Bryan vs. Mariavel

laZardo
Winner
Joined: October 11th, 2006, 3:08 pm

June 26th, 2007, 3:12 am #1

I cannot help but think that the entire SOTF V2 not only revolved around these two characters, but it seems as if the whole game is set up so that these two not only make the final 10 but also the last two standing.

Anybody concur?
Like
Share

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:19 am

June 26th, 2007, 3:27 am #2

What made you come to this conclusion?
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken
Like
Share

RePeate
Leader
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 12:38 am

June 26th, 2007, 3:35 am #3

V2 revolved around whoever you personally felt had the most interesting plot line...
<body>
<font color=blue>
<BR>Character Status
<HR WIDTH ="30%" ALIGN=left>
<font color=green>Currently In-Game: Evan Angler, Gabe McCallum
<font color=red>Currently Deceased: Alex Steele, Monique St.Claire
<font color=white>On Standby:
<font color=red> <I>Oh, so I see the floor is here...</I>
</body>
Like
Share

Ares
Winner
Joined: January 12th, 2007, 5:33 am

June 26th, 2007, 3:45 am #4

Honesty is the best policy, so heres my take on it. Cyco did some of the best writing on this RP and turned Bryan into a character that whether you wanted to or not, you couldn't help but follow. I may be judged as "guilty" by you Laz since looking back on it, I saved Bryan through a deal with a hero card for hero card, but still, as weird as it sounds, Bryan deserves to be as far as he is. I don't know if I can say the same for Mariavel. I know Mitsuko was just doing her part in getting rid of the inactives, but it really seemed that the minute someone could be killed, Mariavel was there. So in a way, where I see Bryan more having earned his way there, I will agree that Mariavel feels a bit "forced" into the final 10. Oh well, so be it. It's random, no matter what we all want to think, it will always be random. I'll be down to one character after that poll, since I didn't write up Justin enough to make him noticeable enough to even garner a vote. Am I happy, no? But I trust the staff team to do everything randomly, and in the fairest way possible.

Wall of text crits you for 3500 damage
You die.
Is in...
Like
Share

Slacker
Slacker

June 26th, 2007, 3:54 am #5

The thing is Mariavel is the product of an RPer in their fledgling stages (Mitsuko for the most part is still a newbie to the RPing thing, although that's not meant to offend as she's obviously still growing and has the potential to be really good), while Bryan is a much more developed character from a writer that has already grown some chops if you will. It's sorta like pairing up Hendrix and some random kid guitarist in a guitar duel.

One has potential, but one is just amazing and already in his prime.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Ares
Winner
Joined: January 12th, 2007, 5:33 am

June 26th, 2007, 3:55 am #6

I thank you Slacker for saying what I was trying to say using a damn good analogy.
Is in...
Like
Share

Chase
Player
Chase
Player
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:19 am

June 26th, 2007, 3:55 am #7

Oh damn!

You've totally found us out, we've been sitting in our comfy armchairs behind out SOTF offices with our big monitors giggling all the way as we think of more ways to just screw you over.

Because of course we didn't just roll a character for everyone else. We just pushed the little red button we installed on all of our keyboards that we like to call ze, "LaZardo rapage."

And we totally just put Bryan up so that we could help ruin your dignity more by watching the votes completely smash Damien out of the final ten. Psssh, doesn't matter we spend time out of our lives making lists of who's still alive and roll randomly the people to die, just to throw it out and make a list to our whim because we can.

Because this roleplay is just shits and giggles to all of us on the staff, and everyone is laughing behind your back.


Is that what you want to hear? That we don't care about the trust of our members, that we just toy with it as we wish and damn the consequences?

That's offensive and rude, and I just spent time replying to that PM. For what? So that you can publicly call us out for being out to get you?

How are you so easily ready to call us out for rigging the game when you tried to win a contest by voting for your own character. How is that not rigging the game?

Don't you dare try to rally support when you've tried to cheat the members of this site once before.
Risen from the dead.
Like
Share

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:19 am

June 26th, 2007, 4:00 am #8

On a more literal note, I do think Bryan would win in a fight against Mariavel. Nothing personal, it's just my opinion.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken
Like
Share

laZardo
Winner
Joined: October 11th, 2006, 3:08 pm

June 26th, 2007, 4:26 am #9

@Leo: And how would you know that I was the only one who voted for myself during those times? I damn well knew I couldn't vote more than once, and I'm guessing that other people have voted for their own characters as well. Oh yeah, point me out, among all these other people, because I'm the only one capable of rigging (and you can take that as a "confession.") Never mind that the format of that vote wasn't explained clearly.

So I guess I'm supposed to just sit there and take it in the pooper when I'm rolled at least once every other month, and that I've had my remaining characters dangling close to being collared more often than not.
Like
Share

Chase
Player
Chase
Player
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:19 am

June 26th, 2007, 4:31 am #10

I'm talking about the contest not for the final ten, but for winning a prize, the ones we hold monthly.

You're pretty damn lucky we didn't ban you, and you know what? We check the IPs. As far as that goes, you're the unlucky member to have been caught, or to even try that, and you know what? You even go as far to say that we target you.

Meg's losing her flagship too, so, get over it.


Risen from the dead.
Like
Share

Slacker
Slacker

June 26th, 2007, 4:31 am #11

wrote:So I guess I'm supposed to just sit there and take it in the pooper when I'm rolled at least once every other month, and that I've had my remaining characters dangling close to being collared more often than not.
In short, yes.

Croco
Survivor
Croco
Survivor
Joined: October 26th, 2006, 2:33 pm

June 26th, 2007, 4:35 am #12

The only characters I've truly followed were my own, so I can't really comment on anyone else's writing. But if this turns into a popularity contest, then you might as well count me out because I felt that I have a character that is very much capable of winning the game...if there was an accurate way of gauging a character's physical parameters. That would be done by measuring things like hunger, thirst, damage, etc.; it'd make it more realistic, but it would be dismissed as another stupid idea. Having said that, I had someone (won't call names) that came out and said that Mariavel is immune to any and all rolls from here on out. Naturally, I thought that this notion was crazy talk, but it's led me to wonder...the last winner was a boy (Adam Dodd) and it was won by Adam (or d0dd10slave or whatever the hell his name was), and an admin might I add.

I know there's a couple conspiracy theorists out there that might agree with me on this one; I also know there's more than a few of you that'll say I'm absolutely full of shit. But it has to be said.

...

With the way everything's playing out so far, I believe that this game has been rigged so that Mariavel Vallara will win. And if it is so, then fuck V3...it won't even be worth the time of day. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but that's the way I see it shaping up to be.
THE HIT SQUAD
G16: Brittany Ashworth - CONDITION: Deceased
B44: Michael Neely - CONDITION: Deceased
B20: Peter Rosenthal - CONDITION: Deceased
B23: Vesa Turunen - CONDITION: Injured

FUTURE HITMEN
Corbin Barrett, Kazuhiko Takeda
Like
Share

laZardo
Winner
Joined: October 11th, 2006, 3:08 pm

June 26th, 2007, 4:42 am #13

Leo wrote:You're pretty damn lucky we didn't ban you, and you know what? We check the IPs. As far as that goes, you're the unlucky member to have been caught, or to even try that, and you know what? You even go as far to say that we target you.

Get over it.
All right then, I'll get over it. Never mind that the format of that vote wasn't fully/clearly explained until after I voted.

Besides which, there's no way I can vote twice on the "final 10" poll, and you can be assured that I won't form a duplicate account to do so. I'm saying that to you right now, okay? You may not target me directly, but I can tell that you'll damn well be suspicious of me from here on out.
Like
Share

Megami
Mr. Danya
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:13 am

June 26th, 2007, 4:42 am #14

Alright, I've had enough.

I've been really nice up until this point. I even forwarded your PM out to other members of the staff because I didn't feel like I could handle it in a professional manner, but quite honestly, you're grinding on my very last nerve.

I'm gonna be really straight with you here. I'm tired of you whining, bitching, and complaining about every little thing on the forum. If you don't like it, then leave. If you think that I don't have anything better to do than sit here all day and think of ways to screw you over, then you're sorely mistaken.

Nobody is "rigging rolls". Nobody is sitting here going "Gee, let's roll Damien so we can listen to Laz bitch about a conspiracy theory some more". Nobody. Freaking. CARES. Do you think we're so insanely jealous of your characters that we feel the need to eliminate them from the game at all costs or something? If you're that naive, then I really do pity you.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of listening to you bitch when you don't get your way about something. Your characters are going to get rolled, it's part of the game, and if you don't like it, don't roleplay here. Do you think you're the only person whose characters get rolled on a regular basis? Do you know how many times Bryan has been rolled? Does Cyco complain? No. He doesn't. For that matter, does anybody else really complain? No, they don't.

But, oh my God, it's so unfair, because people will SAVE Bryan! Why won't they SAVE Damien? Well, maybe because people think Bryan is worth saving, and they don't think that Damien is. Maybe it's because some people don't worship the ground your character walks on like you seem to. I don't really know the reason, and I don't really care either.

Stop your fucking bitching. I'm way past being diplomatic about it, because I'm way past tired of hearing you whine. You complain every single time you're rolled, because we're oh so obviously out to fuck YOU over, because we all have some ridiculous obsession with you that we don't seem to have with any of the other members.

Grow up.
Like
Share

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya
Joined: September 22nd, 2006, 2:19 am

June 26th, 2007, 4:43 am #15

I don't understand your logic, Croco, and to be honest I ain't gonna try. v1's winner, for example, was determined by 50/50 diceroll, and Adam almost lost. Position in staff doesn't guarantee progress. Also, whoever told you Mariavel was immune to all rolls was lying, and if it was Mitsuko that could be constituted as an abuse of power. Your argument has little to no merit.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken
Like
Share