Link: Copy link
You would not believe the stuff it has.Yugikun wrote:I'm kinda disturbed that the program you used had "playboy bunny" as an option.
wrote:Alrighty, folks. After some musing, Ive come up with a rough to-do list for music. I am, of course, totally open to discussion on this end if theres something Ive missed that you think would improve the game.
By and large, Im looking at area-keyed music, with a few themes/tunes for specific recurring characters or scenes. Most of the character-keyed themes are TBA until I actually start working on the writing side of things. For area music, Id love to see themes land in the 45-seconds-to-three-minutes category. Ideally somewhere in the neighborhood of a minute and a half seems likely to be best. Songs that loop semi-neatly are quite appreciated, but not strictly speaking necessary. Ive included some extremely loose notes for what sorts of things Im thinking could be appropriate. Please dont feel obligated to hew too religiously to them; Im not going to freak out if you cant play a strawberry, as it were.
- Casino Theme: Id like to see something with some energy to it, but also a hint of the sinister. After all, bad stuff happens here and this area becomes more important as the game goes on.
- Theatre Theme: Im thinking something a little dramatic might work well here.
- Boardwalk/Beach Theme: Something a little towards the quiet end, but with an edge of creepiness or menace? There are a lot of hiding places around here.
- Cabaret Theme: If you can make something kind of dancey and kind of sleezy, thatd be perfect.
- Nature Walk/Orchard Theme: Something a bit more relaxed would be goodthis will be a large, open area without too many people.
- Hotel Theme: This can be basically anything. Perhaps a hint of tropical sound?
- World Oyster Theme: This can be basically anything. Maybe something varied or international in flavor, to match the varied restaurants?
- Sunshine Tower Theme: This can be basically anything. Maybe something with a lot of up and down variation to fit the height? But not totally crazy, since its not too exciting an area really.
- Ice Palace Theme: RC has given me a draft of this!
- Spa and Salon Theme: This can be basically anything. Maybe a bit luxurious?
- Tour Guide and Transportation Theme: This can be basically anything.
Ill probably be asking for some themes for recurring characters later too, mostly probably villainous sorts and groups.
- Announcement Theme: This should ideally be really obnoxiously cheerful and peppy. Itll probably be used for the briefing scene too, and since the announcements may end up with quite the amount of text to scroll through, this should probably be on the semi-long end so it doesnt get boring. (On hold--Yugi)
- Start Menu Theme: Something that gets the feel of the whole shebang. A bit creepy, but with some energy and oomph to it. This doesnt have to be too long because really, how long do you stare at the Start Menu?
- Game Over Theme: Something sad and failure-emphasizing but not too annoying because youll probably be hitting this a lot. This does not need to be very long.
- Credits Theme: This is the absolute lowest possible priority and can easily be recycled music from elsewhere in the game, but if someones got tons of time, extra music never hurt.
- Michael Robinson Theme: Michael is currently pegged as the PoV/main character of the game. As such, he should have some a theme! It doesnt have to be too long, because itll probably be used mostly for emphasis. Since Yugis expressed some interest in providing music and he was Michaels handler, Im giving him first dibs on this one. (On hold--Yugi)
- Scarlet Panthers Team Theme: If this could sound a bit like Michaels theme but with a bit more fleshing out, thatd be really sweet. Not necessary, though. Again, no need for this to be too long; itll come up a few times when meeting teammates, but wont be playing too horribly much. Yugi gets first right of refusal again. (On hold--Yugi)