This is very rough and will be edited as my plans become more coherent.
Barbara Gunnerson hates her name a lot and goes by "Bee" or "BB" instead, always. You probably don't even know her real name unless you've known her for a really long time, are friends with her, or have had a sub trip up and use it in class.
BB's big passion is music. She plays in a stoner rock band composed of other Cochise students, but has also been playing piano since elementary school. She's pretty good at it, too. She also likes outdoors stuff, particularly camping, and has interest in performance art. She keeps a blog but it's not very well read, even by her friends.
BB is quite smart, getting good grades partially through work but largely through natural intelligence and talent and being quick to pick things up. She's someone who pegs a lot of her self-image to her intelligence, and generally likes feeling like the smartest person in the room. She's legitimately smart, but also has a notable pretentious streak, which can especially manifest when she gets going on her favorite bands--she's really into avant garde and drone at the moment.
Her social circle is a mix of smarter/more academic kids and slackers; her older brother was a slacker and a stoner and she actually has some leanings towards that culture, though of course she never lets it really get in the way of her schoolwork. Her closest friends are the band, who she cuts more slack than others, but she can get along with lots of folks. In social situations, she can be a bit of a showoff and can make others uncomfortable by being overly pushy or forward with her sense of humor, but is otherwise pretty fine to deal with.
What I'm looking for: Friends (especially characters with an interest in academics or music or who fall into the slacker culture and who won't threaten her self image), people she may have upset or been upset by (either through her overstepping/alienating them or through them stepping on one of her button issues), people she'd know and have opinions about but not necessarily have close relationships with (so there's something more than just "Hey, you!"), any other relationship sort (I'm willing to at least think about most anything). I generally prefer to let really big stuff develop in pregame, though, so I can be sure characters have chemistry--I'm not gonna want to pick, I dunno, a fiance or something off a blurb in a relationship thread.
- [+] Spoiler
- She's good friends with the rest of the band, and also plays music with them!
- Vincenzo is a friend of BB's, going back a nice ways!
- Irene is someone BB's pretty compatible with; she's smart enough to be decent conversation but prone enough to errors/curiosity that she's not threatening!
- Ariana is someone BB digs quite a bit--their core hobbies are very compatible, and their demeanors generally mesh well enough to avoid trouble too!
- Danny flirted with BB at some point--how it turned out is still unknown.
- BB and Al probably know each other in a friendly manner through music stuff!
- BB's probably chill with Jerry, since she digs performance stuff like his dances and his attitude is compatible with hers!
- BB gets along pretty well with Alice, due to shared interests!
- BB gets along with Rory! He's a cool enough dude.
- Lily's cool in BB's books. She doesn't quite gel wit the scene, but that's okay. Support is always nice.
- BB and Matthew get along pretty well and are friends, but there's a bit of tension under the surface because they have some habits liable to push each other's buttons!
- Toby is someone who BB doesn't mesh well with--BB is too much of a showoff and too bragging/casual about her intelligence, and at the same time Toby's own drive makes BB feel a bit uncomfortable!
- BB probably doesn't dig Darius--nothing's more annoying to a braggart than a bragging jerk!
- BB doesn't get along with Astrid--just another overachiever jealous of her natural brilliance!
Gary Merlino is on the baseball team. He's very smooth and charming, but isn't very aware of his limits so sometimes he tries to schmooze his way and it doesn't work well at all. He has a persona that's sort of a cultured bad boy, without ever actually getting that bad.
His parents are divorced, and while he sees both regularly, he's still a bit troubled by the situation and turns most of his focus and attention outside his home. He enjoys baseball, and he's very into socialization, making friends and spending time with them. He'd prefer to be liked than hated, but would equally rather be hated than ignored or forgotten. He dabbles a little in lots of different things from time to time, and has a good workout regime, but doesn't go in for sports much aside from baseball.
He can be a very loyal friend, but is very slow to forgive transgressions against him. At the same time, he rarely lets these grudges he holds be known, instead nursing them and quietly badmouthing the objects of his dislike.
Gary is very WIP for now--I may have a clearer idea in the next few days, but right now things are still percolating.
What I'm looking for: Friends (basically anyone can be Gary's friend if they're willing to deal with him), enemies/rivals (either ex-friends or just folks he never gelled with), girls he flirted with and/or dated (Gary flirts with and dates a lot of girls but not in a very serious or lasting manner), any other relationship sort (I'm willing to at least think about most anything). Same warning as above applies re: big stuff.
- [+] Spoiler
- Gary is on the baseball team, so he knows the baseball folks!
- Gary specifically gets along well with Morgan, to the point where he's down for socializing outside the team context!
- Gary probably gets along quite well with Irene, due to shared common interests and social groups!
- Seo is probably one of Gary's exes, likely having parted on good terms!
- Gary is casually friendly towards Bryony and Mia!
- Gary gets along with Vanessa!
- Gary and Scarlett probably get on well, what with their shared interest in socializing widely!
- Gary and Conrad were once friends, but somehow things went bad!
Ricky's dude's brother will exist at some point! So will a couple more characters!
- [+] Spoiler
- He's Ricky's dude's brother!
- Those other people will know people too!
A quick word of caution: I will be leaving at least one kid home, probably more. I don't really do island planning outside of very specific circumstances, so unless I've already agreed to do something in-game with you, don't tap me for that because there's an exceptional chance I'll flake. Don't grab my kids for any role that absolutely must be filled in the game proper, because I may well leave any given kid home. I do not give my kids away if I don't bring to the game myself.
Scary disclaimers aside, I'd love to hear from folks and I really am pretty open to ideas (and if I don't dig something I'll chat about why and see what we can work out). My kids are subject to conceptual editing or cancellation until they're approved, but if that happens I'll do my best to chat with you about it.