Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

November 10th, 2016, 12:13 am #11

Matt could philosophize about whether or not any of this bloodshed was necessary all day long if he had to, but he preferred not to do it in a dank basement that smelled of Sandy's rotting corpse and reminded him of his own dwindling lifespan. Nate's proposal to talk down serial murderers having been quietly shot down, Matt felt somewhat relieved. No objections to self-defense, he guessed. He let out a short, quiet sigh - barely audible. Maybe they were going to make it. Maybe they

Oh.

It's him.

And he has a gun.

That's good.

Great. The best thing he's seen all day, really, not counting the mutilated, decaying corpse in a dark, waterlogged basement that was presumably about to become his grave. He woke up this morning, smiled and said "I hope my life is threatened today. I really hope someone points a gun at me in a dark fucking basement." Except he didn't. He didn't hope for any of that. In fact, he had hoped for the opposite, believe it or not. This was, objectively speaking, a turn for the worse.

Slowly, he half-raised his arms towards the ceiling, not wanting to get shot for making any quick movements. He smiled - so fake it could turn your stomach outside of any other situation - and spoke up.

"He has a gun," he said, through gritted teeth. Just loud enough for the other two to hear. Ever since he was dumped onto this rock, he had feared this. Going face to face with someone who had a gun. Going face to face with someone who had the drop on him. He thought that just maybe, he could avoid it. Of course, deep down, he knew that it was going to happen sooner or later.. everyone but him probably had luck on their side when it came to getting a weapon. He got a flimsy metal pole. This evolutionary throwback who he thought probably fantasized about killing in a guilt free environment got a gun, pointed at him.

In the back of his mind, he hoped that the gunman would shoot one of the others. The thought escaping to the front of his mind, he wondered if they would call him selfish if they knew. He didn't care.

Cicada Days
Winner

November 10th, 2016, 8:49 am #12

Nate was right. They didn't know why people had killed.

But they knew that people had killed. An infallible truth, that. A truth that Ben understood even when there was so much left to understand. An understanding that furiously hurt, that burned every part of his body to scorched and salted earth.

Something shifted, in a corner of the room.

Ben realized. The corpses, the cameras had eaten up so much of their attention they'd missed a couple of the other details. A door. A backroom.

"He has a gun."

That detail, on the other hand, was not easy to miss.

Ben wasn't going to raise his arms, not like Matt. Now was not the time for that. He felt his fists clench, fingernails digging themselves a grave on his palm. But otherwise, he stood stock still. Matt was almost not taller than him, so he could see past. And be seen. Recognition, perhaps, would be key.

"Alvaro." That was the name. Alvaro. Ben had almost forgotten. Ben's voice had dropped half an octave, onto a note that was flat and dull. His soulless eyes searched, through the murkiness of what light was left in the room. Maybe when he looked into Alvaro's eyes he'd see exactly what he knew, feared he was going to see. Maybe his eyes weren't the only dead ones in here, now. Maybe a reckoning was to come, on the blur of a bullet and the swing of a fist.

"Alvaro, you recognize me, right? Your old pal, Ben Fields?" There had been more innocent days with Alvaro once. 'That cool guy who teaches me how to play chess when I ask'. His sister had said that.

Once.

Ben glanced back over his shoulder, at Nate. For just a microsecond, some dark anxiety keeping his eyes from going all the way.

"I don’t know why anyone’s killing anyone, and maybe they don’t know either."

Maybe they were about to learn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

November 10th, 2016, 11:34 pm #13

There was no time to wallow in uncertainty as Alvaro entered the scene. Blocked from Nate’s line of sight by his two companions, he could only freeze on the spot as Matt warned them of the new arrival’s gun.

He felt his breathing growing rapid again, just as it had when he’d realised there was a bomb around his neck, as he pictured the unseen assailant holding their huge gun and ready to end all of their lives.

He looked through the corner of his eye at the doorway behind him, too scared to actually turn. He could run, he should’ve run, but his limbs weren’t listening. What about Ben and Matt? They didn’t have a clear exit like him, so should he abandon them in the hopes that they somehow got to safety? Should he stay together and die with them?

There was too much to think about in that brief moment, as his thoughts collided in an immobile traffic jam. Thankfully, Ben brought him to his senses when he said the name Alvaro.

Mobility returning, he pushed past Ben to get a clear view, confirming what he’d heard. There Alvaro was, his buddy and captain from the soccer team; there he was, definitely pointing that pistol at them. Between the weapon, the stench of death in the air, and the grim demeanour that could only have come from whatever Alvaro had been through in the past two days, he was barely recognisable.

“Alvaro, it’s me!” he called out, stepping a step closer, his face a strange mix of happy relief and growing terror. He was glad to meet someone familiar again, but familiarity was lost on someone who could end your life with the twinge of a finger.

“It’s ok, you can put the gun down!”

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

November 11th, 2016, 6:00 am #14

He was hoping that he wouldn’t have to see anybody.

((Alvaro Vacanti, continued from And I Can’t See A Way Out This Time))

He hadn’t, since he had left the gardens. Since he had seen Jane. He wasn’t sure what to do, after that, so he walked. Explored where he was. He wasn’t able to go very far - his collar started beeping as he approached a place and he freaked out and ran - but he knew a little bit about where he was. There was an asylum, a church, and then the place where his collar started beeping. He could work with that. Maybe. Use it for his own purposes, or something. A hiding place. There was nobody he could trust, so he just had to be the best he could be. It had become nightfall, as he had found the asylum again, and he went inside. Found a room. There were corpses outside, but he could pretend they didn’t exist. He fell asleep fairly quickly, and the announcement had woken him up. He stood up, off of where he was, and that was when he saw the group.

And he hadn’t seen anyone else during that time.

And he was happy for that. He knew what he had to do, but he didn’t know whether he could.

But he knew he had to.

So that was why he said what he said. That was why he did what he did. They were scared. Of him. As much as he didn’t want them to think that, he knew that it was good for him.

But then they started talking back to him. That was when he realised who they were. Ben. Nate.

Friends.

No. He couldn’t do it. He couldn’t pull-

But he had to. He knew he had to. There was no other choice. They knew and they didn’t like it and it was going to be like Min-Jae and it was going to be like Scout and he was going to be injured and he just had to do something before they tried to-

But they were his friends. He played soccer with Nate. He talked with Ben, at the cafe. With his sister. No, he-

And then he remembered. The announcements. Min-jae was up there. Oskar was up there. They had killed. He had killed.

…

“Drop your weapons.”
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

November 11th, 2016, 7:06 am #15

Weapons. What a joke. Between the three of them, there wasn't half of something even approaching a weapon. If it gave the crazed gunman that his companions somehow knew any peace of mind, then sure. He'd drop his 'weapon'. He quietly hoped that his gun jammed if he decided to fire it, before thinking about a more proactive solution.

"Uh, alright.. I'm putting it down, now. Just, uh, keep cool, alright?"

Slowly, he started putting his selfie stick down. He fantasized about knocking Alvaro upside the head with it, but that's all it was - fantasizing. Even if he did hit him, this thing wasn't sturdy enough to do more than annoy him. Maybe he could get out, run away, something like that. It was dark. He might miss. He might hit someone else. He might not even fire at all, he didn't know.

A million different solutions ran through his head, none of them seeming to be worth it. So he stood his ground, hoping that someone braver than him would do something. Or maybe he was waiting to get shot in a dark basement and have thousands, if not millions of people see it - who knew?

That really was the funniest death he could imagine, really. The ultimate game show ending.

Cicada Days
Winner

November 11th, 2016, 8:12 am #16

Nate charged forward. Straight into the breach. Ben could hear it in Nate's voice, something along the lines of an outburst. Of friendly joy. Of pants pissing. Something in between. There was no weapon for Ben to put down. Except maybe his hands. Those drooped a bit to the floor, as his fists relaxed.

Ben didn't like this. He didn't like that he was relaxing. Idling. He didn't like that there were bodies between him and danger. That if it came to action, that if Alvaro looked their way and saw nothing but the chance for flying bullets...

That Ben wouldn't be the one to do what needed to be done. But then, who knew if it would be Nate or Matt filling that role themselves? Ben remembered the things they'd said. He remembered the things he'd said. Problematic, those things. Troubling arguments for the future. Specifically, for their future.

Whatever the camera was catching it probably didn't look that good.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2016, 12:57 pm #17

It took Nate a moment to realise what Alvaro was asking, why he was asking it, but he complied and threw the whip to the ground between them.

“It’s ok, we’re not going to hurt you. You can put the gun down now.”

He was trying to smile, to look reassuring, but Alvaro's disturbing visage was making that impossible. His face was an absolute mess, and his words carried a tone that sent something off in Nate’s survival instincts. What should’ve been a harmless misunderstanding and a happy reunion was far from it.

That’s right, Nate realised: Alvaro had come up on the announcements. Nate had been thrust into the spot of being face to face with one of those people that he'd dreaded meeting since yesterday morning, dreaded having to decide what was actually the right thing to do, as if he was being challenged to put his words to the test. He hadn't expected it to happen so soon after declaring his plans for Nancy, but it was do or die as far as his diplomatic intentions went.

A lump was forming in his throat.

“Really, you don’t have to do anything crazy. It's ok.”

You don’t have to kill us like the others. You don't have to kill me.

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

November 14th, 2016, 5:22 am #18

Matt was looking for a way out. A chance to leave the room, no matter what it was - Alvaro deciding to start with someone who wasn't him, for example - was welcome. For some strange reason, Nate was still trying to talk to him. The reason why escaped him at the moment. Stupidity, maybe, or some kind of hidden death wish neither him nor Ben knew about. He wasn't sure. Either way, he was trying to keep a low profile. Hard to do, considering you could count the number of people in the room on one hand. All he could do now was glance over at Nate and hope he'd figure it out that the time for talking was over. Hell, was there ever a time for talking?

He wasn't too keen on opening his mouth. There had to be some way out. Maybe if he tried to run away, he'd shoot, miss and Ben could tackle him, or..

He eyed the gun Alvaro was holding. He wondered if he was any good with it - or if it was even loaded. There really was only one way to find out, wasn't there? The shittiest game he'd ever played was the one he was currently participating in, really - maybe he'll miss. Maybe you'll get shot in a dark basement.

There was only one way to find out and finding out terrified him.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

November 15th, 2016, 1:00 am #19

“Good.”

Whatever Matt had was down. That was good. It meant that this could be easier. They wouldn’t fight. They wouldn’t attack. He knew that Scout. Min-Jae had their hands, but he was faithful. They only had their hands. They weren’t going to attack them. They were scared of him, and that was good. And that was bad. He could do this. His finger was where it needed to be. He just had to pull-

A voice - Nate’s - called out to him. He had dropped his weapons as well. But he called. Out to him. Didn’t say his name, but it was friendly. Nice. Like Audrey. Like Danny.

Like Barry.

He had to do this. He knew he had to. Pull the trigger. His finger was there. He just had to-

But he couldn’t. Nate was there. Nate was his friend. He couldn’t do it. He couldn’t.

But he had to.

“No. I can’t,” he said, in reply.

He looked up. Looked in Nate’s eyes.

He looked away.

“I have to…”

He trailed off.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

November 16th, 2016, 5:40 pm #20

So much pain, so much terror. Alvaro’s deep eyes of sadness were bringing Nate within an inch of finally breaking out into tears again.

“You really don’t,” he continued, daring to edge just a step closer to his gun-toting friend. A voice in the back of his own head was screaming that this was crazy, suicidal, that he didn’t want to die like this, but he couldn’t just run away. Alvaro needed him, and maybe he could just talk him out of it and actually make a difference for once.

“I know that you’re scared, and I’m really scared too, but this isn’t the answer.” He was trying to swallow that lump in his throat still, get it out of the way and get the words to actually come out naturally. “We’re your friends, Alvaro; we’re going to help fix this and figure this out.”

“Whatever you did and why you did it, it’s ok. Just...” he wanted to take another step forward, but he couldn’t. He was as close as he could manage. “Just put the gun down, please.”