General Video Game Discussion Thread

Badb
Mr. Danya

1:04 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #1

So because I actually legit enjoyed talking about video games in the random thoughts thread before MAXIMUM SPIDER:

General video game discussion thread aka "what we have been playing that isn't league of legends". Discuss why Halo could beat up that Metroid guy here.

Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

1:07 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #2

Injustice: Gods Among Us was pretty good, would borrow again.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; & &#10084; &#10084;
[+] Spoiler
V7 - &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; - PV3 - {&#10084;} &#10084; &#10084; - TV3 - &#10084; &#10084; - V8 - &#10084; &#10084; &#10084;
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

Badb
Mr. Danya

1:07 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #4

Santa-Sona wrote:Injustice: Gods Among Us was pretty good, would borrow again.
Was it "good for someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games" good because from fighting game fans I have heard it is very very dumb and unbalanced.(and should not have been at Evo).
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

1:14 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #5

Dom wrote:Was it "good for someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games" good because from fighting game fans I have heard it is very very dumb and unbalanced.(and should not have been at Evo).
I consider myself kind've a fighting game fan and I liked it. One of the unique things about that I really liked is that there's an interactive background environment that characters can actions have which changes depending on the type of character you chose. For instance, where as a "light" character would jump off a statue to the other side of their opponent, a "heavy" character would pick up and throw the statue. So I guess the balance is a bit wonky, but I don't think it's that big of a negative.

Joker can still kill Ares.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; & &#10084; &#10084;
[+] Spoiler
V7 - &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; - PV3 - {&#10084;} &#10084; &#10084; - TV3 - &#10084; &#10084; - V8 - &#10084; &#10084; &#10084;
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

Badb
Mr. Danya

1:15 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #6

Ehhhhhhh, I'll skip it. I'm more into Marvel and dislike Mortal Kombat.
V5:
[/spoiler]

Pippin
Winner

1:17 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #7

I really, really need to stop buying games. I've just bought Phoenix Wight: Dual Destinies, which means I now have that, Pokemon X, Pokemon Black 2, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Metroid Prime Trilogy still to finish. Trying to decide which of those to focus on whilst remaining unspoiled by the interwebs is a less than easy task.

I'm, uh... I'm a slow gamer.
[+] Spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] Spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] Spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] Spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Badb
Mr. Danya

1:18 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #8

Pippin wrote:Metroid Prime Trilogy
GET GOING. These are my favourite games of all time.
V5:
[/spoiler]

Jilly
Leader
Jilly
Leader

1:28 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #9

Kalopsia wrote:Gosh darn do I love Disaster: Day of Crisis. What a brilliantly dumb game.
I hate you and your NTSC-region release avoiding games.
Ciel wrote:I have been playing Parasite Eve, that game is kind of fucked up in a good way actually.
omg I love Parasite Eve so much I could talk about that shit all day. At least the first one. The sequels are kinda "eh", to be honest.

Anyway I've finally started working on the Mass Effect games considering I bought the trilogy set like months ago but just never got around to playing them. I've been switching back and forth between that and Rogue Legacy, and I've also been tackling Flower, Sun, and Rain when I take my DS anywhere. I like Suda51, but damn, FSR just isn't a fun game.

Flare
Contender

1:31 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #10

Jilly Shears wrote:I've finally started working on the Mass Effect games
I HAVE HEARD THE MUSIC OF MY PEOPLE

Great series. Fantastic series. BEST series. Play through it immediately and never look back.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

1:33 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #11

I'm back on Skyrim because I can finally run it with mods and shit, and I can confirm years after everyone else that it is ohmygodsogood.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

1:37 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #12

Finally beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About to jump into Justice For All. Wish me luck, folks...

[+] Spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

Jilly
Leader
Jilly
Leader

1:43 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #13

Aura Master Fox wrote:Finally beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About to jump into Justice For All. Wish me luck, folks...
I wish you luck in that you won't judge the quality of the other games solely based on Justice for All.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

1:56 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #14

I'm the biggest fighting game snob. It drives the WAW folks crazy that I diss the fuck out of Mortal Kombat for being an unbalanced piece of shit that focuses too much on shock and gore and not enough on gameplay and semi-decent character design.

If you are a Mortal Kombat fan...

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING.

Uh, so other than my good fighters (Guilty Gear, super occasionally MvC3) and my experimental 'these are okay but not my mainstays' (Blazblue, Skullgirls) that I'm playing at the moment, I'm also dabbling around with Bastion here and there.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

1:57 AM - Nov 26, 2013 #15

Oh, right, my friends and I once played and VOICE ACTED the first three Phoenix Wright games. It took forever.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER