Hey, everyone. Of late, there have been several incidents of people feeling uncomfortable in chat. After considering the issue, the staff has decided that chat could really use a code of conduct. With that in mind, the following rules now apply:
1. If someone asks you to stop doing something genuinely offensive, do it. If you are not completely sure that you are being inoffensive, knock it off anyways. If you think you're being harmless, be prepared to explain why to the staff should the situation escalate.
2. If you have an issue with someone's behavior, ask them to stop. If this doesn't work, report it to staff. If you escalate the situation or retaliate, you will share responsibility if/when the staff does get involved.
3. Criticism of characters/expression of opinions is allowed. We are a writing site, after all. Relentless mocking of characters is not. That's what PMs are for, if you really must do it. We want all our writers to feel welcome and safe in chat. Saying, "I do not like character X because their reactions are unrealistic and they seem lacking in emotional depth" is fine. Saying, "Character Y's dumb and gonna start eating corpses now, 'cause he's Blood Boy V4!" is not. If you're unclear on the line, ask someone else's opinion.
4. Listen to the mods if they are acting in a staff capacity. We're not tyrants. We are here to make sure all the members of the site feel welcome. If that means telling our friends to calm down, we will do it. It's nothing personal.
5. Violation of the chat rules may result in suspensions from the chat, the site, or both.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Chat Code of Conduct
MurderWeaselMW's Private Rank
- Joined: February 18th, 2009, 7:01 am