Bloodbathed Spirits

Take a break from the toils of the SOTF ACT and relax in the tranquility of another roleplay. You decide what sort of roleplays appear here, be they AU SOTFs or something entirely different. You're only limited by your own imagination.

Bloodbathed Spirits

Neuphim
Survivor
Neuphim
Survivor

September 21st, 2008, 11:41 pm #1

Countless. That is the word to use to describe the breaths that were being taken. Countless describes the thoughts being processed, of unseen want and of consternation. Countless describes the total leagues travel by those that have come to this remote Asia forest.

So many have come to this field of white marble. A field that the day before didn’t even existed. But all of them came nonetheless. For a silent calling was heard, and was answered.

Then the Twelve appeared.

Instantly those gathered knew that before them were the foundations of the universe, something far and beyond themselves. It mattered little if they be demon, elemental, churl, or king, their presence made them revered almost immediately and all bowed their heads. Not a soul, lucid or dank, would dare look upon such powers.

Each was seated atop a massive and elaborate throne, floating and circling. At the first throne sat a middle-aged. His face was one of sly smiles and he wore a forked beard. Next to him was a woman garbed in full armor. Her face was steady and cool as water. Next to her was a colorful youth. His hair was spiked and red as if they were flames. He was flirting with a voluptuous girl seated next to him. Her wide eyes stared back into powerful face, giving a modest smile to is advances, knowing he’ll strike. Next was a middle-aged woman. She had a thin face and slit-eyes with a sleepy daze. She was trying, though failing, to block out the guffaws of the next two. The brown-mane man, the one next to the slit-eyed woman, with devilishly handsome looks, had his arm around an elegant lady with white snow hair. Beside them, the youngest of them all was off playing with his strings fervently. A long tail ran down his side and was brushing against his neighbor, the feathery-hair girl with spectacles, who was speaking amiably with the last two, a friendly faced teen and snot nosed girl.

Twelve were the thrones gathered, and eleven was the number present.

“Warriors of the East and West, the North and South,” the slit-eyed began, with a faint hint of a hiss. The other Twelve stopped their chatter and paid all attention to look…godly. Save the boy with his string, of course. “I, the Snake of the Twelve, humbly greet you all. For those knowledgeable enough to see,” using her hands to emphasize, “there is only eleven, where there should be twelve. The Dragon of the Twelve is not here. Nor will he ever.“ A deep dazed stayed across the Snake’s eyes, nonchalant to the words coming out of it. “All eleven of us have pondered and argued on how to take care of this little…matter

“Some of us said that we should just forgot about it. That it is not necessary to have a Dragon. Of course, they assume a palace that has lost a pillar will remain steady.” The wide-eyed girl bobbed in shame, while the friendly-faced teen and the snot nosed girl look slightly unnerved. The Snake rattled on. “One had an interesting motion to create a new Dragon.” The boy with the string paid little at her poisoned mock, who was fixated on finding new designs he hasn’t thought of. “Others did not bother to decide on anything. So, it was up to me to decide. And all I have to do was look at this planet to see just the will to become a god yourself.” The Snake had a faint smile on her dozy face. “So this is my boon to you mortals. Prove your valor here, prove your strength, prove to us Twelve and you shall recieve the ultimate reward."

"The chance to be a god."

( Signup
Name: Ief The High Eunuch(Do I really need to explain this?)
Element: Water (Element is the warrior’s essence. It is what represents their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their primary magic. The elements are as follow: Fire, Water, Earth, Wood and Metal.
Fire consumes Metal and Wood and is snuffed out by Water and Earth.
Water weakens Fire and Metal but itself is weakened against Earth and Wood.
Earth enervates Fire and Water but is weakened Metal and Wood.
Wood subjugates Earth and Water but is torn by Fire and Metal.
Metal scorches Wood and Earth but is worn down by Water and Fire.)

Weapon: Dao (I doubt this one needs to be explained)

Appearance: A eunuch, his face powdered white, nearly resembling a ghost. He bears blue lips and a giant blue circle in the middle of his bald head. He wears layers of fine silks and velvets, all of different shades of hue. (Nor this one)

(The next four are the attributes: Speed, Strength, Defense and Evade. You have to place 25 points amongst these in any array that you’d like. 12 is the most you can put into a slot)

Speed: 12 (Speed dictates how many times you can strike in one sitting. For every four points you put here, you get extra strike. If the amount of strikes equal, it nullifies.)

Strength: 2 (Strength determines how powerful your blows are. For every two points added here, you get a bonus of 1 added to your attacks.)

Defense: 0 (Defense determines how much damage you can take. For every two points added here, you nullify 1 piece of damage.)

Evade: 11 (Evade determines the chance that an opponent’s blow(s) misses. For every point added here, you get 3 percent chance, with 36 being the maximum. For opponents with double or more strikes, each strike is individually taken into account.)

About the Game

So how this going to work out is this: I’m going to wait until eight people signed up for this game and then get us started. The game works out as a continuous battle royale, though always a duel between two characters. Once one character is killed, the another will enter the fray.

So how is this going to work you ask? Before we begin playing, I'll randomly arange the signed handlers, not the characters themselves, into a list. The game will start off with a battle between my character and another opponent that I'll design just to lose the fight. This will actually serve as a template to how the battles work and how they CAN be written, though you can do it any way you want. After this fight, the first handler how the list will enter the fray and fight against my character. With each post, the ENTIRE fight takes place, instead of being a back and forth arrangement. After THAT fight, it'll transfer to the next handler, whose character will fight against the winner of the last fight. And this will go on til we get through all the handlers, at which time we shall begin the signup process again.

This game is more of the lines of a writer’s workshop than an actually RPG. Only it’s much cooler due to it being exclusively rad duels. I would like to say that the rule of cool is in full effect. So you can come up with anything, even be gods that pull off Dragonball Z moves, without having to worry. The main thing is that you have fun is what I getting at.

About Combat

Combat
1. A six-sided dice is rolled for the Arena. 1=Fire, 2=Water, 3=Earth, 4=Wood, 5=Metal, 6=Field (just the field and no arena bonuses)
2. Bonuses/ Disadvantages are issued.
3. The first strike is issued. This is decided by using a complex technique called ‘flipping a coin’, with the winner of battle calling it.
4. We use a random number generator to see if the attack hits. We repeat this for each strike.
5. Then we roll a six-sided dice to see how much damage is done. We repeat this for each strike.
6. We use a random number generator to determine if it’s a critical hit (5%), which doubles the amount of damage . We repeat this for each strike
7. It switches over to the other opponant.
8. Steps 4 through 7 is continued until a winner is made.

Bonus
*If you fight against someone with the element that you are strong against, plus 2 points is added to your strength and defense, and your chance of a critical hit is doubled; the bonus is reversed if otherwise. If you fight against someone that has the same element as you, no bonuses are given.

*If the arena you are fighting in that is corresponding to your element, you gain 2 points for all your stats. If it is corresponding to elements that you are strong against (like you are Wood in a Earth Arena) or in the Plain Arena, no bonus is awarded. If it is in a Arena corresponding to elements you are weak against, you lose 2 points for all your stats. Note: you can’t have negative stats.

Last Things
*The elements can be Wood can be consider as air. In the Chinese elements, it is roughly the case anyway.

Also, I’d want to know what you’d rather want to do: have me do all the calculations and give the stats to those that have to write OR to do all the dice rolls on the SOFT chatroom or a IM service. Please post what you think at the bottom of the signup.

So, unless you have any questions, go at it.)

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

LadyMakaze
Player

September 22nd, 2008, 6:23 am #2

Hm, Gosh, why not.

Name: Prince-of-the-Earth
Element: Earth

Weapon: Lance
Appearance: Rather slim, completely gender-neutral figure covered head-to-toe-to-finger in an ivory-white set of thick-plated and bulky, yet elegant armor. Stands at about average height, with an ornate helm decorated with a white dragon at the crest. The visor is always down, so the face for the most part almost completely hidden. Confirmed to be female.

Speed: 0
Strength: 10
Defense: 12
Evade: 3

MATSUDAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Lady's Lineup:

Alive: Julie Mikan(at the Marsh), Alice Jones(at the Jailhouse)

Dead: Luke Rowan, Nadine Willowbrook, Galen Neilson

v4: Mina "Yulin" Bathory, Gwynnes "Gwyn" Whitaker

Pigeon Army
Player

September 22nd, 2008, 10:50 pm #3

So I take it we choose a character you've outlined above? I'll roll with that.

Name: Chang'an, Master of Jiangxi Forest.
Element: Wood.

Weapon: Staff
Appearance: A tall, handsome man with startling green eyes and flowing brown hair. He wears dark green robes and carries with him a smooth and long brown staff. He has a scar running up his right arm. He fights barefoot.

Speed: 4
Strength: 10
Defense: 8
Evade: 3
THE LIVING - V4
G087 - Rachel Gettys / Tambourine / The Groundskeeper's Hut / Babysitter: Ciel
B027 - Dustin Royal / Yatagan / Residential Area / Babysitter: Hollyquin
B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala / Astra 400 (9mm) [x3 magazines (8 round capacity)] / The Tunnels / Babysitter: Inky

THE DECEASED - V4
B097 - Max Neill / The Lighthouse

PIGE AND ARCH - SALES MASTERS!!!

September 23rd, 2008, 6:26 am #4

This sounds kind of amusing. Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Name: Fei Long, The Dancing Ember
Element: Fire.

Weapon: Armored Bracers
Appearance: A short, thin figure wrapped in a billowing red cloak. Short, wild black hair tops his head and deep grey eyes dominate his face. The clothes beneath his cloak are dark grey pants and shirt. His knuckles, wrists, and forearms are covered in shining steel bracers.

Strength: 3
Defense: 6
Evade: 12
Maybe the night seems so dark because the day is much too bright.

v3 Characters-
Petra Elizabeth Andrews, Morgan Green, Edward Sullivan

v4 Characters-
Ilario Fiametta III, Roy Archer, Riley Flynn, Olexia Kovacs

Tythanin
Leader

September 23rd, 2008, 6:41 pm #5

Why not? It'll give me something to do. Also this (*If the arena you are fighting in that is corresponding to your element. Note: you can’t have negative) gives the same amount of bonuses as if you had the stronger element, right? At least, that's what I interpreted that to mean.

Name: Xiang Min, the Voice of Heaven
Element: Wood

Weapon(s): Spiked Gauntlet and Longsword
Appearance: A young, beautiful woman dressed in the typical robes and style of the Chinese courts. Is of medium height and stature and has long, flowing black hair that stops at the middle of her back. Her bright blue eyes shine with cunning and ambition. A brilliant, golden longsword with a phoenix-engraved hilt hangs by a sheath on her waist while a harsh, black metal gauntlet covers her left hand. Spikes protrude from the top and the fingers are shaped like that of a dragon and a shining, red gem shines from the palm of the gauntlet.

Strength: 4
Defense: 5
Evade: 12
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

Neuphim
Survivor
Neuphim
Survivor

September 23rd, 2008, 8:09 pm #6

Tythanin wrote: Why not? It'll give me something to do. Also this (*If the arena you are fighting in that is corresponding to your element. Note: you can’t have negative) gives the same amount of bonuses as if you had the stronger element, right? At least, that's what I interpreted that to mean.
(Oh, that I guess I didn't fill out all the way. I'll get right on it immediately.)

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

Darkling Perhaps
Survivor

September 30th, 2008, 6:12 pm #7

This looks nifty. And I think you doing the rolls would probably be easiest.

Name: Tyrel, the shield of the people
Element: Metal

Weapon: Spiked shield, a dark blue slab of metal with with reddish spikes jutting out all over the front. The arm-guard on the inside is heavy and strapped repeatedly, making the whole process of getting the shield on and off take several minutes.

Appearance: Tyrel has long black hair, dirt-covered and knotted. A thick scar runs diagnolly to his mouth above his sturdy chin, usually parted by his growling mouth. His eyes are a pale blue, showing his foreign decendents. A strong brute of a man, Tyrel wears thick dark blue samurai shoulderpads and a crooked crimson Roman-esque helmet. His muscled chest is bare, and he wears a red sash around his waist. Thick blue sandals cover his feet.

Speed: 0
Strength: 6
Defense: 12
Evade: 7

Edited October 3: Comon, comon, we only need two more people!
Hungry?

I brought leftovers...

Mark Tavarian - A rotting corpse at the Sea Cliffs

Neuphim
Survivor
Neuphim
Survivor

October 5th, 2008, 7:13 pm #8

[I'm going to start this sucker on Wednesday October, 8th. So just three more days]

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

Yossarian
Player

October 5th, 2008, 9:44 pm #9

Hmmm... looks pretty neat... I'll give it a try:

Name: Ardan, the Lifecrusher

Element: Metal

Weapon: Sunsplitter. Giant Two-Handed Sword, with Sapphires ornamented into hilt.

Appearance: Ardan is a huge man, bald head, large bear-claws-shape scars on face, piercing blue eyes, large, muscled chest (also scarred by animals, proof, that Ardan met more wild animals in his life, than peoples, although, few scars are made from slicing weapons), big, strong arms and legs. He wears cloak from bears fur, leather sash, hiding what needs to be hided (:P), and warm boots from wolfs fur. Ardan, also have a big tattoo on his right arm, representing wild stallion on back legs. (Yeah, i know, a typical barbarian, but i always wanted to play some character like that, and in DnD my friend always steals this role, so nows my chance ;])

Stats:

Speed: 12
Strength: 12
Defense: 0
Evade: 1

(this ridiculous speed for barbarian will be explained later, but i guess, in this 'For Fun game', it doesn't matter, right? ^^)

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
[+] spoiler

Mysterious Od Guy
Cannon Fodder
Mysterious Od Guy
Cannon Fodder

October 8th, 2008, 6:10 am #10

Name: Aliph the Scorcher, Bane of the Desert.
Element: Fire

Weapon:Double-bladed long spear.
Appearance: He stands robed in red silk, covering the steel plates sewn into them all around his body, careless of any sweat that drips off him. He weighs 250 lbs, and stands 6ft in height. His spear hangs on his back, bound by a thick leather sheath. His head is covered by a conical helmet with hangings that covers his neck, and he wears a red leather mask.

Speed: 8
Strength: 8
Defense: 4
Evade:5
Click my eggs!