Giant Mecha battle!

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 12:51 am #1

Okay, so, I spewed about this in chat for a bit.

For NaNoWriMo, I'm going to be (hopefully) writing a story concerning a bunch of mech pilots loosely based off of some of us that get into giant robot fights and are mercenary group members and other such things.

Oh, and the tentative title is "What Cowardice Feels Like".

Current planned characters:

Mercenary Squad A: Title pending. Protagonist squad, is hired to help dethrone a planetary government.

Current members are characters based on:

- Ruggahissy: Pilots the Madcat Abraxas. Best all-around infighter of the group, serves as its leader. Has something of a classy lesbian relationship with Mimi.
- Mimi: Pilots the Ryoken Luther. Serves up as a support role and a reliable second-in-command, tends to flank enemy mechs in firefights. Has a classy lesbian relationship with Rugga.
- Outfoxd: Pilots the Atlas Suplex, generally the largest mech on the field at any given point in time. Wades into fights and draws fire the best he can. His mech has known electrical issues but he powers through them best he can.
- Deamon: Pilots the Shadow Cat Pryde. As his mech is a holdover from his previous engagements (he ripped it from his previous clan), he had to repurpose it to fit his role in the group. Long range combatant.

Qualities: Something of a 'smaller-time' group, often with outdated or just plain defective equipment. Their only mech in the assault class is their Atlas, which suffers from a few electrical issues.

Mercenary Squad B: Title pending. Rival mercenary group hired to protect the government and its 'royal' family.

Current members are characters based on:

- MK Kilmarnock: Pilots the Daishi Slaughterhouse. Is a terrifying foe in combat with a mech that has some of the most terrific damage output, as well as ability to shrug off damage. Has a tendency to taunt enemies in combat, including hitting on Rugga. Is generally rebuffed.
- Kyle: Pilots the Awesome Painkiller. Serves as a competent, if somewhat hotheaded and unreliable lancer pilot. His mech reflects his fighting style; extremely offensive, pays little heed to defense.
-Turtle Tyrant: Pilots the Catapult Snapper. A full-fledged support mech that specializes in launching missiles from afar, often from cover.

Mech repair shop: A mechanics shop favored by Squad A. Consists of a repair bay, a large shop full of weaponry and chassis pieces, and a substantial junkyard. Supplier of more than a few parts to the squad.

Characters based on:

- Betaknight: The owner of the shop and skilled mechanic. Tends to be somewhat dry in nature and isn't willing to put up with a lot of bullshit. Still quite fond and protective of, if also critical of, the members of squad A.
- Dom: Mechanical engineer and assistant of the shop. Is a master at wiring and other internal hardware, basically pieced together the Atlas Suplex's workings from scrap. Also constructed his own mech using a small Flea chassis, christened the 'Dickshark'. Drives it around and irritates the fuck out of Tre.

Planetary government: Operates as something resembling a monarchy, including a king and queen. However, rather than bearing children (in fact, they are not allowed to have kids at all), the king and queen instead select two heirs from one of 14 royal families. In this way, the best candidates to rule are chosen, not those who simply happen to be born into the right (leading to piss-poor monarchs). Also features a parliament with regularly elected officials who acts as a system of checks and balances.

Characters based on:

- Murderweasel: The selected 'prince', from the 12th family of the quatturodecim. Is the one who hired squad B to aid in the defense of the government. Is the younger twin brother of the character based off Kilmarnock. Is also a capable mech pilot, preferring a secret model called the 'Black Knight'.
- Skraal: The selected 'princess', from the 4th family of the quatturodecim. Very suspicious of Toben and his practices, seeks resolution through a different discourse. Has backup plans to try and remove Toben from the picture altogether. A capable pilot in her own right, piloting a Thanatos she commissioned and named the 'Thorncrown'.

Other characters based off of:

- Jonny: A mysterious pilot of the Thor Iajutsu, a ridiculously powerful in-fighting mech. Current role unknown.
- Naft: Mission control for Squad A. Generally listens to their bickering and tries to keep them on track with the mission.
- Espi: Mission control for Squad B. Tries to do his best for the squad he commands, but is relentlessly hounded by Richard.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 12:53 am #2

If you wanna be featured in here by the way, just drop me a note and I'll work you in somehow. Need more squad members and junk.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 12:53 am #3

MECH INFORMATION
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Victoria Guerra [Callsign "Chalupa"]
Mass: 75 tons (Heavy class)
Armor rating: 52%
Max speed: 65.02 km/h
Weaponry: Clan Extended Range PPC x 2
Clan LBX Autocannon x 2
Clan Streak short range missiles (6 pack) x 2
Notes: A good fighter at any range, the Abraxas serves as a well-rounded headpiece to the team. While the two PPCs allow for long-range combat, their immense heat buildup is only partially mitigated by the Abraxas's 5 heatsinks. Has good power at any distance but excels at close range combat. Has no special systems equipped, mostly to save room for more firepower. Is said to pack more of a punch than any other mech in its weight class.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Miriam Manning [Callsign "Princess"]
Mass: 55 tons (Medium class)
Armor rating: 39%
Max speed: 64.01 km/h
Weaponry: Clan streak SRM6 x 2
Clan extended range large laser x 2
Clan flamer x 2
Notes: Equipped with BAP systems to decrease missile lock time. Equipped with 12 heat sinks to offset heat generation from energy and flame weapons. This complements the Luther's role of flanking and overheating enemies, allowing it to reliably take down machines much larger than itself, something made capable by its torso's wide angle of rotation.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: John Kurgan [Callsign "Armbar"]
Mass: 100 tons (Assault class)
Armor rating: 94%
Max speed: 45 km/h
Weaponry: Small X-Pulse Laser
Rotary Autocannon 5
Clan streak SRM6 x 2
Long Tom Artillery
Notes: Is equipped with a sophisticated set of ECM (electronic counter-measures) that increases enemy missile lock-on time, an IFF jammer that disrupts enemy radar, and an anti-missile defense system. Is also equipped with a state-of-the-art stereo system in the cockpit. Is known to have some electrical issues as well as jamming issues with the autocannon due to the Suplex being built from scrap. While the Atlas is primarily a centerpiece to soak damage for the Abraxas and Luther, it also has access to the Long Tom, the most devastating weapon a mech can carry.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Deamon Warwick [Callsign Deadeye]
Mass: 44.95 tons (Medium class)
Armor rating: 30%
Max speed: 77 km/h
Weaponry: Clan Extended Range Medium Pulse Laser x 2
Clan Gauss Cannon
Clan LRM 20
Notes: Equipped with LAMS (anti-missile defense) to protect it at the long range from which it should fight. Also equipped with jump jets and enhanced optics, increasing aim. Because the Pryde is designed to fight from afar, nearly all armor has been removed from the legs to leave room for its heavy-hitting, long-range weaponry. It is fast, but its legs are easily crippled, and lacks heat sinks. Requires support.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Dominic Grey
Mass: 20 tons (Light class)
Armor rating: 22%
Max speed: 139.97 km/h
Weaponry: Clan Extended Range small pulse laser x 2
Clan machine gun array
Notes: Equipped with several personal modifications, including a large 'shark fin' on top of the chassis and large swords welded to the legs. Not suitable for mech-on-mech combat, though it is an effect anti-personnel weapon. Is commonly utilized to traverse a junkyard obstacle course and shoot broken down piles of scrap.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Richard Lawrence [Callsign Grandmaster]
Mass: 100 tons (Assault class)
Armor rating: 70%
Max speed: 41 km/h
Weaponry: Large x-pulse laser x 2
Heavy Gauss Cannon
Clan LBX Autocannon x 2
Clan LRM20
Notes: At short range, the Slaughterhouse is virtually unmatched in damage output. The LRM20 and equipped LAMS systems help the mech to survive at range until it can close the distance, covering for its biggest weakness of it slow speed. It also has somewhat low heat tolerance, and must use its laser weapons sparingly, giving it less presence at long range.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Kyle Wright [Callsign Lance]
Mass: 80 tons (Assault Class)
Armor rating: 73%
Max speed: 65.02 km/h
Weaponry: Clan Extended Range Projected Particle Cannon (PPC) x 3
Clan Extended Range Small Pulse Laser x 2
Notes: Equipped with over 22 heatsinks to offset its tremendous energy output and heat build up. Despite its relatively high armor rating, its torso is relatively unarmored when compared to other assault mechs, and thus the Painkiller is more suited for medium-to-long range combat. It fills this niche with the tremendous range on its three PPCs, which it uses to target the cockpits of enemy mechs and kill from afar.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Madison Garnet [Callsign Tyrant]
Mass: 65 tons (Heavy CLass)
Armor rating: 62%
Max Speed: 75.96 km/h
Weaponry: Clan LRM20 x 2
Notes: Equipped with a wide variety of systems, including jump jets, enhanced gyro stabilizer, BAP and LAMS, the Snapper is specialized to fight from a distance. It is packed with more than 720 missiles in each of its shoulder cannons, allowing it to pepper the battlefield from up to a kilometer away.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Toben Lawrence
Mass: 75 tons (Heavy Class)
Armor rating: 70%
Max Speed: 69.01 km/h
Weaponry: Clan ER PPC
Rotary Autocannon 5
Clan LBX Autocannon 20
Arrowhead IV Artillery Systems
Notes: The Black Knight chassis is an experimental design, one that is exclusive to the forces of the royal quatturodecim and their private guard. With weaponry that can dominate virtually any range class, the Regent could be considered the heaviest hitting heavy class mech ever made. In the hands of a skilled pilot, it can outmaneuver and outgun just about everything on the field.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Gloria Ducret
Mass: 75 tons (Heavy Class)
Armor rating: 65%
Max Speed: 63 km/h
Weaponry: Clan ER Heavy Pulse Laser
Rotary Autocannon 5 x 3
Clan LRM20
Notes: Built entirely for dueling mechs in the same weight class as itself. Is equipped with an electronics package consisting of an IFF jammer and ECM, meaning enemy radars will have trouble picking it up and locking on. Its massive amount of automatic rapid-fire weaponry is well-suited for grinding down the thick armor of heavy and assault mechs, solidifying the Thorncrown's status as a mech for a true noble.
[+] Spoiler
Pilot: Jon Adamson [Callsign "Angel"]
Mass: 70 tons (Heavy class)
Armor rating: 55%
Max Speed: 60.98 km/h
Weaponry: Autocannon 2
Rotary Autocannon 5
Clan LBX Autocannon 20 x 2
Notes: The Thor Iajutsu is a master of the close-range fight. Every weapon on it is made to annihilate opponents at close range. Lightly armored for maneuverability, the Iajutsu depends on being able to deal more damage to its opponent quicker than they can deal it back. Thanks to its twin LBX AC 20s, this is a feat it can accomplish without too much trouble.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
[+] Spoiler

Espi
Winner

July 20th, 2013, 12:55 am #4

I'd be interested in being a character if you need filler/minor characters. I think it'd be cool if I was like a wild-card working alone for the highest bidder.

#generic
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 12:56 am #5

You can throw me in as a squad member I guess. I took a look at some of the mechs and took a liking to the Shadow Cat not sure if its called the same thing in the game though.

Edit: Appears Mimi wants to me join her squad/harem and rubies were offered.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Skraal
Player
Skraal
Player

July 20th, 2013, 12:57 am #6

Would it be okay if I was a royal family member who is a rival to Toben?
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Alive
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Alive
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura Current Status: Alive
Scott Fischer Current Status: Alive

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 12:58 am #7

I would very much like to be a part of this. Giant robots are cool. Not sure how teenagers fit into this world, but here I am. Piloting one of these things would be really cool as well.

EDIT: Squad Member, Military, Whatever thing you can get me a pilot in would be nice.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

aristeia
Cannon Fodder
aristeia
Cannon Fodder

July 20th, 2013, 1:04 am #8

everlasting fame, how could I resist! Squad would be good but whatever you need.

Flare
Contender

July 20th, 2013, 1:10 am #9

I'd be happy to be a part of this. Every squad needs a team kid to... be young and stuff.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 1:12 am #10

I'd love to be featured, with no preference to role. Do with me what you feel is appropriate (or inappriopriate, this is your story after all).
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] Spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 1:15 am #11

I am always available for mechanical fodder duty.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Polibyss
Leader

July 20th, 2013, 1:17 am #12

I'd like to be part of this in some way. I don't care if it's a really minor role or anything.

Namira
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 1:18 am #13

I have expressed interest in this funness before and I have no qualms about doing so again!

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2013, 1:24 am #14

Suspect you might be getting a bit volunteer overloaded but I'd love to be a cameo or squaddie or team engineer or w/e in need if there's space.

Some kind of support role would be fun if it's non-cameo, really. That aforementioned engineer or anything else you might need would be cool.

July 20th, 2013, 1:30 am #15

This sounds so coooooooool. : O

If you need any character based off of me I would love to be a part of this, and if not then please inform on the forum when chapters for this or anything comes out because I really want to read this, this sounds awesome.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL