CrossbowPig
Contender

May 17th, 2017, 7:46 pm #16

"Precalc's nasty, yeah," she said, as Lana's phone started kicking up a storm in her pocket.

"My teachers emailed me things. All A's, but that's probably just because the teachers felt bad for me, or something. I dunno."

Buzz, buzz. Buzz, buzz. The phone kept going off, and by now it was starting to get on Marie's nerves.

"Uh..."

Marie's eyes darted back and forth.

"...shouldn't you check that?"
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Cicada Days
Winner

May 20th, 2017, 10:46 pm #17

"Pain on the brain," Lana nodded, a bit forcefully.

"Hey, you know that we wouldn't have ended up friends if you didn't have some brain power on tap. School's just societal expectation anyways, it doesn't mean..."

Lana watched Marie's eyes shift about, she felt an iota of annoyance bubble up from diving depth in her own head. Inflating to put a headache's worth of pressure on her grey matter.

"Oh yeah. Fuck."

Lana didn't know who'd be calling her at this time.

Texting, rather.

But she knew now. The phone crashed to the table mere seconds after Lana's eyes scrolled over it, back and forth, a hundred oscillations per second. The rubbery casing absorbed the fall with a single dull smack. Lana stared. Stared was the only word that could describe it. Maybe a hundred-yard, or a thousand-yard, or looking long and straight through the heart of reality.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

CrossbowPig
Contender

May 21st, 2017, 2:44 am #18

"What?" Marie asked, "Have they found them?" That was the only thing that sprung to mind, as far as things that could make Lana drop her phone went. The government could completely disclose the existence of stargates, and Lana would just shake her head and say 'I knew it!' after sucking her teeth. Marie grabbed the phone off the table and pressed the power button, turning the screen on.

A torrent of messages poured out of the phone, all saying roughly the same thing. Marie stared at the phone in disbelief.

Out of all the places they could have hit, all the class trips they could have picked, they had to come to Kingman, in the middle of nowhere.

Marie slowly put the phone back down, and leaned back in her seat.

She could feel the color draining from her face.
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Cicada Days
Winner

May 22nd, 2017, 1:55 am #19

Lana's teeth remained painfully inert.

'THEY FOUND BEN'
'FOUNd the kIDS'
'ITS SOTF'
'ITS SOTF'
'LANA PLEASe'
'respoND'
'DONT TALK TO REPORTERS'
'JUST COME HOME'
'ARE YOU THERE'
'THEY RELEASED'
'VIDEOS'
'DON'T WATCH'
'IT'S ALL TRUE'
'PLEASE JUST'
'JUST COME HOME'
'PLEASE'

Lana tried to look at Marie.

Instead she ran. She abandoned her own phone. She abandoned Marie. She abandoned that framed photo, up there on the wall, of the brother who'd done everything and anything for her, watching down with a smile forever frozen in space and time.

((Lana Fields continued elsewhere))
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

CrossbowPig
Contender

May 29th, 2017, 12:02 am #20

Lana was gone. She always picked the smart thing to do, in any given situation. Here, right now, the smartest thing to do was to up and leave.

Marie picked up the phone one more time, and scrolled through the messages. All of them came from voices in varying degrees of distress, spoken through almost exclusively capital letters. Hit with a wave of nausea, she reached into her own pocket and checked her phone for any similar messages.

Nothing. Her father was still at work, and her other friends weren't very privy to the whole thing.

Marie sighed, and stood up, her hands shaking. Clutching the phone in her hand, she walked briskly through the door, ignoring the inquisitive remarks of the man behind the counter and stepping out into the light.

At the very least, she needed to return Lana's phone.

[Marie Bernstein continued elsewhere.]
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again