Dreams and Reality

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 5th, 2016, 8:26 am #1

((Sandy Bricks continued from Among these 'hallowed' walls...))

Sandy remembered when they’d tried to make him take group therapy. It was about two years after it had happened, when he was still barely talking to anyone at school if he didn’t have to; they thought that him getting along with other people his own age with their own issues might’ve helped him feel less isolated. Going around in a circle, listening to people who had it just as bad as him, if not worse, wasn’t something he enjoyed, but actually talking about his own problems to a bunch of strangers was complete torture, and it wasn’t long before he was refusing to participate.

Needless to say, the sessions had not lasted long.

So it was that he’d recognised the group therapy room for its purpose, and almost walked back out again. He wasn’t plagued by disturbing memories about the practice, more that he just didn’t like that word in front of its name. After a day of people trying to force him into their company, groups were the last thing he wanted to think about.

However, he was also tired and the day was winding up, so he’d decided to bunker down for the night. He’d tried to read The Illiad he'd taken from the library, but the lack of lighting made it more trouble than it was worth, so his attempts to fall asleep were fraught with lingering frustration.

With the coming of the dawn came the announcements. Already more or less awake anyway, Sandy had listened in a neutral manner. There was a strange lack of horror over the beginning of the killing, but he knew that it was a difficult fact to accept all the same. The lack of concern over the names was also off, but strange was not the right word for that; he could not find the correct one.

None of the people he’d met yesterday had died, so was he supposed to consider that a relief? None of them had endeared themselves to him, and most of them had actively done the opposite. That didn’t mean he wanted them dead, that wasn’t right, but hoping for their safety was not even remotely on his mind.

He pressed his forehead into his knees, once again trying to drown out the world, taking a deep breath as he rubbed his temples. He couldn’t even get upset when he heard that nine people he was supposed to know had died; what kind of person did that make him? And if that many had dropped, what did that mean for his chances? What the hell was he supposed to think in a situation like this?

Sandy sat there for a long while, stuck in his silent struggle.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 5th, 2016, 9:09 am #2

She hadn’t slept.

((Jasmine King, continued from Survival Strategy))

It was too much of a risk. Anyone could find her if she did it. And if certain people found her when she was sleeping, who knew what they would do to her? No. It was smartest to stay awake. She had the chance to find more people that way. She had a better chance of staying safe that way. She knew that it would tire her, yes, but she knew that she could deal with that. There was a book she had read, once. It told her that chocolate or any sort of caffeine had the ability to wear off the effects of tiredness. She knew that she couldn’t find any of that here, but she remembered another time when she hadn’t. She had woken up late by accident during a camp and had missed breakfast, and she had cursed herself for that, but she had been able to ignore that. There wasn’t any caffeine, but there was water. She splashed it over, and all the tiredness had gone away.

And that was what she did, just earlier. There was water in her bottle, and she spared herself the slight chance. She had put her fingers in, and smeared them on her eyelids, slightly.

And all the tiredness had gone away. She felt as fresh as she could be.

And now she was walking, around the asylum. Exploring. Searching. It was still her goal to find other people, and it was still her goal to find a group. She knew it’d help her. She knew that it would allow her to stay alive, for just that while longer. She knew that there was someone out there who would help her. Ben, Jordan. Kizi. They were out there. They hadn’t been mentioned on the announcements. They were still alive. She could find them. Maybe not those people in particular, but there were others she knew. Others who she could talk to. Others who she could convince. She could do that. She could talk. She could get people to do what they wanted her to do.

But she hadn’t.

She knew she hadn’t been able to. At least so far. At the moment that she walked into the room with all the chairs, she couldn’t name a single good thing that she had been able to do for herself. She let the girl in the dark room walk away. She walked away from Maxim when she could have convinced him if she had tried harder. She made Toby angry at her. She ran from Toby, just like she had ran from the two people on top of the storehouse. They were all mistakes. They were all ones that she had made.

...She knew, somewhere, that she couldn’t have slept. Even if she had wanted to. There were failures. They were adding up. They were weighing on her. She would have thought about them all night and she would have been the same as she was right now.

And there was something else. There was a corpse. In the storehouse. Rea’s. It was peaceful. It was happy.

It had a gash straight through her middle.

She looked down. At the ground. She breathed, through her mouth.

She just had to find someone. Anyone, at this point, who would agree to help her.

And then everything could actually be okay.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 5th, 2016, 8:45 pm #3

No, he was upset, he must’ve been. Of course people were going to start dying and killing each other, that was how this whole thing worked, but that didn't mean it meant nothing. Yeah, maybe he wasn’t surprised or horrified or in tears from it, but it still must've bothered him on some level. He wasn’t some kind of unfeeling monster, after all. He couldn’t be.

As per tradition, his stressful contemplation was interrupted by unexpected company. Having chosen to camp on the same wall as the entrance to the room, Sandy was able to remain undetected as the girl strode right in, giving him the fleeting but valuable observational edge.

Just like in the library, this person was another complete stranger, barely recognisable as a face from the halls or perhaps some club driven photo spread. Given what had happened to him last time in this situation (he swore he could still taste those damned spiders), Sandy was already beginning to tense.

“For fuck's sake…” he grumbled to himself in as deliberate a whisper as he could, creeping up the wall to a standing position. He reached for the Molotov that he’d kept atop his bag, within easy reach for a situation exactly like this. He knew what it was by now, having taken some time to rifle through his bag the night before in a fit of boredom, but it suited him more as a blunt object than a fiery projectile.

“I’m not looking for friends.” He announced to Jasmine’s back, ready to give her a firm stare that said ‘and don’t try to convince me otherwise’ when she inevitably turned around. He wasn’t going to start the next day in Hell with a repeat of the first, and he strongly suspected that the sooner Jasmine was gone, the happier he’d be.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 6th, 2016, 3:49 am #4

A voice called out.

She jumped. Turned. There was someone in here already. How could she not have seen that? It didn’t make sense. He was near the wall close to where she entered the room so how did she not notice him? She would have seen him, even if it was only in the corner of her eye. It didn’t make sense. She should have seen him. She should have seen him before she had entered the room and she could have made a plan of how to talk to him. That would have been the smart thing to do, but instead she just decided to walk in without even trying to check. And now she was here, alone with the other person. At least she could work with that. He was Sandy. Not someone she personally knew - although since they were both in the same middle school she knew about his parents - but at least that meant he didn’t likely hate her. If she could say a couple things, maybe she could finally attain the ally she wanted.

The words rebuking her came out of his mouth before she even got the chance to say hello.

He didn’t want to be with other people. She grimaced. That was a bad idea on his part. He’d be alone and then he’d have nothing to protect him if someone like the people on the announcements came. No. That wasn’t a good idea at all. Still, if he wanted to do the less intelligent thing and get himself killed, there was only so much that Jasmine could do about that. She turned her foot towards the door, ready to excuse herself before leaving, but…

No.

She wouldn’t.

She couldn’t. No. She couldn’t just leave. She was alone. She needed people. She had had so many opportunities to find other people at this point and she had squandered all of them entirely because of her actions. She had made all of her mistakes. She was the reason why she wasn’t in a group. She had done everything wrong so far and it was all beginning to add up on her. No. She wasn’t going to make any more mistakes. She wasn’t going to just run and leave people by themselves.

She wasn’t going to be alone.

She just needed to think of something to say, though. Something that worked as a response to what Sandy had just said and a way to get him to change his mind. That was easy. She had done this before. Things on what to say to do what she was doing just came naturally, at this point.

“Why? Did…”

Her voice skipped. Surprise. Tingling sensation of fear crawling up her arms and making her unsure of what she should-

No. She couldn’t feel that. Not now.

“Did something happen?”
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 6th, 2016, 7:34 pm #5

Sandy felt his hand grip around the neck of the bottle. Once again, someone couldn’t take a hint.

“Nothing happened.” He hissed at Jasmine, continuing to give her his uninviting stare. What did she even mean by something happening? Someone trying to stick a knife in him? Someone wanting to take all his stuff away and laugh at his loss? Something absolutely awful that no doubt must be falling upon him for the crime of being abducted by terrorists?

Well, he supposed, some things had happened.

He found his stare breaking, as he shifted his gaze away from Jasmine in an awkward grumble. Yeah, meeting people had been one painful, embarrassing experience after another; that’s why he was trying to cut them out permanently and just get people to leave him alone already. How hard was it to just hear no at face value and be on your damned merry way?

“It’s none of your business, now leave me alone.”

He continued to avoid eye contact, but his grip didn’t relax either.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 7th, 2016, 3:57 am #6

The sense in her body and the urge to reel back could be felt through Jasmine.

But she didn’t. She stayed still. She stood where she was and didn’t budge as Sandy just rebuked her question like that. Because okay, that didn’t seem to work. It clearly wasn’t something that happened to him, so maybe it was something else that was making him so goddamm pissy. But if it wasn’t because of that, then what could it be? She didn’t think it could be because of the situation, she was angry too, and that didn’t last. It probably wasn’t because someone died, because that was something that happened and apparently nothing had happened to him. So why was he so annoyed. What could she do to get him to calm down? She didn’t know, and just like everything else in the pile of the things that she wasn’t sure about, it annoyed her. And it was adding up.

Oh, also, you know what wasn’t helping at all? Sandy’s attitude. Oh hey, guys, I’m so angry and just so pissy at this person I barely know. Surely since she’s just such a bitch from what I’ve heard that makes it okay for me to do so, right?

No. No it didn’t. Sandy was just being an idiot. Sandy was just having a hissy fit or something. As much as Jasmine wanted to fulfill his wish, she needed him. She needed a group and there was no-one else in the area, so it seemed that he was the best person that she could get.

She almost sighed.

She supposed that she just had to pretend she cared.

“Then what’s the issue? I’d be glad to help if there is one.”
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 7th, 2016, 8:20 am #7

He was crushing the neck of the bottle again, that tremor coming back as his gripped his eyes shut. Every one of them who had been wanting to hang out, get along and all that crap; why did none of them ever realise how simple it was to actually help him?

“You know what the issue is?” he said, but it only really came out in a faint murmur. He took in a breath, determined to meet Jasmine’s gaze before he spoke again and make sure she understood it plain and simple.

“People like you are the issue. People who keep coming up to me and trying to team up, then telling me how stupid I am for not wanting to. You think we should all make friends when we’re about to die, that I'm a dead man if I don't. That it’s my fault if I’m just not someone who makes friends with anyone.”

Never really could, and probably never really would.

“So if you really want to help and you’re not just saying that, do me a favour and go away

He didn’t flinch. He knew she was going to start insulting him, tell him how screwed he was, try to make him feel worse than he already did, but he didn’t flinch.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 7th, 2016, 9:28 am #8

Okay.

That was it.

Her fists clenched. She didn’t care about the pain that the knuckles caused on them. She didn’t care that her nails were digging into her hands. All she cared about was that Sandy was just refusing to listen to what fucking reason was, and was refusing to help her get him to actually find out. He was just going on this long and retarded tirade on how being alone was the greatest and how people were just so annoying by asking him to do what the sensible thing to do in this situation was. And you know what the worst part was? There was probably a space in Sandy’s mind calling her a hypocrite for what she was doing right now. Saying that she totally wanted to help but was deliberately doing the worst thing for him, despite the fact that someone who thought they were being so smart for thinking that being alone was the best way to go was not seeing what the best idea to do if they just wanted to continue fucking living was.

“Okay.”

She stepped forward, towards Sandy. Looked at him in the eyes.

“I don’t care if something happened to you that’s making you act all so sad and lonely and depressed right now, I’m just saying things how I know they are. There’s actual safety in numbers at this point, and I’ve been trying to find those numbers for so long only for some idiot or some asshole or some ridiculous circumstance to take it away from me.”

She stopped. Took a breath.

“And believe me, I’ve been trying to make you think otherwise, but clearly something’s happened to you that’s put you so far up your own ass that you can’t think of anything that actually benefits your own survival.”

She knew that Sandy wasn’t going to side with her now.

She didn’t care.

“It’s clear that nothing I’m going to say’s convincing you, so if you want to end up just like your parents I’m going to take my leave now.”
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 7th, 2016, 10:29 am #9

Sandy’s anger rose with Jasmine’s as she fired back her heated insults.

There was no surprise as her shallow offer for help devolved into all the insults that he’d predicted, but it didn’t make him feel any better whatsoever. He didn't enjoy any quiet victory over how he'd completely anticipated how this hypocrite was going to treat him, just more frustration that he had been right the entire time. He was so sick of repeating this whole damned thing by now.

Then Jasmine crossed the line.

His hateful glare turned into stunned disbelief, as his mouth hung agape amidst the silence between them. He almost dropped his weapon in that moment as every tension in his body stuttered.

She'd really just said it. She couldn't have, but she had.

She wasn't allowed to talk about it. She wasn't allowed to remind him about it.

No-one was allowed. No-one had the right to bring it up so easily. like they were asking him about the weather. No-one was allowed to mention it as if they had any right whatsoever. Only a few people were allowed to talk to him about it at all.

Nobody else.

Not Jasmine.

He was advancing on her, and the bottle was threatening to shatter in his hand from how tightly he was squeezing its neck, but all he could focus on was the girl in front of him.

“You don’t talk about it!”

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 9th, 2016, 4:20 am #10

The words came out of her mouth, and Sandy’s expression turned from annoyance to anger.

Wait.

She took a step back. Away from Sandy, near a chair, because no no no no no no no that was absolutely the worst thing she could have done. Everything had added up and it rose until it couldn’t be contained anymore and she made a mistake because of it and that pinged on her skin twisting and turning and beginning to add up once again. Why did she say that? She was trying to convince him. She was trying to get him to believe that being in a group was the best thing for him but he was being so stubborn and it added up and she lashed out. She made a mistake. Another thing to be added to the pile of Toby and Maxim and the girl in the dark room and the two people at the helicopter. No. There was no way she could say anything else now. There was no way that she could try and convince him.

She just had to get out. She just had to escape from this room and try again with another person and just do what she should have done earlier.

She took a step back. She looked at Sandy. He was advancing towards her and no no no no no no she had to say something. She had to apologise and get out of here before he did anything. She knew that there wasn’t a chance of them joining up now, but she knew that she could live from this. She knew that she could escape from here because she could just say something. Apologize. She knew what to say here, and she knew that she could convince him.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do it I swear!”

The words were more frantic than she meant for them to be.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler