BetaKnight
Winner

March 25th, 2012, 12:15 am #12

I have to ask...

Why would you do Mini games on the Main board? Why not do Mini CoTM on the Mini board? After all, they are separate entities.
[+] spoiler

Rebecca Kiesling Girl 50 armed with One Package Sharpie Minis

Iselle Ovalle-Vandermeer Girl 10 armed with Five foot hickory walking stick

Cooper Komorowski Boy 63 armed with WASP knife

Genie Banneman - banned from Senior Trip

KamiKaze
Winner

March 25th, 2012, 12:17 am #13

True! Maybe just title it "Past COTW" or similar.

Hmmm... good point, Tre. I guess I was thinking that a lot of handlers who hang out primarily on the main site don't read Mini. There's a lot of weird anti-Mini sentiment on the chat at times, really. So, I guess my idea was to encourage people who don't look at Mini to check it out? How does that sound?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

March 25th, 2012, 12:44 am #14

*Raises Hand* Ooh, Ooh, how about you call it something similar to something on TV like "Behind the Survival" or "SOTF Presents..."
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

KamiKaze
Winner

March 25th, 2012, 12:56 am #15

I think that if we do end up doing Mini separate, they should be put together rather than separate, for organization reasons.

Though! It does sound like something for Survival of the Snarkiest if it comes back up again, perhaps as one of the IC recaps?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

March 25th, 2012, 1:34 am #16

Kamikaze wrote:I think that if we do end up doing Mini separate, they should be put together rather than separate, for organization reasons.

Though! It does sound like something for Survival of the Snarkiest if it comes back up again, perhaps as one of the IC recaps?
Just a sidenote: I am bringing back Survival of the Snarkiest Blogs. So if you need that involved, then yeah something could possibly be worked out.

Cool idea btw.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 25th, 2012, 4:11 am #17

The idea sounds mostly cool, however, I'm seeing a few possible stumbling blocks.

1. (The minor thing):

Rolling by version and stuff throws the probability way off. In effect, it favors characters from smaller games over those from larger ones. As, say, Evo has the same odds of getting picked as V4, that means the chances for selecting one out of twenty-one characters and the chances of selecting one out of two hundred and seventy-six are the same. It's not even. The alternative is to throw all the characters into one huge list and just roll straight by character. That, however, favors certain versions (Evo will never get picked, then). So... the question is, what's more important here? Wide exposure to versions, or to characters? I don't have an answer; I just want to bring up the math.

2. (The more major thing):

There are some handlers who wish certain characters of theirs would be forgotten, and some characters who... are not going to get a lot of positive feedback. My worry is there's the potential for this to end up as open season on those who are "acceptable targets" (which we definitely do have). I guess this goes with the "Don't be a jerk" rule, but maybe just note that criticism, likes and dislikes, etc. should be phrased constructively and politely? Basically, if you roll, say, Blood Boy, even though he's not so popular these days, I feel like everyone should be encouraged to not get mean about stuff.

3. (The last thing):

I far prefer this as user-run than as staff-run. It's awesome to see the members getting involved in stuff, and I think this works better as an unofficial sort of thing.

That's basically all. You've also given me another idea, but I'll throw it up in a separate thread.