Survivor

March 26th, 2011, 6:18 pm #11

Her breath caught in her throat.

He's going to shoot us.

Quincy was holding the rifle.

He's going to kill us.

She watched him pick it up.

After all this, we're going to die?

She shut her eyes tight, and squeezed Peter' hand.

But the shot never came. She waited. But still, it never came.

"...We're okay?"

Slowly, Kaitlin opened her eyes and watched Quincy leave, looked around and saw no one else around. They were alone again. They were alone out there and honestly, she wouldn't have it any other way. She preferred to be alone with Peter instead of around those other people. She couldn't trust those other people. Neither of them could afford to trust other people. It was just the way things worked out in this game. Don't trust anyone. But they'd broken that rule long ago, and Kaitlin felt better for it. She trusted Peter with everything. With her life. With her safety. With everything.

Even with her heart.

Realizing that she was edging on crushing his hand, Kaitlin released her grip on Peter and let out a rather large sigh of relief. She no longer had to be so tense and she could let herself relax a little. They weren't in any immediate danger and it looked like nothing would be getting in their way again. Maybe... maybe they could actually make it to the sawmill today. Maybe they could actually reach a destination they had in mind. Even if she didn't want to. But she kept her misgivings about what they were going to do to herself. It had to be done. It had to be done.

Didn't it?

Shaking her head, she tried to turn her thoughts to something a little more lighthearted. Something a little more normal. Something like a shower. Bathing at the beach the other day was fine, but she would love a hot shower. Or any shower, really. But a hot one would be perfect right about now. Wash away all the stress and worry and fear. Wash away all the dirt and bad memories and horrible things. Spend the night in an actual bed.

"Well... um... what now?"

She was uneasy, but Kaitlin still flashed a smile to Peter.

"It looks... safe. Should we keep going?"

Cautiously, she looked around. Then started to stand up. Always cautious. But things looked safe. Things looked okay. She half expected to get shot the moment she stood up, but everything seemed okay for now. Everything was going to be alright.

For now.

"I don't like this Peter..."

Kaitlin sighed again, and idly rubbed her neck. She followed the chain around her neck down to the locket that hung from her neck, tracing it's outline against her jacket. Or Peter's jacket, rather, but she hadn't ever actually given it back. He didn't seem to mind, and it was a comfortable jacket.

"I don't like it here."

Talk about understatements.

"Can... can we go home?"

It certainly seemed uncertain now, didn't it?
Boy #??? - Joshua Edwards
Hanging out somewhere, playing his heart out.
Writer and local retail slave at the comic book store.

Girl #??? - Viktoriya "Vika" Starikova
Floating in the void, unfinished and half-formed.
Hot headed member of the soft ball team, secretly wishing she could fly.
[+] spoiler
Boy #14 - Alex P. White
Where he started, and where he finished.
Tried his best and tried too hard, and fucked up royally at every turn.

Boy #61 - William M. Hearst
Where he began, and where he ended.
Did what he could and tried to do more, but ran out of time.

Girl #48 - Kaitlin Anderheim
Where she was, and where she went.
Found her strength and her will to live, and survived despite it all.

Girl #101 - Sofia I. Martelli
Where she rose, and where she fell.
Started out angry and alone, but died on her own terms, in love.

SOTF_Help
Winner

March 27th, 2011, 9:58 pm #12

((Mike Maszer continued from Aching Chest and Blurry Sight))

Mike made very good time down the mountain. The fear and adrenaline kept him going. He hadn't seen much of a sign of Maxwell in some time, but he couldn't go back. If the killer had chosen to continue upwards, had killed Mike's allies, well, then he was the only one who knew the remainder of the plan. He had to spread it before something happened to him. He had to do something.

He was in the felled forest, the southern side, on the mountain's northern slope. He could see people leaving. He could also see some other people standing around. No way to tell who they were. They had to be better than Maxwell, but that wasn't saying much.

It would be better to take a slow, stealthy approach here. Unless, of course, some killer popped up guns blazing and shot him from behind. Still, that was looking less likely by the second.

So Mike, still breathing heavily, started creeping towards the people. He wasn't keeping too low a profile, so they might well notice him, but he certainly wasn't drawing attention to himself.

T-Fox
Winner

March 28th, 2011, 5:11 pm #13

((All GMing approved by Dr. Nic.))

Suddenly, just like that, they were alone. The boy with the rifle had departed too. Peter finally allowed himself to let out that long held breath, nervousness washing quickly away from him. It almost looked as if the other boy had made a point to keep the rifle pointed low... Try to not seem threatening.

He mentally slapped himself for having been so paranoid to have automatically assumed the other a killer. These weren't prisoners or murderers. These were his classmates! The only one who had really transcended that in his mind was Maxwell. He had killed what, 11? 12? Four percent of the Bayview Secondary class of 2008. That didn't sound like all that much. But when you consider that only half of them were still around... That was still close to 10 percent of all the kills so far. There was no way he wasn't enjoying what he was doing.

Alas, as Quincy left the area, Peter almost immediately plopped down on a nearby stump and took in a deep breath, attempting to relax away the stress that had built up so rapidly. The sight of that rifle had quickly reminded him of his own mortality. Until they were no longer kept in bondage by the bastards who were ultimately responsible for all of this, they were in serious danger of dying. They had been extremely lucky to have so many days alone. And together.

Hell. Even after the collars were removed... They were still in massive danger.

He shook his head.

"I don't like this Peter... I don't like it here. Can... can we go home?"

He turned towards the voice he had come to know so well over the past week. It was really hard to believe it had only been a week. He felt like he knew her so well, better than he had ever known anyone before...

And as his gaze met hers, he realized that she was right there. Sure she had been the entire time, but it seemed to finally hit him that she was right there. Only a foot away, gazing right into his eyes. The sudden awareness caused a little bit of a blush to creep over his face.

"Y-Yeah. We'll be home soon Katlin. I promise."

She was kneeling down next to him. Her visage, closer and closer... He was nearly mesmerized, that flush on his cheeks growing a little brighter still. Any other day, back at Bayview, he would have averted his gaze and quickly shuffled away. Not worthy, he would tell himself. You're not worth her time; she's out of your league.

Especially with someone so beautiful and kind as Katlin. But... Something was different.

"I-I feel like I know you so well, even though it's only been a week..." His hand grasped hers. He felt her hand squeeze around his, a little sign of affection. He could feel his skin rubbing against hers as he pretty much shook like a leaf from embarrassment and nervousness.

Little Peter McCue. Never had a girlfriend. Picked on, teased, a year younger than he really should have been, was now looking into the eyes of the prettiest girl that would ever come from Bayview, hands down. At least in his opinion.

When did their faces get this close?

He felt a soft, slight contact on his lips. All he could see was her eyes, such a deep green. He could get lost there forever... And then realization yet again. He had just shared his first kiss on camera, with millions upon millions watching across the entire globe. He shook a little as he pulled his head back, never breaking that eye contact.

Unable to come up with any words, he just offered her a warm smile. A little awkward, but warm and inviting. And despite the chaos, destruction, and death going on around them, for just a moment the world stopped, and the poor little boy's heart fluttered.
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
[+] spoiler
B008 - Peter McCue - "Welcome home Katlin." - "DECEASED" - (Killcount: 0) - St. Paul, Minnesota [RANK: 82/276]
B011 - Chadd Crossen - "Janet... I forgive you for everything." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Northern Cliffs: Sometimes Sanctuary isn't That Far Away... [RANK: 242/276]
B018 - Colin Falcone - Damned if Danya could stop him; even in death. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Antonio Russo) - The Costal Woods: One Final Bow [RANK: 161/276]
G020 - Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten - She was never really alone at all. - DECEASED - (Killcount: 1 - Maria Santiago) - The Tunnels: Peripeteia [RANK: 106/276]
B100 - Rekka Saionji - "Real... men... don't cry." - DECEASED - (Killcount: 0) - The Tunnels: It Knows Nothing of Whim [RANK: 208/276]
What is wrong with you people?!
[+] spoiler
(7:07:51 PM) Little: "TAKE THAT MOM. YOU TRIED TO PROTECT ME, BUT I'VE BEEN TEN COCKS DEEP 24/SEV-UNNNNNN"
Rattlesnake: ...He says confidently after burning his roll null. I think Ciel just punched the RNG in the face.
Namira: Ciel: Punch RNG in the snout to establish superiority.
KamiKaze: I think Kyle enjoys the scent of poor people.

Sean
Survivor

April 3rd, 2011, 7:13 am #14

((Joe Rios continued from The Lost Boys))

Joe Rios wandered. The felled forest was a decent walk away from the mine, but that was good. Gave him time. Time he needed.

His mind was on nothing in particular. This was for the best. He didn't want to think about Rose. He didn't want to think about his family. He didn't want to think about how much of a fucking bastard Danya was.

He'd gotten enough of that already. All he wanted was to rest.

A figure in the distance caught his eye. A man with long blonde hair. Joe walked towards the man. Slowly. Methodically, like a convicted murderer heading to the gallows.

"Hey, you. Kill me," he said quietly.

Joe wondered how it was going to end. Would it be quick, like the girl Cisco killed? It was the best he could hope for, although he had a feeling nipping at the back of his mind that he didn't deserve it. He'd abandoned the first person on this island who'd trusted him, and he was too late to save one of the few people he truly loved. It would be a disgrace for him to not feel their suffering.

Without realizing it, he swallowed. His heart was beating faster than he'd ever felt before; this was the ultimate "fuck you" to Danya's sick little game, and he was living it.

The only way to win is not to play, he thought.
[+] spoiler
B124 - Joe Rios - Nothing - Shot
G118 - Rose Codreanu - Nothing - Collarsploded
B048 - Milo Taylor - Nothing - Bled Out
[+] spoiler
Mark Kent
Quoth Super Llama: wrote:One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

And the masses will look upon him and weep at the beauty of it all.
wrote:[19:25] Hallucinogenic: it's not like i wanna put my anus on parade
wrote:04:26MimiOH
04:26MimiTHAT'S LESS BAD
04:27MimiI THOUGHT SHE HAD TO JERK OFF MONKEYS

Dr. Nic
Survivor
Dr. Nic
Survivor

April 3rd, 2011, 10:35 am #15

[Yes, I suck. Sorry for the delay in getting this out. This week has been hectic.]

When had the mood of the situation changed so much? Without even realizing it, Kaitlin noticed that she was alone with Peter and alone was how she liked it. Maybe it was the boy with the gun, or panic and fear she felt when she saw him. Maybe. But whatever had caused it, the two of them were a lot closer than they had been since they got up that morning. And she liked it that way. Being next to Peter. Being close to him.

Has it really only been a week?

A week on the island with only one person she could trust, only one person she could really count on. Being protected and watched over, being taken care of. If it weren't for Peter, she would have likely died a long time ago. If it weren't for Peter, she would probably still be in those dark tunnels, alone and afraid with no one by her side. Peter saved her so many times already. So many times. He really was her savior.

Funny, she didn't remember getting this close.

Nor did she remember moving so close and...

and...

Wow. So, this would be her first kiss then, huh? At least, the first one that seemed to really matter. It was... nice. She didn't quite know what to do afterward, and it didn't look like Peter did either, but trading smiles wouldn't do much for their situation. So, Kaitlin decided to be the one to make the next move and, after a moment, slung her arms around Peter. And she just sat there for as long as she could with her arms wrapped tight around him.

"Thank you, Peter."

She whispered to him.

"Thank you for everything. For staying with me. For protecting me. For always being there for me..."

By now, she was sure. It was more than simple caring. It was more than simply being friends. But she couldn't bring herself to admit it, to say it to him, to tell him how she felt. But that didn't stop her from trying to show it, even if she was, for the most part, simply fumbling her way through it all. Silly things from stories and TV shows, from movies and even the rare romance novel kept slipping in to her head as she tried to figure out what she was supposed to do in this situation. So many things seemed so out there or so inappropriate though that Kaitlin was left with nothing to show for her sudden silence. Even the simplest of things didn't seem like they would work, either not being enough or being too much. God, this was hard.

Why couldn't life be simple and easy?

Of course, finding a place where they could actually be alone, where they could actually feel safe, would probably make working through whatever it was she was feeling so much easier. But as long as they were out there in the wilderness, even if the wilderness had long since been clear cut, Kaitlin would always be looking over her shoulder. Or over Peter's shoulder, in this case.

"...Um, Peter?"

She eased away from him, and pointed.

"I think we have company."

Three's company...

Four is a crowd.

[+] spoiler
Boy #14 - Alex P. White

SOTF_Help
Winner

April 3rd, 2011, 9:24 pm #16

Mike didn't even notice the guy coming towards him until he was right there. He was too busy worrying. Maxwell had to be up the mountain still. That was sure. That, or he had lost the trail somewhere. The people in the distance, though, were a bigger worry. He'd finally been able to identify one of them, the guy who was leaving. It was that guy who had killed Max Neill. Luckily, he was gone in a second. Mike stood very still, though, keeping quiet, waiting until he was sure, positively sure, the guy was out of sight and not coming back or looping around for an ambush.

But now, there was this other guy right here, asking Mike to kill him. He blinked. Looked the guy over. He didn't really have a clue who he was dealing with. He was out of breath and in a fairly foul mood and did not need to be dealing with more crazy people right now. He panted for a second, then said, "Why would I kill you? And who are you, anyways?"

The last thing he needed right now was some crazy suicidal person trying to get his help offing themselves.

Dr. Nic
Survivor
Dr. Nic
Survivor

April 7th, 2011, 2:16 pm #17

[Taking over for Peter until T-Fox returns from his brief hiatus.]

Little Peter McCue. Never had a girlfriend. And yet here he was in front of millions, his first kiss and his first real romantic moment out there for all to witness. He had yet to get over that fact when Kaitlin leaned forward and put her arms around him. It wasn't the first time she'd done that, and he hoped it wouldn't be the last. But it certainly seemed to be the most important, hands down. The world had long since stopped and all eyes were on them. They were the center of everything and nothing else mattered. Just him, her, and their embrace. Locked together with their arms around each other.

Nothing could have ruined that moment. He felt as if they were ten miles up and would never come down.

That is, until Kaitlin mentioned company.

Peter held a tiny bit of hope that it would be someone he knew, someone they could trust. Someone like Ridley. But when Kaitlin pulled back and pointed, he turned to find his meager hopes dashed. It wasn't Ridley, and it certainly wasn't someone they could trust. There was something glinting on his back... A weapon. Something massive. The bright, silver blade was catching the light and shining right into Peter's eye.

No... Not now... Why did it have to be now?

He squinted and covered his eyes, but turned his attention on finding a way out of there without drawing much if any attention. They came close, too close, with Quincy and the rifle. Peter wouldn't hesitate to protect Kaitlin if it came down to it, but he wasn't about to put her in any more danger by staying there. They had to get going and they had to do it quickly, before they were spotted or worse, before whoever it was over there decided that they would be the perfect targets to test how sharp that blade was, like some terrible incarnation of Death come for their souls.

Great, now that's all he could imagine. Death coming to lop off their heads. So much for having his head in the clouds.

"Come on, let's go." Peter took Kaitlin's hand, and squeezed tight. It had been a sign of affection just a moment ago, but now he used it to reassure her. He was going to keep her safe and the look in her eyes told him that she knew that, and so much more. The flushed color of his skin had disappeared somewhere along the line and the fluttering of his heart had been replaced by an adrenaline fueled pounding. Where a poor little boy had once stood was now a man, determined to protect what was important to him.

"Don't worry, Kaitlin. We'll be home soon. I promise. It'll just be a little longer."

He wasn't quite sure where this bit of courage kept coming from, but he was going to use it for as long as it lasted. He made sure he still had everything and with one more reassuring squeeze of her hand, set off with Kaitlin. Away from the potential dangers and out into the unknown. Toward the logging road and the Sawmill.

Dirty deeds needed doing.

With only the best intentions...

[Boy #8 - Peter McCue. Continued in So Far Away From Home.]

[+] spoiler
Boy #14 - Alex P. White

Sean
Survivor

April 9th, 2011, 6:14 pm #18

"Look." Joe stared at the man. "The only way we can beat this sick fuck's game is if we go willingly to our deaths. Deny him the sadistic pleasure he takes in watching us try to go against it."

Joe paused.

"So just fucking do it already. What the hell are you waiting for?" he said.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Mark Kent
Quoth Super Llama: wrote:One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

SOTF_Help
Winner

April 9th, 2011, 6:41 pm #19

Mike blinked at the guy. What the hell was his problem? There were all sorts of things to worry about on the island, and he wanted Mike to kill him? That was insane. Mike didn't want to kill this guy. He hadn't done anything to Mike, well, except put him in this awkward situation in the first place. Moreover, being a killer would probably really mess up his credibility when it came to trying to escape this awful island.

More than that, why was it so important that he do the killing? Why not just mess with the collar and explode or whatever? Mike wasn't even armed. He'd have to beat this guy bloody with his bare hands or choke him or something, and the thought gave him chills.

"No, man," he said. "If you want to die, you can do it or something. I have to go. I have things to work on."

He turned, and started walking away from the crazy guy.

Sean
Survivor

April 10th, 2011, 9:25 pm #20

Joe smiled.

"I'm not sure if you understood me." He unsheathed his scythe. "Either I die right now or you do, and it looks like you've made your choice," Joe said.

Batter up.

He swung at the man's lower leg, hoping to shatter his kneecap, or better, sever the man's leg from the knee down.

So this is what it feels like to be a killer. This could get addictive, Joe thought.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Mark Kent