(◡‿◡✿) Friends?

Ciel
Mr. Danya

May 16th, 2013, 7:39 pm #1

Okay so apparently I already had a thread going like a year ago but I skipped out on Pregame completely and I disliked my previous concepts so I threw them all out and made one with a last minute spark of inspiration so that's why I only have one character now. Plus, Dolores would never get accepted in a million years so it's just as well.

I am so so sorry, I'd love to give you guys all of the pregame planning but I have to limit myself, I am on a relationship diet. I seriously wasn't planning on playing in V5 at all, so this works doesn't it? Doesn't it...?

Ami Flynn is a sweet girl. She's lived in Seattle all her life and her family has been a fixture in the community for generations. She's a quiet, thoughtful girl, though she has a habit of thinking a tad too far into things. She's a very logical girl and she doesn't do so well with gut instinct. She is incredibly smart, she's bilingual (Ukrainian!) and she's really good at Mathematics and English. Ami is also a poet, loves classical music and hates exercising...

She's a perfectly normal girl. She just happened to grow up in a funeral home. The Flynn Funeral Home to be exac. It didn't make her into a weirdo, though she's super paranoid about telling people because gosh what will people think? The worst thing that it's made her slightly numb to death since, well, Funeral Home, you see dead people all the time.

The young Flynn is a quiet girl but she isn't a loner! She knows lots of people and of course she has a few friends. She tends to worry about whether she's the weakest link so she tends to invite herself to parties. She's a Catholic, not as devote as her parents but a few of their conservative values have rubbed off on her.

Ami need lots of friends cuz she's a super awkward social butterfly! A crush would be okay but a non-pursued/unrequited crush would be preferable. She's way too worried about other things to think about getting a boyfriend (or girlfriend but don't tell her parents, shhhh....) and she's more the type to trip over her own feet and flush violently than to, you know, confess.

Ami isn't a very hateful person so she wouldn't have too many enemies. Her quiet nature will surely make people think that she's uppidy, so if you want to go that route you can! Bonus points if your character thinks she's very weird simply because her parents run a funeral parlor.

What I want specifically is like a couple characters, not too many, who had to attend services held at her family's Funeral Home, so they've at least seen Ami in her element. If it's someone she aught to know from school, like your character's sibling/cousin/best friend, that would be great too. I really think that would be a interesting relationship to play out but it's more of a 'want' than a 'need'. The funeral parlor is only one facet of her character after all.

so this is why you should totally make frands with Ami, so go make frands with her or I'll find you (ʘ ‿ ʘ✿)

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 16th, 2013, 7:52 pm #2

Howdy, Ciel!

Hokay. So! Brandon Baxter had his Aunt die when he was in his first year of highschool. He's a bit of a bully, loud, boisterous, and amusing. We can likely make those two click if you'd like!

My other guy's Hansel Williams, but the only true link I can see for them would be that they're both catholic/conservative. Hansel is way, way more confrontational then Ami, though!

Lemme know what you think.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Ciel
Mr. Danya

May 17th, 2013, 2:20 am #3

Naft: Awesome! Brandon sounds like the type of guy Ami would get along with! I think she would find his bully act in bad taste but she'd likely just shrug it off. His habit of getting very emotional is bound to clash with Ami's logical demeanor, so I would love to see what comes of this!

Unfortunately, I don't see any way she could be friends with Hansel. His bullheadedness will clash with Ami's demeanor and not in a very "friendly" sort of way. She'll probably stay far away from him... So let's play that out and see where that goes!

Violent-Medic
Winner

May 17th, 2013, 2:32 am #4

Okay, lessee...

Mallory McCormick might get along with Ami, being a socially awkward social butterly herself (but in a louder sense). She wouldn't shy away from questions about the Funeral Home, and would likely bring it up a couple of times but mostly out of curiousity, she likely wouldn't really care. Someone's gotta do the funeral stuff, nothing wrong with it. They're kinda opposite in personality (Ami thinks too much about things and is quiet, while Mallory is loud and doesn't think at all) but maybe it would balance out a bit. At the very least, friendliness would probably be possible.

There's nothing really for Ami and Naomi to work with, though Naomi would at least probably know her name and maybe have talked to her in passing, but that's just because Naomi likes to know people.

Joe Carrasco's a Catholic as well so maybe he's seen her in passing, but given that they're both very quiet and awkward (Joe more reclusively so) it would probably be difficult to get them to even talk. xD
[+] Spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] Spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

SansaSaver
Player

May 17th, 2013, 3:58 am #5

I'm sure Maynard would love to be friends with Ami! He's a poet, so he'd likely be interested in her choices in poetry. He's also a skilled English student and also doesn't care much for exercise; on the other hand he's not the most proficient Mathematics kid in the world. As for dead relatives and such, Maynard hasn't lost anybody recently, so that likely wouldn't be a connection for them.

As for Mirabella, I can see her appreciating Ami's skills in Mathematics and English, so Bella would probably want to be friends with Ami. Also, she's interested in languages (although not majorly so), so she'd be interested in Ami and her knowledge of Ukranian.

Blugh. That last paragraph was a mess, but, yeah - at the very least I can't see either of them having any negative feelings towards Ami.
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] Spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT

CondorTalon
Player

May 17th, 2013, 5:13 am #6

I think both Yukiko and Corey would both be on good terms with Ami, cuz friendly + friendly = moar friendly! Right? (I should probably try creating a bully or loner-type eventually)
[+] Spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] Spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

Pippin
Winner

May 19th, 2013, 12:16 am #7

I have an Amy, you have an Ami. Surely this means that they must be the bestest of friends! Seriously though, I think Amy's definitely friendly enough to get on fine with Ami. Or at the very least, constantly refer to her as Flynn.

Now, Owen's definitely friendly enough to get on fine with Ami, but I dunno... Ami seems kinda casual about death and such, and seeing as Owen's terrified about the idea, he might find her a little... off-putting. I guess it depends on how open she is about it? At the very least, they both like music and stuff.

Francis probably wouldn't associate with Ami, but is probably one of those people who thinks she's weird just for the funeral home thing.
[+] Spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] Spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] Spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] Spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

dmboogie
Winner

May 19th, 2013, 2:58 am #8

I think that Ami'd get along pretty well with Daniel, as he's a pretty nice dude. She'd also at least know Michael by proxy, though she might not get along with him as well as with Daniel.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Ciel
Mr. Danya

May 22nd, 2013, 5:22 am #9

This post has been sitting on my desktop for a day or two, sorry guys. D:

Medic: Mallory would find a very good friend in Ami! It would definitely work, from what I've read of Mallory (yes I did check out a few of her pregame threads, ha ha). There aught to be an Odd Couple situation between them, since they are awfully different, with Mallory coming from a home with money problems, while Ami has been given plenty of opportunity. I don't think that they would clash though, Ami's agreeable enough. Unless Mallory goes and does something really dumb then Ami will be really mad because she worries about her friends!

Ami could also know Joe, but like you said it'll only be in passing. Ami's sociable enough but I can't see her sticking her neck out too far.

Sansa: Maynard would definitely be close friends with her. Ami is a sucker for poetry, so I'm think they could have met through a reading? Something along those lines. Anyway, Ami will have a lot to talk about with Maynard. She might even help him with his math homework! She gets kinda smug about it actually.

Also, Ami has no one to talk to about Ukrainian, apart from her mom, so she would be all too willing to gab about it! If Bella shows an interest, Ami will stick to her like glue.

CondorTalon: Yukiko's concise way of speaking won't put Ami off from making friends with her. Ami will be curious about the japanese culture at the very least so she would certainly pry her about that.

Pippin: Amy can call Ami Flynn. Ami will be confused at first but she'll get used to it. Names are confusing sometimes!

Owen, I'm interested in him. Ami isn't going around telling people about the business, she's more likely just to keep quiet about that. Maybe we could plan something around that? Also feel free to have Francis feel nervous around Ami, she's the gravedigger's daughter after all.

Boogie: Daniel would be the type that Ami would hang out with, I think. His interest in literature will certainly give them something to talk about! As for Michael, well, they could certainly know each other off-handedly? Maybe wave to each other in the hallway? That would work I think.

SansaSaver
Player

May 22nd, 2013, 5:34 am #10

wrote:Sansa: Maynard would definitely be close friends with her. Ami is a sucker for poetry, so I'm think they could have met through a reading? Something along those lines. Anyway, Ami will have a lot to talk about with Maynard. She might even help him with his math homework! She gets kinda smug about it actually.

Also, Ami has no one to talk to about Ukrainian, apart from her mom, so she would be all too willing to gab about it! If Bella shows an interest, Ami will stick to her like glue.
That sounds about right to me as well, Ciel! :3
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] Spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel