None of these profiles are final, so there may be changes. You can see what they look like in my signature!
Dante Luciano Valiero
Activities: Fencing, maybe something else (track, maybe?)
Personality: Flirtatious, charming, laid-back, friendly, cheerful, forgetful, oblivious, fun-loving, religious
- [+] Spoiler
- Tall, tan, handsome and air-headed as they come, Dante is difficult not to like but equally difficult to take seriously. His mother and father met in Naples, Italy, where his mother was born and raised- his father was initially from Phoenix, Arizona, and they lived there for a time after they married before his mother got pregnant with Dante and insisted they move somewhere quieter. Dante was raised Catholic- his mother is very strict and traditional, his father less so but his stance tends to be "listen to your mother". He was raised bilingual when he was young, but when he started elementary school his parents switched to only speaking to him in English so as to not confuse the poor boy. He's never been particularly smart, but he tries his best, bless his heart.
Dante has had a soft spot for girls since he was a kid- he's always been a flirt, before he really knew what flirting was, even (though when he was a kid he didn't exactly have boundaries down- he got in trouble a few times for kissing the cheeks of girls who wanted nothing to do with him). His parents consider it a perfectly harmless trait, as long as it doesn't get him into trouble and as long as, of course, his flirtations don't go beyond chaste kisses at the door. And they don't- Dante's ideal night out involves dinner, a movie, flowers, compliments in likely-butchered Italian, and a soft kiss at the door. He's been known to buy bouquets of roses on the weekend and giving them out one stem at a time to girls at school. After living with him for years, pretty much every girl at Cochise has been the subject of his attentions at some point or another. He knows well enough to back off when those attentions are unwanted, and since everyone knows that he's not interested in anything physical or in any real committment, he's seen as pretty much harmless (the fact that he's cute and charming as all hell probably helps).
Dante has a soft spot for animals, as well. This stems from his Catholic upbringing, and particularly from his childhood fixation on Saint Francis of Assisi and the tales of how he would preach to animals. He has three pets- two cats and a dog- who he dotes upon, and he gets his dad to drive him out to Keepers of the Wild (a nearby animal sanctuary) as often as he possibly can. His eyes light up when he sees a dog being walked on the street, and he gets shamelessly teary-eyed at ASPCA commercials. He still eats meat with a fervor, though.
Dante's family is very conservative and he generally parrots their opinions when probed, though he couldn't care less about politics and prioritizes peace between him and his friends over voicing his beliefs. He imitates his mother's Italian accent when he feels like it would sound charming. His mother insisted that he start taking part in some physical activity when he started junior high, but he's not particularly competitive and most sports didn't appeal to him- he eventually took to fencing (the whole "dashing swordsman" stereotype appealed to him) and has been taking it ever since, doing fairly though not strikingly well. He's a very social person in general who tries his best to get along with everyone he meets- he dislikes conflict and generally doesn't seem to understand why people don't like each other. He goes to parties and drinks a bit, though never to excess- he's the same person at parties as he is the rest of the time, and he goes to them because he genuinely enjoys being around a lot of other people.
TL;DR: He was based loosely off an old D&D character of mine who had a natural 18 charisma... 8 intelligence, and 7 wisdom. Make of that what you will.
Relationships so far (not listing every girl he's ever flirted with because that would be EVERY girl):
- Abby Floyd (Dark Lord Bunbury's character): Very good (best?) friends & mutual flirtations
- Cassandra "Cassie" Venus (Will's character): Good friends & mutual flirtations
- Fiyori Senay (Bikriki's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Alba Reyes (Laurels's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Tabitha "Tabby" Valenzuela (Pancapples's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Mia Rose (Pippin's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Rochelle Ayers (Sunny Delighted's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Cameron Herrig (Deamon 's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Vanessa Hartman (Espi's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
- Daniel "Danny" Brooks (Violent-Medic's character): Good friends
- Jasper Bustamante (leAloha's character): Good friends
- Joshua E. Bracewell (SansaSaver's character): Good friends
- Emma Aguilar Luz (KamiKaze's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Noah Whitley (Laurels's character): Acquaintance/casual friend, possible one-sided crush from Noah
- Morgan Jones (Pippin's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Bradley Grant (General Goose's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Nathan Lovegrove (backslash's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Isaac Brea (Espi's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Sandra Dyer (CondorTalon's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Oskar D. Pearce (SansaSaver's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Alvaro Vacanti (Yugikun's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
- Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Acquaintance
- Richard Samuels (Teive's character): Acquaintance
- Kimiko Kao (Deamon's character): Former flirtation/friendly acquaintance
- Eleanor "Elle" Duval (Will's character): Former flirtation
- Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Former flirtation
- Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Former flirtation
- Hazel L. Jung (SansaSaver's character): Former flirtation
- Mitzi Schuhmacher (Un-Persona's character): Former flirtation
- Bridgette Sommerfeld (leAloha's character): Former flirtation
- Emily Hawkins (Seth Crimson's character): Former flirtation
- Adelaide Walker (MrMissMrs Random's character): Former flirtation (which she regrets)
- Jennifer Su (CondorTalon's character): His tutor
- Bryony E. Adams (Pippin's character): Mixed feelings
- Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Mixed feelings
- Al (RemoteControl's character): One-sided dislike/envy
- Astrid Tate (Pippin's character): One-sided dislike
- Hazel "Jojo" Jo (Un-Persona's character): One-sided dislike
- Faith-Hope Micheals (Deamon's character): One-sided dislike
- Kiziah Saraki (General Goose's character): One-sided dislike
- Ashlynn Martinek (General Goose's character): One-sided hate
Activities: Theater (behind-the-scenes)
- Invented personality: Acerbic, political, harsh, defensive, strong
- Real personality: Soft-spoken, anxious, hard worker, delicate, wallflower, intelligent
- [+] Spoiler
- Moira's entire life is essentially run by two things: an extreme and undiagnosed level of anxiety, and a huge lie that has consumed her entire identity. Her parents- both Kingman natives- are perfectly average, except perhaps for their lackadaisical attitude toward parenting. They trust Moira completely, likely stemming from the fact that she was always a model child, and her older sister Raina was equally "perfect" and seemed to bypass her "teenage rebellion" phase entirely. Moira was never one to take advantage of her parents' naivety- she always studied hard, got good grades, never talked back to her parents on the rare occasion they asked anything of her- but never brought home friends or went to anyone's house after school. She spent all of her time alone in her room, reading. What her parents didn't realize was that even as a child she suffered from a powerful social anxiety strong enough that it was difficult for her to even speak to her peers, let alone befriend them. Teachers noticed that there was a problem, but because she did so well academically they didn't bother her or her parents about it.
Moira's anxiety persisted through to her teenage years, but by then she was no longer (relatively) okay with simply being ignored- her anxiety was manifesting in a paranoia that others could see her discomfort and she decided to re-invent herself as she entered Cochise High School. She would become the kind of person that she had never met or seen in Kingman- a loud, angry punk who just didn't care what others thought of her. She shaved half her hair and dyed the rest mint green, bought a number of fake piercings (she's terrified to actually get anything beyond her lobes pierced), and asked her mother to start making her clothes (as she can't sew herself). Her parents, again trusting her completely, rolled with the change, particularly because it didn't change her personality at home at all. But at school she began to wear a very convincing mask to hide her constant terror- maybe if she acted like she didn't care, she could convince herself to not care.
What she didn't expect, though, was that her invented personality would gain her friends that she never expected to have. Though part of her is glad to finally not be alone- despite her constant anxiety around others she always wanted to know what it was like to have friends outside of her family- she realized the only way to keep those friends was to keep up her false personality perfectly. She started doing research online about the music she felt her new self should like and causes her new self should be interested in- everything she needed to keep up her appearances in front of her new-found friends. Her iPod is full of music she doesn't like, and she's constantly wearing things she doesn't like and saying things she doesn't believe.
At the same time, to her parents, she's still the same girl. She loves to read, she listens to Mumford and Sons and She & Him, and she adores flowers above all else. She's a huge girly-girl and likes the color pink and wearing dresses. She wants to be a stage actress when she grows up, though she considers that an unachievable dream considering her social issues. She still studies hard and makes good grades- she pretends to her friends that she doesn't care and is just naturally gifted, but in actuality the amount of work she puts into her academic success contributes to her worsening anxiety. She essentially lives a double life- shedding her personality like an overly-tight corset when she gets home from school.
Moira is average height, slim and flat as a board. Mint-green is her default hair color, but she occasionally changes it up. She wears fake piercings in her lip, nose and ears, and intentionally wears clashing colors and weird patterns in her clothes. The only constant in her wardrobe is a brown leather jacket- actually a belonging of her grandfather's, who she adored until her passed away when she was ten. When she can- when she's away from Kingman or when she's at a family event- she prefers floral-patterned sundresses and bright leggings, though she keeps her leather jacket on whenever she can.
TL;DR: She really, really needs a good therapist.
Relationships so far:
- Darius (RemoteControl's character): Friends
- Nadia Riva (Laurels's character) Friends
- Ashlynn Martinek (General Goose's character): Friends
- Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Friends
- Min-jae Parker (backslash's character): Friends/possible one-sided crush from her
- Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Friends/one-sided crush from him
- Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Friendly, gets under Moira's guard a bit
- Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Friendly
- Alice Baker (Espi's character): Old friends (from pre-personality shift times)
- Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Dislikes/taunts her
Activities: Orchestra (Violin), cheerleader
Personality: Confident, witty, bossy, cutting, (secretly) caring, snobby, gossip hen, brutally honest
- [+] Spoiler
- Ivy would not generally describe herself as a "good" or "nice" person- "clever", "confident" and "stone-cold bitch" are all more her style. Ivy's family is the definition of WASPy, coming from a good deal of money and owning homes in Arizona, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Her parents had decided to raise her in Kingman specifically with the hopes of keeping her grounded... an experience that failed pretty miserably, mainly because her parents still spoiled her completely. Ivy got what Ivy wanted, and Ivy wanted a lot. Nowadays her tastes run toward expensive clothes (imported from Japan or purchased from pricey ~hipster~ brands), jewelry, and the occasional bottle of wine- Ivy has a strong fondness for the stuff, and her parents do nothing to stop her.
Ivy's always been insistent that she be in charge, ever since she was a little girl. Whether it was a school project, a game in gym class, or just playing with her friends on the playground, Ivy always had to be the boss- or she'd get so petulant that dealing with her became basically impossible. She's clever and manipulative, and obsessed with always being on top- when adolescence hit, she quickly mastered the fine art of "becoming popular" by brutally cutting down every girl who stood in her way (verbally, of course). She's not above using her money or the fancy things she owns to get into the good graces of others, either. Whatever will put her in an advantageous future position is totally fair game, in her opinion.
Almost as much as actual cash, Ivy is rich in the currency of high school- gossip. She's an absolute gossip-hound, keeping track of all school drama and holding it above the heads of whoever she can. Though many people flock around her and she has a wide circle of "friends", there are precious few people who actually care about her, and vice versa. She trusts almost no one- trust can get you knocked right off the seat of power, after all. Not helping matters is the political and personal viewpoints she holds, learned from her parents- she is a hard-line conservative and pretty intolerant, though not openly so. Primarily she uses it as a secret weapon against those that are different from herself- be them not-white, not-straight, or not-rich.
Ivy considers herself very trendy and, since Kingman is basically in the middle of nowhere, she likes to pick up on current trends on the internet and bring them to the town- at the moment she's heavy into pastel goth fashion, dyeing her hair pastel pink and purchasing pricey fake flower crowns online. She loves owning things that no one else has and to that end she likes shopping at Etsy and other homemade online stores. Outside of the complexities of her social life Ivy does have a few soft spots- she has a four-year-old brother whom she showers love and affection upon, she is surprisingly musical and good both at singing and the violin (something her mom insisted she take up when she was young- she's very defensive of the school band in general and will happily rip you apart if you imply that the band is anything less than super cool), and she can be an almost entirely different person around the few she trusts- open, brutally honest, and surprisingly funny.
TL;DR: "Ivy, why can't you just be a friend? Why do you have to be such a mega-bitch?" "Because I can be."
In addition, anyone in the school orchestra wouldn't necessarily be her friend, but she would be far nicer to them than she is to others.
Relationships so far:
- Ron Bailey (LordB's character): Current boyfriend
- Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Close friends/precious toadying junior
- Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Good friends
- Oskar Pearce (SansaSaver's character): Good friends/"little brother"
- Joshua E. Bracewell (SansaSaver's character): Friends/"pet"
- Bridgette Sommerfeld (leAloha's character): Friends
- Emma Aguilar Luz (KamiKaze's character): Friends
- Aaron Meyer (Legacy70's character): Friends
- Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Friendly acquaintances
- Adelaide Walker (MrMissMrs Random's character): Frenemies
- Helen Cruz (Espi's character): Frenemies
- Alex Darby (Dark Lord Bunbury's character): Frenemies
- Daniel "Danny" Brooks (Violent-Medic's character): Ex-boyfriend
- Jeremy Frasier (Yugikun's character): Band acquaintances
- Gary Kwan (Pancapples's character): One-sided crush from her, dislike from him
- Richard Samuels (Teive's character): One-sided crush from him, playful disdain from her
- Kimiko Kao (Deamon's character): Dislike from her
- Min-jae Parker (backslash's character): Dislike from him
- Bryony E. Adams (Pippin's character): One of Ivy's targets
- Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Enemies/one of Ivy's targets
- Astrid Tate (Pippin's character): Enemies
- Hazel L. Jung (SansaSaver's character): Enemies
- Clarice Halwood (Violent-Medic's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
- Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
- Faith-Hope Micheals (Deamon's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
- Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
- Roderick Kanuho (The Burned Handler's character): Ex-boyfriend/ended badly, now he dislikes her intensely
Activities: Theater (on stage)
Personality: Cheerful, gregarious, dramatic, paranoid, overbearing, fickle, impulsive, harsh, judgmental
- [+] Spoiler
Gwen loves to be loved- she loves affection of all types- but her own emotions are fickle at best. A sufferer of undiagnosed borderline personality disorder, Gwen tends to be overly dramatic, alternatingly obsessively attached and oddly distant from her friends, and often paranoid. But from the outside and to most people, Gwen is a cheerful, peppy girl who loves cute things, the occult, vampires, Hot Topic, Claire's, pretty dresses and blood. Her older sister, Maribel, is four years older and a graduate of Cochise- when her teachers found out that her younger sister was coming to the school, Gwen was the last thing they expected- while Maribel was a classic type-A, a cheerleader with perfect grades, Gwen proudly calls herself the black sheep of the family.
Gwen loves baking (one of the few commonalities between her and her family), video games (the bloodier the better), sneaking into older kids' parties, and art of most kinds- drawing, theater, music (though she can't make it herself) and photography are all interests of hers. She's gregarious and makes friends easily, though those friends might have a hard time dealing with her once she trusts them enough to be herself around them. She's obsessed with being perceived as beautiful and is extremely self-conscious about her appearance. Gwen is a sophomore who tends to write off others her own age as "boring" or "immature" and is constantly trying to get into the good graces of older kids. She goes through relationships with kids her own age like underwear; she likes dating older boys (and girls; she's bisexual but with a preference for guys) best and tends to lavish affection on them while constantly fearing they'll leave her.
Gwen is half-Mexican, half-white, with pale brown skin, straight black hair that she curls slight waves and medium-brown eyes. She's a bit chubby and constantly self-conscious about that. Her outfits tend to be based on black but with highlights and accessories in bright colors, maximizing skin exposure to the very limits of the school's dress code. Thanks to her cousin- a professional tattoo artist and a black sheep himself- she is covered in tattoos. Unicorns covered in blood, vampires wearing tutus, black and pink twin cats, stars, hearts, blood splatters- all sorts of things too numerous to name. They cover her legs, arms, back and collarbone area; she can cover them up with long sleeve shirts and long pants when necessary, though she strongly prefers not to.
TL;DR: Gwen's dearest and only ambition is to become a Suicide Girl the moment she turns eighteen. Anything beyond that is just thinking too far ahead for her.
Relationships so far:
- Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Friends through theater
- Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Friends/one-sided crush from her
- Rochelle Ayers (Sunny Delighted's character): Casual friends
- Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Frenemies
- Jeremy Frasier (Yugikun's character): Ex-boyfriend
- Roderick Kanuho (The Burned Handler's character): Party hookup
- Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Enemies