat until you've either run out of island to check out or somebody decides to say 'no' with a bullet to your head?

Candice wasn't one of those people who constantly worry about whether or not they're being productive with their time, not by a long stretch. She was of the opinion that wasting time could be pretty fun, even. But even so, she just couldn't see why they should bother reaching out to people.

Some fresh start this had turned out to be. Pointless, indeed.
V6 Characters

[/size]
[+] spoiler
V5 Character

V3 Characters
[/size]

Pippin
Winner

October 21st, 2016, 5:14 pm #20

Mia barely noticed Candice walking into the room behind her. For a moment, she had almost forgotten the other girl even existed, so fixated had she been on finding Al again and then… dealing with his reaction. Candice wasn’t the most talkative person, but she’d still put her trust in Mia and followed her here, believing they’d find something or someone helpful. Someone, a total stranger, had put their trust in Mia, and she’d fucked it up. She’d spun Candice a lie that she herself didn’t believe in, and promised her an ally that didn’t exist.

She turned towards Candice, not quite looking at her. Occasionally her eyes flitted up to glance at the other girl, before they resumed their position of staring at the floor. She wanted to say something. She needed to say something. Some sort of an apology, an agreement maybe, just some sort of statement to let the other girl know she was still alive in here.

But nothing came out. There wasn’t even anything in her head that she wanted to say. Her throat felt dry and her eyes felt wet. She looked up again and sniffled, hoping Candice didn’t see the sparkles of tears on her face. Then she headed back out of the door again, walking the opposite direction to where Al and the other girl had gone. Momentarily, it crossed her mind that she was doing the same thing Al had done, walking away from her ally for whatever reason, but she couldn’t bring herself to care right now.

She needed a little bit of time. She needed a little bit of space. She hoped that Candice would follow her, but if she didn’t, then that was that. Maybe it was the best if she went her separate way. It wasn’t as though anything good had come of their alliance so far.

Mia wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, and trudged onwards, no knowing or caring where she was headed. So long as she could be safe to be alone with her thoughts for a while.

((Mia Rose continued in I've Swallowed Half An Hourglass))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!

V5!

V6!

[+] spoiler

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler